Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

Calabar: Missplaced Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar: Missplaced Project (3381 Views)

Petrol Sells For N250 In Calabar, How About Your Area? / Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road / Windstorm Kills Four & Displaces 26,000 In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calabar: Missplaced Project by babasin(m): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2007
well its good idea to build Tinapa, how can a State that cannot control basic flood ever get tourist to visit same tinapa?

Calabar, the Cross River state capital, was last yesterday flooded by heavy rains that lasted for more than five hours, raising concerns over the sanitary conditions of the city. Areas worst hit by the flood included parts of the Murtala Muhammad highway, MCC Road, Ndidem

the same situation all over Nigeria

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=81826
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by obong(m): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2007
yet lagos, which gets even more flood, continues to get investment and no ones questions it
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by McKren(m): 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2007
people talk like kids, can anyone prevent natural disaster

USA should as well not invest in any other thing because it could not control hurricane katrina and all other hurricanes.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2007
@Topic

A very misplaced project!  I hope when you "Tinapa gongists" beating this your drum of your  "almighty" Tinapa get sick from food poisoning or armed robbers shoot off ya arses, Tinapa will have an emergency response team to resuscitate you!  Rubbish! Tinapa ko!  Tinapa ni!  Na  only Tinapa the people for calabar go chop?  What a name "Tinapa"---SNEEZE!  Very local!
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by angel101(f): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2007
MILITIA:

@Topic

A very misplaced project! I hope when you "Tinapa gongists" beating this your drum of your "almighty" Tinapa get sick from food poisoning or armed robbers shoot off ya arses, Tinapa will have an emergency response team to resuscitate you! Rubbish! Tinapa ko! Tinapa ni! Na only Tinapa the people for calabar go chop? What a name "Tinapa"---SNEEZE! Very local!

no sense at all.
will the armed robbery have stopped without tinapa? or tinapa is making people more prone to food poisoning? I beg girl stop the ranting!
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2007
angel101:

no sense at all.
will the armed robbery have stopped without tinapa? or tinapa is making people more prone to food poisoning? I beg girl stop the ranting!

Did not expect anything better from you! Never surprise me with your responses. A typical Nigerian who does not know the meaning of[b] "PRIORITIZATION"![/b] Why did your Duke not build just one good hospital intead of this "blaaoody Tinapa"? I am not surprised. Go and enjoy Tinapa! You do not even have good roads to go to the so-called Tinapa! I have the right to rant so deal with it! cool
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by angel101(f): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
grin grin
u never cease to amuse me. I wonder where u get all these your wierd and extreme ideas from. have u been to the state to see the state of their hospitals?
anyway y don't u answer the question? Is tinapa the cause of  food poisoning and armed robbers shooting off your ass?
u're right its your perogative to rant go right on at the risk of sounding foolish.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2007
angel101:

grin grin
u never cease to amuse me. I wonder where u get all these your wierd and extreme ideas from. have u been to the state to see the state of their hospitals?
anyway y don't u answer the question? Is tinapa the cause of  food poisoning and armed robbers shooting off your ass?
u're right its your perogative to rant go right on at the risk of sounding foolish.

Yup!  Very funny!  ha ha ha!

You are asking all these dumb questions because of your inability to see that they are hypothetical questions!  Let me spell it out for you!  It means "if" you are sick "for example"------
As for the state of your hospitals, why did Y'ardua not go and treat his "Cartarrh" there instead of going to Germany?  Why did Atiku not go to treat his "Osteoporosis" there in Calabar instead of going to London?  Late Stella OBJ and Alamayesiegha could have gone there too breast and tummy tucks now! 

Why are people still sending their relatives out of the country to school and receive medical treatment out of Calabar?  I do not see any research projects your Calabar Memorial Tinapa Hospital has carried out oh!  May be the reason people to go to school or receive treatment in Calabar is because you guys have a long waiting list over there.  I guess business is so gooooooooooooood, that people are being turned away because these facilities are highly patronized!  Rubbish! embarassed Please go and sit down somewhere and count sheep till you fall asleep!  Ya brain no dey function properly!  Prioritization darling---Prioritization!  Mugu! grin
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by angel101(f): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2007
Not forgetting of course that Yaradua was also a state governor at the time of his cattarh problem. and the same goes for all others mentioned. they were all in positions of power and as such have only themselves to blame. na duke go build hospital for them?

Once again u amuse me. i am truly having an exciting afternoon. thanks very much!
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2007
@angel101

You gat serious issues because you fail to realize that what happens in any part of Nigeria affects the whole! Your blaoddy "Duke" is no better than the rest of the PDP governors so please can it! He only succeeded in staying prettier than the rest of them. If he fooled you, he did not fool the rest of Nigeria with his ye ye "TINAPA" rubbish!
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by angel101(f): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2007
No dear u can only speak for urself! u certainly cant speak for the rest of nigeria.
i have asked u, ur precious yaradua was a gov along with Duke. y didnt he treat his cattarh in hospitals he built?
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by McKren(m): 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2007
I cant believe an educated Nigerian thinks The Governor of Cross river sate should be blamed for the inability of the Governors of Katsina, Bayelsa and even the VP of Nigeria to use our medical facilities.

It is on record that CR state government has one of the best health policies, it is the only state in Nigeria with health insurance for cross riverians.

How somebody thinks, a Yaradua who needed periodic medication could not have a world class hospital in his own state where he has been governor for 8years, should be blamed on Duke another state Governor is both ludicrous and absurd.

What a shame.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by angel101(f): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2007
I beg tell aunty militia o!  grin
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by Beline(f): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2007
what is all these hating on Duke? does he make a mistake by building Tinapa? I know you would have prefered him to leave power without doing anything like other governors
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by Beline(f): 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2007
@MILITIA
A very misplaced project!  I hope when you "Tinapa gongists" beating this your drum of your  "almighty" Tinapa get sick from food poisoning or armed robbers shoot off ya arses, Tinapa will have an emergency response team to resuscitate you!  Rubbish! Tinapa ko!  Tinapa ni!  Na  only Tinapa the people for calabar go chop?  What a name "Tinapa"---SNEEZE!  Very local!

I think you would have prefered the Tinapa being called MILITIA
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2007
@Beline

No body hates Duke oh!  He is a "pretty" boy! grin  I just think his achievements are over-rated that all and he is no better than the other PDP  execu-thieves! grin

@angel101

See! grin  Your major problem?  Learn to think like a Nigerian person first instead a regional isolationist!  I choose to do that!  I am not speaking for the whole of Nigeria, but for myself!  The reason America remains great is because everyone thinks in terms of "we"not "I"!  Please make you try leave ya village small ok? grin  Just try once in a while to take a vacation in Ghana or Togo for some kind of exposure! cool I see you identified London as your location! He he he! That does not count since London is an extension of Nigeria's "backyard"! grin
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by McKren(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2007
Beline:

what is all these hating on Duke? does he make a mistake by building Tinapa? I know you would have prefered him to leave power without doing anything like other governors

Most of those connected to treasury looters are angry that the man tried to do something, with a monthly alloacation with as little as 1/3 of others he still made a difference, that is their annoyance. They are angry that he has shown Nigerians that a lot would have been achieved if our leaders are focused.

They want to blackmail him so that Bussiness as Usual continues, it will not work.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2007
I don tire for all these "Duke" concubines sef! grin  Make una go siddon jo!  He has a new set of girlfriends and cough cough---boyfriends too now! So y'all should stop campaigning for ----------- AD HOC -------------contracts! grin
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by Beline(f): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
MILITIA:

@Beline

No body hates Duke oh!  He is a "pretty" boy! grin  I just think his achievements are over-rated that all and he is no better than the other PDP  execu-thieves! grin

@angel101

See! grin  Your major problem?  Learn to think like a Nigerian person first instead a regional isolationist!  I choose to do that!  I am not speaking for the whole of Nigeria, but for myself!  The reason America remains great is because everyone thinks in terms of "we"not "I"!  Please make you try leave ya village small ok? grin  Just try once in a while to take a vacation in Ghana or Togo for some kind of exposure! cool

please try to appreciate what is good
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by debosky(m): 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2007
Militia you'll probably accuse me again on this, but what is your evidence that 'he did no better than his fellow PDP execu-thieves'?

there was recent flooding in parts of India and Pakistan due to excessive rainfall, even in parts of Britain a few weeks back, freak weather phenomena are not under the control of anyone. If the flooding problem is perennial, however, then it would be a different case.

If we had good meteorological records we could tell if the rainfall was more than usual to cause flooding, lacking that, claiming TINAPA was a misplaced project needs to be buttressed properly.

Simply because CR doesn't have the best medical facilities in the nation (in your own estimation) doesn't mean the facilities have been neglected.

I don't know how many private equity investors would put money in a hospital project, unless it was set up for profit. Duke seems to have performed much better than his peers, with visible imprints on the landscape left for posterity. If his vision doesn't fit in with your idea of 'prioritization' (a word that doesn't exist by the way cheesy ) you are truly entitled to your opinion.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2007
Beline:

please try to appreciate what is good

Sorry I cannot appreciate anything that smells like a "dumpster" ! Don't care how "pretty it is!  Nothing special about him!  Just another PDP smooth operating rougue! grin  He is tainted good!
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by Beline(f): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2007
McKren:

Most of those connected to treasury looters are angry that the man tried to do something, with a monthly alloacation with as little as 1/3 of others he still made a difference, that is their annoyance. They are angry that he has shown Nigerians that a lot would have been achieved if our leaders are focused.

They want to blackmail him so that Bussiness as Usual continues, it will not work.

I say AMEN to that, they will not succeed
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2007
debosky:

Militia you'll probably accuse me again on this, but what is your evidence that 'he did no better than his fellow PDP execu-thieves'?

there was recent flooding in parts of India and Pakistan due to excessive rainfall, even in parts of Britain a few weeks back, freak weather phenomena are not under the control of anyone. If the flooding problem is perennial, however, then it would be a different case.

If we had good meteorological records we could tell if the rainfall was more than usual to cause flooding, lacking that, claiming TINAPA was a misplaced project needs to be buttressed properly.

Simply because CR doesn't have the best medical facilities in the nation (in your own estimation) doesn't mean the facilities have been neglected.

I don't know how many private equity investors would put money in a hospital project, unless it was set up for profit. Duke seems to have performed much better than his peers, with visible imprints on the landscape left for posterity. If his vision doesn't fit in with your idea of 'prioritization' (a word that doesn't exist by the way cheesy ) you are truly entitled to your opinion.

You have come again with your need for "evidence"! grin
My friend, anything PDP is bad news---------Simple! No long talk!  Keep waiting for evidence oh!  You know that you can blow big big grammar even when fit kill "mohadana"! grin  I know I can never win where you are concerned oh---as the SAN of Niaraland! grin  Before you start--I say you don win oh! Carry go! grin  I don run from you oh!
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by debosky(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2007
why u dey run? grin

come here and state your case, don't worry I wont disclose your location, besides we have a witness protection program wink
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by Beline(f): 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2007
MILITIA:

Sorry I cannot appreciate anything that smells like a "dumpster" ! Don't care how "pretty it is!  Nothing special about him!  Just another PDP smooth operating rougue! grin  He is tainted good!  

I don't know the kind of planet you are coming from, for the fact that you have a problem with the mother does not mean you should count all the children alike.  This is Duke not PDP and in case you don't know if all his peers did a little of what he did including your darling Yar'Adua this country would be a little better than what it is today, don't forget that your darling was a governor just like him.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2007
debosky:

why u dey run? grin

come here and state your case, don't worry I wont disclose your location, besides we have a witness protection program wink

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I say you pass me oh!  I no fit oh! grin  I say you win! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by denex: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2007
Well those of you that are saying rubbish about TINAPA, I wonder why you didn't complain when SHOPRITE was being built in Lekki, or when SILVERBIRD GALLERIA was being constructed in Victoria Island.

Now business are flourishing in these places, people are being employed, and we're enjoying social infrastructure.

Is it because government has a stake in this one? So that's what makes it RUBBISH.

I have already planned that if I can put together a reasonable amount of money, I'm moving to Calabar. All of a sudden I'm hearing all these discouraging stories. Even Shoprite that was built on Sandfilled land, nobody has said the building will sink. Ah! You people gan should take it easy with government. If government shit, una go say the shit dey smell. Na Christian Dior e suppose scent?

And don't you forget that majority stake of TINAPA is held by private investors. If we say because government acquired shares there, we want to run the image of this thing down, we will ruin those people. You also forget that South Africans are watching this project and using it to see if it will measure up to the DSTV and MTN success so that they will know that these other two successes were not just flukes and so that more people will come and invest. If we use our mouths to bankrupt a large project like Tinapa, which foreign economic observer would want to venture into such. Even WALMART that is contemplating moving into Tinapa, una and these dirty, inside-out brained journalists will chase them away.

Also, those that are talking about having a hospital instead of Tinapa have no Idea what Tinapa is. Only a few sections of Tinapa are built into specific purposes such as the theatre, studio, mall, cinema and restaurants and suites. The remaining 80% of it can be transformed into whatever the acquisitor wants: banking halls, daycare centres, boutiques, libraries, spas, salons, travel agencies, liaison offices, cyber cafes, hospitals, pharmacies, gyms, clubhouses, anything. In fact Tinapa is so large, you can fit 4 major hospitals in it, and use the rest 70% space for the other businesses.

Abeg when you talk about consolidation of Banks, Telecommunications, debt payments, I don't see any other area that Nigeria has done so well in the past 20 years than with Tinapa.

And forgive me, I don't really know, but are the roads in Calabar bad? Who is poisoning their food and why are they not poisoning our food in Lagos?

I'm really getting worried now because my ex-girlfriend serving in Calabar sent me a message two days ago and we're trying to get back together. With all these analysis, maybe it was an armed robber who got her to open her yahoo messenger at gun point and send me an IM.

Armed Robbers, Food Poisoning, Bad Roads, MILITIA, wetin Calabar do you sef?

And since some people from Cross Rivers too are saying this project is misplaced, I am begging them to uproot it and replace it in Edo State where Lucky's major project is the movement of a pedestrian bridge from UBTH Gate to UNIBEN Gate.

Since it is misplaced, please let them replace it to Edo state and we will use prayers to force every Calabar indigene to heaven.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2007
denex:

Well those of you that are saying rubbish about TINAPA, I wonder why you didn't complain when SHOPRITE was being built in Lekki, or when SILVERBIRD GALLERIA was being constructed in Victoria Island.

Armed Robbers, Food Poisoning, Bad Roads, MILITIA, wetin Calabar do you sef?

And since some people from Cross Rivers too are saying this project is misplaced, I am begging them to uproot it and replace it in Edo State where Lucky's major project is the movement of a pedestrian bridge from UBTH Gate to UNIBEN Gate.

Since it is misplaced, please let them replace it to Edo state and we will use prayers to force every Calabar indigene to heaven.

Na wah oh!  Na wetin be all this?  Calabar has not done anything to me oh!  I have spoken about Edo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Igbos, hausas, and other ethnic groups in Nigeria based on the topics were are discussing!  Why the bad belle?  The point is that nothing in Nigeria is worth the "hello" about since it does not reflect in the lives of the common Nigerian!  When all these things you mentioned are accessible to our gatemen, househelps, purewater sellers, drivers and so on, then you can tell me about progress!  Catering to the rich and famous does not do "it" for me! HABA! You guys can drive a saint to drink! grin
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by debosky(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

denex like una edo people say 'oma' to Lucky! cheesy him do well

Militia we go fight o! I no wan win dis one, just give me the info u have, I sabi pesin for EFCC, they are awaiting my latest report, after the good job i did with Alams wink
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2007
debosky:

grin grin grin grin grin

denex like una edo people say 'oma' to Lucky! cheesy him do well

Militia we go fight o! I no wan win this one, just give me the info u have, I sabi pesin for EFCC, they are awaiting my latest report, after the good job i did with Alams wink

grin I say no be me and you oh! I no get power for ya side! Your gramma too much and I alway have headache after "sessions" with you! Even romance and sexuality topics na wahala! I beg leave me oh! grin
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by denex: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2007
This project is neither for the poor nor the rich. It was built to attract foreign exchange from European visitors not to be recycling Nigerian currency.

It is not built for Nigerians. It is built for Nigerians to use in making money of other nationals who come as tourists so if I see any houseboy there, I'll make sure he's arrested.
Re: Calabar: Missplaced Project by MILITIA(f): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2007
Beline:

I don't know the kind of planet you are coming from, for the fact that you have a problem with the mother does not mean you should count all the children alike.  This is Duke not PDP and in case you don't know if all his peers did a little of what he did including your darling Yar'Adua this country would be a little better than what it is today, don't forget that your darling was a governor just like him.

Na wetin dey worry you sef?  You be Duke "concubine"? shocked  Which one be ya own? grin  I beg go jare!  Haba!  No body don hear your cyber voice since oh!  Now it has come to "Duke" and Tinapa and you wan burn down my house! Take time oh!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The TRUE Size Of Africa – Maps Have Been Misleading For Over 500 Years! / Fashola Hands Over 34 New Fire Trucks And Fireman Apparels To The LSFS. PICS. / Live now on AIT: Chief Imam Calls BH Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.