Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384144 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 6:12am On Feb 08, 2015
baauh:
Sorry for coming back on this forum.

My father in law agrees on giving me affidavit that he used some insurance to pay the delivery charges. He is not willing to tell insurance name. Looks like some public insurance. he will write also that I have nothing to do with this whole procedure and he should be liable for

I have been reading your post on previous pages and in fairness to you, you have always said that your father inlaw said insurance paid your wifes bills. I would advice you to find out from your father inlaw and your wifei if it was medical aid otherwise known as Obama care that paid your wifes bill or your father inlaw took out an insurance policy that covers your wifes medical bills. If your wifes bill was settled by medical aid nothing can help you except you settle the bill,even if your father inlaw takes an affidavit in front of Obama it will not help your case. On the other hand,if it was a real insurance company that paid the bills,find out if this is acceptable i.e if it is legal to do this, if iit is,then let them get a letter of zero balance and take it up from there.
This is just my personal opinion,i stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by donakinzo: 6:57am On Feb 08, 2015
@ Shawbabe & Omodaraju Thanks for sharing your experience.

On doing some research legally anyone can have his child in the US (see attached), but as long as you can prove that you will not rely on public funds (Insurance etc.). So it is a combination of a lot of factors like , a good job or business, ties to home country, solvency and history (some peoples names when put into the system raise flags) but to mention a few.

Shawbabe:

u are fine! I had only $40 on me cash at POE....rest of the money was on debit and credit cards

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 7:59am On Feb 08, 2015
Must I go with marriage certificate i did native law?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 8:18am On Feb 08, 2015
Update on whmc,I called them yesterday and I was told there normal vaginal delivery is nw $3000 and epidural $1200 hmmm couple wt dollar rate,I think I need to think twice ooo sad

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 8:23am On Feb 08, 2015
Hi @Tvegas, I know you would hv been bombarded with a lot of PMs, but can I send mine so that you give me the name of the pediatrician.? I am using Oak Bend and Dr. Z
Tvegas:
You are welcome its good to know that people can benefit from this little effort. I have included the detail of the cheapest pediatrician so far for your baby's postpartum visit. cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:58am On Feb 08, 2015
Newmum0615:
Hi @Tvegas, I know you would hv been bombarded with a lot of PMs, but can I send mine so that you give me the name of the pediatrician.? I am using Oak Bend and Dr. Z
You can pm, it's no big deal. But I just Googled her name and all her details came up including their phone number. Check my post I have included her name in it. Don't wanna list her number so I won't break the rules. Cheers. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2015
Hey Fam, all praise and thanks be to God the most merciful one; I am now a mummy to the cutest lil girl ever! It's not an easy road but it's worth it. My apologies to folks who PM me and didn't get a response, I've literally had my hands full. Many thanks to all the lovely Nairaland mamas in Phoenix, y'all Rock, I have found in you guys a reference point and most of all a family.
I had a great experience at the hospital, angelic and fantastic Nurses, top quality medical attention to say the least.... Thank a God for the Maternity Package sha. For now make I return to my mummy duties will give a detailed account of my experience some other time. God bless us all!

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2015
drafrican:

Madam if na visa u won apply for then u need go with marriage certificate to show that u re LEGALLY married. They don't care if u don't change ur name bt I think u really need dat cert. All these olori ebis ( family heads) sud come up with certificates that wud be stamped in courts. My advice to those who did native/ traditional wedding is dat they sud endeavour to also go for courts weddings too, u don't need many people to achieve that and it is seriously for ur good.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:42am On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=Tvegas post=30522373] You are welcome its good to know that people can benefit from this little effort .

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=MadameU post=30534987]Hey Fam, all praise and thanks be to God the most merciful one; I am now a mummy to the cutest lil girl ever! It's not an easy road but it's worth it.

Congratulations sis and congratulations to all the new mamas and papas in d house.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lala4sure: 10:49am On Feb 08, 2015
MadameU:
Hey Fam, all praise and thanks be to God the most merciful one; I am now a mummy to the cutest lil girl ever! It's not an easy road but it's worth it. My apologies to folks who PM me and didn't get a response, I've literally had my hands full. Many thanks to all the lovely Nairaland mamas in Phoenix

Congrats dear and God bless your little princess.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nicestlady: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2015
slimwendy85:
I am Musa Ik, working as a... for..... located at... my annual gross income is... I would like to sponsor my wife nk Musa, to visit the USA for 2 months, starting from june 2015m
The purpose of her visit is delivery of our baby, as well astourism within the USA. During her visit, she will stay at... and I will bear all her expenses including the round trip air fare, food, housing, travel within the USA, medical and all other personal expenses she may incur. she is currently registered with..... medical center located at...
Enclosed here with are copies of my employment letter, bank statements, payslips, and marriage certificate
Please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone or email if you have any questions.

thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 11:27am On Feb 08, 2015
Thanks
Tvegas:

You can pm, it's no big deal. But I just Googled her name and all her details came up including their phone number. Check my post I have included her name in it. Don't wanna list her number so I won't break the rules. Cheers. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 11:48am On Feb 08, 2015
Huge congrats sis.

MadameU:
Hey Fam, all praise and thanks be to God the most merciful one; I am now a mummy to the cutest lil girl ever! It's not an easy road but it's worth it. My apologies to folks who PM me and didn't get a response, I've literally had my hands full. Many thanks to all the lovely Nairaland mamas in Phoenix, y'all Rock, I have found in you guys a reference point and most of all a family.
I had a great experience at the hospital, angelic and fantastic Nurses, top quality medical attention to say the least.... Thank a God for the Maternity Package sha. For now make I return to my mummy duties will give a detailed account of my experience some other time. God bless us all!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=slimwendy85 post=30523766]

This is really good, more comprehensive than mine

Thanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slimwendy85: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
You are welcome. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
MadameU:
Hey Fam, all praise and thanks be to God the most merciful one; I am now a mummy to the cutest lil girl ever! It's not an easy road but it's worth it.
Congrat ma, thank God everything went well.

anonymousmum:
Baba Tvegas of life! Sharing information since 1908 grin grin grin
The latest mom in houston, hope you no dey use style yab me? Just read about the additional charges here, thank God its not more than that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
@bj2012golf

How are you, I sent you a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
drafrican:
Technically, and sorry to say but Una never marry. Get ur "hubby" to do something LEGAL & RECOGNISED by government bodies to certify una union. Like someone already said, go to court and sign papers and have that certificate. It's also for ur own good as a woman. And also for when the child comes and documentation starts.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
Tvegas:
@bj2012golf

How are you, I sent you a pm.

Replied pls check ur mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ihaveadream: 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
My sister you know the obvious, this is not going to be easy but nothing is impossible. Even if you pay in that money into your account in bits using a newly registered business ,dont forget that the business may be considered too young to fund your trip. However, If your clothe business is matured you can use the account. Except you want people to tell you lies all I have said can't be far from the truth.

God bless you Tvegas, as it stands I guess this dream will remain a dream for now...it is well. Thanks again!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 09, 2015
Happy new week friends!
I want to thank you all for your kind responses to my last post. Finally we went to the embassy for the appointed and like you all suggested,we were called because i had a baby in the US during my last visit and according to the VO its waz recorded on their sysytem during my 1st visa appointment that we said we were not going to use medicals but we kindly told him that our response was not specific because we told the then VO that we were indifference about it. We spent about 20mins discussing with the VO,he asked me questions regarding how long i spent in the US,what i was doing there for about 3months, that we came for the visa interview in jan 2013 and i gave birth in aug 2013 he practically counted the months for me,why i had a change of mind to give birth in the US,asked about my bills which luckly for me i had a zero bill balance infact the questions where much. Frankly speaking i wish i can give a detailed account of our whole discussions but it was really a long one infact at a point he took my bills to his other next collegue and was still asking me questions from there.
To God be the glory after much questions,he approved our renewal visas but this time i didnt fail to specifically tell him that i intend to use medicals during the course of this 2yrs visa.

Pls secondly,i intend to travel back to the US (dallas) to have my 2nd baby but i would like to travel with my first child who is citizen,pls has any one done this before? And did you encounter any problem or challenge with the immigration at the point of entry because of your citizen baby? I would really appreciate your kind responses.

Thanks house and have a blessed week everyone.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bimboakin(f): 5:53am On Feb 09, 2015
Hello everyone.
Thanks alot for all the information being posted on this site. Its being really educative. Weldone guys and God's blessings.
I am due in August and would like to have my baby in Dallas Fort Worth Texas cos, i ve friends there i can stay with. Does anyone know of a cheap hospital there or have used one they can recommend, the doctor, bills and anyother information that can be of help please.
Looking forward to some replys please.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Atanaj: 7:06am On Feb 09, 2015
Hi, i have been reading the chats and i appreciate all i have learned, pls can anyone advise me with my case, i got my B1/B2 visa before i got married though i was engaged at the time. It was intended for a vacation, but i never got to go, but two months down the line i got married and now i am pregnant and my husband and i have decided to have out baby in the US. So i got a new passport in my new last name, as the one i have my visa in, which is in my maiden name would expire in July 2015. And as you know some airlines would not let one fly if your passport is not valid for 6 months after date of arrival. So my question is can i travel with both passports with my proof of marriage (marriage cert and affidavit)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:00am On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 8:39am On Feb 09, 2015
kanuvivian:
Happy new week friends!
Pls secondly,i intend to travel back to the US (dallas) to have my 2nd baby but i would like to travel with my first child who is citizen,pls has any one done this before? And did you encounter any problem or challenge with the immigration at the point of entry because of your citizen baby? I would really appreciate your kind responses.
Thanks house and have a blessed week everyone.

You are good to go,i dont think you would have any problem whatsoever. Just be prepared with your burden of proof for POE and dont forget to go with your reciepts and letter of zero balance for 1st child. All the best.!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 8:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Atanaj:
Hi, i have been reading the chats and i appreciate all i have learned, pls can anyone advise me with my case, i got my B1/B2 visa before i got married though i was engaged at the time. It was intended for a vacation, but i never got to go, but two months down the line i got married and now i am pregnant and my husband and i have decided to have out baby in the US. So i got a new passport in my new last name, as the one i have my visa in, which is in my maiden name would expire in July 2015. And as you know some airlines would not let one fly if your passport is not valid for 6 months after date of arrival. So my question is can i travel with both passports with my proof of marriage (marriage cert and affidavit)
Would also advice you to take along the newspaper publication of change of name if you have it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 09, 2015
bimboakin:
Hello everyone.
Thanks alot for all the information being posted on this site. Its being really educative. Weldone guys and God's blessings.
I am due in August and would like to have my baby in Dallas Fort Worth Texas cos, i ve friends there i can stay with. Does anyone know of a cheap hospital there or have used one they can recommend, the doctor, bills and anyother information that can be of help please.
Thanks

Hi dear, i had my 1st baby in dallas fort worth still plannin to use them again this june, i used jps health in fort wort,i called their accounts person last week cos she gave me her personnal no and she said the rules have changed,the have an obgy self pay package which i used the last time of 2500 for VD and 3500 for CS,doctors is 1500 for VD and 2000 for CS exclusive of lab,epidural etc. But she said that though the package still remains the same prize but its now now for tarrant county residents only and suggested i try parkland hospital. So i think you shld discuss wit the people you are stayin with to see if the are tarrant county residents and then go to the hosiptal and talk to them since you have your cash. When are travelling to dallas pls and which airline do you intend to use?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 8:55am On Feb 09, 2015
bimboakin:
Hello everyone.
Thanks
You can check JPS hospital ,they are in fort worth,they were about the cheapest i got around Dallas area during my search. You can also google Dr Denis Abbas,he is affiliated to Doctors Hospital white rock lake
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Goldenheart88(f): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2015
Hello good people! Thank you for all the information you have been sharing on this thread I must say it is priceless and really selfless of you all may God bless you all.

I have been able to share my knowledge from this thread with my sister in law and I have a question I hope anyone here with an experience or knowledge can help me answer.

My sister in law is also expecting and due to give birth to her baby in august. She has a child who she gave birth to in the usa last year and incurred an outrageous bill of 43,000 due to complications which she paid half and owes half now paying with a payment plan.

Now her question is... With evidence of what she has paid and her on going payment plan, will she encounter any problems at the point of entry? She intends to go with a lot of cash and all necessary documents for the new baby but she will also be travelling with her 1st baby. Will this pose a problem for her? What will you advice that she can do to guarantee her entry into the United state. Please your kind contribution and advice is needed. May God bless us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Triax: 10:09am On Feb 09, 2015
Flowers:
Am finally back home with my baby after 7 weeks. I met many nairalanders and they were helpful. Dr. Fagbohun was really nice, didn't like one of his doctors that took the delivery. For those considering him, he's very experienced, friendly and kind but very busy and therefore your appointment with him will be so brief. He doesn't take all the child delivery as he has other doctors assisting him. The services in Oakbend was fantastic, nice nurses who were very responsive. I got lots of freebies for baby like milk, diaper, wipes, pacifier, blanket, toiletries to mention a few. Favor on all sides. Thanks to all that helped to make this journey a success. In conclusion it was a beautiful experience.

Congrats Flowers and welcome back home.Hope you and your baby are doing great. Can you please PM me the details of the pediatrician you used as my wife will be birthing in Oakbend in May? Thanks!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2015
mamaomas:
Oh really?@PetMe13..that's good to know!
I'm considering flying turkish airlines too.. how long was d stop over at Istanbul? Where was your POE? and@ how many weeks did u travel? Sorry for d plenty questions abeg, thanks wink

Had a 3 hrs stop over. Houston was my poe and I had a horrible experience. Travelled at 30+4 weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.