Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384083 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Yemisi2015: 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
karypops:
Hi peeps,v been following d thread for few months now and i got loads of useful info from here and promised to thank you all for ur contributions When I get my visa approved....got my visa approved today in abuja.with all d info on here,it gave me d confidence...thanks all..am 27weeks gone and got a doctor at prince George hospital in maryland...Feel free to ask any further info grin

Hello, am 26weeks gone and also looking at Maryland. Kindly give details of price for prince George hospital. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by OMary83: 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
[quote author=Whites15 post=30596321][/quote]nothing on Accomodation yet.checking extended stay and airbnb but it is pretty expensive.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by karypops(f): 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
quote author=Yemisi2015 post=30606389]

Hello, am 26weeks gone and also looking at Maryland. Kindly give details of price for prince George hospital.

I hope its clear,juSt learning how to use nairaland

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrsshen:
@ Tvegas and any other NairaLander that has used Dr Fagbohun at Oakbend, does the 2,200usd he charges does he have a registration fee? I read from here that there is an initial visit fee of 150usd? Is dis included in the 2,200usd for normal delivery or is it separate? I am still reading through the 35c pages of this thread..i'm not yet done but I need this info pls...Pls I await ur answers...thank you fam

It's separate, send me a PM, I will forward the breakdown to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whites15: 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
OMary83:
nothing on Accomodation yet.checking extended stay and airbnb but it is pretty expensive.

Thanks for your feedback. I had read somewhere on this blog from people that had used Dr Mbagwu last year that he owns housing near the hospital that he rents out to his patients (international). I don't know if you've asked him about this. I am not due until several months down the line, therefore I haven't yet made contact with his office. As I have heard that he is a good doctor and the package is reasonable I am leaning towards using him, so beginning to check out accommodation options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
shimk:

pls share dis experience at Houston poe with me as dats where I will be landing in may.
I have heard so many scary tales bout Houston's poe.

God help us.

@shimk I had shared it earlier on this . Please check my previous posts in October 2014 I think. Itz really long to repeat. Hope u understand.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
I am currently in dr Mbagwus office but he is not here yet. So far his nurses are attending to me okay and giving me tips on free baby showers at hospitals but not met him yet. I am told he offers accommodation as well so I will try ask him for you guys interested. Seems I might change hospital sef as the nurses just gave me info on the other hospital he is affiliated to. 2700 for vaginal and it includes epidural already o and paediAtrician. I can't believe it yet but will visit the two hospitals and make up my mind.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whites15: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
MamaTobenna:
I am currently in dr Mbagwus office but he is not here yet. So far his nurses are attending to me okay and giving me tips on free baby showers at hospitals but not met him yet. I am told he offers accommodation as well so I will try ask him for you guys interested. Seems I might change hospital sef as the nurses just gave me info on the other hospital he is affiliated to. 2700 for vaginal and it includes epidural already o and paediAtrician. I can't believe it yet but will visit the two hospitals and make up my mind.

Hello MamaTobenna,
Thanks for the update. Please let us know about the accommodation once you have spoken with the doctor. Regarding the hospital, the one I had been told about is Centinela hospital. What is the name of the other hospital he is affiliated with, I would be interested to know for comparison purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hello nairaland mamas and papas

So I had my lo 2 weeks ago @ medical center Arlington, the dr induced me @ 37 weeks.
The nurses were excellent labor and delivery went smoothly. Left the hospital 2 days later and got the birth cert the following day. Got my zero balance and social security number yesterday. But I got a bill from pediatric medical group does any1 know about this?.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
please can you give me their website or No? have tried to search online but the website isnt opening.

karypops:
quote author=Yemisi2015 post=30606389]

Hello, am 26weeks gone and also looking at Maryland. Kindly give details of price for prince George hospital.

I hope its clear,juSt learning how to use nairaland
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by karypops(f): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
[quote author=segbas post=30611064]please can you give me their website or No? have tried to search online but the website isnt opening.

[/quo
Let mi try to send u via email since its nt allowed to post contact details here...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akindolz(f): 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hello . I just tried sending u a msg, kindly reply. Got some questions to ask. Thanks...
karypops:
Hi peeps,v been following d thread for few months now and i got loads of useful info from here and promised to thank you all for ur contributions When I get my visa approved....got my visa approved today in abuja.with all d info on here,it gave me d confidence...thanks all..am 27weeks gone and got a doctor at prince George hospital in maryland...Feel free to ask any further info grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by karypops(f): 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Just replied
akindolz:
Hello . I just tried sending u a msg, kindly reply. Got some questions to ask. Thanks...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsshen: 9:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=30605207][/quote]

@mabels..thank you very much for your response..God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akindolz(f): 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
Thanks

karypops:
Just replied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
Whites15:

Hello MamaTobenna,
Thanks for the update. Please let us know about the accommodation once you have spoken with the doctor. Regarding the hospital, the one I had been told about is Centinela hospital. What is the name of the other hospital he is affiliated with, I would be interested to know for comparison purposes.
so appointment is over. Name of hospital is St Francis Lynwood . I am told that another hospital is about to acquire them by next month so I want to quickly go and pay before the price increase. As for the doctors accommodation, he stopped doing it cos he did not get patients requesting but he said he is willing to do it again if he gets interested patients.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrsshen:
@ Tvegas and any other NairaLander that has used Dr Fagbohun at Oakbend, does the 2,200usd he charges does he have a registration fee? I read from here that there is an initial visit fee of 150usd? Is dis included in the 2,200usd for normal delivery or is it separate? I am still reading through the 35c pages of this thread..i'm not yet done but I need this info pls...Pls I await ur answers...thank you fram

For Dr Fagbohun,you pay 150dollars registration fee,150d for ultra sound for single preg,300d for twins.the initial 300d is not discounted and you pay cash.so his bill is 300+ 1920 (discounted fee if you pay by second visit).I hope this helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsmo: 11:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrsshen:
@ Tvegas and any other NairaLander that has used Dr Fagbohun at Oakbend, does the 2,200usd he charges does he have a registration fee? I read from here that there is an initial visit fee of 150usd? Is dis included in the 2,200usd for normal delivery or is it separate? I am still reading through the 35c pages of this thread..i'm not yet done but I need this info pls...Pls I await ur answers...thank you fam

Registered last week Friday. Paid $325 for initial visit, scan and something else. Can't remember now. But is different from his fees. It's after the scan and talking with him that someon will discuss the bill with you. So you pay that fee in addition to v-fees or cs-fees.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 12:32am On Feb 11, 2015
Pardon me everyone (Nairalanders) in the house.
To GOD be the Glory, I had my daughter safely in ElPaso Texas, It was fun, because I had it naturally after CS in my first pregnancy. My doctor in Naija told me is not possible, but lo and behold GOD made it possible in Elpaso. My daughter US passport & birth certificate was delivered to my apartment this week.
I love you all

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 12:37am On Feb 11, 2015
Pls can anyone help me on how to get the Nigeria Visa here in United State. The method i was told about cost about $380, does anyone know any other means.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 2:31am On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=Ezemistic post=30618019]Pardon me everyone (Nairalanders) in the house.
To GOD be the Glory, I had my daughter safely in ElPaso Texas, It was fun, because I had it naturally after CS in my first pregnancy. My doctor in Naija told me is not possible, but lo and behold GOD made it possible in Elpaso. My daughter US passport & birth certificate was delivered to my apartment this week.
I love you all

Congrats. Please which hospital did you use and how long did it take to get the birth certificate and passport after you applied? How did you go about it? Thanks for your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsshen: 6:01am On Feb 11, 2015
belfy:

For Dr Fagbohun,you pay 150dollars registration fee,150d for ultra sound for single preg,300d for twins.the initial 300d is not discounted and you pay cash.so his bill is 300+ 1920 (discounted fee if you pay by second visit).I hope this helps

@belfy...thanks for your response..it really does help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsshen: 6:05am On Feb 11, 2015
mrsmo:

Registered last week Friday. Paid $325 for initial visit, scan and something else. Can't remember now. But is different from his fees. It's after the scan and talking with him that someon will discuss the bill with you. So you pay that fee in addition to v-fees or cs-fees.

@mrsmo thanks for your response..really appreciate. one more thing, pls did you get a personalized letter from Dr Fagbohun before travelling? Or is it just the cost breakdown you used at the embassy for ur interview as "letter from doctor" just in case I am asked if I have a doctor. Thanks..awaiting your reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsshen: 6:09am On Feb 11, 2015
Ezemistic:
Pardon me everyone (Nairalanders) in the house.
I love you all

Awww...congrats on your beautiful princess @ Ezemistic...God will watch over her and your family. Thank God for a safe VBAC...Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 6:12am On Feb 11, 2015
mabels:
tvegas baba.

how is ur wife and son. Pls what do u think abt Circumcision in Oakbend, ( will be using Dr. Fagbohun and Oakbend). wont want to tamper with his future irin ise

Madam FavouedB how is ur daughter and ur hubby. Were u able to get her ears pierced in d states?

Thanks

TVegas dint circumsize his son here. He will do it in naija. I asked him and he told me they re not really good here. And for piercing ears... Just wait as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 7:27am On Feb 11, 2015
I used University Medical Center, it took 2-wks to get the birth certificate and 4-days to get the USA Passport. Cheers

[quote author=malory84 post=30619066][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Goldenheart88(f): 8:10am On Feb 11, 2015
kizluv:

Depends on how much she has paid from the $43k and also the amount of money she pays monthly, this would determine when she will eventually finish paying her bills. Those people can be funny. They shouldn't go and say she should have up to $43k, or say she should use the " huge cash " she has on her to settle a reasonable about of the debt. Am just saying thou...

Thank you for your response! God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:22am On Feb 11, 2015
Ezemistic:
Pls can anyone help me on how to get the Nigeria Visa here in United State. The method i was told about cost about $380, does anyone know any other means.

Read like 5 pages back or search for Tvegas and read his recent post, he did a very good job breaking down the process, I wrote mine on my notebook and would be hard typing it all out again. Hope this helps...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2015
Shayo5:
Hello nairaland mamas and papas

So I had my lo 2 weeks ago @ medical center Arlington, the dr induced me @ 37 weeks.
The nurses were excellent labor and delivery went smoothly. Left the hospital 2 days later and got the birth cert the following day. Got my zero balance and social security number yesterday. But I got a bill from pediatric medical group does any1 know about this?.

Congrats,was wondering why no post from you all this while,dint know your hands were full. Congrats once again, God bless your Lo. I guess the bill from pediatric med group is from babys pediatrician or have you been given a pidiatrician bill before?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 9:18am On Feb 11, 2015
MamaTobenna:

@ mamatobena
Sharp woman,i like you jare,9ja no de carry last,you don sharperly ask them about the freebies now now lol.
Thanks for updating us and giving back ,God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2015
sayoberry:

TVegas dint circumsize his son here. He will do it in naija. I asked him and he told me they re not really good here. And for piercing ears... Just wait as well.

Thanks alot. God bless u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babysykes: 9:58am On Feb 11, 2015
Congrats dear!may God grant u quick recovery and may your little one continue to grow from strenght to strenght. Please can you help me with their price breakdown?I will send you a pm now because I know we are not allowed to share contact details here.thank you so much
Ezemistic:
I used University Medical Center, it took 2-wks to get the birth certificate and 4-days to get the USA Passport. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.