Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe (859 Views)

Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by truthmans2012: 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
Here are some Biblical verses many Christians overlook, and fail to ponder upon. Any Christian who believes in any other religion, which has no foundation in Christ Jesus is yet to know his/her God. What makes you a Christian is your firm belief in the Bible.

(1) John 14:6
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me

Jesus said he is the way and not one of the ways. If you believe him as a Christian, you will not see anyone who doesn't believe him as also being on God's side.
Muslims don't believe in this only way and go about seeking another way, which they are yet to get for thousands of years now and will never get because there is no other way to God.

They pray five times a day asking for the way but they have not been shown and cannot be shown the way as there is none other than Jesus. If they have been shown the way (the straight path), they would have ceased praying for it, not only everyday but as many as five times everyday. You don't pray everyday for what you have got.

"SHOW US THE STRAIGHT PATH,
The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray". (Quran 1:6-7)

That quranic verse points to the following facts:
(a) That Muslims themselves know they are not on the way (the straight path) and that is why they are seriously looking for it for more than a thousand years now.
(b) That the Islam they have been practicing is not the way, hence they are looking for another way. If Islam has been enough for them as a way, they would still not be praying for another way.
(c) The straight path (way) they are seeking is for those who have received favour and the fact that they have not been shown the path means muslims are yet to receive divine favour.
(c) Why they have not received the answer to their prayer for the straight path is because they are looking for what is already available but refused to follow.

(2) Mathew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This was spoken by Jesus himself. He said the Gospel shall be preached till the world will end. He never said Islam will come and replace the Gospel. Then, why would any Christian still see Islam as another way to our God?

(3) 1st Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Yet Muhammad laid a completely different foundation despite the warning by God's Spirit. He could not have been sent by our God.

(4) Galatians 1:6-9
6. I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7. which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!  9. As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

The Bible had warned not allow yourself to be confused by people, especially muslims to change your mind on the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. God knows an evil angel could come, pretending to be an angel of God and try to change the Gospel of Christ, hence the warning. The Bible says such an angel should be cursed. Years after, an angel they called Jubril came to do exactly what we have been warned about.

(5) In the finality,
Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

There is no salvation in any other person other than Jesus. In fact. Muslims don't talk about salvation, they talk about religion. Only Jesus can provide salvation, not a religion.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by Holumhidey(m): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
#endsars
Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by truthmans2012: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Holumhidey:
#endsars

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by Aldebaran(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
truthmans2012:
Here are some Biblical verses many Christians overlook, and fail to ponder upon. Any Christian who believe in any other religion, which has no foundation in Christ Jesus is yet to know his/her God. What makes you a Christian is your firm belief in the Bible.

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me

Jesus said he is the way and not one of the ways. If you believe him as a Christian, you will not see anyone who doesn't believe him as also being on God's side.
Muslims don't believe in this only way and go about seeking another way, which they are yet to get for thousands of years now and will never get because there is no other way to God.

They pray five times a day asking for the way but they have not been shown and cannot be shown the way as there is none other than Jesus. If they have been shown the way (the straight path), they would have ceased praying for it, not only everyday but as many as five times everyday. You don't pray everyday for what you have got.

The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray". (Quran 1:6-7)

(a) That Muslims themselves know they are not on the way (the straight path) and that is why they are seriously looking for it for more than a thousand years now.
(b) That the Islam they have been practicing is not the way, hence they are looking for another way. If Islam has been enough for them as a way, they would still not be praying for another way.
(c) The straight path (way) they are seeking is for those who have received favour and the fact that they have not been shown the path means muslims are yet to receive divine favour.
(c) Why they have not received the answer to their prayer for the straight path is because they are looking for what is already available but refused to follow.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This was spoken by Jesus himself. He said the Gospel shall be preached till the world will end. He never said Islam will come and replace the Gospel. Then, why would any Christian still see Islam as another way to our God?

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Yet Muhammad laid a completely different foundation despite the warning by God's Spirit. He could not have been sent by our God.

6. I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7. which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!  9. As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

The Bible had warned not allow yourself to be confused by people, especially muslims to change your mind on the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. God knows an evil angel could come, pretending to be an angel of God and try to change the Gospel of Christ, hence the warning. The Bible says such an angel should be cursed. Years after, an angel they called Jubril came to do exactly what we have been warned about.

(5) In the finality,
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

There is no salvation in any other person other than Jesus. In fact. Muslims don't talk about salvation, they talk about religion. Only Jesus can provide salvation, not a religion.

You said "Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe"

Why bring MUSLIMS and ISLAM into all the rubbish and quotes you took from your Bible?

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by amliftedhigher: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
Aldebaran:

Why bring MUSLIMS and ISLAM into all the rubbish and quotes you took from your Bible?
You are the rubbish post?

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by mhmsadyq(m): 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
[3:19]
"Truly, Islam is the only Din (Religion) in Allah’s sight. And the People of the Book disagreed, after knowledge had come to them, only on account of their mutual jealousy and contention. And he who denies Allah’s revelations, then surely Allah hastens in calling to account."

[3:20]
"(O Beloved!) If they, even then, dispute with you, say to them: ‘I have bowed my humble face in absolute submissiveness before the presence of Allah and so have those who follow me.’ And say to the People of the Book as well as the illiterate ones: ‘Do you also bow before Allah absolutely (i.e., do you accept Islam)?’ And, if they embrace submission, then they have truly achieved guidance. But if they turn away, your responsibility is only to deliver the command. And Allah is Watchful of His servants."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by haekymbahd(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
truthmans2012:
Here are some Biblical verses many Christians overlook, and fail to ponder upon. Any Christian who believe in any other religion, which has no foundation in Christ Jesus is yet to know his/her God. What makes you a Christian is your firm belief in the Bible.

(5) In the finality,

kindly explain the bolded in relation to your post?

John 16

26 At that time you will ask (pray) in My Name; and I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf

27 For the Father Himself [tenderly] loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came out from the Father.

As Muslims we love Jesus and also believe he was sent by God.

Even the father loves the Muslims...

Who was the way during time of Noah, Abraham, David, Moses because God himself never came directly he spoke through the prophets.

Also not everyone who follow Jesus or call on Jesus are on the right way.. so God is the absolute truth.

Allah SWT said:

"That is because Allah is the Truth, and that which they call upon other than Him is falsehood, and because Allah is the Most High, the Grand."
(QS. Al-Hajj 22: Verse 62)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com
Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by truthmans2012: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2020
haekymbahd:
kindly explain this in relation to your post?

John 16

26 At that time you will ask (pray) in My Name; and I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf

27 For the Father Himself [tenderly] loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came out from the Father.

As Muslims we love Jesus and also believe he was sent by God.

Even the father loves the Muslims...

Who was the way during time of Noah, Abraham, David, Moses because God himself never came directly he spoke through the prophets.

Also not everyone who follow Jesus or call on Jesus are on the right way.. so God is the absolute truth.

Allah SWT said:

"That is because Allah is the Truth, and that which they call upon other than Him is falsehood, and because Allah is the Most High, the Grand."
(QS. Al-Hajj 22: Verse 62)

Even the Father loves the muslims?

Which Farher are you talking about as Allah is not a Father because he doesn't beget neither is he begotten?

Can you answer this question?

1. Why are muslims praying to find the straight path and didn't find?
Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by truthmans2012: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
Aldebaran:

I brought Islam into it because if all Christians truly believe those cited Biblical verses, they will not see Islam as another religion from the true God.
Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by Tochj(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
Everytime God intends to wrought his work of salvation he provides only one way of escape.
No other.
When he saved Lot, He shew him a mountain.
That was only way.
Noah's ark was only way in his time.
When Jericho was destroyed,Rahabs house with a scalet rope was it.infact the spies told the woman that anyone not found in the house is on his own.
Jesus is the only way.
The is a definite noun
No other.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by haekymbahd(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
truthmans2012:

Even the Father loves the muslims?

Which Farher are you talking about as Allah is not a Father because he doesn't beget neither is he begotten?

Can you answer this question?

1. Why are muslims praying to find the straight path and didn't find?

Allah SWT said:

"So whoever Allah wants to guide - He expands his breast to [contain] Islam; and whoever He wants to misguide - He makes his breast tight and constricted as though he were climbing into the sky. Thus does Allah place defilement upon those who do not believe."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 125)

"And this is the path of your Lord, [leading] straight. We have detailed the verses for a people who remember."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 126)

Muslims are already on the right path and Satan is the common enemy trying to derail humans from the right path so I don't see any problem if Muslims pray to Allah to keep them on the straight path and not let their heart deviate like what happened to the people of the scriptures. And for Allah to prevent us from falling for tricks of Satan and make us die as Muslims.
Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by truthmans2012: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
haekymbahd:
Allah SWT said:

"So whoever Allah wants to guide - He expands his breast to [contain] Islam; and whoever He wants to misguide - He makes his breast tight and constricted as though he were climbing into the sky. Thus does Allah place defilement upon those who do not believe."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 125)

"And this is the path of your Lord, [leading] straight. We have detailed the verses for a people who remember."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 126)

Muslims are already on the right path and Satan is the common enemy trying to derail humans from the right path so I don't see any problem if Muslims pray to Allah to keep them on the straight path and not let their heart deviate like what happened to the people of the scriptures. And for Allah to prevent us from falling for tricks of Satan and make us die as Muslims.

Muslims don't pray for Allah to KEEP them on the straight path, they pray for Allah to SHOW them the straight path. This prayer remains unanswered for more than a thousand years as they keep praying so five times a day.

SHOW US THE STRAIGHT PATH,
Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by haekymbahd(m): 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
truthmans2012:

Muslims don't pray for Allah to KEEP them on the straight path, they pray for Allah to SHOW them the straight path. This prayer remains unanswered for more than a thousand years as they keep praying so five times a day.

SHOW US THE STRAIGHT PATH,
i don't know about you but my own prayer was answered and still being answered and I am certain that Islam is the right path for me yet I still pray everyday for Allah to show me the way.

It amuses me when Christians says Christianity is relationship with God and that Islam is only a religion.

To me I have a relationship with Allah also I pray 5 times daily Allah is always with me and he is my guide.

Allah SWT said:

"Say, Indeed, my Lord has guided me to a straight path - a correct religion - the way of Abraham, inclining toward truth. And he was not among those who associated others with Allah."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 161)

"Say, Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 162)

"Say, Is it other than Allah I should desire as a lord while He is the Lord of all things? And every soul earns not [blame] except against itself, and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you concerning that over which you used to differ."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 164)

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by truthmans2012: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2020
haekymbahd:
i don't know about you but my own prayer was answered and still being answered and I am certain that Islam is the right path for me yet I still pray everyday for Allah to show me the way.

It amuses me when Christians says Christianity is relationship with God and that Islam is only a religion.

To me I have a relationship with Allah also I pray 5 times daily Allah is always with me and he is my guide.

Allah SWT said:

"Say, Indeed, my Lord has guided me to a straight path - a correct religion - the way of Abraham, inclining toward truth. And he was not among those who associated others with Allah."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 161)

"Say, Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 162)

"Say, Is it other than Allah I should desire as a lord while He is the Lord of all things? And every soul earns not [blame] except against itself, and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you concerning that over which you used to differ."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 164)

Do you ask people for the way to your village or town? Why, because you already know it. But when you ask people to show you the way to your village when you already know it, something must be wrong somewhere. If you know the way to your god and you keep asking five times a day, something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by haekymbahdx: 1:18am On Oct 13, 2020
truthmans2012:

Do you ask people for the way to your village or town? Why, because you already know it. But when you ask people to show you the way to your village when you already know it, something must be wrong somewhere. If you know the way to your god and you keep asking five times a day, something is wrong somewhere.
Guide us to the straight path -"
(QS. Al-Faatiha 1: Verse 6)

"The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray."
(QS. Al-Faatiha 1: Verse 7)

Allah has shown us the way already through (Prophets, Quran). we pray everyday for him to guide us on the straight so our hearts won't deviate from the straight path so we don't go astray like those who received the earlier scriptures.

Allah SWT said:

"Did I not enjoin upon you, O children of Adam, that you not worship Satan - [for] indeed, he is to you a clear enemy -"
(QS. Yaseen 36: Verse 60)

"And that you worship [only] Me? This is a straight path."
(QS. Yaseen 36: Verse 61)

"And he had already led astray from among you much of creation, so did you not use reason?"
(QS. Yaseen 36: Verse 62)

"And We did not give Prophet Muhammad, knowledge of poetry, nor is it befitting for him. It is not but a message and a clear Qur'an"
(QS. Yaseen 36: Verse 69)

"To warn whoever is alive and justify the word against the disbelievers."
(QS. Yaseen 36: Verse 70)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by Chiemeziejohn(m): 1:28am On Oct 13, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] Nice post but its all revelation, The best spiritual eyes opener

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Verses Many Christians Don't Believe by truthmans2012: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Catholics Celebrate Mass Today At Lekki Toll Gate @ #endsars (live Video) / Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. / Wednesday Of The Second Week Of Easter - April 19, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.