Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,429 members, 7,861,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Banish Anxiety - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Banish Anxiety (160 Views)

Witchcraft For Wealth: Rituals To Banish Debt And Attract Prosperity / Banish Bad Vibes: The Ultimate Dispersal Spell For Negative Emotions / Is This Just Normal Anxiety Or A Spiritual Problem? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banish Anxiety by kpakpandoN(m): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
It is human nature to worry about personal welfare and that of our loved ones, but as Christians, this should not be our lifestyle because God has told us to be anxious about nothing (Philippians 4:6).

Fear reaches deep into our consciousness, making it very difficult to shake off. When anyone allows it, the door to stress becomes open, leading the way for many diseases, some of which can become fatal.

Luke 12:22-31 tells us how God wants us to live – worry-free. He wants us to rest in the knowledge that He is in charge.

“Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:”
Matthew 6:27-28

Can you answer the question above? Can you add one inch to your height by worrying? The answer is NO. If you cannot change the situation by worrying, why not put that energy into praying and getting rest from the presence of God?

I was only thirty-nine years old when I became the General Overseer of the RCCG. One day, while combing my hair, I noticed some grey strands and asked “Lord why am I having grey hair?” He replied “Are you not the one who is always worried about the Church? It is my Church; stop worrying.” From that day, I left everything in His hands. The grey strands of hair disappeared and the Church has been marching forward a lot faster than when I was worrying. My anxiety added nothing to the Church but my surrendering to God added everything.

Worrying magnifies the problem because what you focus on will always get bigger. From now, focus on God, on His omnipotent and very soon, you will see the end of that problem.

Nothing is too difficult for God to handle (Jeremiah 12:27). Turn over all your cares to Him today and He will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Banish Anxiety by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thank u for this write-up
I love it alot..helped me so much

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#prophet Macdonald E.E Sound Endorses #ENDSARSNOW. / Lekki Massacre: Adeboye Condemns Attack, Begs Youths To Avoid Confrontation / Nigerians Should Overcome Evil With Good - Awe Hilary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.