Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,533 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

I Was Scammed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Scammed (622 Views)

How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads / How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) / How I Was Scammed Of N2,000000 This Year January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Scammed by Drsnives(m): 8:00am On Oct 11, 2020
Good day frnds. Hope you are all cool.
I went out to work in case you don't know what I do presently I guess you should visit my earlier tread https://www.nairaland.com/6050018/after-nysc-want-buy-bike .
So I carried this young man one evening (7pm) and he was just directing me round and round the town I think he was looking for something but who cares na his billings dea pile up, finally he told mehe was looking for money for his sick mom. He narrated of how his mom is hospitalized n he has spent a lot on her, he talked of how he used to have money before and now that he's broke all his friends have abandoned him. He showed me a woman's pic on the sick bed and also pictures of himself when the going was good. Normally I didn't fall for the pictures of the cash he was flunting in the pics I saw, I only felt for the mom since someone's life is at stake here. He promised to give me the money the next day unfailingly and he even offered me the Samsung charger he was holding as a proof that he will definitely come back for his charger.
I asked him for the amount he needed and thank God that day I made 7k+. He collected my number cos I was with not my phone then.
On getting home I tried the charger n it wasn't working, the first red flag, there my moral went low, very very low, imagine all the suffering and risk for that day just went like that but I still had slim hope that he will call the next day, but my brothers n sisters uptill this very moment am yet to receive any call from him.
I know some peeps will call me mugu or maga but that's my nature, I can spend my last dime when it comes to health or can even borrow to help aslong as life is involved cos myself experienced something similar when I was sick the thing was not funny. Mind you this is not the first time, I keep falling for this cheap scam. I guess I should stop helping nor that I have much it's just normal hussling that am using to pay my bills and help my retired parents.
Should I continue helping or I should stop cos it's no longer funny?
Pls pardon my typos am not just happy

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 11, 2020
EYAAA Hard luck.
Re: I Was Scammed by Skyfornia(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2020
I feel your pain bro...continue helping as long as you can. God will reward you
Re: I Was Scammed by Freestainworld(m): 8:30am On Oct 11, 2020
Don't stop helping, but help wisely

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed by Onlinesmart: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2020
Drsnives:
I went out to work in case you don't know what I do presently I guess you should visit my earlier tread https://www.nairaland.com/6050018/after-nysc-want-buy-bike .
So I carried this young man one evening (7pm) and he was just directing me round and round the town I think he was looking for something but who cares na his billings dea pile up, finally he told mehe was looking for money for his sick mom. He narrated of how his mom is hospitalized n he has spent a lot on her, he talked of how he used to have money before and now that he's broke all his friends have abandoned him. He showed me a woman's pic on the sick bed and also pictures of himself when the going was good. Normally I didn't fall for the pictures of the cash he was flunting in the pics I saw, I only felt for the mom since someone's life is at stake here. He promised to give me the money the next day unfailingly and he even offered me the Samsung charger he was holding as a proof that he will definitely come back for his charger.
I asked him for the amount he needed and thank God that day I made 7k+. He collected my number cos I was with not my phone then.
On getting home I tried the charger n it wasn't working, the first red flag, there my moral went low, very very low, imagine all the suffering and risk for that day just went like that but I still had slim hope that he will call the next day, but my brothers n sisters uptill this very moment am yet to receive any call from him.
I know some peeps will call me mugu or maga but that's my nature, I can spend my last dime when it comes to health or can even borrow to help aslong as life is involved cos myself experienced something similar when I was sick the thing was not funny. Mind you this is not the first time, I keep falling for this cheap scam. I guess I should stop helping nor that I have much it's just normal hussling that am using to pay my bills and help my retired parents.

Lalasticlala
Dont stop helping. He will meet his waterloo. There's nothing under the sun that goes without a reward. That karma is very real brother. Karma may not come physically to you but somehow unexpected and it may even spread to other relatives. God isn't stupid. He will pay you back in folds, just be wise when helping next time.
Re: I Was Scammed by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2020
Drsnives:

Lalasticlala

I don't if I should laugh, or feel sorry for you or think that you are the confused one or what to make out of this....
You carried a stranger,he told you a story and you gave him money. I think you were even prepared to let the money go, as you explained yourself that you like to just help when it's someone who is sick.
Re: I Was Scammed by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2020
Mynd44:

You people won't learn until you lose all your money, savings
and even money you borrowed
words on the marble
Re: I Was Scammed by Drsnives(m): 9:53am On Oct 11, 2020
BetBuilder365:

I don't if I should laugh, or feel sorry for you or think that you are the confused one or what to make out of this....
You carried a stranger,he told you a story and you gave him money. I think you were even prepared to let the money go, as you explained yourself that you like to just help when it's someone who is sick.

My bad then. I guess i knlw what to do next time someonr comes for help
Re: I Was Scammed by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2020
Drsnives:

My bad then. I guess i knlw what to do next time someonr comes for help

If you want to help just do it and expect nothing in return especially from a stranger
Re: I Was Scammed by Drsnives(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2020
Skyfornia:
I feel your pain bro...continue helping as long as you can. God will reward you

Yes true... Its just because of God and tomorrow
Re: I Was Scammed by Drsnives(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2020
supportnija:
EYAAA Hard luck.

One of those challanges
Re: I Was Scammed by Drsnives(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2020
Freestainworld:
Don't stop helping, but help wisely

Noted. Thanks
Re: I Was Scammed by Drsnives(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Dont stop helping. He will meet his waterloo. There's nothing under the sun that goes without a reward. That karma is very real brother. Karma may not come physically to you but somehow unexpected and it may even spread to other relatives. God isn't stupid. He will pay you back in folds, just be wise when helping next time.

I sure will. Thanks brother
Re: I Was Scammed by Drsnives(m): 10:24am On Oct 11, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
words on the marble

I guess you've not found yourself in some akward situation that have no choice than to turn to a stranger

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Proposals And Emails Error-free With Grammarly / Fedral Fire Service And ECOWAS Job Offers For Sale / Pvc Resin Distributor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.