Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,940 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381948 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cutebabies: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2014
Hi all. Welldone to everyone that has contributed to this thread. You've all really been helpful. I am using Oakbend Medical Centre and my fees come up to about $5400, I will be staying @ Intown suites, Houston for $200 weekly. My flight ticket cost #197,000 as at last week though it has suddenly gone up to #209,000 this week (lesson: purchase your tickets now). I personally think this is a good deal for those looking at Houston axis. Anyone interested could holla me.

However I have an issue to clarify, the doctor or hospital would not accept my payment in advance as it is not their policy. They can only accept my payment when I show up in person. Has anyone had a similar experience and what was it like at the POE? All I have is correspondence from the doctor and hospital with no receipts.
Since I can't carry more than $9990, I want to present my cards and maybe my bank statement to show that I have enough money to take care of myself, would they accept such?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 9:04am On Jan 06, 2014
@cutebabies....what airline is that? Its very cheap...hope its not one that will take you to the middle east first? That will be extremely stressful

Can you post the breakdown of the $5400 for oakbend

As as per not being able to pay in advance...i wouldnt worry if i were you. Just hold the cash at least $9k though you can carry any amount. You just need to declare if its more than 10k. Not everybody paysin advance though

If you declared you were pregnant at your interview or had your visa before you did then you should be fine.

Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DrOBD(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2014
F
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozzy2: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
@ cutie babies, which of the in town suit in houston ? I made a reservation in intown suite 3000 Highway 6 South houston for about 300 dollars including tax. Let m̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ know maybe we could plan together though i am thinking of using WHMC cos is just about 3miles from hotel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by charliee2109: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks for your reply@amynuch really it would be great if firsttimer would help us get info from the front desk person so we can get a cover letter if possible or advice on what to do.
Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Cute babies: Hi all. Welldone to everyone that has contributed to this thread. You've all really been helpful. I am using Oakbend Medical Centre and my fees come up to about $5400, I will be staying @ Intown suites, Houston for $200 weekly. My flight ticket cost #197,000 as at last week though it has suddenly gone up to #209,000 this week (lesson: purchase your tickets now). I personally think this is a good deal for those looking at Houston axis. Anyone interested could holla me.

However I have an issue to clarify, the doctor or hospital would not accept my payment in advance as it is not their policy. They can only accept my payment when I show up in person. Has anyone had a similar experience and what was it like at the POE? All I have is correspondence from the doctor and hospital with no receipts.
Since I can't carry more than $9990, I want to present my cards and maybe my bank statement to show that I have enough money to take care of myself, would they accept such?
i got a cheaper ticket than urs as at last week too, from Abuja tru Frankfurt to houston via lufthansa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Don't we have people using WHMC dis January in d house? We could do our own shopping and oda tins together just like d elpaso clan, lol. Abi all of u have family members u er staying with?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Cute babies: Hi all. Welldone to everyone that has contributed to this thread. You've all really been helpful. I am using Oakbend Medical Centre and my fees come up to about $5400, I will be staying @ Intown suites, Houston for $200 weekly. My flight ticket cost #197,000 as at last week though it has suddenly gone up to #209,000 this week (lesson: purchase your tickets now). I personally think this is a good deal for those looking at Houston axis. Anyone interested could holla me.

Hello,please be advised you can travel with more than $9990 usd , as long as you declare it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amynuch: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=charliee2109]Thanks for your reply@amynuch really it would be great if firsttimer would help us get info from the front desk person so we can get a cover letter if possible or advice on what to do.
Cheers

@ Charliee2109, surprisingly, I was able to put a call through to the reservation centre early this morning and got my booking extended to one month. I was also asked to call about 11am (us time) so I can request for a cover letter. U can do same too.
Meanwhile, when is your interview? Which state to you intend to have your interview? When do you intend to travel? Just to know if we both have close date. Am looking at having mine in abuja in February. I hope to be in el paso in April cos am due in May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2014

Hi,
Oak bend medical centre is outside Houston,have u thought about transportation to and from town. Why not try west Houston medical centre, Dr Rizk's fee is abt $2200,although u might run some tests, but his bill can't be more than $3,000. And hospital bill is $2,500. And u have the option of pre-paying your bills. Just an opinion though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
ozycy: Don't we have people using WHMC dis January in d house? We could do our own shopping and oda tins together just like d elpaso clan, lol. Abi all of u have family members u er staying with?
My wife should be using WHMC, I pray she's issued VIsa. We have made a deposit of $2,000 to Dr Rizk and also $2,000 to WHMC...
Pls pray for us ooooooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
@jyde2014, am already praying for her, she will be issued the visa in Jesus name amen. When is she having her interview and where? I will be leaving in 2 weeks time. Best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cutebabies: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
@favoured girl, it's Delta airlines.
Cost breakdown: Ob/gyn - 2220
Hospital fee - 2150
Pediatrician - 380
Lab work - 400

Optional: Anesthesiologist - 850
Circumcision - 500

I know I can travel with more than 10k but I won't want to go through the stress of declaring that and that was why why I opted for the card/bank statement.

@ozycy, a friend that introduced me to Oakbend is the one using Intown suites while I'm staying with family. I'll need to confirm from her the particular one she's using. I wouldn't worry about anything less than 30 minutes to the hospital afterall in Naija you'll spend same time or longer to get to your hospital. What I feel is more important is a standby means of transportation which could be a cab driver's number or a rented car.

@jyde2014, I don't understand what you mean by 'outside Houston' cos Oakbend medical centre is in Southwestern Houston and about 30mins from WHMC. Probably u're referring to one of their centres in the outskirts but the only one that carries out delivery is 22003 Southwest Freeway, Richmond, Texas. Both WHMC and Oakbend are in the Richmond area of Texas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by momc2bee: 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
@amynuch..I'll be applying in Lagos in february too,I'm also due in May.Gods willing will be in el-paso in April.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cutebabies: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
@ozycy, I bought my ticket through wakanow probably u bought yours directly from Lufthansa. And besides I'm flying from Lagos in April not Abuja in January so it can't be the same amount. I mentioned the air fare in my earlier post because the cost is going up and it's best to make use of the low prices now especially those of us traveling towards summer and not to compare who bought cheaper.

@favoured girl, I got my visa way before I became pregnant and also travelled then. I've sent d necessary mails and still gathering all my documents so by God's grace that aspect shouldn't be a problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
@cute babies...for delta that is cheap o! Il check and buy my ticket this week if it is so. I am traveling first week of march by God's grace and i want to fly direct

Since you got your visa way before you should be fine. Oakbend is cheaper than whmc...all the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amynuch: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=momc2bee]@amynuch..I'll be applying in Lagos in february too,I'm also due in May.Gods willing will be in el-paso in April.

Aww that good to know. I wish you God's favour during your interview. Please also put me in your prayers. By God's race we shall pull through and possibly plan our trip together. Where do you intend to stay in el paso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
ozycy: @jyde2014, am already praying for her, she will be issued the visa in Jesus name amen. When is she having her interview and where? I will be leaving in 2 weeks time. Best of luck
Her interview is within the week. If granted, she should leave end of the month. She's likely to go thru uk,spend few days and then proceed to Houston. Her first appointment with Dr Rizk should be 6th Feb.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Cute babies: @favoured girl, it's Delta airlines.
Cost breakdown: Ob/gyn - 2220
Hospital fee - 2150
Pediatrician - 380
Lab work - 400

Optional: Anesthesiologist - 850
Circumcision - 500

I know I can travel with more than 10k but I won't want to go through the stress of declaring that and that was why why I opted for the card/bank statement.

@ozycy, a friend that introduced me to Oakbend is the one using Intown suites while I'm staying with family. I'll need to confirm from her the particular one she's using. I wouldn't worry about anything less than 30 minutes to the hospital afterall in Naija you'll spend same time or longer to get to your hospital. What I feel is more important is a standby means of transportation which could be a cab driver's number or a rented car.

@jyde2014, I don't understand what you mean by 'outside Houston' cos Oakbend medical centre is in Southwestern Houston and about 30mins from WHMC. Probably u're referring to one of their centres in the outskirts but the only one that carries out delivery is 22003 Southwest Freeway, Richmond, Texas. Both WHMC and Oakbend are in the Richmond area of Texas.

It's the same oakbend I'm referring to. It actually depends on where u will be staying. We were actually considering Dr Fagbohun before, but when we considered transportation from where she would be staying, a cab company quoted $60 one way. Oakbend is in Richmond which is a suburb of Houston, while WHMC is on Richmond avenue Houston. Thirty minutes on a free way no be small journey oooooo. Just saying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
ozycy: i got a cheaper ticket than urs as at last week too, from Abuja tru Frankfurt to houston via lufthansa.
Hi,what website did u book your flight from? I dey find cheap ticket tooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by euromoney(f): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=amynuch][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Cute babies: @ozycy, I bought my ticket through wakanow probably u bought yours directly from Lufthansa. And besides I'm flying from Lagos in April not Abuja in January so it can't be the same amount. I mentioned the air fare in my earlier post because the cost is going up and it's best to make use of the low prices now especially those of us traveling towards summer and not to compare who bought cheaper.
I bot tru an agent too, I didn't mean to compare prices ooo,
@favoured girl, I got my visa way before I became pregnant and also travelled then. I've sent d necessary mails and still gathering all my documents so by God's grace that aspect shouldn't be a problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amynuch: 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=jyde2014]
Her interview is within the week. If granted, she should leave end of the month. She's likely to go thru uk,spend few days and then proceed to Houston. Her first appointment with Dr Rizk should be 6th Feb.

@Jyde2014, my prayers are with your wife. She will get her visa by God's grace. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papyy: 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
hello omowuhmy,

how are you doing. i haven't heard from you. can you please get in touch. sent you messages. please revert
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DrOBD(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
F
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wunmi38: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
jyde2014:
My brother I wish her the very best in her interview.
Just to inform the whole huse dat were not granted the Visa and I felt really bad about it but I just remembered that if its the will of God they would have granted Us even after paying the deposit for elpaso I felt really bad because even the lady that interviewed Us was not ready to check the invoice from elpaso she said they have warned that we should not pay before interview in al I just feel its not ment to be.
They don't really app8 truth if I had said I was goin for vacation an the Visa was granted it wll be better in all i wish you all th very best my wife is due in March and.stress will be too much on her if we apply and refused again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dr_OBD:

Someone should please answer me na. Lol
Hi;
Google MIHS phoenix, i guess their charges fall within your budget. However she might need a little above that to cover feeding, accommodation etc.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
wunmi38:
My brother I wish her the very best in her interview.
Just to inform the whole huse dat were not granted the Visa and I felt really bad about it but I just remembered that if its the will of God they would have granted Us even after paying the deposit for elpaso I felt really bad because even the lady that interviewed Us was not ready to check the invoice from elpaso she said they have warned that we should not pay before interview in al I just feel its not ment to be.
They don't really app8 truth if I had said I was goin for vacation an the Visa was granted it wll be better in all i wish you all th very best my wife is due in March and.stress will be too much on her if we apply and refused again.
It seems these people are something else. Is it now a crime to pre pay medical expenses just to prove one's solvency? you do this;they find fault. you do another thing the find loop hole in it. Wetin dem want sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dr_OBD:

Take the patience to read thru the thread. You will get more than enough alternatives and the relevant info or you can click on a person's username and read the person's back post

Type mihs or maricopa into the searchbox above as suggested. That may help, as that is the cheapest hospital uncovered so far. You can also check out hospitals in houston and atlanta if she has someone to accomodate her, if no free accomodation mayb elpaso as there is a lot of resource on that and many pple there at the moment or planning to be there to provode further insights

As per tickets check wakanow.com or any of the websites of the airline..there is united, lufthansa, air france, klm, etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by firsttimer: 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
hallos my pple,

Intown suites is very diff to book online as they wont collect money due to the fact tht a lot of paper work is involved.

Bn to the front desk for this purpose so you guys can call them directly in order to send you email showing 3mths booking

915 591 0006

all the best
[quote author=amynuch][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
jyde2014:
It seems these people are something else. Is it now a crime to pre pay medical expenses just to prove one's solvency? you do this;they find fault. you do another thing the find loop hole in it. Wetin dem want sef

Well it is usually discouraged, like buying your ticket before you get a visa or even paying your accommodation, they usually advice booking without paying. For the purpose of interviews your bank statement should suffice.

Paying in advance is probably more helpful for poe

@ wunmi....pele..i wish your wife safe delivery...im sure by the second baby you'd' v sorted it all out. *hugs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cutebabies: 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kindly get a pen and paper, start from page 1 and make sure you jot down hospital names, relevant links and prices. Before u get to the end, you will have the answer to your question.

Dr_OBD:

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.