Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! (4378 Views)

Acura Type-s, Successor To The Acura TLX Sedan, Unveiled - Photos / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unveils With Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nbolaji(m): 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
nurey:

They are cheap but I don't like abused nissan/infiniti, electrical nightmare but kingreign would feel you in.

A word is a enough for the wise. If I would be getting one I will go for the toks then.

Thanks
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
nurey:

Do you use octane boosters when buying petrol?
No I don't.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by olenyi: 4:07am On Oct 13, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Maybe, it's new to me though. I'm kinda curious, if plenty of cars have it. How come I haven't seen it in a Toyota brand before? I mean I drove an es350, a Camry 2012 and nothing like that. Considering that car brands like to copy each other. Why are they not buying into the idea?

Wrong assumption.

The 2012 Toyota Camry SE comes with paddle shifters.

Warm regards.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by dicksonadams(m): 7:30am On Oct 13, 2020
Awon speed demons I dey love una thread I swear grin

I no this might sound silly but I was once driven in a manual V6 Honda EOD from Lagos to Benin .. Omo dem no born any car well wey pass us for road... That cheap piece of metal though not as expensive as ops car or others here but na munini grin

I saw the magic of an EOD V6 that is manually controlled, being able to control the gear can be a game changer when racing on a free way, especially with a bad ass driver behind the wheel who understands that particular car... Harmony and glorious.

So op when niggas with less expensive or slightly less hp car tell you dey will tell take you to school...dont doubt them oh grin

7 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:24am On Oct 13, 2020
dicksonadams:
Awon speed demons I dey love una thread I swear grin

I no this might sound silly but I was once driven in a manual V6 Honda EOD from Lagos to Benin .. Omo dem no born any car well wey pass us for road... That cheap piece of metal though not as expensive as ops car or others here but na munini grin

I saw the magic of an EOD V6 that is manually controlled, being able to control the gear can be a game changer when racing on a free way, especially with a bad ass driver behind the wheel who understands that particular car... Harmony and glorious.

So op when niggas with less expensive or slightly less hp car tell you dey will tell take you to school...dont doubt them oh grin
Eod is badass. That was my last car and it's manual too. So I know what you're talking about. If a mad driver handles that V6 Eod and he's lucky the car is manual, he will dominate the road to where ever he's going. I won't compete with that. As a matter of fact, I'll think twice before competing with any Honda cuz they are speed demons but all this Toyota drivers that are jumping into this thread. I laff for them grin

4 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by tobasamuels: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
What does this do exactly and is it safe for the engine? Any special circumstances?

You can refer me to threads if it will be too much work to explain.

Thanks.

nurey:

Do you use octane boosters when buying petrol?
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nurey(m): 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2020
tobasamuels:
What does this do exactly and is it safe for the engine? Any special circumstances?

You can refer me to threads if it will be too much work to explain.

Thanks.

That Acura TL 09-14 I believe requires premium fuel, not adding octane boosters to the fuel bought in naija could cause engine pinging, destroy the catalyst and it could lead to engine failure.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by laivwire(m): 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Reading thread with joy. Even the Toyota Hilux has tiptronic transmissions at kelvin30286063

I've been running my research on close alternatives to the 2007 G35x and few options pop up.

-Lexus IS350
-Subaru Legacy Gt
-of course, the Acura tl

But truth is the G35x trashed them all on the power front although the Acura has more advantage in terms of styling. The Subaru is quite close in terms of performance but design and build quality falls short.

The G35 is simply the most car for money in that price bracket for petrolheads.

HeavenlyBang, you stated the 335i will beat the g35. You still stand by that fact?

I don't know if anyone has had first hand experience with the Subaru legacy gt though but I know maintenance of such in Nigeria can be hell.

Nurey, kingreign any inputs?

1 Share

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
laivwire:
Reading thread with joy. Even the Toyota Hilux has tiptronic transmissions at kelvin30286063

I've been running my research on close alternatives to the 2007 G35x and few options pop up.

-Lexus IS350
-Subaru Legacy Gt
-of course, the Acura tl

But truth is the G35x trashed them all on the power front although the Acura has more advantage in terms of styling. The Subaru is quite close in terms of performance but design and build quality falls short.

HeavenlyBang, you stated the 335i will beat the g35. You still stand by that fact?

I don't know if anyone has had first hand experience with the Subaru legacy gt though but I know maintenance of such in Nigeria can be hell.

Yeah, the 335i in most conditions gaps the G. The engine is severely underrated, as it actually makes closer to 340 HP, while having the advantage of turbo low-end.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by kingreign(m): 5:34am On Feb 15, 2021
laivwire:

-Lexus IS350
-Subaru Legacy Gt
-of course, the Acura tl

The most reliable of the lot would be the IS and G35.
Subaru and their reliability na case... The most potent and most driver focus is G35.. The fastest till 120km/h will be Is350. That said, if you need a faster car, 335i bmw will annihilate the G35.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Originalsly: 7:01am On Feb 15, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

280hp. � My car is 305hp @ 6,300 rpm. I can't wait. Let's race at night, clear road. Fast and furious style lol

What car you drove before this? .... was it an 0' something Corolla or Camry? Now that you have a whole lot quicker car with added features you believe you are on par with a RR Wraith. Bro.... I don't know much about cars... but what I know is when it comes to speed.... a Nissan is faster than any car in it's class. If you want to keep your ego up there... keep away from the guy with his 350z and the one with the Infinity... unless you love inhaling dust.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:11am On Feb 15, 2021
Originalsly:

What car you drove before this? .... was it an 0' something Corolla or Camry? Now that you have a whole lot quicker car with added features you believe you are on par with a RR Wraith. Bro.... I don't know much about cars... but what I know is when it comes to speed.... a Nissan is faster than any car in it's class. If you want to keep your ego up there... keep away from the guy with his 350z and the one with the Infinity... unless you love inhaling dust.
Forget bro, racing is not just about what you're driving. It's also about the driver behind the wheels!
Ask a race car driver and he will tell you that as a fact.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by nurey(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Forget bro, racing is not just about what you're driving. It's also about the driver behind the wheels!

you are funny sha, the race is already preconceived, you are racing at night with no traffic so it's pretty much a straight line race. if a car has better acceleration and a sizeable topspeed how do you want to change that fact, except maybe the car in question has underlining issues, if not what is faster than you would definitely best you

ciao

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by BamBamK: 10:10am On Feb 15, 2021
small play, u don carry koboko comot... wink wink wink

nurey:

you are funny sha, the race is already preconceived, you are racing at night with no traffic so it's pretty much a straight line race. if a car has better acceleration and a sizeable topspeed how do you want to change that fact, except maybe the car in question has underlining issues, if not what is faster than you would definitely best you

ciao

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Originalsly: 11:08am On Feb 15, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

No doubt.... but saying you will be biting dust was based on you three having equal driving skills. If I'm to consider differences in skill levels then the whooping will be worse.... you will see them at the start of the race.... and again when you finally cross the finish line... they may still be there waiting for you.... discussing if your car broke down or you had a blow out. They are used to fast cars... you are not.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
nurey:

ciao
What is faster than you does not necessarily mean it will best you. A race is meaningless if there are no curves and corners. This is not Memphis race. Na naija. I have seen cars that can't compete with me beat me arms down at a hold up or a speed bump. Had to race to catch up later. All that aside, I still stand with my Acura TL any day. No one can beat me when I'm in the mood and my beast is a race demon.
I have beat so many driving best times with this car and I can say that it's right there. Though I have an aftermarket air intake and not the conventional one that limits speed.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

What is faster than you does not necessarily mean it will best you. A race is meaningless if there are no curves and corners. This is not Memphis race. Na naija. I have seen cars that can't compete with me beat me arms down at a hold up or a speed bump. Had to race to catch up later. All that aside, I still stand with my Acura TL any day. No one can beat me when I'm in the mood and my beast is a race demon.
I have beat so many driving best times with this car and I can say that it's right there. Though I have an aftermarket air intake and not the conventional one that limits speed.

Lol. Imagine thinking an intake does anything tangible for that car.

You just dey make noise sha.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Lol. Imagine thinking an intake does anything tangible for that car.

You just dey make noise sha.
I didn't say it does. I'm saying it improves horsepower. Moreover, you should researchore about engines and know the job cool air intake does to combustion
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I didn't say it does. I'm saying it improves horsepower. Moreover, you should researchore about engines and know the job cool air intake does to combustion

Lmao. I think you're the one who should do research.

Odds are, your stupid aftermarket intake is actually worse for performance than the OEM one. At most it just gives it better induction noise.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by BamBamK: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
bros, keep the lecture jare...

his lambo is actually better than a chiron

HeavenlyBang:

Odds are, your stupid aftermarket intake is actually worse for performance than the OEM one. At most it just gives it better induction noise.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Shey I will listen to you when I know the difference between the two. Na your motor? Drove the same car with the native one and now with the aftermark so wetin concern you.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Shey I will listen to you when I know the difference between the two. Na your motor? Drove the same car with the native one and now with the aftermark so wetin concern you.

Enjoy your Lambo, boss.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by laivwire(m): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
kingreign:

The most reliable of the lot would be the IS and G35.
Subaru and their reliability na case... The most potent and most driver focus is G35.. The fastest till 120km/h will be Is350. That said, if you need a faster car, 335i bmw will annihilate the G35.
Thanks
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Horoyeencar: 6:12am On May 03, 2021
So far , so good will you advise someone to get the car? I am looking at a TL 2010
Kelvin30286063:
I don't like to talk to much about speed when assessing a car cuz I know speed kills but it has to get to a point where you just have to say how you feel about something that you think is exceptionally brilliant.

I bought my Acura TL 2012 about 7 months ago, even though I did a lot of research before finally dropping the money, I didn't expect that I'll enjoy this much peace of mind and joy when driving this machine.

Apart from all the amazing features that comes with TL 2012, The most fascinating to me is the sport mode coupled with the manual shift gears that is carefully placed in the steering area.

God that thing is bae! I don't even bother if a car is trying to drag race me anymore, I just let them go cuz I know if I want to, all I need to do is switch to sport mode and engage my manual gears! grin

I don't know how Acura did it and how they made it so perfect but they sure did it! I'm sure everybody that drives that car will testify to this too.

Now this brings me to the question I have. ARE THERE NEGATIVE EFFECTS TO USING THIS MANUAL GEARS?

If you also drive this car and you have more experience with it. I'd like to know what you think.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:37am On May 03, 2021
Horoyeencar:
So far , so good will you advise someone to get the car? I am looking at a TL 2010
If you get a good one. Don't hesitate. It's a great ride!
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Horoyeencar: 9:34am On May 03, 2021
Nice, cos of maintenance too?
Kelvin30286063:

If you get a good one. Don't hesitate. It's a great ride!
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by PAQ(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Maybe, it's new to me though. I'm kinda curious, if plenty of cars have it. How come I haven't seen it in a Toyota brand before? I mean I drove an es350, a Camry 2012 and nothing like that. Considering that car brands like to copy each other. Why are they not buying into the idea?

From 2014 all Corolla S models come with paddle shifters, nothing new about it, they even have sports mode as well! It doesnt mean the Corolla will transform into a sports car though.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by PAQ(m): 10:41am On May 03, 2021
When people get small money, buy car with big engine na so dem go dey yab Corolla upandan. Many of dem na Corolla be their first car o, d car served dem well, with no issues.

Soon someone will open a thread "Why do cars with V6 squeeze anyhow after accident"?

Well as for we, Corolla loyalists, make we enter service lane make una maintain una ego!

4 Likes

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
PAQ:

From 2014 all Corolla S models come with paddle shifters, nothing new about it, they even have sports mode as well! It doesnt mean the Corolla will transform into a sports car though.
Sport mode gives you better handle and more push. It won't transform into a sport car but you'll see the difference when you take off. And the gear shift tuning is different (takes longer) so that gives you more drive time before transmission.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
PAQ:
When people get small money, buy car with big engine na so dem go dey yab Corolla upandan. Many of dem na Corolla be their first car o, d car served dem well, with no issues.

Soon someone will open a thread "Why do cars with V6 squeeze anyhow after accident"?

Well as for we, Corolla loyalists, make we enter service lane make una maintain una ego!
Bro, many people don't drive Toyota. Personally I've never own a Toyota car. And that corolla you mention has no say when it comes to speed. I can only remember 1 person that tried to race me and actually made me sit up.
Notwithstanding, I never said corolla is bad. But the positives does not include speed if you actually know what speed is.

1 Like

Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by PAQ(m): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Bro, many people don't drive Toyota. Personally I've never own a Toyota car. And that corolla you mention has no say when it comes to speed. I can only remember 1 person that tried to race me and actually made me sit up.
Notwithstanding, I never said corolla is bad. But the positives does not include speed if you actually know what speed is.

Did i ever call Corolla a fast car? Breeze by in your whip, i'll be cruising down the lane in my 130HP economicorolla.... I'll still get to where am going, probably pass u by while you are stopping to by fuel.
Re: This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012! by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
PAQ:

Did i ever call Corolla a fast car? Breeze by in your whip, i'll be cruising down the lane in my 130HP economicorolla.... I'll still get to where am going, probably pass u by while you are stopping to by fuel.
LOL... grin
Fuel economy is not that bad in other cars too. Except if the car has issues. Infact, recent cars are known to be more fuel economical then those 2004 Corollas. My brother recently bought a 2016 Benz C300. I took delivery of the car. Drove it from Lagos to Akure. I was shocked at how much fuel I bought. Very very economical.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cars On The Street - A Lagos Car Street Photography Album | LensAndLagos / Is Toyota Rav4 2008 Model A Good Car ? / What "full Option" Means To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.