Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed (21001 Views)

Police Has Arrested The Woman That Flung Her Underage Maid- Picture / Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP / The SARS They Said Has Been Reformed, Beat My Uncle To Death - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:46am On Oct 13, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

If it is not enough for them, let them resign.

As simple as that

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Sagefromtheeast: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2020
True that!
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Hisee: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2020
Hisee
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by FBACCOUNT: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2020
Nigeria police are the most foolishiest people have ever seen

FAIRLY USED AIR CONDITION IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE

PRODUCT-LG
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by joelag: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Hmmmmmmm, you are right. If you should be with a mobility (car, bike or anything alike) when arrested, you won't be allowed to leave too despite the bail until you settle the officer manning the gate.
Idimu police station in Ikotun gate fees is 2k.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2020
samsard:
Don't you know that it's one illegality that makes way for even bigger illegalities? Smaller thieves will eventually get greedier and you'll have SARS or whatever kidnappers with guns the police created.

Na today wey bail is free start.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by NaMe4: 7:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Very rotten system
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Saao(m): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2020
ENGINEERG:
I have been to several police stations, to solve many cases for people , and I have been a victims too of robbery and breach of contracts..In all, I paid money...In my eyes I saw how police are making millions in their stations on people who have cases..
And at the end, after arm twisting people to pay , at the counter people will still pay for Bail,
Anyone who enter cell will pay for Soap, pay for water , which were not provided
In police station ,you will see BAIL IS FREE, but its never free
Even if you have a lawyer, its your lawyer who will negotiate the bail for you
All the money police make illegally get to the top, and it is hard their hierarchy change this narrative
But I believe, a day Bail is free, Police is actually reformed
even police also paid for bail for the family members at least I witness one this year, when an inspector wife who happens to be my inlaw was arrested, the husband (inspector of police) paid for her bail.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Jabioro: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2020
If you have anything to do with Nigeria police, either you are victim of yourself or fall victim or the wrong end you must pay..I have many experience encounter.. Recently at hand uptill now we are looking at each other...I am bothering how how civil securities system are being run..
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2020
Second that, this is why I supported #ReformNigeriaPolice..... not just #EndSARS alone, the foundation of this country has been destroyed.
The time for change is now.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2020
One report that rated all the agencies of government stated that police is the most corrupt agency of government followed by NEPA.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Sagefromtheeast: 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
Dukeolumidemans:
Is like telling me POLICE is ur friend or SARS has been banned... I prefer to believe BUHARI can pronounce FIBUNACCI or ODONTOID PROCESS... grin grin grin tongue
Kai! grin
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ojuu4u(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
ENGINEERG:
I have been to several police stations, to solve many cases for people , and I have been a victims too of robbery and breach of contracts..In all, I paid money...In my eyes I saw how police are making millions in their stations on people who have cases..
And at the end, after arm twisting people to pay , at the counter people will still pay for Bail,
Anyone who enter cell will pay for Soap, pay for water , which were not provided
All the money police make illegally get to the top, and it is hard their hierarchy change this narrative

Anything works perfectly in other countries will struggle to work up to 49% in Nigeria.

Seems as accursed nation.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by NaMe4: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2020
shaggy007:
That's a good point

But police have to eat na

BehindBiafra:
Allow police to do their choppings. Bail is free is not the problem. Bail is just 5k .The problem Is SARS they dont have names to trace, no badge they dont have plate number to track. They dont have uniform. Full blown robbers
Pls allow the police to do their small Choppings. The real. thieves are SARS.

This is BBC interview they took 150k from a guy who owns a restaurant and threatened to implicate him if he doesn't pay them for no reason

The problem is SARS not police

This is terrible!
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ugolinze123(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2020
Angrykidd:

Then they have to die if that's what will make this country take a step forward ,don't you agree?
Na you wan Kee dem..I sure know I can't.. this corruption of a thing is actually deep rooted than we see on the outside abi u think say Na only those SARS you see inside minibus or sienna cars dey chop those money alone. Don't be surprised una Oya sef way disband am talk get cut inside..

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by floridam(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2020
In Fela's voice.....
Police station don turn to bank, DPO na banki manager.
soja go, soja come, soja carry soja go.
Police station don turn to bank, IG na managing director.
soja go, soja come, soja carry soja go.

You nailed it OP.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by LivingSage: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2020
ENGINEERG:
Well said.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by tete7000(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2020
BehindBiafra:
Allow police to do their choppings. Bail is free is not the problem. Bail is just 5k .The problem Is SARS they dont have names to trace, no badge they dont have plate number to track. They dont have uniform. Full blown robbers

This is BBC interview they took 150k from a guy who owns a restaurant and threatened to implicate him if he doesn't pay them for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Id5WvpeGks

SARS is part of police, so by extension all is about police reform.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by SexytorresE(f): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2020
Simple
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Voiceofthestree: 8:03am On Oct 13, 2020
Chikpat:
I have seen someone bailed free and on self recognition. He didn't involve lawyers and any 3rd parties

You be osuho u say *self recognition *
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Oludara202: 8:03am On Oct 13, 2020
It's hardly going to happen. If you want good things to happen in the force, there must be salary upgrade, how can the average policeman with family get a good life with a salary of less than 100k . The system is just a mess. The salary disparity is just too much compared to some others at the top.

It is easier to effect most of the policies we make when you give them what they deserve. We live in a country where the people at the top are heartless.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Karemarealty288(m): 8:03am On Oct 13, 2020
Even when u report a case, you will asked to pay an agreed amount ...let's say from 50k and above before commencement of investigation....you even pay for transportation, feeding and another pay after service is render...it does not end there. They will turn around and start milking the accused.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by alpamo6: 8:06am On Oct 13, 2020
Police only extort, lost my phone few weeks back at the market, went to police station to complain immediately, have to pay to register the case and paid again for police extract, in the end pair10000 naira after much bargaining. Gross for person that lost his property.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ModestGal(f): 8:06am On Oct 13, 2020
I'm not angry at the police thats collects bribes but the weak Nigerians that will prefer to keep saying it is not possible for them to be treated right.
An average Nigerian is a weakling, for the first time, the youths have shown bravery

Those saying nothing can be done to remedify it are the problem. Let every one come out and share their narrations and protest for police Reformation, and let's continue to voice out against these bad practices.

Add the numbers of police together, it can never be up to the number of we Nigerians and yet WEAKLINGS would say nothing can be done

Let 100million out of the 200million Nigerians come out, voice out and let us see if it won't be remedified.
Let everyone refuses to pay the useless bribe across the country, and demand for justice, by the time we continue to make global news for days, something will be done

But No, Nigerians prefer to grumble whistle and say, its not possible for things to get better. Nigerians are WEAK people. Period

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ModestGal(f): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2020
alpamo6:
Police only extort, lost my phone few weeks back at the market, went to police station to complain immediately, have to pay to register the case and paid again for police extract, in the end pair10000 naira after much bargaining. Gross for person that lost his property.
Did they find it for you?
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by sweetrace(f): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Tintinnoty:
Bail is free but unfortunately, unscrupulous officers still extort suspects and make them pay for 'bail' before they are released.

Nigeria is a messed up country where everybody looks for way taking the advantage of the other.

In this country, we are who we are.

This is not true. Bail is paid in most countries. The Bail bond one pays is forfeited if the person does not show up in court.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Sunnyja: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2020
BehindBiafra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Id5WvpeGks

How can you say that "bail is just 5k"?! You people are the problem of this country. Same way some idiots said only criminals are protesting against SARS.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by TheWalkingMind: 8:15am On Oct 13, 2020
Let's start the trend on twitter then.

#PoliceReform #FreeBailIsOurRight

2 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by TheWalkingMind: 8:17am On Oct 13, 2020
Oludara202:
It's hardly going to happen. If you want good things to happen in the force, there must be salary upgrade, how can the average policeman with family get a good life with a salary of less than 100k . The system is just a mess. The salary disparity is just too much compared to some others at the top.

It is easier to effect most of the policies we make when you give them what they deserve. We live in a country where the people at the top are heartless.
Your first paragraph makes zero sense.

How do other profession survive?

If they're not cool with their pay let them protest.

EnoughIsEnough. #FreeBailIsOurRight

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ugofulfilled(m): 8:18am On Oct 13, 2020
shaggy007:
That's a good point
But police have to eat na
They earn salary
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Tintinnoty(m): 8:24am On Oct 13, 2020
sweetrace:

This is not true. Bail is paid in most countries. The Bail bond one pays is forfeited if the person does not show up in court.
that you're talking about is known as court bail. I guess the op is talking about the normal police bail also known as administrative bail. That administrative bail is free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Throwback: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2020
I totally agree with the OP, and shame on those who are defending corruption, claiming Police also need to eat.

Many are in their respective offices extorting Nigerians also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Sends Judge To Prison For Alleged Fraud / Suicidal Woman Rescued After She Jumped Into A River In Kogi / Mobile Police Officers Protest In Maiduguri Over Non-Payment Of Allowance (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.