Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,215 members, 7,957,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) (32279 Views)

Commuters Run As Armed Men Rob Motorists On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack, Rob Passengers On Benin-lagos Expressway (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2020
This is the happiest week of my life, seeing youth standing up to fight, thanks God this is happening in my generation, if you are less concerned about this na God go punish you

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by motionarena: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2020
KingstonAyo37:
It has been disbanded now pls they should not cause chaos. Let people that are going to work be allowed to do so. Me I don't like wahala at all
grin
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:19am On Oct 12, 2020
KingstonAyo37:
It has been disbanded now pls they should not cause chaos. Let people that are going to work be allowed to do so. Me I don't like wahala at all
that 'disbandment' on twitter is fake

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 12, 2020
KingstonAyo37:
I hope u get disbanded from the work you are going to

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by ekestic1976(f): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2020
Kendumazy:
They should pick up another protest like EndCorruption abi na only Sars be Nigeria problem.

Buy/ship Nice women Abaya/gowns. Check link for pics
https://www.nairaland.com/6166009/buy-ship-india-nigeria-lots

"They"? Aren't you a Nigerian? Or are you with "Them" - the Oppressors?
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Aguilar(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2020
shey be dem don dissolve sars, wetin be all this na
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Joefat: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2020
ChiefSosa:
And some NORTHERNERS are saying that SARS should not end.Wetin aboki get wey SARS wan extort from am? I swear that the day the North is completely cut off from Nigeria, that's the moment we'll start seeing POSITIVITY in Nigeria. SARS should be redeployed to them. Their wahala too much and they're so BRAINWASHED that we can't help them; cutting them off will be the best. They're the cause of MOST of our problems. I know we're meant to be brothers and sisters but we can't allow ourselves to be held down by some people just 'cause they won't let go. Those people SERIOUSLY need to get their shít together. Say what you want, but you know I'm saying the truth.

You speak well bruh. I doubted it if any good thing can come from the northern.. this people are so fucking dumb. Their orientation are out of this world. It shall not be well with Lord Lugard wherever he is for matched Nigeria with this clowns.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Dashlish12: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2020
This protest has been done yesterday Nairaland is just slow in taking News cuz I Was There Live With The Movement✊
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by kennys: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2020
Don't trust Nigeria government, their decision to disband RSARS might be fake
Lorechino:
What are they protesting again for?

We all should wait for the implementation of the Disband SARS.

and not to show ignorance pls

Action has been taken let's just be calming down

Or is it that some protesters don't listen to news update?
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Regex: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2020
SmartPolician:

Nigeria cannot have a revolution

Revolution only happens where there are unity and oneness

Those do not exist in Nigeria at the moment.

And in less than 5 days, Nigeria lost contracts from people who value safety and serenity.

Shut up old man!
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2020
KingstonAyo37:
Yeye...na your types our politicians carry their destiny give their children.. Come go work na

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by HeadShot: 7:22am On Oct 12, 2020
flowmama:

What manner of talk is this?

So if you have a personal business to run or have a place to collect better money this morning and people block road, will you be happy?

Only Jobless people will be happy road is blocked on Monday morning

Do you even know the place...

If you do... Then you will would have seen that nobody blocked any roads... They're just standing by the side it
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 12, 2020
We should be guided in order to be taken seriously. What’s the damn protest for again. We seriously need to chill.
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by chatinent: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2020
I don't want to join this parade because I'll be protesting EndThisGovernment.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Adakintroy: 7:25am On Oct 12, 2020
Jobless youth. I wait to see bankers or any real alaba traders there.

Celebrities don push their mumu Burton.

Anything celeb sponsor them de. No sense if their own.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by uuzba(m): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2020
MakyavelitheDon:

The most sensible thing I've read since all this ENDSARS trend started
Nigeria has one line of problems. One thing leading to another.
1. the leader of the country does not believe in us as a people. He/she/they think we are useless.
2. Because if that, they don't talk directly to us.
3. They don't make use of our Education and Education sector. They always seek solutions from overseas or imports instead of Nigerians.(Eg, flying overseas for treatment, buying imported goods/services)
4. This leaves Nigerians in unfair competition with foreign goods/services providers.
5. Local business (goods and service providers) are unable to produce (No single textile mill, rubber/tyre mill...Even local refinery is not working)
6. So no industries to employ the millions of energetic youth in the country.
7. The youth cannot just sit-down camatose. They must do something with their energy.
8. Hence the yahoo-yahoo activities and crime.
-
You didn't believe in the youth of your country. You didnt make use of them. Now they have grown up and are just damaging everything.
Another set of millions of children are in the making annd they too will follow the same direction of the the current youth. Unwanted, jobless, roaming about and proteeting.

Meanwhile, our mates and colleagues in China and busy inside thousands of factories, working and producing EVERYTHING that we use in this country.
- cloth
- pant
- plate
- scissors
- wheel barrow
- car
- phone
- needle.....
.... The list is endless. EVERYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVooTUAPrk
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by SeeAfrica(m): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2020
*My thought on the widespread Endsars Protest*
By

*Pros.pnation*

The call for the end of SARS has generated a strong wave in the Nigerian media circle.The Youths,which are obviously, the victims of SARS highhandedness and unprofessionalism,have been the vanguard of this nationwide protest.Dismayed by the ugly incidents orchestrated by this specific group of uniform men I decided to read a little background history of SARS(as I have always done before venting out my opinion of important subject Matters).SARS was formed In 1992 during the heydays of the notorious kidnapper now turned Pastor,Shina Rambo(as he was formerly called ).It was formed to operate covertly so as to deal with notorious kidnappers who were on killing and robbing spree.Hence,they don't wear uniforms or drive in vans or cars with any semblance to the security forces.I also got to know that along with SARS there are 13 other units which form the criminal investigation department of the NPF.No doubt SARS is the most famous due to its brutality and rampages with the youths.Men of this unit have,no doubt,gone against the core purposes and rules of which the unit was setup.Prejudicial and impulsive killings,recklessness,callosity,gross indifference to Human rights have ruffled their aboriginal emblem and as a result the fundamental of SARS was called to question.After many years of protests and expression of disapproval by the public, it was renamed FSARS ..in 2018.Why this ongoing protest has gained more attention in south than North is because south has been the Colosseum of this modern gladiators in uniform because of the,if not typical,crime that is more pervasive in south .Nonetheless,both South and North have delinquencies that pertain more to one than to the other.Cultism and online fraud are more common in south than here and for this reason the southern youths are always on the hook of SARS. But it's of great stupidity to attack or kill someone just because you assumed them to be criminals based on their appearance without proper investigation.Nigeria is not a banana republic whereby a security official can just prejudge a citizen to the extent of carrying out capital punishment.Do we have to lose a life before we learn a lesson? We have seen,heard and watched countless youths killed in cold blood by those who were supposed to protect them and this thing keeps recurring every time without urgent steps being taken to address this thing.
The Nigerian youths calling for the end of SARS,to a great extent,is justifiable and none can blame them for it.My only fear is that the seething anger in the youths will be a grist to the mill of some individuals who are looking for slightest opportunity to champion their cause of insurrection.And it will collapse the very last Pillar of the unity and peace we have in this country.In period like this when the youths are having this feeling of being neglected by their leaders is the period when evil men plant their seeds.Because when reason fails the devil prevails.We can learn from history.The government shouldn't treat this issue with levity .It's more easier to quench the fire when it's smoldering before it engulf the whole house.
Even as I align with the youths on this subject matter but I would like to look a bit more acutely away from the summarily publicized solution demanded:EndSARS and I will like to say that abolishing SARS is not the key to ending this savagery on the side of the security forces.If we only abolish SARS without proper reformation we are only changing labels without changing the contents.These security men will be drafted in to other units with the same unchanged propensity.
So there is need for character and psychological reformation(we are having more psychopaths in uniform than those that roam the street naked),overhaul of antiquated fundamentals of policing and instilling discipline and professionalism among the personnels(because most of our personnels are still operating in the old dispensation of professionalism).They should also be trained on personnel-public relationship.
As I earlier wrote,even if SARS was scrapped or not,it will not change those among them who are trigger happy unless stringent laws,not just stringent but functioning,whereby defaulters would be punished without fear or favor.You can rename a lion a goat but you can't stopping him from hunting and eating flesh . you can even transfer him from his den to a stable but that doesn't mean that he eats grass.There are ways to tame a lion but one of the ways is by removing his fangs.
Police,DSS and Army are all guilty of brutality and that why it's more important to reform than scrap because If we should keep cutting every finger that gets stain by oil how many fingers would be left?

This is my opinion though.
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by flowmama: 7:27am On Oct 12, 2020
HeadShot:

Do you even know the place...

If you do... Then you will would have seen that nobody blocked any roads... They're just standing by the side it

Asking me if I know Ajah Lekki road?

Do you know the kind of traffic that place caused yesterday, sunday? That people trekked from Chevron to Ajah. And you want people to do that again on Monday morning?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by blowjohn(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2020
KingstonAyo37:

Who told u?
U see this country, I can bet they are just waiting for things to cool down, then they will start in another form
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Calazoto: 7:28am On Oct 12, 2020
Woman of steel!! kiss

Let's talk on WhatsApp if you're interested in an online side hustle using 5 powerful APPs on your smartphone

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by flowmama: 7:29am On Oct 12, 2020
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by aumeehn: 7:32am On Oct 12, 2020
ChiefSosa:
And some NORTHERNERS are saying that SARS should not end.Wetin aboki get wey SARS wan extort from am? I swear that the day the North is completely cut off from Nigeria, that's the moment we'll start seeing POSITIVITY in Nigeria. SARS should be redeployed to them. Their wahala too much and they're so BRAINWASHED that we can't help them; cutting them off will be the best. They're the cause of MOST of our problems. I know we're meant to be brothers and sisters but we can't allow ourselves to be held down by some people just 'cause they won't let go. Those people SERIOUSLY need to get their shít together. Say what you want, but you know I'm saying the truth.
bro i am from the North but what you said here is nothing but the truth. They hate progress! Always deliberating about government issues and talking about salary scale of Federal Ministries. The truth is Northern Nigeria is backward in all ramifications!!

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Teenaira: 7:33am On Oct 12, 2020
kingk:
All join....after #end sars, what's next to end pls...

My friend said IKEDC. Why now ?
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by omokudu(m): 7:33am On Oct 12, 2020
Kendumazy:
They should pick up another protest like EndCorruption abi na only Sars be Nigeria problem.

Modafuka! who be them
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by uuzba(m): 7:33am On Oct 12, 2020
flowmama:

Asking me if I know Ajah Lekki road?

Do you know the kind of traffic that place caused yesterday, sunday? That people trekked from Chevron to Ajah. And you want people to do that again on Monday morning?

Chevron to Ajah is a max 4 km.
If one walks such a distance very briskly, it can take 2 to 3 hrs. And it will induce sweating.
The road also does not have a walkway. So the walking is done on muddy, sandy, uneven ground which adds to the discomfort.
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by Taejimin(f): 7:34am On Oct 12, 2020
[quote author=Kendumazy post=94853868]They should pick up another protest like EndCorruption abi na only Sars be Nigeria problem.

Which one are you doing? Okoto meow
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by elisho: 7:34am On Oct 12, 2020
kingk:
All join....after #end sars, what's next to end pls...
end bad government and election reform stop killing bring back chibok girls
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by ChiefSosa(m): 7:34am On Oct 12, 2020
Joefat:

You speak well bruh. I doubted it if any good thing can come from the northern.. this people are so fucking dumb. Their orientation are out of this world. It shall not be well with Lord Lugard wherever he is for matched Nigeria with this clowns.
For real bro. Their level of reasoning is astonishingly stupid and the way they confidently come out to defend their stupid acts is unbelievable. I've seen some confidently defend Child marriage and bearing of as many kids as possible. To show northerners pity sometimes dey hard me because they'll ALWAYS return to their vomit.
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by psalmylee(m): 7:36am On Oct 12, 2020
Kendumazy:

they should.... U no be Nigerian, y ui no come out..cowards..
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by uuzba(m): 7:36am On Oct 12, 2020
iLUCID:
We should be guided in order to be taken seriously. What’s the damn protest for again. We seriously need to chill.
Nigerians usually chill at the wrong times.
So I guess that's why these guys are still protesting.
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by duality(m): 7:36am On Oct 12, 2020
Kendumazy:

Nigerians. Don't hate corruption. They only hate that they aren't involved in the benefits
Re: EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) by uuzba(m): 7:40am On Oct 12, 2020
Adakintroy:
Jobless youth. I wait to see bankers or any real alaba traders there.

Celebrities don push their mumu Burton.

Anything celeb sponsor them de. No sense if their own.
Now you are saying the correct thing.
Jobless youth. That is the main problem of Nigeria.
But they are jobless because there aren't any industries to employ them.
We as nation, chose to import everything instead of manufacturing our things. So our industries are closed down and cannot employ the millions of youth.
Meanwhile Chinese youth. ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVooTUAPrk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Killer Of Groom-To-Be In Ebonyi State (Photos) / 2 Brothers Arrested For Defrauding Rice Seller With Fake Currency (Photo) / 10-Year-Old Girl Killed During Reprisal Cult Clash In Osun (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.