Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! (4325 Views)

Acura Type-s, Successor To The Acura TLX Sedan, Unveiled - Photos / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unveils With Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
I don't like to talk to much about speed when assessing a car cuz I know speed kills but it has to get to a point where you just have to say how you feel about something that you think is exceptionally brilliant.

I bought my Acura TL 2012 about 7 months ago, even though I did a lot of research before finally dropping the money, I didn't expect that I'll enjoy this much peace of mind and joy when driving this machine.

Apart from all the amazing features that comes with TL 2012, The most fascinating to me is the sport mode coupled with the manual shift gears that is carefully placed in the steering area.

God that thing is bae! I don't even bother if a car is trying to drag race me anymore, I just let them go cuz I know if I want to, all I need to do is switch to sport mode and engage my manual gears! grin

I don't know how Acura did it and how they made it so perfect but they sure did it! I'm sure everybody that drives that car will testify to this too.

Now this brings me to the question I have. ARE THERE NEGATIVE EFFECTS TO USING THIS MANUAL GEARS?

If you also drive this car and you have more experience with it. I'd like to know what you think.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by naijadrivablog: 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
Oga, enjoy your "sports car".

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Oga, enjoy your "sports car".
Ah, no be fight now

4 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Mokelu: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Ah, no be fight now

Lool
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nurey(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
I don't like to talk to much about speed when assessing a car cuz I know speed kills but it has to get to a point where you just have to say how you feel about something that you think is exceptionally brilliant.

I bought my Acura TL 2012 about 7 months ago, even though I did a lot of research before finally dropping the money, I didn't expect that I'll enjoy this much peace of mind and joy when driving this machine.

Apart from all the amazing features that comes with TL 2012, The most fascinating to me is the sport mode coupled with the manual shift gears that is carefully placed in the steering area.

God that thing is bae! I don't even bother if a car is trying to drag race me anymore, I just let them go cuz I know if I want to, all I need to do is switch to sport mode and engage my manual gears! grin

I don't know how Acura did it and how they made it so perfect but they sure did it! I'm sure everybody that drives that car will testify to this too.

Now this brings me to the question I have. ARE THERE NEGATIVE EFFECTS TO USING THIS MANUAL GEARS?

If you also drive this car and you have more experience with it. I'd like to know what you think.

Those are paddle shifters nah, for quickly engaging the next gear or reducing your gear selection bypassing the TCM or manufacturer designed change time. Your TL is a 3.5L V6 with 3xxhp, I hope you weren't challenging the likes of Corolla and Camry?

Any way a G37 infiniti of same year would whip your butt over and over again. grin

13 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
nurey:

Those are paddle shifters nah, for quickly engaging the next gear or reducing your gear selection bypassing the TCM or manufacturer designed change time. Your TL is a 3.5L V6 with 3xxhp, I hope you weren't challenging the likes of Corolla and Camry?

Any way a G37 infiniti of same year would whip your butt over and over again. grin
Bro, I whip all butts when I drive. It's not about the car you drive. It's about the person behind the wheel and your understanding of your machine. I conquer the road whenever I want to. Corolla kini? Is that a car? Lol

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nurey(m): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Bro, I whip all butts when I drive. It's not about the car you drive. It's about the person behind the will and your understanding of your machine. I conquer the road whenever I want to. Corolla kini? Is that a car? Lol

you talk too much and that's because you never see better challenger.

when I am in Lagos, I will give you a good come to daddy whipping with my 280hp Nissan 350z manual transmission grin

for now enjoy your victory over Camry and Corolla

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
nurey:

you talk too much and that's because you never see better challenger.

when I am in Lagos, I will give you a good come to daddy whipping with my 280hp Nissan 350z manual transmission grin

for now enjoy your victory over Camry and Corolla
280hp. � My car is 305hp @ 6,300 rpm. I can't wait. Let's race at night, clear road. Fast and furious style lol
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by kingreign(m): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

280hp. � My car is 305hp @ 6,300 rpm. I can't wait. Let's raise at night, clear road. Fast and furious style lol
I siddon dey laugh you for this nonsense you type.

Good luck with racing against micra and Danfo.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nbolaji(m): 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
@ Nurey How would rate Infiniti G35 2005 model.

A Nigerian used
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by kingreign(m): 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
nbolaji:

A Nigerian used
Chat me up, I'd tell you more about it. Currently planning on snatching my wife's 2006 G35x.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by mejai(m): 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
I can feel the spirit of Heavenlybang being invoked.
May we never be tempted!!!

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nbolaji(m): 1:01am On Oct 12, 2020
kingreign:

Chat me up, I'd tell you more about it. Currently planning on snatching my wife's 2006 G35x.

Lol... Thanks
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by kingreign(m): 6:05am On Oct 12, 2020
nbolaji:

Lol... Thanks

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by cluewebhost(m): 6:28am On Oct 12, 2020
I always use the manual shift option when I drive I feel more in control.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:17am On Oct 12, 2020
mejai:
I can feel the spirit of Heavenlybang being invoked.
May we never be tempted!!!

Nah, I'm good. I don't see what's special about paddle shifters in a single clutch automatic.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:21am On Oct 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Nah, I'm good. I don't see what's special about paddle shifters in a single clutch automatic.
Probably because you haven't used it before and you don't understand the control it gives you when you drive. I drove manual gear for 4 years before opting for auto. Infact I have only driven manual all my life so you should know my joy when I realize I can shift gears in an auto ride. It's special unless you're just being a kill joy

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Probably because you haven't used it before and you don't understand the control it gives you when you drive. I drop manual gear for 4 years before opting for auto. Infact I have only driven manual all my life so you should know my joy when I realize I can shift gears in an auto ride. It's special unless you're just being a keep joy

Plenty of presumptions here. My own car has a manual shift mode, so don't think you've made a glorious discovery.

There's nothing special. In a regular torque converter automatic, shifting with paddles is slow. In a dual-clutch, it's much better.

Enjoy your car. Plenty of cars have paddle shifters.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Inception(m): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

huh?

If you were talking of a BMW E60 M5(aka neck breaker grin ) i for understand o

or were you talking of Torque converter clutch?
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Inception(m): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2020
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2020
Inception:

huh?

If you were talking of a BMW E60 M5(aka neck breaker grin ) i for understand o

or were you talking of Torque converter clutch?

Yep.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by mejai(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

How you express ur mind eh grin
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nurey(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

280hp. � My car is 305hp @ 6,300 rpm. I can't wait. Let's race at night, clear road. Fast and furious style lol

My brother horse power is just an icing on the cake, your ride is just a fancy word for concoction rice made with tomato paste no offence grin if you are bent on 305hp I assure you will be on the losers end.

Every avid car enthusiast knows of all the japanese Nissan/infiniti engines are ass whoppers.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nurey(m): 9:46am On Oct 12, 2020
nbolaji:

A Nigerian used

They are cheap but I don't like abused nissan/infiniti, electrical nightmare but kingreign would feel you in.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by naijadrivablog: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Ah, no be fight now
What is "fight" about what I said?
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Plenty of presumptions here. My own car has a manual shift mode, so don't think you've made a glorious discovery.

There's nothing special. In a regular torque converter automatic, shifting with paddles is slow. In a dual-clutch, it's much better.

Enjoy your car. Plenty of cars have paddle shifters.

Maybe, it's new to me though. I'm kinda curious, if plenty of cars have it. How come I haven't seen it in a Toyota brand before? I mean I drove an es350, a Camry 2012 and nothing like that. Considering that car brands like to copy each other. Why are they not buying into the idea?
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2020
nurey:

My brother horse power is just an icing on the cake, your ride is just a fancy word for concoction rice made with tomato paste no offence grin if you are bent on 305hp I assure you will be on the losers end.

Every avid car enthusiast knows of all the japanese Nissan/infiniti engines are ass whoppers.

Wow... I didn't know that. Hopefully I don't get whopped. grin
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Maybe, it's new to me though. I'm kinda curious, if plenty of cars have it. How come I haven't seen it in a Toyota brand before? I mean I drove an es350, a Camry 2012 and nothing like that. Considering that car brands like to copy each other. Why are they not buying into the idea?

The IS and GS have paddle shifters, I believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Inception(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Yep.
Hmm. A misnomer, given how TCCs work from design intent.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by xristos(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Generally speaking bro, Acura were very detailed with their cars...its a beautiful ride and a strong machine.
I drive the TL 2007....No regrets.
Strong and balanced....speed when you need it.
Always full options

Not for people managing fuel tho.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2020
xristos:
Generally speaking bro, Acura were very detailed with their cars...its a beautiful ride and a strong machine.
I drive the TL 2007....No regrets.
Strong and balanced....speed when you need it.
Always full options

Not for people managing fuel tho.
True, not for people managing fuel. The fuel economy is okay but won't compare it to those taxi drivers that buys 500 per day. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nurey(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

True, not for people managing fuel. The fule economy is okay but won't compare it to those taxi drivers that buys 500 per day. grin

Do you use octane boosters when buying petrol?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tire Inflation Discussion - What's Appropriate And What Is Not / Siena Look! Volkswagen Passat Glx V8 Engine / Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.