Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings (55551 Views)

Nigerian Girl Flaunts Her New Pet, A Lion Cub (pics/video) / Businessman Storms His Father's Burial With A Lion In Anambra State (Video) / Dean Schneider; The Man That Belongs To A Lion’s Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by professore(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
emillysmigael:
Some animals do what humans fail to do... If these animals could co-habit; I wonder what humans do with 'Tribalism' & 'Racism'.
you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Openbusiness:
Bengal tigers are not small. A Bengal tiger are the 2nd largest tiger sub species, only the Siberian is bigger than Bengals. And a Bengal tiger is bigger than an African lion. A Bengal tiger is the most wicked tiger. An adult male Bengal tiger will kill an adult male lion one-on-one. And a Grizzly might be bigger, pound for pound, but the Siberian tiger will kill it easily.
You are very much mistaken. No need for long talks.
Tigers are no match for bears.
About lions and tigers; it is only the siberian tiger that can do any harm to an African lion. A bengal tiger can't do nothing to an African lion. Check youtube for a pitted fight between a bengal tiger and an African lion. The bengal tiger almost got killed if not for the intervention of the zoo keepers. Just don't talk of tigers when a topic of bears is being discussed.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Franktom247(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
So animals can co exist without issues like this angel micheal blow trumpet make everybody go answer their papa name
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Submerged in a miasma of melancholy
A real niggarr is emotional right now

Ask the boy helping you buy the kind of weed you're smoking now where he buys it. He has changed the seller. The kind grammar you dey blow these days baba, no be small thing o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by ibiso1986: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
grandlexuz:

Reminds me of this cartoon we watched in the late eighties when having a television was a luxury. In the town where we lived just two persons had a television set in 1986. My mother and her cousin would leave the house in the evening to go watch films. The TV owner a bachelor in his prime had just returned from Nigeria with a fourteen inch black and white TV set.

Most times my mum and cousin would return at midnight to the fury of my dad..Lol. My father scared that the bachelor might woo his wife obtained a bank loan and got a colour 21 inch Toshiba Tv by November 86.. That tv stil functions. I plan to sell it as antique by 2086. LOL
nice one... Will give u a lot of cash in 2086
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by afroxyz: 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
emillysmigael:
Some animals do what humans fail to do... If these animals could co-habit; I wonder what humans do with 'Tribalism' & 'Racism'.

You deserve a nobel.award for this statement

1 Like

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by afroxyz: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
AiooAi:
That is hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by SUPERPACK: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
Openbusiness:
Tigers are the biggest and most powerful big cats. Then among tigers, the Siberian is the biggest, followed by the Bengal. These 2 tigers are the most dangerous and deadly cats in the whole world. A Siberian is almost twice the size of an African lion, and with a bite force nearly twice as much as the African lion too. Big cats are natural predators, every part of their body is built to kill. Among the big cats, the most expert one-on-one killer is the Tiger. Tigers are the smartest and most fully adaptive cat. Then big cats are used to killing prey many times bigger than them. Because they are very quick and agile, very swift and their entire faculty is specially suited and built for making a quick kill. Simply put they are engineered to kill and have a very high IQ when it comes to killing. Big cats are the only predators that aim for the jugular, their target is the throat. They know once they grab that place, it is over. The bear is too slow for a tiger. The tiger like all big cats have a very acute sense and powerful reflex. It is very difficult to hit a cat. They are very good at dodging and striking back. A Grizzly bear doesn't stand a chance against a Siberian tiger. The fight will be over within 5 minutes with the Tiger's canine sunk into the Grizzly's throat. The Siberian tiger has the biggest canine among all cats
And at the end you failed to mention that a Tiger is a stalker and attacks when it's prey is not watching. A tiger is not trained to fight fellow predators, because it lacks the agility needed to win such high casualty fight. The way you guys underestimate a Lion is awful to me, even when a lion and a tiger can never meet in their natural habitat. Same Tiger that live on trees to forestall attacks of fellow predators in the wild is what you are hyping.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Openbusiness: 12:33am On Nov 24, 2020
BLoomfrancs:

You are very much mistaken. No need for long talks.
Tigers are no match for bears.
About lions and tigers; it is only the siberian tiger that can do any harm to an African lion. A bengal tiger can't do nothing to an African lion. Check youtube for a pitted fight between a bengal tiger and an African lion. The bengal tiger almost got killed if not for the intervention of the zoo keepers. Just don't talk of tigers when a topic of bears is being discussed.
There's no point arguing with a novice. Ask any wildlife experts that cover tigers and bears, they will tell you a Grizzly is no match for a Siberian tiger. The tiger will kill it EASILY. Look at the picture and compare the size of their canine, and see how much bigger the Tiger's canine is than the bear. Tigers unlike lions don't play around trying to "fight". A tiger doesn't fight to fight, to show muscle or I am superior to you bow down to me fights. A tiger got no chill. When a Tiger fights, the aim is to KILL.

The bear is too slow for a tiger and its skin as thick as it is, is like tissue paper for the Tiger's claw and bite. And then the neck is exposed when it stands. To use and swipe its paws effectively, a bear needs to stand. On 2 feet, the bear is slow, the stamina and balance is not completely firm, during a fight with a tiger, that is a major disadvantage. The tiger is much quicker and agile, with higher maneuverability than the bear, the tiger can switch from standing on 2 legs to standing on 4 legs faster than the bear. This highly adaptive ability of being able maneuver easily makes the tiger more easy to land a crushing bite that ends the fight with a kill.

So whether on 2 or 4 legs, the tiger is faster, more agile, swifter, better maneuverability. One single bite to the neck and the bear is finished. And it's easy for the tiger to get the neck. Tigers are excellent battle strategists and the smartest among all the big cats. A tiger's IQ for killing is very, very high. They are expert killers. All it takes it for some claw and paw attacks to provoke the bear for retaliation, some swift maneuvers around the bear as it tries to attack back, thereby exposing its neck, and the tiger times the bite to the neck and game over.

Then one-on-one, adult MALE vs MALE, a Bengal tiger will kill an African lion. D tiger na him senior for everything, and tigers are better fighters than lions, they are more suited to fighting. A lion CANNOT balance on 2 legs and swipe with both paws, it will lose balance and fall. A lion can only use ONE paw at a time but a tiger can use both paws to fight and balance on its legs while standing. A lion is not as agile as a tiger either, and it is slower.

There are 5 different types of tigers. The Asiatic tigers classification are slightly smaller than the African lion, and in a Male VS Male one-on-one fight, it is a 50 / 50 chance, despite the lion being bigger. This is where you will have a "fight" taking place, and the extra saving grace for the lion in this fight is its mane, all that thick hair that protects its throat, otherwise even Asiatic tigers would have the upper hand and greater chance killing the male African lions. Take note, male vs male, not male lion vs female tiger.

But when it comes to Siberian and Bengal tigers, an African lion is no match at all. Male vs Male, the tiger will kill the lion 100% of the time. Even Female Bengal / Siberian tigers vs male African lion, the lion stands no chance. It will be killed easily within 5 minutes, maximum. It won't even be a fight, it will be a mauling, like a predator vs prey. During the time of the Roman Empire, they captured a lot of lions and tigers and would put them in an arena to fight themselves. It is said that Tigers killed lions almost all of the time. An African male lion only stands a chance of survival against the smaller Asiatic tigers, but against the Siberian or Bengal tiger, it is dead meat.

Below are some documented battles:
Accidental fights in captivity
In historical accounts where lions and tigers have fought in captivity, the tiger often came out the victor. The most recent account happened on March 2011, where a tiger at the Ankara Zoo attacked a lion through its enclosure and killed the lion with a single paw swipe. “The tiger severed the lion’s jugular vein in a single stroke with its paw, leaving the animal dying in a pool of blood”, officials said. In 1857, a tiger at the Bromwich Zoo broke into the cage of a lion and a fearful scene ensued: the lion’s mane saved his head and neck from being injured, but the tiger succeeded in ripping up his stomach, and within a few minutes he was dead. At the Coney Island Zoo in 1909, a male tiger killed a male lion.

Here's the link for the Ankara Zoo Bengal tiger that killed a lion within seconds when it entered the lion's enclosure. An African lion is NO MATCH for a Bengal or Siberian tiger.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-12669308

Below is a man about 6ft 7" tall with a Siberian tiger, see how the guy already looks like a dwarf beside the tiger when it's standing, and it's not even at standing full stretch or length. Imagine how high it can go when it leaps. To grab a Grizzly by the throat will be too easy for this tiger. An adult male Grizzly stands at about up to 8ft tall BUT an adult male Siberian tiger stands about up to 12ft tall. The bear is just fatter than the tiger, which is why it weighs more. But Siberian tigers are huge. A Grizzly bear = lunch for a Siberian tiger grin

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Openbusiness: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2020
SUPERPACK:
And at the end you failed to mention that a Tiger is a stalker and attacks when it's prey is not watching. A tiger is not trained to fight fellow predators, because it lacks the agility needed to win such high casualty fight. The way you guys underestimate a Lion is awful to me, even when a lion and a tiger can never meet in their natural habitat. Same Tiger that live on trees to forestall attacks of fellow predators in the wild is what you are hyping.
You don't know anything about tigers. And let me tell you, ALL CATS are stalkers, including the domestic cat at home. That's their fundamental programming and evolutionary behavior. If you ever encounter a Lion, a Grizzly and a Siberian / Bengal Tiger, just know, your chances of surviving a Grizzly is low, maybe around than 40%, your chances of surviving a lion is lower, maybe around 10%, but your chances of surviving a Siberian or Bengal tiger = 0%. You're totally finished grin The only reason the lion is regarded to be "King" of the jungle is because lions walk in GROUPS. There's always a pride of maybe 6 or more adult members. A pride of lions is very powerful and a formidable force. But individually, one-on-one, the real king of the jungle is the Tiger but unfortunately the tiger is a highly solitary creature that likes to be alone. It's not interested in wearing that crown. You will never find 2 tigers together usually. They move alone. Even when it comes to mating, once the male is done mating, he abandons the female and goes away to be alone. Tigers mark territories alone. Lions mark territories in groups.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Rabble(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2020
Reminds me of this cartoon we watched in the late eighties when having a television was a luxury. In the town where we lived just two persons had a television set in 1986. My mother and her cousin would leave the house in the evening to go watch films. The TV owner a bachelor in his prime had just returned from Nigeria with a fourteen inch black and white TV set.
Most times my mum and cousin would return at midnight to the fury of my dad..Lol. My father scared that the bachelor might woo his wife obtained a bank loan and got a colour 21 inch Toshiba Tv by November 86.. That tv stil functions. I plan to sell it as antique by 2086.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Fmghewzy(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2020
mrdharkchild:

I know u r airing your opinion but shut up.

This generation believes so much in pictures.

Oga so you mean this pictures are fake or what.Chaiiii!!!

Oga pls for once in your life , change your TV channel to NatGeo wild. Plsss.

Or at least,start reading don't let your brain be stagnant.

I don't see why anyone who has brains wouldn't know that has every chance of happening
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by BLoomfrancs(m): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=Openbusiness post=96372034]
It is obvious that you're ignorant; your saying a bengal tiger would kill an african lion 100% just confirms that. I said and still maintain that the only tiger species that could kill an african lion most of the time is the siberian tiger. You posted your links forgetting that their are other species of lions that are smaller than the african lion like the korean lion, asiatic lion, amur lion, etc. Here's a link(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISqLgk6pIG0) of a documentary of fights that have ocurred in the past where lions killed tigers and tigers killed lions, so your ascertion of tigers killing lions 100% reeks of sheer ignorance.
Now to bears, out of ignorance, you said the bear canine is shorter than the tiger's but in actuality they're often longer at the length of 3 in. while the tiger's ranges in sizes of 2.5 to 3 in.
Again, you ignorantly said the bear is not agile. Bear that can run as fast as 56km/h to 64km/h while the tiger at 65km/h. This the last I will reply you.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Openbusiness: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=BLoomfrancs post=96381942][/quote]Mr man you're the ignorant one here and you're posting fake information. Do research and learn. Black bears and brown bears are part of a Siberian tiger's normal prey that it hunts and eats. A Grizzly bear cannot survive a fight wirh a Siberian tiger. The tiger will kill and eat it. Do research on animal experts talking about a fight between the 2: Tiger wins ALWAYS. And an African lion is smaller than a Bengal tiger. A Bengal tiger will kill an African lion 100% of the time
https://www.compareanimal.com/2014/08/compare-grizzly-bear-vs-siberian-tiger.html
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by SUPERPACK: 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
Openbusiness:
You don't know anything about tigers. And let me tell you, ALL CATS are stalkers, including the domestic cat at home. That's their fundamental programming and evolutionary behavior. If you ever encounter a Lion, a Grizzly and a Siberian / Bengal Tiger, just know, your chances of surviving a Grizzly is low, maybe around than 40%, your chances of surviving a lion is lower, maybe around 10%, but your chances of surviving a Siberian or Bengal tiger = 0%. You're totally finished grin The only reason the lion is regarded to be "King" of the jungle is because lions walk in GROUPS. There's always a pride of maybe 6 or more adult members. A pride of lions is very powerful and a formidable force. But individually, one-on-one, the real king of the jungle is the Tiger but unfortunately the tiger is a highly solitary creature that likes to be alone. It's not interested in wearing that crown. You will never find 2 tigers together usually. They move alone. Even when it comes to mating, once the male is done mating, he abandons the female and goes away to be alone. Tigers mark territories alone. Lions mark territories in groups.
Being a social animal does not underline weakness of an animal, it's their nature. But the male lion is known to train all it's life to fight fellow predators to defend it's territory, so it hardly moves around. But a tiger can not kill a human 100% of times as you stated, it just that the generation of men now are weak and are too frightened to fight back when the time calls. On many occasions in India people have fended off tigers and bears too when their life is in danger so I will say 5% chance of survival. The high casualty rate from encounters with tigers in Asian have been attributed to the fact that they are protected species by the govt and as such should not be killed.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Openbusiness: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Being a social animal does not underline weakness of an animal, it's their nature. But the male lion is known to train all it's life to fight fellow predators to defend it's territory, so it hardly moves around. But a tiger can not kill a human 100% of times as you stated, it just that the generation of men now are weak and are too frightened to fight back when the time calls. On many occasions in India people have fended off tigers and bears too when their life is in danger so I will say 5% chance of survival. The high casualty rate from encounters with tigers in Asian have been attributed to the fact that they are protected species by the govt and as such should not be killed.
In history, we have heard and read about some ordinary men who killed a lion with bare hands, BUT have you ever heard or read about anyone that managed to kill a tiger with bare hands? It cannot happen, unless the person has some supernatural ability like Samson. This wiki link is the tale of a tiger, one single female Bengal tiger that killed over 400 people in a Nepal before they were able to finally kill it. That's how difficult it is to get a tiger, and that's how highly intelligent a tiger is in being evasive and a master at killing prey. Nobody can fend off a tiger without a heavy weapon like a heavy artillery rifle and even at that, the person is not safe, a tiger is very powerful and can still manage to kill with a gunshot injury when it's trying to attack.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champawat_Tiger

This video below is a man that was very lucky to escape a tiger attack. The man was on an elephant, an adult elephant for that matter but the tiger almost pounced on him while riding on the elephant. This shows you how FEARLESS a tiger is. Even the elephant was terrified and had to retreat. Trust me, a tiger is the last kind of predator you want to face without having adequate heavy artillery weapons that can kill it in your hands. No ordinary human being without any supernatural ability can withstand a tiger one one one without any weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kzdu_wTM0
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by mrdharkchild(m): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Oga so you mean this pictures are fake or what.Chaiiii!!!

Oga pls for once in your life , change your TV channel to NatGeo wild. Plsss.

Or at least,start reading don't let your brain be stagnant.

I don't see why anyone who has brains wouldn't know that has every chance of happening

I like to reason with people, u know, getting to know wat runs through people's head and all. But my guy, what runs through your head is NOTHING.

Please, read my comment again, then quote me. If u find it difficult to understand, read again.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Fmghewzy(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2020
mrdharkchild:

I like to reason with people, u know, getting to know wat runs through people's head and all. But my guy, what runs through your head is NOTHING.

Please, read my comment again, then quote me. If u find it difficult to understand, read again.

You don't have anything reasonable to say,
Why don't you explain more,why did you say we love to believe in pictures,or why did you have to tell her to shut up.

Oga you simply being silly,just take it that you typed rubbish,now looking for a way to cover up the nonsense you wrote

Lol!

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by mrdharkchild(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
Fmghewzy:

You don't have anything reasonable to say,
Why don't you explain more,why did you say we love to believe in pictures,or why did you have to tell her to shut up.

Oga you simply being silly,just take it that you typed rubbish,now looking for a way to cover up the nonsense you wrote

Lol!

Toddlers everywhere. Sorry for d initial reply kiddo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Dwarf Goat Missing In The US (Photos) / Mixed Feelings As Raped Dog Gives Birth / 84-year-old Legendary Crocodile At Delesolu Compound In Ibadan Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.