Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won (37831 Views)

PDP's Infighting, Naira Rain, Incumbency Factor, Tinubu Reasons APC Won In Ekiti / Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse / Incumbency Didn’t Save Jonathan, It Won’t Save Obaseki In Edo Election – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by slivertongue: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
well he won
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
dre11:

THE CABLE
Igbo's in ondo state supported the first lady of ondo state please add that is very important cheesy
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by joefelin2345: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
KoleDgreat2020:
you omitted the important thing...Aketi did very well in his first tenure.. forget all those propagandist. his achievement is there for all to see
Good one then. Just hope he shall try more for the people this time around as most Governors perform very poorly after their first term since they knew that they are not coming back e.g. Late Isiaka Ajimobi (Mr Constituted Authority) of Oyo State. I congratulate Aketi for this deserved victory.

2 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by King44(m): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
Karleb:
Forget that power of incumbency, Mimiko flogged Agagu, an incumbent governor.

PDP simply didn't pull enough crowd, they didn't appeal to people.

The most important reason he won was because while others were sharing 1k, 1k5, my guy was sharing 3k.

Funny thing is, na everyone of us go vomit the money one way or the other.

Kai!

I heard ZLP was busy sharing #500 while APC 6k 2k 5k straight, money election.
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Ayemileto(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
Karleb:

The most important reason he won was because while others were sharing 1k, 1k5, my guy was sharing 3k.

Kai!

Na 7k APC share in my unit o while PDP shared 1k. The move was later resisted though.
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by LukasPodolski: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:
When I told them that Ondo is not Edo!

Edo people get sense but you see those people from cocoa farm, termite don chop their brain finish, Na only dobaale and owomida them sabi cry

Yoruba land remains Yoruba land, they are not ready for anything positive change.

Godfatherism , owomida and agberoism have finished Yorubas.

Incumbents never lose election in Yoruba land because of dobaale and owomida, and remember their god Tinubu is also involved.

Sorry Mazi Jegede, you didn't know your people before contesting undecided
hmmm, I can recall this moniker when Susan Coker subtly insulted the senseless igbos on her FB group.

you were part of the guys calling for her FB page to be taken down, you iterated why tribal insults should not be promoted.

what are you doing now?

so it's wrong for the Ondo people to vote for the candidate of their choice?
so it's right for Edo to vote for their preferred iii candidate whilst it's wrong for Ondo people to do the same?

has Rant HQT been taken down?

Oga oo

5 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Pavillon: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:

Edo people get sense but you see those people from cocoa farm, termite don chop their brain finish, Na only dobaale and owomida them sabi cry

Yoruba land remains Yoruba land, they are not ready for anything positive change.

Incumbents never lose election in Yoruba land because of dobaale and owomida, and remember their god Tinubu is also involved.

You see this "Edo no be this or that* mantra you want to sell to lagosians come 2023 will not work....
It's becoming stale already even before the election.

5 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by rajiedreez: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Votes counted few weeks ago

Power of incumbency wasn't at play in Edo

Edo was the freest election we've had in Nigeria

Kudos to Buhari for letting peoples votes count

Godfatherism was defeated in Edo

Nigerians have learnt and will repeat it in ondo

Over 30k police people were not intimidated

Inec did a very great job

Fast forward few weeks

Everything becomes opposite

I'm not any parties apologist but we're yet to learn in this country as far as I'm concern, the 3 leading candidates do not deserve the post but what can we do when others do not have the capacity to pull any reasonable opposition off.

And any one that celebrated Edo and is complaining about Ondo is in self doubt.

The same Obaseki the PDP worked against four years ago is now the golden son likewise Ize-Iyanmu to APC. The both of them changed party and we run foolishly behind them claiming that APC was unfair to Obaseki, but wait, was Obaseki fair to Edo indigene .
How developed is the state during his first tenure? I'm asking because I don't stay in Edo. Did he bring a massive change to the state or otherwise. If he's done a grate job then kudos to him but if otherwise I believe this is just the beginning.

In Ondo one of the people against Akeredolu are students, they are against him for increasing their school fees and promising not to reverse the price, but why are others for him. Could it be because they felt he was betrayed by his deputy or just out of pity or he truly deserved another term in office. Na Go know that one.

But my own take is that neither APC, PDP, ZLP AD or what ever party we have now has the solutions to, or are willing to solve our problems.
Anyone or party willing to solve our problems will vie for a small post so as to show the masses that there's nothing as a post too small in politics to give us the change we desire.
If a councilor of a party exceed our expectations, he's giving his party an advantage in the next election not only himself

2 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by SirBunky85(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:

stupid submission from an uninformed ass.can u compare aketis performance to that of Ikpeazu of Abia?you hypocrites hail Dickson who did absolutely nothing with the huge federal allocations given to bayelsa state but would be the silly first to attack any southwestern governor.

1 Like

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by shankara7: 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
Congratulations to my great in-law
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by femlad97(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:

Yoruba land remains Yoruba land, they are not ready for anything positive change

Godfatherism , owomida and agberoism have finished Yorubas.is

you must be a fool and illiterate for saying this......both obeseki of edo and Aketi are going for second terms.....no different between both....let be guided both from a corrupt political that put Nigerians in this situation we are in..... meanwhile I see you are one of illiterate citizens fool by politics....Is obeseki while in APC different from obeseki in PDP.....does change of party change a man..... ondo no be edo...wetin edo get
#ondo na lagos

2 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Born2Breed(f): 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
6. AKETI DISTANCING HIMSELF FROM TINUBU
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by basty: 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
These IBO guys are daft and naive of reality in Nigerian politics.
Obaseki won in Edo, they said democracy at play Ambode is a fool, Jonathan is a hero for conceding defeat just like Ambode.
Now Akeredolu won, Yoruba don't know anything as they have been bought.
What is IBO's problems with the southwest? Why can't IBO's stay and salvage their land?
Any IBO putting their mouth in Yoruba affairs will have himself to blame.

1 Like

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Tareq1105: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
Karleb:

Kai!

You must be in severe pains.
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Horlhamhi(f): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
To those that sold their votes during #OndoDecides2020 election, be ready to spend the money for the next 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by ThatFairGuy1: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
[s]
oluseyiforjesus:
If Aketi- didn't use money even ZLP would HV come b4 him

Ondo Pple have collected 10k,7k,5k they will spend for d next 4 yes

Dos of u dat sold ur vote pls use d money wisely invest it well too cos ds 4 yrs ahead ehhhhh
[/s]
Bin content
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by pat077: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:

can u mention a state in the south-south that an incumbent lost an election?

3 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by adewumimayowa: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:

I doubt there's any other geopolitical zone in Nigeria where incumbents have lost election as much as it has happened in the south West!
Baba Akande Oyinlola both lost election ac incumbents in Osun
Adeniyi Adebayo and Kayode Fayemi lost elections as incumbents in ekiti

Lam Adesina and Alao Akala lost elections as incumbents in Oyo state

Segun Osoba lost election as incumbent in ogun state

Baba adefarati and Segun Agagu lost election as incumbent in Ondo state!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Giwoni: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
Karleb:

Kai!

and you think 3k is enough to sell your vote? Corrupt generation indeed. May God have mercy on mankind because there are many Esau in this Nigeria!!! tongue embarassed
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Thereishel: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
KoleDgreat2020:
you omitted the important thing...Aketi did very well in his first tenure.. forget all those propagandist. his achievement is there for all to see

Did well for elites not for masses woth hike in school fees and increase in health cost what did he do. He used money to buy votes.

1 Like

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by malomo26582: 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
To those that sold their ballots during #OndoDecides2020 reelection, be preparation to spend the funds for the coming 4 decades.

1 Like

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by stealmatic(m): 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
dre11:

THE CABLE
u people and stories,bad loosers them,so when PDP won Edo state it's not power of incumbency but cucumber abi,PDP should learn how to accept defeat, democracy is in danger now that APC has won now

1 Like

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Topmaike007(m): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:

you saying trash so because it's Apc it's now godfatherism and owomida what about Abia that have one of the bad road in this nation, you dumbass nigga voted him in because he is pdp candidate..

And for your point of correction I went to Afikpo to Bury my grandmother my Car Exhaust got spoilt because of the state of the roads and you guys keep on voting your pdp in for doing nothing..

Come down to ondo and see roads for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Topmaike007(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
malomo26582:
To those that sold their ballots during #OndoDecides2020 reelection, be preparation to spend the funds for the coming 4 decades.
taa stop disgracing yourself on public forum..

If reverse was the case will you be saying this trash..

2 Likes

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Liposure: 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ondo people have spoken
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by saintmm(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
humilitypays:

oga easy o. if you do a careful analysis of edo election, you will discover that incumbency helped obaseki a lot, also the central apc removed their support for ize iyamu while a good number of apc state structure worked against ize iyamu due to incubency factor that cut deals with them.
BTW, apart from Oyo state, Lam adesina Rasidi Ladoja Alao Akala and once in imo state, ikedi ohakim, anambra chinwoke mbadinuju and recently, adamawa, Bauchi, mention any other state that incubency has not won!

1 Like

Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by ofiko123(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
Akeredolu has won..congratulations to him..let us move on..
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Okoroawusa: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
Now I believe truly that PDP are bad losers.
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by ModestGal(f): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
Lol, this is why I don't pity poor Nigerians, they have sold their future for 3k,later they will still be complaining
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by Bimpe29: 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
It's actually impossible to unseat an incumbent Governor in Nigeria particularly if such Governor enjoys federal might.

Congratulations to Aketi!
Re: Power Of Incumbency, Naira Rain — Five Reasons Akeredolu Won by newisd75: 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
electronic voting system should b d best 4 nigeria where more people can vote & d problem of vote buying reduced

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko / Mahmud Mohammed Will Swear In Buhari Tomorrow / Governor Obaseki Wins Certificate Forgery Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.