Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381560 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
thank u ma...God bless u too and hope much more will benefit from the thread as well!!!

Fruitilicious:
Thanks FinanceFitness and Skelemba...
Skelemba! God bless you for starting this thread...
You have helped so many people via this thread...
Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Atanaj: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Please can one travel with dry fish to the US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DeeandGLady: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
nefertitiram:

I bought my tkt directly from KLM, LOS to Chicago, 182,200, even cheaper than what is on wakanow. April, May, June prices still under N200k
All I did was book, make transfer to KLM's zenith bank account and got my email ticket in 1hour!

Yeahh was gonna tell you to check KLM directly, cos I ended up cancelling the wakanow or rather I didn't pay for it again but I bought from KLM directly for same price as yours (182k), My dear this is still unbelievable. God is working in my favour I must Say.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DeeandGLady: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
passionup11:

@DeeandGLady, where on wakanow have u guys seen this cheap TICKETS? I have been on wakanow and have been checking for dates in April thru June and i have been seeing high prices. can you explain on how i to go about it? Thanks

@Passionup11, I also depends on your destination, You can try KLM site directly for cheap tickets, cos I ended up buying with them and discarding wakanow as KLM was even cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
DeeandGLady:

Yeahh was gonna tell you to check KLM directly, cos I ended up cancelling the wakanow or rather I didn't pay for it again but I bought from KLM directly for same price as yours (182k), My dear this is still unbelievable. God is working in my favour I must Say.

My sister, it is like a dream! Summer ticket at ds ridiculous price? It is like God is really working in our favor o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Yankee01: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
skelemba:
hmm chicago is pretty expensive, but the doctor gave me 3referrees of naijas who could sublet from the residence...u could also ask him though.
on the other hand, u could check out accomodation in skokie reasonable distance from his clinic

okay. I will ask him about the accommodation. Still expecting his reply.

Thanks so much. u the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
ACCESS PTA today is 199.2

Please let's make good use of that opportunity even if is just to buy 4K. Diamond, Skye, Keystone, and some others are within the range.

Triax:
Good Lord!! The dollar is on steroids. N222.5!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
uw....wen r u due?

Yankee01:

okay. I will ask him about the accommodation. Still expecting his reply.

Thanks so much. u the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Atanaj:
Please can one travel with dry fish to the US?

Yes you can. Just pack it well in zip lock bags and declare it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Yankee01: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
skelemba:
uw....wen r u due?

Due in April/May. plan to travel in March.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by flgd: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
No POE experience of recent.
Happy Weekend to all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
Triax:
Good Lord!! The dollar is on steroids. N222.5!!

I had raised an alarm days ago that this was going to happen. It may only get worse until CBN recinds it's decision.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
tbaby2015:

I wish her safe delivery by God's grace. Heard Dr Zee is quite friendly... DO you know much about her and what was the total cost your friend paid. Thanks in anticipation
They have insurance. So, they just paid doctors fee $1864 +$120 circumcision fee.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
This was crucial for me eh..

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Pls mothers in the house that have had deliveries using epidural and then not using vice versa.
I observed that mothers who used epidural took a lot longer to push their babies out because that painful urge wasn't there. Trying to decide on to do and not to do?
What was your experience like?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
drafrican:
Pls mothers in the house that have had deliveries using epidural and then not using vice versa.
I observed that mothers who used epidural took a lot longer to push their babies out because that painful urge wasn't there. Trying to decide on to do and not to do?
Thanks for raising this. People don't seem to share their birth stories here. I have been meaning to ask.

Experience mamas in the house, pls share your experience with epidural abeg. Did it help? Or natural is the way to go? wink

Pls advise FTMs like us o.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Thanks for raising this. People don't seem to share their birth stories here. I have been meaning to ask.

Experience mamas in the house, pls share your experience with epidural abeg. Did it help? Or natural is the way to go? wink

Pls advise FTMs like us o.

There's a thread in the family section on epidural vs natural birth, might be helpful.
I'll just say not to completely rule out epidural cos childbirth pain is like nothing you've ever experienced, ever!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hiya, I had my baby september last year at MIHS and i took epidural as well. I think it varies per individual because they kept asking me if i was feeling my legs and my baby and yes i felt my legs and also felt my baby moving inside (though no pain at all). After d epidural was administered at 7cm, 2hrs later i was 10cm and i pushed just 6 times my baby was out. the pushing exercise was less than 20mins.

My advice is listen and follow the instructions of the medical personnels. The urge to push will not be there but what i was told was that once i feel my baby moving inside of me then its time to push. (of course there was a machine monitoring d contractions, BP et all) So once my baby moves, we start the pushing exercise. This we continued until my baby came out. I hope this helps.

drafrican:

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debbyokeowo: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hello mummys and daddys in the house, am a silent reader here o please I need an affordable hospital in Atlanta. Those that have used Atlanta can you please be of help and I heard Atlanta's hospitals are quite expensive but still please I need a cheap and affordable one. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fatima007: 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
hello peeps. wonderful thread. please i need information about affordable hospitals in New York or New Hampshire where I have relatives
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
drafrican:

Hellos .I think u are looking in the wrong thread.there should be a thread about epidural somewhere i saw one recently.

Epidural did not affect my ability to push. cos u hooked up to a monitor and the nurses can see when u having a contraction and tell u to push.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Well imo searching for a cheap hospital in Newyork is like searching for N800 Ankara at da viva but if $15k for vaginal delivery is cheap my dear ur in the right state.best to look for places about 1-2hrs drive from New York!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Goldenheart88(f): 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Luckychild2015:
Hi everyone, am new to this forum. I really appreciate all ur comments and advice. I have written several emails to the hospital in NJ Hackensack but I got no respond. Can someone pls help me? I need an affordable hospital in NY/ NJ pls. I wish u all safe deliveries and stress free POE, Amen. Is the ticket promo still on pls?

Hi @luckychild2015 I intend to use the same hospital. So far they're the cheapest in NJ. NYC is a lot more expensive. I have gotten response from them via phone calls. be sure it's the hackensack umc mountainside hospital you contacted. This particular one is where you will get the affordable maternity package. Dr Fares Diabakerli is the Dr I contacted at the hospital and he pretty much gave me a detailed break down of the cost and all what ill need to pay via email. It's 6500 for VD and 8950 for CS. You can Google him to get his contacts.

I am only just waiting for @favouredB to respond to my pm as she just used the hospital. I only want to confirm a few things about their services and all.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bambini: 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
I need help pls i v been calling apartments in phonix for reservation but they keep declining, so pls how do i make reservation for my interview? pls i need help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Luckychild2015: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Goldenheart88:

Hi @luckychild2015 I intend to use the same hospital. So far they're the cheapest in NJ. NYC is a lot more expensive. I have gotten response from them via phone calls. be sure it's the hackensack umc mountainside hospital you contacted. This particular one is where you will get the affordable maternity package. Dr Fares Diabakerli is the Dr I contacted at the hospital and he pretty much gave me a detailed break down of the cost and all what ill need to pay via email. It's 6500 for VD and 8950 for CS. You can Google him to get his contacts.

I am only just waiting for @favouredB to respond to my pm as she just used the hospital. I only want to confirm a few things about their services and all.

I hope this helps.

I

Hi, I just got this quote,

Good morning,

Thank you for your interest in Wyckoff Heights Medical Center. Please see the attached fees for self-pay delivery in our hospital.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you

Christine Scaminaci
Assistant Vice President Patient Access/Medical Records
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
374 Stockholm street
Brooklyn, NY 11237
Phone: 718-963-7311
Cscaminaci@wyckoffhospital.org

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

Maternity costs
Normal vaginal delivery
• $6500.00
This fee includes hospital fee for 2 day stay for mother and infant
Physician fee related to the delivery
Anesthesia costs for an epidural
Pediatrician costs during admission

Cesarean Section
• $10,000.00
This fee includes hospital stay for 3 days for mother and infant
Physician fee related to the procedure
Anesthesia costs for the procedure
Pediatrician costs during admission

Women’s Health Center
• $130.00 per visit
Includes Physician fee for visit

• Any tests such as lab work, x-ray’s etc. done on an outpatient basis will be charged per test according to our self-pay fee schedule
The phone number to the Women’s Health Center 718-486-4155

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Luckychild2015: 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Goldenheart88:

I hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egwon: 1:51am On Feb 21, 2015
Can someone please refer me to the page where I can see food stuffs ii can travel with. Please is urgent. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egwon: 1:57am On Feb 21, 2015
Or please list it for me. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 2:10am On Feb 21, 2015
egwon:
Or please list it for me. God bless

This is what I traveled with but pple have different opinion:

- Deboned dry fish packaged inside zip
- stock fish
- knor beef
- blended cry fish
- blended egusi
- blended pepper soup spice
- blended ogbono
- frozen Iru ( used same method for pap n Iru)
- frozen pap packed inside ziploc, then I put it inside a container with cover then use celotape round it
- blended dry pepper
- groundnut( packed inside Eva bottle)
Etc.
This are the things I travel with they have not seized any of it from me even at Houston POE.

-

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 2:14am On Feb 21, 2015
Hey @skelemba! There you are! Where av u been? I sent u a message sometime ago appreciating you for initiating this thread, it has been a blessing to numerous families, we (my wifey n I) included. I sincerely hope you to birthed in the US?

Best regards

skelemba:
thank u ma...God bless u too and hope much more will benefit from the thread as well!!!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 2:15am On Feb 21, 2015
Ezemistic:

The Nigerian visa was ready within 4-days I paid ($285 for Visa) and $76 for UPS Return envelope then submitted on Monday and received it on Friday same week...you will need your child US passport, photocopies of you & your husband Nigerian passports and child birth certificate, also include 1-passport photograph of your child. Lastly a consent letter from u & ur husband...

Thanks for your reply. Did you apply for the passport after you received the birth certificate?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 2:18am On Feb 21, 2015
To the glory of God my wifey n I are glad to announce the birth of our baby on Friday 20, 8.45am (Yankee time) at Oakbend Medical Center, Richmond

Thank you all for your prayers, kind words n blessing to us. You all are great people indeed

Best regards

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.