Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! (1642 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / 10 Amazing Bible Facts / Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2011
Posted on May 24, 2010 by soulrefuge

The pre-trib secret rapture of the saints (true believers) prior to the Lord’s second coming is a teaching that has been made popular by Tim Le Haye’s “Left Behind” series of books and motion pictures. Stephen Sizer talks about the topic of the “secret rapture” in his book, “Zion’s Christian Soldiers: The Bible, Israel and the Church.” (Pages 133-134)

“Cyrus Scofield, in the footnotes to his Reference Bible, has to contradict Jesus in order to perpetuate the notion of a secret rapture of the saints before his visible return. In Matthew 13, in the parable of the Wheat and the Tares, Jesus explains that the tares will be removed first and destroyed, and then the wheat gathered. When the servants ask, “Do you want us to go and pull the weeds up?, the master replies,

Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters:FIRST COLLECT THE WEEDS and tie them in bundles to be burned; THEN GATHER THE WHEAT and bring it into my barn. (Matthew 13:30)

Jesus is using an illustration to describe his return, and therefore we must not read too much into the detail. Nevertheless, Jesus says that his return will be associated both with destruction and deliverance, condemnation and vindication. In a footnote to this verse, however, Scofield (quote below) reverses the order and separates what Jesus combines to ensure it fits with his presuppositions.

“The gathering of the tares into bundles for burning does not imply immediate judgment. At the end of this Age (v40) the tares are set apart for burning, but first the wheat is gathered into the barn.”

It is most unfortunate that many people will take the notes written by a man such as Cyrus Scofield (quoted above) in his famous Scofield Study Bible, and take it to be the Bible truth! There are many people who do that with other study Bibles also, and they will often quote the authors notes as if it were scripture! Many people have been deceived in this day, and past days because they follow man and not the Lord. I have spoken in the past about the many preachers, pastors, watchmen and book authors who have made predictions, and prophesied things which never came to pass! Stick to the Word of God, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ. If you follow a man (or a woman) and they go off course, then you are going to end up where they are going!

And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? (Luke 6:39)

If a person would have gone to the scriptures to see what Jesus said they would have learned the truth about the gathering of the believers (wheat) and the unbelievers (tares), at the end of the world (age). The disciples asked Jesus to explain the parable of the tares to them, and he gladly obliged them.

Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. (Matthew 13:36-43)

So there you have it. The Lord explained the parable to his closest followers, and he told them that it pertained to the end of the world. It is very important that the true believer understand that when the Lord returns there will be no second chance for anybody. Jesus never once gave a hint about a “secret rapture” or a “great stealth evacuation” of the true believers. Considering the fact, that Jesus is the creator of ALL things, as well as our redeemer, is it not better to listen to him, instead of mere men? There will be no “two stage second coming” of the Lord Jesus Christ, as is taught in most churches in our modern day. There will be a one time final judgment when the Lord returns, and that will be the end of it. The believers will inherit everlasting life, and the unbelievers will be cast into the furnace of fire (Hell)! This is truly a most serious teaching, because many have been deceived into thinking that there will be a second chance after the “saints” (true believers) are secretly raptured into Heaven. The apostle Paul was also aware of this Biblical truth, and he wrote this to the believers at the church at Thessalonica.

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. (2 Thessalonians 1:6-10)

The apostle Paul tells us that when the Lord is revealed (at his second coming) it will be both a day of vengeance, for the unbelievers, and a day of glorification for those who are true believers in Jesus Christ. There is not even a hint of a secret pre tribulation rapture of the saints. (Get OUT of the CULT while you can folks!) The apostle Peter spoke about the scoffers in the last days, that would mock the talk about the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. (2 Peter 3:3-4)

Then Peter went on to explain that this whole world is going to be dissolved at the second coming of Jesus Christ, and that there will be a new heavens and a new earth!

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. (2 Peter 3:5-14)

http://soulrefuge.org/2010/05/24/amazing-bible-facts-scriptures-prove-pre-trib-secret-rapture-false/
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2011
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by Image123(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2011
I find it very sickening when people who have achieved less than nothing for God begin to parade beautiful men of God as heretics. Are you omniscient? Do you have perfect knowledge of every thing? Do you have all the answers, or understand the Bible from cover to cover every verse? Scoffield may be wrong, he may be right. Let's see your own study bible or your own version and see your perfection. Discuss issues, not people.
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^

I assume you are referring to the writer of this article.

Coincidentally I agree with him.

If you believe in the rapture with two separate comings of Jesus, then please provide biblical verses to support your theory.

Please read your bible.

And by the way a truly Spirit filled Christian does not need man to interpret the scriptures for him, that is the Holy Spirit's work.

Noble Christians
"11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. " Acts 17:11

"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John14:26
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2011
@frosbel
Ok.
That we're clear, i want to restate that grace through faith is what saves us, not doctrine. Doctrine is good nonetheless, but that my doctrine doesn't agree with your doctrine should give room for condemnation. When we get to Heaven we'll all see clearly, God is final arbiter.
The biblical reasons we have for the second coming of Christ to be in 'two phases' is what is coined as Rapture.
Rapture is a mystery, it's not common knowledge. It won't shock me or depress me if anyone fails to see it, but its there
1Corinth 15v51,52- i show you a mystery, we shall be changed in a moment. IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE, we shall be changed.
1Thessalonians4v16,17 we shall be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord IN THE AIR.
After this follows about 7years of tribulation during which the gospel will be preached and ofcourse some sinners saved/elect. Then Jesus will come ON EARTH to reign. There'll be the semi judgement you spoke of in the OP Revelation19v11-21
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
^
Absolutely, we can be right on prophecy and still be damned if we live in SIN.

So what really matters is 'Holiness without which no Man will see the LORD'.
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by seyibrown(f): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2011
Image123:

I find it very sickening when people who have achieved less than nothing for God begin to parade beautiful men of God as heretics. Are you omniscient? Do you have perfect knowledge of every thing? Do you have all the answers, or understand the Bible from cover to cover every verse? Scoffield may be wrong, he may be right. Let's see your own study bible or your own version and see your perfection. Discuss issues, not people.

Just curious, Image123; does anybody achieve anything for God?
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by Image123(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2011
Yes seyi. Like paul did a lot. Maybe i should put in the sense you might prefer i.e be used of God to do great things, happy? i want you to be
Re: Amazing Bible Facts: Scriptures Prove Pre-trib Secret Rapture False! by seyibrown(f): 1:53am On Mar 09, 2011
Image123:

Yes seyi. Like paul did a lot. Maybe i should put in the sense you might prefer i.e be used of God to do great things, happy? i want you to be

Better put, now. Nobody achieves anything for God. Thinking one has achieved anything for God looks like pride! Don't you agree? God does things through us. God enables us to do things for him. It's not by our own power, might or strength. Thanks for clarifying what you intended to pass across!

(1) (Reply)

A Message From Jesus To The World. A Must Read / The Only Ideal Church/ministry I Have Seen In Nigeria / Who Is A Man Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.