Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? (1029 Views)

Is It Bad To Date My Sister's House Help? / Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Chigo247(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
What do you think ?
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by virginprincess(f): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
It is bad very bad, infact very shameful.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by thesicilian: 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
Until you get to 35yrs and become a regular visitor to Shiloh...

11 Likes

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
Proposals have become a social construct.

This means society made it to be that way - a man proposing instead of a woman.

If a woman proposes, it is not bad but only out of place in our social setting. Really, it is not something to be heavily worried about.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by virginprincess(f): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
thesicilian:

Until you get to 35yrs and become a regular visitor to Shiloh...
Have you seen it anywhere in this nigeria, where a lady propose to a man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by WrittyWritter(f): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:

Yes oo..I have seen oo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by WrittyWritter(f): 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
Chigo247:
What do you think ?

There is nothing wrong in it..In fact I think it is very romantic.. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by virginprincess(f): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
WrittyWritter:

Yes oo..I have seen oo
Pls tell me o, i want to know how she did it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by baralatie(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
so she says it like this " segun ! will you marry me ?"

that is segun has the power to reject or accept.it is one odd situation if it was segun that has been texting and wooing the lady.
it kills off the relationship some how

3 Likes

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by thesicilian: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
Two of my friends got married that way, of course it's not for social media. It's actually not a bad idea if you think about it: you have a guy that loves you and you love him too. Why not take your chances? The worst that can happen is he tells you know and you find your way. It even saves you time in case he's just stringing you along till he meets someone better.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DenreleDave(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
Rubbish thread.... Out of everything going on in Nigeria... U r bothered abt proposing to a girl.. Don't worry, till govt begin to charge fee b4 proposing to lady, then una go get sense

grin

As we dey try to end Sars

We should also be looking for a way to end this Buhari regime.

Imagine I wanted to buy sachet tomato of 50 today they told me it's now is 100..i was madlya shocked....

#ENDSARS

#endbubuhaaaari regime

Sachet tomato now ranges from 50 naira to 200 ooooo... Nigerians pls let's come out oooo.. Not all of us are rich like celebrities and many other rich people ooooo.. We are just struggling to survive...

Pls let us come out ooo... I can't afford a sachet of tomato dt is 50 turned 100, 150, 200 oooooo..

Save this nation from this evil govt regime ooo

4 Likes

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by baralatie(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
thesicilian:

Two of my friends got married that way, of course it's not for social media. It's actually not a bad idea if you think about it: you have a guy that loves you and you love him too. Why not take your chances? The worst that can happen is he tells you know and you find your way. It even saves you time in case he's just stringing you along till he meets someone better.
not for social media?
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by thesicilian: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
baralatie:

not for social media?
As in its not all those public Instagram, Twitter proposals...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by baralatie(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
thesicilian:
As in its not all those public Instagram, Twitter proposals...
okay
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by WrittyWritter(f): 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
Pls tell me o, i want to know how she did it.

How do guys it ...With a ring cool
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by virginprincess(f): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
thesicilian:

Did they direct propose to the guys with rings.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
in Nigeria it's wrong but only in Nigeria, in Asia women propose to the guys they are like that are too shy to propose
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by baralatie(m): 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
Tabasco23:
in Nigeria it's wrong but only in Nigeria, in Asia women propose to the guys they are like that are too shy to propose
that is the catch .there is already that initial show of proposing to the girl in the first place.
the boyfriend in question is in limbo as to how to go about it and as such the girlfriend has gotten wind about it.

which leaves us back to where it started proposing is literally a man's thing
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by eazzzy1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
There is nothing wrong with women proposing to men. However, will a woman be able to take the shame of her boyfriend saying NO? Most women once they get to age 23 and have a serious relationship are ready to get married, Men know the timing of a woman’s readiness.

On the other hand how will a woman know a guy is ready to settle? It’s far more difficult to estimate a guy’s ready time. So most proposals will end in a NO.

Women already ‘propose’ to men by asking us the ‘when are we getting married’ question, ‘I’m not getting younger’ statement or constantly bugging us to go see their parents etc. Adding going down on one kneel to this makes them come off as desperate.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
Answer : No
But it won't happen here in 9ja
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by JOACHINpedro: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
Pls change your mentality.
Proposing to a man you've built something with, a man you've made your best friend is not a bad thing but I recommend you kneel dow....

But Op wait o, come to think of it , it's actually women suppose dy propose.
Abi I lie??
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Jamixlee: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Please guys help me subscribe to my channel

SUBSCRIPTION IS FREE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCj_PGEBAw_eDI_I06YzkWA?view_as=subscriber/?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by baralatie(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
eazzzy1:
There is nothing wrong with women proposing to men. However, will a woman be able to take the shame of her boyfriend saying NO? Most women once they get to age 23 and have a serious relationship are ready to get married, Men know the timing of a woman’s readiness.

On the other hand how will a woman know a guy is ready to settle? It’s far more difficult to estimate a guy’s ready time. So most proposals will end in a NO.

Women already ‘propose’ to men by asking us the ‘when are we getting married’ question, ‘I’m not getting younger’ statement or constantly bugging us to go see their parents etc. Adding going down on one kneel to this makes them come off as desperate.
exactly
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by virginprincess(f): 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
JOACHINpedro:

Pls change your mentality.
Proposing to a man you've built something with, a man you've made your best friend is not a bad thing but I recommend you kneel dow....

But Op wait o, come to think of it , it's actually women suppose dy propose.
Abi I lie??
God has ordained man to be the head, from begining men has alwaysbe the ones proposing, so why should it change now.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Liposure: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
Not like women can't propose but Culture made it mandatory for men to do the honors.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by CaptMarvel(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
God has ordained man to be the head, from begining men has alwaysbe the ones proposing, so why should it change now.
when you get out of the grid of this damn country and traditions you will understand better.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by virginprincess(f): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
CaptMarvel:
when you get out of the grid of this damn country and traditions you will understand better.
We are not whites for crying out loud, we are AFRICANS, we should stop imitating the whites, we have our own tradition.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by CaptMarvel(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
We are not whites for crying out loud, we are AFRICANS, we should stop imitating the whites, we have our own tradition.
why not then use your own civilization and technology!
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by JOACHINpedro: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
But our ladies feel it's inequality for men to be the head.
Sorry dear, your gender started playing politics with nature and the world started adjusting to maintain balance.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by thesicilian: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
virginprincess:
Did they direct propose to the guys with rings.
Sort of. The first one bought rings and gave the guy to give her after he accepted the proposal, while the second lady just went down on one knee and asked the guy to marry her. They bought rings some days later.
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Emmizay12(m): 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
As a hustling 25yr old man, you live in a one room rented apartment,,,, you just got paid 10k as salary for working as sales rep,,, acct bal 18k,, then one mgbeke come propose to you,,

Shey she go pay bride price ni

Come foot traditional/white wedding

Last last after one year pikin drop,,

Shey she go rent bigger house for una

Bros reason am.... grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by baralatie(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
Emmizay12:
As a hustling 25yr old man, you live in a one room rented apartment,,,, you just got paid 10k as salary for working as sales rep,,, acct bal 18k,, then one mgbeke come propose to you,,

Shey she go pay bride price ni

Come foot traditional/white wedding

Last last after one year pikin drop,,

Shey she go rent bigger house for una

Bros reason am.... grin
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mouth And Body Odour Experience From The Opposite Sex / The Pictures Of Two Mind!!! / Lord Your Daughter Are Overcharging Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.