Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380895 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 6:50am On Feb 17, 2015
mamanjai:
Oh oh! Alright, he is 2. Thank you much. I read in one of your post that you had to change your appointment date with the financials at MIHS. Was a simple process of jst calling them and changing the date. Was there too much explanations?

No stress @ all. Just call dem & say u want 2 change ur date & dats all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2015
lalavita:
na wa for these people.
Do you know why they sent her back?

I don't know why she was sent back mainly but she didn't have a return ticket and some other reasons coupled too because the immigration officers attended to only her for about 2 hours while others were on the queue,obviously they had her time well well, at some point they started making phone calls and told her to wait aside, i've never experienced such at Heathrow so I started prayers b4 they will say no pregnant woman will enter. But I really don't know why some people won't buy return ticket when you aren't going to study
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 17, 2015
Phema:

Hah! I tire for some people jare. grin
well let her hear advice and also follow her previous decision and weigh both options. Because I don't know what i'll be doing in another man's country for 8 months. With the weather and yeye food shocked

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 7:36am On Feb 17, 2015
chloe7:
I don't know why she was sent back mainly but she didn't have a return ticket and some other reasons coupled too because the immigration officers attended to only her for about 2 hours while others were on the queue,obviously they had her time well well, at some point they started making phone calls and told her to wait aside, i've never experienced such at Heathrow so I started prayers b4 they will say no pregnant woman will enter. But I really don't know why some people won't buy return ticket when you aren't going to study

Apparently, she didn't plan to return . It may not be true but that's what her actions indicated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 8:20am On Feb 17, 2015
Chikacokpala:
Hello mamas in d house. Pls am still asking of a cheap hospital to use in Minneapolis, Indianapolis and Dallas. I have people to accommodate me in these areas. Kindly help if u have a good information.

Dallas: you can try las colinas medical center, Irving, just close to dallas! grin Thank me later...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2015
Too harsh a response. Her comments weren't insulting.
Lorlahbee:

Nonsense talk, that wasn't meant for you so pls zip it and mind ur business. No one is forced to wrap kilishi and not declare it.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2015
Chai, these naija babes o. Isi ewu & gala kwa? Una no dey dull at all.....
belfy:

Lol@kilishi they will so fling the thing into the bin you will cry.they thrashed my gala and asked me nicely if I had suya
I take suya,isi ewu and gala to the Uk.but it's a no no for America
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2015
chloe7:
well let her hear advice and also follow her previous decision and weigh both options.Because I don't know what i'll be doing in another man's country for 8 months. With the weather and yeye food shocked

The 7weeks I stayed in the US seemed like 7years. I just couldn't wait to come home.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 10:06am On Feb 17, 2015
Awwww u so right yesterday was really coldddddddd.
belfy:

Welcome to Houston, you cold clothes will come handy as the weather changes like naija dollar rate.dont be tempted to leave home without your jacket,cos the weda can change anytime.

Today is actually very cold and tomorrow forecast will be below 30.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 10:25am On Feb 17, 2015
justwise:

1000..likes

Morning. I get it now. I think the major thing is to be confident and calm. dont give any reason for a POE officer to doubt you, get your facts together and pray well. I've not had issues in some other countries, i guess because of God's grace and the fact that I have nothing to hide or lie for. I pray for God's favour for everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bambini: 10:42am On Feb 17, 2015
Hello house i must say i v learnt alot, i stayed awake last night just to read dis interesting trend. I couldnt help but join dis mrn, big congrates to d latest mamas hope to be lik u soon.
Pls i need a direct email n contact for mihs cos i want to settle wit dem i like Phemas espirience , i also want a hotel or apartment walkable distance to d hosp. Am a july mama so i need to boost my plans cos am yet to apply for visa.
God bless smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 10:48am On Feb 17, 2015
Lol, yes its d same oh!!!

ahahahah u can say that again...Thank u.

u are blessed too..

dserious:

Errmmmm, just noticed.....is this the same skelemba dat opened this thread cool nna(abi na nne), you are blessed grin
Ar u on a second missionary journey? wink

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bambini: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2015
pattyreal:

No stress @ all. Just call dem & say u want 2 change ur date & dats all.

My dear pls can i v der contact? where do u plan on staying or if u are bak where did u stay? wats d best naija time to call dem?[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
tbaby2015:

Morning. I get it now. I think the major thing is to be confident and calm. dont give any reason for a POE officer to doubt you, get your facts together and pray well. I've not had issues in some other countries, i guess because of God's grace and the fact that I have nothing to hide or lie for. I pray for God's favour for everyone.

Just as simple as that!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hi guys.please for those that used Oakbend and Dr FF. Did he accept your test results from Nigeria and can you give me an estimate on the total you spent on Lab Test I am trying to compare them and Methodist to enable me decide please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
Airpure:
Hi guys.please for those that used Oakbend and Dr FF. Did he accept your test results from Nigeria and can you give me an estimate on the total you spent on Lab Test I am trying to compare them and Methodist to enable me decide please.

madam

check tvegas' post and princeadeade.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nogen:

Apparently, she didn't plan to return . It may not be true but that's what her actions indicated.
I don't think she planned to because price for one way and return is usually close, those officers weren't smiling at all that day, I just started praying ni me too I was asked for my return ticket and how long I will stay and I was stamped in.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Phema:

The 7weeks I stayed in the US seemed like 7years. I just couldn't wait to come home.
i'm telling you, count down will begin from where you enter sef, because I don't gel with anything abroad asides shopping grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
bambini:
Hello house i must say i v learnt alot, i stayed awake last night just to read dis interesting trend. I couldnt help but join dis mrn, big congrates to d latest mamas hope to be lik u soon.
Pls i need a direct email n contact for mihs cos i want to settle wit dem i like Phemas espirience , i also want a hotel or apartment walkable distance to d hosp. Am a july mama so i need to boost my plans cos am yet to apply for visa.
God bless smiley

Google www.mihs.org. Aftr wich u can call dem on +1 (602) 344-5011. Tell dem u want 2 book an appointment. Pls bear in mind dat u'll not get any letter of responsibility frm any doctor dere oO. Check ma post or phema's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
bambini:

My dear pls can i v der contact? where do u plan on staying or if u are bak where did u stay? wats d best naija time to call dem?[color=#770077][/color]

I'm currently in phoenix stayin @ Legacy suites. Wen I was in naija I call frm 5pm naija time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
mabels:

madam

yea seen already.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whites15: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hi BSharon,
I had sent you a pm a few days ago wanting to know more about the hospital you're using in Houston and more importantly regarding the Soul Care place. It would be great to hear from you when you have the time.
Tx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lala4sure: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
bambini:
God bless smiley

Welcome on board grin I'm a july mum planning to travel in may and also considering mihs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
mabels:

madam

@Mabels,
Dr Fagbohun from what i know rarely or better still does not take previous test so please budge $565 for test and an additional $150 for ultrasound.
That is the estimate for his [b]standard [/b]test
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akindolz(f): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
@phema pls was d 7wks 4child delivery n stuff? how were u able to do 7wks? I mean Au far were u gone in pregnancy n how old was Ur baby wen u returned? I m seriously calculating the departure n return dates pls

Phema:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Omotweezy: 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ginnny:
Pls rectify the bills with the finance department of the hospital. The maternity package fee you paid covers it. Be very sure of what you pay and hold all receipts.[
quote author=Alemo50 post=30400171]Hi. A word of caution for those who plan to use Delaware County Memorial Hospital (DCMH): Expect more bills after paying the full maternity package. My wife delivered there after we had paid the so called self-pay maternity package of $7500 (6000 for delivery, 1500 fro antenatal care). After delivery we received a bill of around $3000 or so for anaesthesia. Then another bill for paediatrician. Today again, another one called physician bill. I don't know when the bills will stop coming: am I to expect nursing bill? JOHESU bill? Etc. I seriously regret using them now. Just for those who do not know. The funniest thing was that their financial person told me that after I had paid the full maternity package, all I needed to pay more is anaesthesia fee, which would just be a couple of a hundred dollars, but she was wrong. At any rate, it was her word against mine
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
PrinceAdeAde:

@Mabels,
Dr Fagbohun from what i know rarely or better still does not take previous test so please budge $565 for test and an additional $150 for ultrasound.
That is the estimate for his [b]standard [/b]test

thanks princeadeade.

airpure wanted the info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
Na wah o
But path care Nigeria has ISO accreditation
Why would any dr refuse it
Went to price TORCHES screen today na 87000
It shud be accepted its d only lab in naija with
The international accreditation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
You can do TORCHES screening for much less at Mecure Lab
drafrican:
Na wah o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Just limit the tests you pay for in Nigeria cos you'll end up redoing most of them. I'm in Florida and my doctor accepted only my glucose test and HIV tests, he insisted on doing everything else and just helped me get a higher discount from the lab.

drafrican:
Na wah o

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.