Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS (32126 Views)

FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary / FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by jmaine: 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
MT:

I knew your ilk. I knew you would crack and spew rubbish under intense searchlight. You couldn't make reasonable argument without being insulting. It shows the quality of education which you have been exposed to. I don't need to apply for the position of a Professor but I can tell you majority of you guys are paper tigers. Show me the impact you have made in your field and I will show you mind blowing projects I have used my skill set to lead. Universities should always be the bridge between the gown and the town, today, the town just sees your citadels as "mere institutions" where students go to after passing their JAMB. You should be bothered. You should be concerned and ashamed that you have failed to make a reasonable impact in the sector where you frustratingly find yourself. And let it be clear, I was properly educated and trained by the best hands in my industry in a saner clime. Let that sink in.

Everyone online is a giant, while offline they are mostly nonentities

We have loads of scholars winning fellowships in top ranked institutions globally, but a certain e-warrior feels they are inferior in his infinitesimal mind.
A team of academics built a formidable software in record time for the FG to deploy to solve the current impasse. A solution to the FG at no extra cost than the IPPIS that attracts a subscription from soft alliance, a company owned by Tinubu..
When you will take your expertise to the IPPIS office to help them tweak the software to accommodate the peculiarities causing labour crisis in the Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education.?

You have no moral standing to lecture anyone on self worth.. Stand down..
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by osazsky(m): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
inoki247:
How many times they wan stop am wetin dem don stop since January
during covid out of sympathy they were paid
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by osazsky(m): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hearme:

You go wait tire. New admisions not yet processed. So automatically, there will be no Jamb like 1996. We will see what happens.
oga it's a lost cause....I thrust Buhari....he will soon start filling those positions with serious lecturers who are ready to work..an employee can not detect his mood of payment

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by MT: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
jmaine:

Everyone online is a giant, while offline they are mostly nonentities

We have loads of scholars winning fellowships in top ranked institutions globally, but a certain e-warrior feels they are inferior in his infinitesimal mind.
A team of academics built a formidable software in record time for the FG to deploy to solve the current impasse. A solution to the FG at no extra cost than the IPPIS that attracts a subscription from soft alliance, a company owned by Tinubu..
When you will take your expertise to the IPPIS office to help them tweak the software to accommodate the peculiarities causing labour crisis in the Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education.?

You have no moral standing to lecture anyone on self worth.. Stand down..

Cry me a river, IPPIS has come to stay. Someone lacking in IT expertise attesting to how formidable a software is. Claiming to know so much, while so empty. Must you die working for FG ?. If you feel the FG is treating you poorly, resign. If you are as sound as you claim, pick up a job abroad or anywhere else and relocate. No employee can dictate how employer will pay him or her. It reeks of total foolishness and ignorance.

And the labour crisis you were referring to was a figment of your own imagination. You paper tigers have lost relevance, public sympathy and values. You are messing up with the wrong president. Most of you will soon be in the labour market. Don't register with IPPIS and be grandstanding, then let us see how it plays out and ends for you.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by Slymontee: 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
You people are uninformed. The public Universities remain the last hope of the middle class. Be clapping and celebrating impunity. Let your govt destroy the public Universities like they destroyed the public prim/sec schools so you would patronize their exotic private universities. By the time they finished crushing the middle class, all of una children will become almajiris while theirs will be in CBN, NNPC, etc.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by onyeka205(m): 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
raphieMontella:
Very commendable..

Irrespective of how the strike affects us students, I'm in support of this...

ASUU only cares about means of collecting money and nothing else...

We die here... Even if na March next year we go resume for ASUU to sit up and have sense no wahala
It is the statement of this natures which portrays the fact that students don't actually know the reason why ASUU is fighting, that made some ASUU members to begin to advise their national executive to now concentrate on only welfare of her members and forget all about other issues that concerns the students and parents such as University revitalization, visitation panel and increased university funding. The FG will be very happy if ASUU executives follow this directive. What it entails is that there will be introduction of tuition fees to the tune of #500,000 per student. The lecturers will be well paid but the tuition fees will compete with those of private universities and the population of students in private universities will increase tremendously. It will be a win-win for ASUU because there will be less number of students in public schools so the workload will reduce drastically. Moreover, there will be more opportunities for lecturers to bargain for more pay because less number of students will be able to afford up to #1.5 million that will be charged as a tuition fee for postgraduate studies, and there will be vacancy in most specialty areas of study. This will warrant bending the law to allow professors in those specialized areas to teach in more than two universities. Presently, the law permits a professor to teach in two universities (as adjunct staff) other than their parent universities. If the parents and students refuse to support ASUU to win this battle, the universities will be like FMCs where the patients provide everything for their treatment including hand gloves. The doctors were fighting like ASUU to rescue government hospitals but when they did not receive the needed support from the public, they re-strategized and fought for only their welfare. Today, the consultants are well paid but the masses bore the brunt of every treatment even in a dilapidated environment called hospital. For your information, ASUU did not go on strike because of IPPIS, the strike was already on before the issue of IPPIS came up as a distraction. ASUU went on strike to force the FG to honour an outstanding agreement already entered with FG since 2009. And to educate you more, it is pertinent to note that university education is not like any other ministry, it has its peculiarities. It is dynamic, what is invoke this year may be obsolete by next year. For example, in microbiology there are knew areas like forensic microbiology, bioenergy, molecular microbiology etc. All these specialty areas need experts in those areas that will teach the students. Being a novel area, a particular university may not have any lecturer trained in such area so they need to invite a professor who is an expert in such specialty area to be employed on an adjunct basis to teach those courses. If not, the students will not be able to compete favourably with those that have lecturers in those specialty areas. IPPIS does not recognize such arrangement and there is no how such professor would be paid for his services. In the University, final students defend their projects under the examination of an external examiner which must be paid for his services. IPPIS does not recognize this as well. These are two, out of many, shortcomings of IPPIS. To save the situation, the FG has asked ASUU to provide an alternative that can capture their peculiarities and this has been done. The software called UTAS is currently being tested by the FG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by jmaine: 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
MT:

[s]Cry me a river, IPPIS has come to stay. Someone lacking in IT expertise attesting to how formidable a software is. Claiming to know so much, while so empty. Must you die working for FG ?. If you feel the FG is treating you poorly, resign. If you are as sound as you claim, pick up a job abroad or anywhere else and relocate. No employee can dictate how employer will pay him or her. It reeks of total foolishness and ignorance.

And the labour crisis you were referring to was a figment of your own imagination. You paper tigers have lost relevance, public sympathy and values. You are messing up with the wrong president. Most of you will soon be in the labour market. Don't register with IPPIS and be grandstanding, then let us see how it plays out and ends for you.[/s]

I knew you were another rabble rousing jester. When you are able to compose a single page article worthy of being published even in predatory journal. We can then engage, this is me being nice and fair.

Before I leave, let me post this links to show the redundancy of your posts...

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/05/nasu-ssanu-begin-warning-strike-today/

https://punchng.com/asup-threatens-strike-over-ippis-challenges/

Shame on you nonentities trying to educate those affected by IPPIS compatibility issues with their conditions of service
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:13am On Oct 12, 2020
onyeka205:

It is the statement of this natures which portrays the fact that students don't actually know the reason why ASUU is fighting, that made some ASUU members to begin to advise their national executive to now concentrate on only welfare of her members and forget all about other issues that concerns the students and parents such as University revitalization, visitation panel and increased university funding. The FG will be very happy if ASUU executives follow this directive. What it entails is that there will be introduction of tuition fees to the tune of #500,000 per student. The lecturers will be well paid but the tuition fees will compete with those of private universities and the population of students in private universities will increase tremendously. It will be a win-win for ASUU because there will be less number of students in public schools so the workload will reduce drastically. Moreover, there will be more opportunities for lecturers to bargain for more pay because less number of students will be able to afford up to #1.5 million that will be charged as a tuition fee for postgraduate studies, and there will be vacancy in most specialty areas of study. This will warrant bending the law to allow professors in those specialized areas to teach in more than two universities. Presently, the law permits a professor to teach in two universities (as adjunct staff) other than their parent universities. If the parents and students refuse to support ASUU to win this battle, the universities will be like FMCs where the patients provide everything for their treatment including hand gloves. The doctors were fighting like ASUU to rescue government hospitals but when they did not receive the needed support from the public, they re-strategized and fought for only their welfare. Today, the consultants are well paid but the masses bore the brunt of every treatment even in a dilapidated environment called hospital. For your information, ASUU did not go on strike because of IPPIS, the strike was already on before the issue of IPPIS came up as a distraction. ASUU went on strike to force the FG to honour an outstanding agreement already entered with FG since 2009. And to educate you more, it is pertinent to note that university education is not like any other ministry, it has its peculiarities. It is dynamic, what is invoke this year may be obsolete by next year. For example, in microbiology there are knew areas like forensic microbiology, bioenergy, molecular microbiology etc. All these specialty areas need experts in those areas that will teach the students. Being a novel area, a particular university may not have any lecturer trained in such area so they need to invite a professor who is an expert in such specialty area to be employed on an adjunct basis to teach those courses. If not, the students will not be able to compete favourably with those that have lecturers in those specialty areas. IPPIS does not recognize such arrangement and there is no how such professor would be paid for his services. In the University, final students defend their projects under the examination of an external examiner which must be paid for his services. IPPIS does not recognize this as well. These are two, out of many, shortcomings of IPPIS. To save the situation, the FG has asked ASUU to provide an alternative that can capture their peculiarities and this has been done. The software called UTAS is currently being tested by the FG.

You and the Profs in ASUU are not very rational.

When an Prof goes to another university to teach, which time is he using there?

Assume a prof is employed full time by Unilag for 40hrs per week, Mon to Friday, 8am-5pm. And he goes to Uniben as an Adjunct, he loses some hours at Unilag and spends it at Uniben. That means, he has not worked any extra to deserve more pay. He has simply worked some of his contracted hours at another varsity.

Why should he get full pay at Unilag, after losing hours and still earn pay at Uniben. I hope you see the fraud in the Adjunct scam. This adjunct profs nonsense is the reason Ph D holders are jobless.

My dear, go and sit down. IPPIS has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:21am On Oct 12, 2020
onyeka205:

I wrote the original article that slaughtered ASUU, and I can rubbish all you wrote here. But its not worth my time.

ASUU is all about money. Teaching at 2 or 3 universities, how many brains does a prof have? What time would they have for research, seminars, conferences, etc ?

When you teach at 3 unis, your time & concentration are divided. You would not give students sufficient time because you have to prepare for other unis. That is why our graduates are crap, because lecturers dont give their best.

This silly strike is all about Profs defending their cash cow. It is never about the students. IPPIS would instill discipline in the academia. Final.

Please Go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by 21cents: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2020
osazsky:
oga it's a lost cause....I thrust Buhari....he will soon start filling those positions with serious lecturers who are ready to work..an employee can not detect his mood of payment
no mind them their eyes go soon clear. for Buhari himself to announce it while presenting the budget, ASUU don lose already. enroll in IPPIS or resign so someone else serious can take your place or rather, prepared to be fired.
I hate unnecessary pride against your employer. your employer by all means has the right to dictate by what means he chooses to pay you. if not satisfied with it, you resign simple.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by 21cents: 9:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Slymontee:
You people are uninformed. The public Universities remain the last hope of the middle class. Be clapping and celebrating impunity. Let your govt destroy the public Universities like they destroyed the public prim/sec schools so you would patronize their exotic private universities. By the time they finished crushing the middle class, all of una children will become almajiris while theirs will be in CBN, NNPC, etc.
oga how will enrolling in IPPIS destroy the public varsities or what are you saying??
you employer said you should enroll in IPPIS to weed out ghost workers and save some monies and you're here saying FG wants to destroy public universities. how so?

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
Happy to see that Nigerians are seeing beyond the half truth of ASUU
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by jmaine: 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2020
otokx:
Happy to see that Nigerians are seeing beyond the half truth of ASUU

But your union SSANU is on strike over IPPIS... The irony... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni Was Told To Describe His Sister’s Private Part - Father / JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.