Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380750 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 1:13am On Feb 16, 2015
shagaman:
Elpaso is like boarder town between America and mexico,the hospital one would use here is called Delso medical center,Docsperati are like middle men that facilitates Doctor meets patient relationship,everything about them is kinda pretty straightforward, if you are using one of the doctors called Dr Martell be sure you would most likely deliver before 40 weeks the guy sabi force labour with some of his checks ,Then here bc takes time if you are lucky one week ,most times it comes after 2 weeks,thus be prepared cos trust some mums dem wan run go back naija sharp sharp..
If one wants privacy and dont want to depend on relatives thrn elpaso isnt a bad choice but the place far even people living here once you tell them you are in elpaso some ask wetin you find go there. ..but guess this is America the health care system has a standard..

Very true. By road from Houston na 11hrs drive meanwhile na still part of Texas.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by macorondo: 1:32am On Feb 16, 2015
I have just found this forum a couple of days back and read discussion up till page 110, interesting I must confess. But I would love response to my ff questions:

1) I applied for visa B1 B2 in October ''14 with my husband and daughter and was successful. It's a tourist visa and we were meant to visit my sister for her wedding anniversary in November, I did not state i was going to give birth since i was not pregnant and had no such plan then. But unfortunately we were not able to travel cos my husband had biz to do at that time.
2) Now we are planning on travelling in March 2015(a couple of weeks time from now), and I am also pregnant abt 16weeks now and not too visible. I and my husband has agreed I stay back in the USA and put to bed there and we are ready to pay the hospital bills as i already contacted the hospital at El paso TX and cost breakdown sent to me via email.
3) My plan is to wear a cloth not revealing and since I would be going with my husband we might not have difficulty at POE has we would state we are here for tourism and visiting my sister. My fear is if I am asked at point of entry if I am pregnant and I deny it since its not obvious, what would happen
4) My husband's plan if asked if I am pregnant would be "yes but just 16weeks and no plan to give birth there" (Lied though).

MY PEOPLE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT BEST OPTION WE HAVE GOT TO PASS THRU THE POE OR ANY OTHER THING I AM SUPPOSE TO DO HERE IN NAIJA BEFORE EMBARKING ON THIS JORNEY. GOD BLESS YOU IN ANTICIPATION
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by blessedbeu1: 3:22am On Feb 16, 2015
@Shimk, I am presently in d US, b1/b2 visa n it's my first time In d US though av bn to other countries. All u need do is be truthful, av all ur facts and cash.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyspice: 3:23am On Feb 16, 2015
MY dear OP, if you did indeed read this thread thoroughly, you would have come across similar stories and what the advice was, DO NOT LIE!! be upfront and tell the truth!! Stop looking for ways to hide information. employ the advice given in the thread and not ask the good folks on this thread to help you package a lie!!!
macorondo:
I have just found this forum a couple of days back and read discussion up till page 110, interesting I must confess. But I would love response to my ff questions:

1) I applied for visa B1 B2 in October ''14 with my husband and daughter and was successful. It's a tourist visa and we were meant to visit my sister for her wedding anniversary in November, I did not state i was going to give birth since i was not pregnant and had no such plan then. But unfortunately we were not able to travel cos my husband had biz to do at that time.
2) Now we are planning on travelling in March 2015(a couple of weeks time from now), and I am also pregnant abt 16weeks now and not too visible. I and my husband has agreed I stay back in the USA and put to bed there and we are ready to pay the hospital bills as i already contacted the hospital at El paso TX and cost breakdown sent to me via email.
3) My plan is to wear a cloth not revealing and since I would be going with my husband we might not have difficulty at POE has we would state we are here for tourism and visiting my sister. My fear is if I am asked at point of entry if I am pregnant and I deny it since its not obvious, what would happen
4) My husband's plan if asked if I am pregnant would be "yes but just 16weeks and no plan to give birth there" (Lied though).

MY PEOPLE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT BEST OPTION WE HAVE GOT TO PASS THRU THE POE OR ANY OTHER THING I AM SUPPOSE TO DO HERE IN NAIJA BEFORE EMBARKING ON THIS JORNEY. GOD BLESS YOU IN ANTICIPATION

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by blessedbeu1: 7:27am On Feb 16, 2015
Goodmorning all. Pls has anyone packed Kilishi on the trip? If yes how Pls and hope it wasn't thrown away at Port of entry? My hubby wants to bring for me , am already in d US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 7:33am On Feb 16, 2015
Gave birth to my princess yesterday. God is indeed faithful, He over answered all my prayers with plenty jara.

30 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 7:41am On Feb 16, 2015
supamom:
Gave birth to my princess yesterday. God is indeed faithful, He over answered all my prayers with plenty jara.
Congratulations. We thank God for safe delivery...it is well.

@Macorondo : Do not try to lie to US immigration officers ever because the repercussions are definitely not worth it. Tell the truth and let the chips fall were they may. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:42am On Feb 16, 2015
macorondo:

Bad idea, it will all end in tears, you are giving immigration officers at POE more reasons to treat Nigerian pregnant women with no respect.

Use the visa for the holiday first, come back to Nigeria then go back later for your baby delivery.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sunshine21: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2015
supamom:
Gave

Congratulations supamom. God bless u both.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lalavita: 8:28am On Feb 16, 2015
Congrats! God is great!

supamom:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2015
Congrats to all the new mums in the house !

Please does anyone have the email address for intown suites, houston (preferably highway 6) ? Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 9:52am On Feb 16, 2015
macorondo:

Op m thinking if u are 16 weeks 4 months abi with 6 months to go? N u stamped in for 6 months won't u over stay? U should consider that 2 .

Also just be prepared incase u asked if u preggy n avoid lying.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2015
blessedbeu1:
Goodmorning all. Pls has anyone packed Kilishi on the trip? If yes how Pls and hope it wasn't thrown away at Port of entry? My hubby wants to bring for me , am already in d US.

any type of meat is not allowed why not avoid it. He could actually get fined. they sell Kilishi in some African stores.or u could ask him to get u suya spices so u make something like dat if it's craving u ve. let's at least try n obey d rules of our host.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 9:58am On Feb 16, 2015
For those of u in Cold places sorry ohhhhh. HOUSTON is super hot I actually slept with a fan. Thing is I packed for cold weather.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 10:17am On Feb 16, 2015
Newmum0615:
LMAO @ babe I go do wetin you do.

hello everyone,
i seriously dont get this. Does a POE officer have the right to check through one's things? I've been to other countries by Grace and a POE officer only requests for anything he needs from you. On no occasion has my phone or bag been checked for information. Anyone with key information, please let's know. Maye it's the confidence you show them that matters on this issue or what? @Justwise, any idea?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 10:28am On Feb 16, 2015
1) 16 weeks is too early for you to go and stay till delivery considering u be stamped in for a max period of 6months
2) even if you succeed in covering up ur pregnancy now, on your next trip or when you decided to renew ur visa, the truth will come out. It happened to my my friend, she concealed her pregnancy the first time she went, on her second trip, the immagration officer asked her why she lied on her first trip and why she dint declare at the embassy she was pregnant during her interview, she was detained @ Huston for 8 hrs
With the baby she had on her first trip.
3) another friend of mine did exactly wat you intend to do and ended up spending 7 and a half months, she was stamped in for 6months, her baby dint come in time,
In all it pays to be honest with your intentions.
To the lady that was returned from Chicago,thanks for sharing your story, sorry about ur ordeal, every disappointment is a blessing, the lord Is your strength.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2015
supamom:

Congratulations! God be praised

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by macorondo: 10:53am On Feb 16, 2015
Airpure:

Op m thinking if u are 16 weeks 4 months abi with 6 months to go? N u stamped in for 6 months won't u over stay? U should consider that 2 .

Also just be prepared incase u asked if u preggy n avoid lying.

@Airpure thanks for your respose., truly appreciate. But my fear since I didn't state during my interview at the embassy that I was coming to give birth in the USA (though was not pregnant as at that time I applied), is it right to say at POE that I am here for that purpose if asked? Though I have the feeling I won't be asked since my prey is not visible yet, but if asked should i say yes? Is it also wise i take along email correspondence with the hospitals and i will be carrying abt $5k cash....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2015
SisterCaro:
Why spend $20,000 on just giving birth, when that can be saved up and secured for your child's future. University perhaps?

looking for caro oo, sister carooo.

It is just cos we can afford it o and ve enough to train them to masters level.

let us bother about that. How many people do u think save money for their children's university education in Nigeria. And how much is 20k dolls. with one KIA car that wont last for more than 4 yrs, 20k is gone KIA o not BMW or Benz. our prayer is that God will continue to provide for us to cater for these previous gifts that HE has given us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lalavita: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2015
@macorondo what you are trying to do is the "old school" way lol
We have moved on from that since this thread on Nairaland.

On a more serious note. Lying is never a great idea.
Following your questions...here is my own view. At the end of the day, you and your hubby will make the right choice for your family.

1) Since you were not pregnant when you applied, you are in the clear on that front. At least you did not lie or conceal your pregnancy at the embassy.

2) It is ok for you to decide to have your baby in the States. If you had gone on the original trip you used to apply for the visa or if you can go for a vacation and come back before the main baby trip, there would be no question mark...now that you didnt go for that, my suggestion would be that you should inform the embassy

- You can email them and say that you were not pregnant at the time of app
- You are now pregnant and want to give birth in the states
- The worst thing that could come out of that is that they invite you back to the embassy as recently happened to a mama on this thread. In that case, you go with all your documents aka burden of proof. Hopefully they give you the all clear and you can boldly go to any POE
- The other alternative is...they send you the generic reply and you print and take along with you when you travel

POE
Biko do not lie at the POE if you are asked if you are preggers. It is better to have your documentation and be honest.

Is the reason you are travelling so early because you do not want your bump to show? or you have other reasons?

I am asking because even if you get stamped 6 months, because you arrived so early...you do not want to end up overstaying if your baby comes late or baby documentation is not ready on time etc...

All the best.

macorondo:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by macorondo: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=fehinebony post=30777266]

1) 16 weeks is too early for you to go and stay till delivery considering u be stamped in for a max period of 6months
2) even if you succeed in covering up ur pregnancy now, on your next trip or when you decided to renew ur visa, the truth will come out. It happened to my my friend, she concealed her pregnancy the first time she went, on her second trip, the immagration officer asked her why she lied on her first trip and why she dint declare at the embassy she was pregnant during her interview, she was detained @ Huston for 8 hrs
With the baby she had on her first trip.
3) another friend of mine did exactly wat you intend to do and ended up spending 7 and a half months, she was stamped in for 6months, her baby dint come in time,
In all it pays to be honest with your intentions.

@fehinebony Thanks for your honest response ma'am, truly appreciate. From my calculation and when I will be leaving in march, I would be having extra 3weeks after delivery by God's grace. But my fear is since I did not mention at interview at embassy I was coming to give birth (though was not pregnant at that time), would they allow me in at point of entry if I come true if asked if I am pregnant? But I have a feeling I won't be asked cos is not visible yet, but if I am asked what do I say? Should I also carry along email corresponds with the hospital I have bn in contact with? Also my husband would be carrying cash abt $5k. Pls do advise cos I need it seriously
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 11:25am On Feb 16, 2015
tbaby2015:

hello everyone,
i seriously dont get this. Does a POE officer have the right to check through one's things? I've been to other countries by Grace and a POE officer only requests for anything he needs from you. On no occasion has my phone or bag been checked for information. Anyone with key information, please let's know. Maye it's the confidence you show them that matters on this issue or what? @Justwise, any idea?
i

I know for a fact that the cbp people are backed by law to do this,they can search your laptop,tablets,phones etc and can even take them outside the airport to another location for further search and can keep such a device for up to 30 daysi. And the law says you dont even need to be a suspect for them to do this.. Custom officers in other countries also search peoples eletronic devices also,its nor pecuiliar to America
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 11:33am On Feb 16, 2015
@ macorondo
The best advice is what lalavita gave you above, i wont add or remove anything.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2015
My post had nothing to do with yours.

kizluv:

If na me you dai quote, my emphasis is on the bold lines, I could have used any hospital to Crack the joke. I mean don't sync your email with your phone so no Implecating messages comes in, I am not telling anyone to use Dr. F 's letter and port o...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2015
supamom:

Congrats supemom. God bless her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 11:49am On Feb 16, 2015
Morning house,

In other news, just did PTA at Access Bank today for N203 to a dollar. But you (the traveller) need to have an account with them.

Diamond bank is also selling today at N203.5 to a dollar. If you don't have an account,you can use ur spouse account bt the spouse has to issue a cheque and an authorisation letter,authorising his account to be debited with the naira equivalent.

Maximum PTA is $4k per quarter.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Triax: 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
@ochioraumu
My heart really goes out to you. I can't even begin to imagine how upset you are about the whole situation. I believe your issues were all as a result of your uncle. Sometimes, Nigerians in the US can be quite petty and over the littlest things. I know of a lady who called immigration to report her friend's husband. His visa had expired and as a result he got deported back to Nigeria. Simply because she had a little misunderstanding with her friend. Now the family is torn apart and going through trauma.

Just to encourage you though, if there is one thing i have learnt, with prayer and persistence you will prevail. A colleague of mine wanted to pull a fast one many years back when her brother won the visa lottery. Her brother claimed she was his wife and they presented fake wedding photos and certificates at the embassy. They got caught and she got banned. After years of repeated denials, she eventually was granted a one month visa and then subsequently 2 yrs multiple. Now she travels to the US like it's her second home.

I believe your case shouldn't even be that difficult since you were quite honest during your visa interview. Chicago POE is quite notorious and we have had quite a few people share their nasty experiences here. My advise to you; relax, take care of yourself and have your baby before taking next steps. It will be well

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Idileke1: 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hi Everyone one,
Please i will like to know if i should try this once again if i wont be refused. 2 years again i applied for a US visa that i was going for a cousin's weding, but i was denied a visa cos the lady that interviewed me ask if i was pregnant which was so glaring that i was pregnant but i lied that i was not ,3months later i delivered my baby here in Nigeria, i almost die after the delivery cos the baby"s palcenta was not all evacuated from my womb. Applied with my husband and son last year may for our church conference but we were denied because i lied the last time i was pregnant.
This year now am pregnant and i want to apply again myself alone without my husband an son ,but this time around and ready to say the truth and also pay all the hospital bills before going to the embassy. but i will like to know if it's safe to make all payments for hospital bills and hotels bills before showing my face at the embassy. as am 16weeks now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by macorondo: 12:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
lalavita:
@macorondo what you are trying to do is the "old school" way lol
We have moved on from that since this thread on Nairaland.

On a more serious note. Lying is never a great idea.
Following your questions...here is my own view. At the end of the day, you and your hubby will make the right choice for your family.

1) Since you were not pregnant when you applied, you are in the clear on that front. At least you did not lie or conceal your pregnancy at the embassy.

2) It is ok for you to decide to have your baby in the States. If you had gone on the original trip you used to apply for the visa or if you can go for a vacation and come back before the main baby trip, there would be no question mark...now that you didnt go for that, my suggestion would be that you should inform the embassy

- You can email them and say that you were not pregnant at the time of app
- You are now pregnant and want to give birth in the states
- The worst thing that could come out of that is that they invite you back to the embassy as recently happened to a mama on this thread. In that case, you go with all your documents aka burden of proof. Hopefully they give you the all clear and you can boldly go to any POE
- The other alternative is...they send you the generic reply and you print and take along with you when you travel

POE
Biko do not lie at the POE if you are asked if you are preggers. It is better to have your documentation and be honest.

Is the reason you are travelling so early because you do not want your bump to show? or you have other reasons?

I am asking because even if you get stamped 6 months, because you arrived so early...you do not want to end up overstaying if your baby comes late or baby documentation is not ready on time etc...

All the best.

@lalavita Thank you for the advise truly appreciate this ma'am. Yea that's the reason I am travelling early as my preggie will not noticeable at that stage. Would Informing the embassy be ideal as we have not travelled to the USA before, this would be our first time, won't our visa be cancelled? But if I go in unnoticed would that be a problem?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Why do we Nigerians like complicating things for ourselves and other genuine ones? Why do we derive pleasure in lies? Can't we try and be honest in our dealings and hope for the best? Truth is the sure way please.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
tbaby2015:

hello everyone,

Babe dey hv every right 2 search thru ur tins b4 u enter deir country. I xperienced dat @ heathrow. Den in phoenix. Dey did it 2 every1 on d queue & no one said anytin. Though b4 dey start dey will xplain 2 u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
macorondo:

@lalavita Thank you for the advise truly appreciate this ma'am. Yea that's the reason I am travelling early as my preggie will not noticeable at that stage. Would Informing the embassy be ideal as we have not travelled to the USA before, this would be our first time, won't our visa be cancelled? But if I go in unnoticed would that be a problem?

I dont think your visa will be cancelled,it dosnt matter that you have not travelled before,the important thing here is be truthful about it and your being able to convince them that you were not pregnant when you applied for the visa . Write to them and explain yourself,worse case scenerio is they invite you for a chat and you go with your burden of proof

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.