Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) (60351 Views)

Arrest Shi’ite Leaders Nationwide - IGP Mohammed Adamu Orders / Fatoyinbo Vs Dakolos: IGP Mohammed Adamu Orders Case Transfer To Lagos / IGP Obeys Osinbajo's Directive, Orders Immediate Overhaul Of SARS Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
blacknp:
where is the balance end sars increase armed robbery? least we forget, not all animals deserve freedom, very soon we will hear the rate of insecurity has quadrupled.

I have said these more than once here, sars is not the only division curbing criminal activities or robbery. we have rapid reponse & other units more ever officer are to re deployed to other units that will rehabilitate & keep them focus to there primary duties.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
6sco:
Hnd / Bsc should be the certificate required to wield arms as an officer in the Nigerian police force going forward. Ond, Ssce and co should be given baton, whistle nd bicyle.
it wont solve it.Undergraduates in the university that involve themselves in violent cultism and kill each other over petty issues nko? i believe a way to solve it if any officer wants to be admitted into any special tactic unit a psychologic evaluation should be done on the person.The NPF needs clinical psychologists in its force.Thats one of the reforms they should do.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by chymeze: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
I just dey laugh in Greek at all of you celebrating this! You guys are still novices in the game. Has this Buhari govt ever given you something good without taking it back in another way or form? For instance, increasing the minimum wage while at the same time increasing VAT, taxes, electricity tariffs and fuel price. These alone made the minimum wage increase total rubbish. So now that SARS has been disbanded, just expect a rebranding of the same criminal elements into another form or name. SARS has only been disbanded in name, not in content or purpose.
Treasure7515:
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, in a press conference held October 11, 2020, has announced the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

The IGP says officers captured under the special police unit, SARS, will now be deployed for other purposes and a new anti-robbery squad with the same objectives as SARS to be named later.

Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa8OGKJ_z7I
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by blacknp(m): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
MLTR:

I have said these more than once here, sars is not the only division curbing criminal activities or robbery. we have rapid reponse & other units more ever officer are to re deployed to other units that will rehabilitate & keep them focus to there primary duties.
Nigerians are known for abuse of power & office, rapid response & other units of the Babylonians are the same as sars, no difference, they will still go back to the police station they are attached to, & share the proceeds with the dpo.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by francisbiz: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
SmartProf:
A United voice of reason cannot be defeated. This is Victory for sane Nigerians and shame for sellouts who for peanuts sell their conscience to slavery and perpetual sufferings.
Like madam Loretta onochie

1 Like

Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by johnaruson(m): 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
Don't rename SARS, don't cluster them in any known unit. SARS in Port Harcourt do weekly contribute to one person in the tune of above 2 million naira per week. Control them from joining armed robbery gang.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by blacknp(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
chymeze:
I just dey laugh in Greek at all of you celebrating this! You guys are still novices in the game. Has this Buhari govt ever given you something good without taking it back in another way or form? For instance, increasing the minimum wage while at the same time increasing VAT, taxes, electricity tariffs and fuel price. These alone made the minimum wage increase total rubbish. So now that SARS has been disbanded, just expect a rebranding of the same criminal elements into another form or name. SARS has only been disbanded in name, not in content or purpose.
My Guy fuel hike & Electricity tariffs are private sector initiatives, all you are doing is crying for the Federal Government to stop your peers from charging you more, you called it privatization, mind you The States & Local Government collect 70% VAT money, has nothing to do with the FG?
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by johnaruson(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
Don't rename SARS, don't cluster them in any known unit. SARS in Port Harcourt do weekly contribute to one person in the tune of above 2 million naira per week. Control them from being idle gang.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by ceejay80s(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
dem resolve wetin?
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by pacespot(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
You should never underrate the power of social media and other information carriers in the hands of public these days. Kudos to Nigerian youths for the united front they put together on this, even though some demented few in the North tried to wane down on the momentum of the campaign with the use of hashtag #ProSARS. And of blessed memories to those who lost their lives in the process. We should stand still and wait for how the new anti-robbery unit is incorporated into the system.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by pacespot(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
You should never underrate the power of social media and other information carriers in the hands of public these days. Kudos to Nigerian youths for the united front they put together on this one, even though some demented few in the North tried to wane down on the momentum of the campaign with the use of hashtag #ProSARS. And of blessed memories to those who lost their lives in the process. We should stand still and wait out how the new anti-robbery unit is incorporated into the system.

And finally, kudos to the IG for listening to the people quickly and for not allowing the protest to decend into further bloodshed before they react.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by lafiask: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
DenreleDave:
Ok
Next agenda
Sachet tomato paste of 50 naira is now btw 100 to 200..

Lets continue to protest

correct point, I was very annoyed when I was told that Gino is now 80. haba!!!!
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
blacknp:
Nigerians are known for abuse of power & office, rapid response & other units of the Babylonians are the same as sars, no difference, they will still go back to the police station they are attached to, & share the proceeds with the dpo.

You can be our archive of history, buh for now we celebrate the moment. there is power in one voice, nigerians should never 4get that.
All grammar and no action is why nigeria is still crawling @60.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by bamac(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
With packages 2 weeks ago on bike, as I saw the men in black upfront I knew I will answer question(s)... As I approached them I heard, "wetin dey inside those cartons?"

I just showed them the *Jumia* side of one carton and became free... To them everyone is into crime...

But please, let's channel that energy towards a better government, e jo nitori Olorun, things are too expensive for everyone which isn't making us to see the impact of our hustling �
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by babsthegreat: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Treasure7515:
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, in a press conference held October 11, 2020, has announced the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

The IGP says officers captured under the special police unit, SARS, will now be deployed for other purposes and a new anti-robbery squad with the same objectives as SARS to be named later.

Watch the video below

This is a very good development.Weldone IG
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
dalass:

Exactly!

Their above the law attitude no be for here grin
Ya. Cuz it's same guys dey reassigned to other units o... I hope it's not only the name SARS that have been ban o

1 Like

Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
jrusky:

Not only Psychological evalution alone but mental evaluation.

I hate those bastards with passion.

Good move IGP. At least people will rest now, more life will be be safe.

SARS gone and forever gone.
Ya. it's same guys dey reassigned to other units . I hope it's not only the name SARS that have been ban o
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
golddare:

They will be scattered and posted out, meaning they will under the command of a DPO etc, that will definitely limit their gangsterims. They have been behaving anyhow because they are not answerable to even the CP.
Better o

1 Like

Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
mek224:
These guys(SARS )need to be sacked.I am disaapointed at the IG, he shold come up with a well refined anti robery unit and not POS carrying gunmen with federal badge
Ya. it's same guys dey reassigned to other units . I hope it's not only the name SARS that have been ban o
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Makschinchin:

Good?? I just hope so.. The IGP mentioned that another group will be created.. What do I see here.. SARS with another name... I just hope they'll be reformed and do better than before o in Jesus' Name, Amen
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
olungwa:
Correct moves IG kudos for you. Just sack all of them from Nigeria Police force because the corrupt blood is still in them. Let them come and face the labour market.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
aspiring44:

You are very correct.

But the thing is what is the essence of graduate that studied sociology , psychology, criminology ,
Philosophy , forensic analysis and they never with the police force .

Nonsense federal character is used instead of merit or influences from the elite.

So, we are simply In a vicious Circle

1 Like

Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by cinoedhunter: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

what will happen to sars boys? and the atrocities they commit
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Earnonline7: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
Talk Ian cheap enforce it
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by sayisayi(m): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2020
Waste of time. This is a revolution palliative. The are scared of the people tasting the fruit of collective activism.

They want to shut down national protests as they are scared of the demands changing to regime change and real freedom.

Do not give up....
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
They should now be redeployed to the locations of the bokoharams terrorists.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Vulcan24(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
Good move, and a welcome development!

Those shouting reform can go camp at Louis edet house to discuss and formulate the Reformation agenda

Those of us that #endsars will wait to scrap another nonsense they may wanto dole out

Awon reform gang ..... Over to you
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Vulcan24(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
pacespot:
You should never underrate the power of social media and other information carriers in the hands of public these days. Kudos to Nigerian youths for the united front they put together on this, even though some demented few in the North tried to wane down on the momentum of the campaign with the use of hashtag #ProSARS. And of blessed memories to those who lost their lives in the process. We should stand still and wait for how the new anti-robbery unit is incorporated into the system.

Awon werey reformsars nko?

Police force ig sef need reform and those mumu dey chirp to reform and institution that will request for 20bn and 8years to achieve reforms

Scrap their nonsense agenda or unit let them continue to try untill they understand that their job is to protect and to serve and not otherwise
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by NNAMDIII(m): 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
Smokes
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by colestephan86: 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
Treasure7515:

Watch the video below

This IG has faced serious challenge of all the IGs in this country
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by Freelance363: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
if Nigerians employ the same oneness in fighting other sectors,maybe this country will stand a chance at being good again.
Re: IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) by themanderon: 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
But wait ohh......,.If these guys are disbanded will they not be deplored to another unit to continue their nefarious and criminal tendencies? Or will they thrown out of the force completely?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.