Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380980 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by labdej: 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
Good day all,

Can anyone help me with information on the best option for transportation in Texas.

My wife would be going to the US with our son to have our second child. I would like to know what the best option would be for her to move around, especially for her hospital appointment etc. Intend using Dr Fagbohun in Richmond Texas.

Are there regular cabs? what is the cost implication? Can she take our first child along during those visits etc?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
Rent a car, cabs with drill your pocket
No good transportation system in Texas
labdej:

Good day all,

Can anyone help me with information on the best option for transportation in Texas.

My wife would be going to the US with our son to have our second child. I would like to know what the best option would be for her to move around, especially for her hospital appointment etc. Intend using Dr Fagbohun in Richmond Texas.

Are there regular cabs? what is the cost implication? Can she take our first child along during those visits etc?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
I keep telling you dear, u are my bestie but we ain't having boys together this time, u are OYO but I still love u like kilode
mabels:

i see vision for you too. you are adding another boy to your boys. oh Lord, i can see twins(2 boys) very identical.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
@ loosing babies , pls we all heading to Yankee for d blue Pali no need to form better healthcare story.
In Nigeria you have great doctors but like we all do we head to us looking for cheapest hospitals and in Nigeria we do the same.
You pay for cheap you get cheap. There are causes of loosing babies have you tried finding out the cause what's your rhesus status,is your cervix competent,did you ignore warning signs,are you diabetic/hypertensive do you have anti phospholipid syndrome.
At the hospital I work they do laparoscopic surgeries and we have patients fly in from the UK and USA ( based on recommendation from past patients)to have their fibroids removed,we remove fibroids as large as 40 weeks and our mortality is ZERO reason ,fibroid is a black mans disease and best handled by black people. Mind u my oga is liscenced to practice in uk and USA.
Was your pregnancy being managed by an obstetrician or a medical officer or by a nurse even though you were high risk.
This are the issues,if a Nigerian dr charged you N800000 for c/s the whole world will hear you can't pay cheap and expect great services.
In us dr's handle antenatal care in Nigeria it's largely nurses to get a dr to do that you would pay private to get a consultant to do that you would pay double.
So pls before we insult Nigerian doctors lets know the intricacies of each case!
I know hospitals in Nigeria where 26 week old babies survive its cash n being in right place

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Acks: 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
Newmum0615:
Nne good luck to you. You are lucky to have a job you can leave at 30 to 32 weeks.
. Lolz. In all, d grace n favor of God is what we need. But even at that, we have to be very careful and know that good health surpasses every other thing. I took the risk of leaving naija at 36wks+, went to LA nd stayed 2weeks with a friend. Got to phoenix @ 38wks nd on my 1st visit to the hospital,they discovered my amniotic fluid was super low and I ll have to be induced immediately. Knowing how painful inductions could be(was induced with my 1st) I objected but they insisted saying if they let me go, I ll def return d next day with a still birth, na so I surrender o. Now, m looking at traveling @ about 30 wks, I can't take such risk again. Never! Whoever can, travel latest, 33wks. If u can't, don't stop praying nd trusting God dt all ll be well. Most of all, listen to your body.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shimk: 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
woaini:
Hello everyone, praise God for all the success stories. Watch out for more!
So I sent a mail to the embassy notifying them of my intent but I got an automated response with questions and answers
Please is that the normal response process before they send the standard reply, cos I am a bit confused.

I sent a mail and also got the automated response but if all dat dosnt answer your question they still respond cus dey personally responded to mine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2015
Truth is, people are different. I trAvelled at 34 weeks plus and I used Emirates to LA. Asides from prayers, my pregnancy had been uneventful that is no complications. I was drinking water on the plane like person wey magun catch and I kept walking around sote everybody on the plane knew me. Journey was long but I made sure I was as active as possible and kept the fluids going. Immediately I got to LA. I made sure I rested for a whole week without even stepping outside. Use your prenatal drugs, rest well before the trip and immediately after and biko drink plenty water. God will continue to protect is but if your preg has been a bit eventful then please leave earlier

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
woaini:

Thank you for your inquiry. This automated response contains answers to many of the questions we most frequently receive. We hope that you will find your answer below, but if not we will respond to your query in two business days.

If your inquiry concerns an immigrant visa case, please resend your email to LagosIV@state.gov<mailto:LagosIV@state.gov>.
If your inquiry concerns American Citizen Services, please resend your email to AbujaACS@state.gov<mailto:AbujaACS@state.gov>.

To schedule an appointment for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate General Lagos and the U.S. Embassy Abuja please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/<http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/>. Instructions on the appointment process are available at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov under the “Visas” tab.

Q: How do I make a nonimmigrant visa appointment?

Plenty blablabla. It's really long, posting it all here would take one full page! And this response was from abuja. I did not send to lagos because I got my visa in abuja

Expect to receive a personalized response to your inquiry. That's the one you print out.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ojsimsim: 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
@slimwendy85, nice to meet with you here oooo. am planning to leave second week in june. planning of booking my flight by nxt week.where are y are you staying. and which hospital are you using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ojsimsim: 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
slimwendy85:

Hi, also headed for elpaso first week in June. Have u decided on an airline yet. Am thinking klm, but my issue is how to book a connecting flight from dallas to elpaso. Cant seem to be able to book that in nigeria.
@shagaman, please can u help out. Did u buy your elpaso ticket are the airport when you got to America?, am afraid it will be expensive cause it will be summer.

slimwendy85, nice to meet with you here oooo. am planning to leave second week in june. planning of booking my flight by nxt week.where are y are you staying. and which hospital are you using? and when u book your flight ,kindly let me know which one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
slimwendy85:
Thank you Shagaman. I got someone to book for me, but I read something about obtaining an electronic travel authorisation for most non USA citizens. Heard of this? Does it apply to me? Also, does American airline have any baggage allowance?
Shelly thanks for suggesting southwest airline.
The ETA is for countries whose citizens do not require visas to the United states . As long as they have not previously overstayed on any previous visit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
labdej:

Good day all,

If she will be going out everyday, which I doubt because of her condition, You can rent a car if you have the international driver's license. Renting a car cost around $20-50 depends on what type of car you pick and insurance inclusive. if she is not really going out that must then I think she should download uber application on her phone. its a cab but very cheap. The bills for the each trip will be charged to her debit card on file

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

All that one will be done at the airport.
American airline only allows hand baggage for free. You pay $25 for the first carry on luggage, then $35 for the second.
Whatever you do, do not fly SPIRIT airline! They charge for air sef inside the plane!
Spirit cheesy shey that one na flight. I flew with them from Houston to Colorado, they did not give us ordinary tap water for like 2 hours flight. I love America airline, quite cheap (good leg space if you book early for the front roll )and southwest airline do not really travel to all states.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
drafrican:
@ loosing babies ,
Did you just type all that to a woman who carried two babies in her womb for 28 good weeks, with all the hassle that comes with pregnancy and lost both babies cry cry cry . you may be very right or wrong but this is just too sad. *handsonmyjaw*

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slimwendy85: 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks amother4life.
@ojsimsim, inhouse suite o. Seems to be a walkable distance to the hospital and most shopping malls. Am using del sol medical centre through doctoresparati. Will do you a mail with my itinerary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
nefertitiram:

Why would you want to risk your life and fly at 35 weeks! What if you go into labor or anything! Why do Naija women like gangsta moves like this?
I made the same mistake the 1st time, I put work over my health and lost the babies, I guess if I had left earlier, the US healthcare system would have been more aggressive in taking care of preemies!
Nne, the only thing you lose is a month or 2 salary, which ur baby is more important than. Try to take off at 30 to 32 weeks, biko.
This time sef, am leaving at 20 weeks! Work can wait, nothing else matters right now!

Cheers!

Please tell them. Nigerians like to hide under words like "I am covered by God" or "if it's meant to be...."
Even the bible says that all things have been given to us but u still gotta TAKE it. In other words do ur part and tick all ur boxes, God will take care of the rest. Oh and @Mabels this is also in response to u.
We need to start being proactive and not relaxed. Jus sayin!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
zeezahbee:
Spirit cheesy shey that one na flight. I flew with them from Houston to Colorado, they did not give us ordinary tap water for like 2 hours flight. I love America airline, quite cheap (good leg space if you book early for the front roll )and southwest airline do not really travel to all states.

Hey Zeeezahbee,

Was your trip to colorado for childbirth? If yes which hospital did you use and doctor? I have asked for people with information on colorado on this forum but no one seems to go that route
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ojsimsim: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
slimwendy85:
Thanks amother4life.
@ojsimsim, inhouse suite o. Seems to be a walkable distance to the hospital and most shopping malls. Am using del sol medical centre through doctoresparati. Will do you a mail with my itinerary.
@slimwendy85 no probs. will be waiting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by HotChoco2(f): 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hello House,

Pls does anyone have any experience with Detriot POE?

KLM flights for late June on Wakanow are looking promising (258k)

Will really appreciate your comment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=Shawbabe post=31107928]
Oh and @Mabels this is also in response to u.

Of course i know. Our beliefs are different. You know when some people cough, they believe it is the witch in the family that is making them cough. you may not feel comfortable in sharing personal info about you and others may not see anything bad in doing so. So if am okay with it, i don't think it's a big deal.

2. if anyone wants to travel @ 36wks i don't see the big deal in that. knowing ur body and following the progress of your pregnancy is also important. And Nigerian doctors are not as useless as people think. A cousin of mine was delivered at 6 months plus in akure. He survived and he is an only child and over 20yrs of age as i type. Do people think that American doctors dont make mistakes? If some people can afford to go at 15 wks finee, but not everyone can do that. And in everything we still need God's protection, this is very important.

@ Shawbabe if u believe in witches and wizards, why is it bothering you that am calling on God. What we believe in works for us.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=31109716][/quote]

Lol. U totally got all I wrote wrong. U think I'm saying get out of Nigeria and have ur baby in the US so it guarantees smooth delivery? No that's not what I'm saying. Or that complications cannot be handled in Nigeria if it arises.

What I'm saying is why RISK and do gansta things becoz u want to hide under "if the baby is meant to be....?" U will go out of ur way to provide the best for ur baby, be it Naija or Morocco.
Secondly, whether u like it or not, witches and wizards do exist! So does evil. I never said "do not share"....I wrote be careful and mindful of what details u share and items u request from folks u don't know from Adam.
And Yes one can believe in no weapon formed against us shall prosper but will they stand in front of a moving car or moving bullet becoz of that? No! U will avoid it anyway u can. And that's my point. Believing in being invincible is all cool and nice, but be careful of how u make urself a target. That IS what I'm saying.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
You gat it! [quote author=mabels post=31109716][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by modath(f): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
I came out of lurk mode to state two things.

1. I made a 7hrs journey by road and the return journey 3days after(family car though) @ 36 weeks gestation with no ill effect to neither me nor the baby.
As @Drafrican rightly stated, the reason we are going to the US is primarily for the blue pali and we should stop with the better healthcare ish. If its for superior healthcare ONLY, the UK, india, uae even south africa are avilable options that would cost only a fraction of the $10-15k conservative budget that is needed for a us childbirth plan .
There are myriads of 1st class hospital with top notch doctors/facilities in this country and the beloved dr fagbohun of oakbend/richmond is even an alumnus of abu zaria.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hi all,who wld like to share an apartment in Houston or elpaso from 1st week of March.Holla lets talk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=kizluv post=31107041]
Did you just type all that to a woman who carried two babies in her womb for 28 good weeks,

@kizluv I am also shocked at this comment from drafrican. As much as I understand her point clearly I feel that same point can be made in a better way. What more can I say? *smh*

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
shade16:

You mean hisgracelodge?
YES
Sorry, i meant His Grace Lodge. His Grace lodge [/color]is a good place, my wife stayed there before birthing and the owner of the place a Nigerian gave all the help she needed, and since i wasn't there with her, i was relief when i learnt this. We have since returned to Nigeria, and just wanted those planning to go to Elpaso to put it in consideration. Please i didn't say take action on it oooooo.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
@Isysleek: You can call disgrace lodge, i think they have such and you are assured of free drops at the hospital and shopping. My wife stayed there at elpaso during her delivery in October 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
Zozokuzo142:

PLS EAZYDUNE ARE U IN MIHS Phoneix now? How is ur experience and do you know much about the MONTERRA APARTMENT
THANKS ALOT AND HOPE U DOING GREAT THERE. GOD BE WITH U

Am in Phoenix but nt Monterra apartments.U can google monterra to get d infos u need.My apartment is abt 15mins drive to mihs nd so far its very ok for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.