Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed (20994 Views)

Police Has Arrested The Woman That Flung Her Underage Maid- Picture / Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP / The SARS They Said Has Been Reformed, Beat My Uncle To Death - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by samcolee(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
crafteeworld:
nigerian police go prefer make dem kukuma just scrap the police force than for bail to be free

THE BIGGER PICTURE IS TO END THE POLICE AS A WHOLE, ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Emanodimo(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
ENGINEERG:
I have been to several police stations, to solve many cases for people , and I have been a victims too of robbery and breach of contracts..In all, I paid money...In my eyes I saw how police are making millions in their stations on people who have cases..
And at the end, after arm twisting people to pay , at the counter people will still pay for Bail,
Anyone who enter cell will pay for Soap, pay for water , which were not provided
In police station ,you will see BAIL IS FREE, but its never free
Even if you have a lawyer, its your lawyer who will negotiate the bail for you
All the money police make illegally get to the top, and it is hard their hierarchy change this narrative
But I believe, a day Bail is free, Police is actually reformed

That Bail is free should hold a place if there is any sort of ten commandment in reforming the Police. Your story is very visibe right there at the Police Headquarters, Ikeja.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by tiger28: 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
BRING BACK Nigerians in the Diaspora with Military and Police experience to lead in positions as ACP's (Zonal heads of DPO's) . LURE them back home with incentives and you will see PROFESSIONALISM and ACCOUNTABILITY. This is BECAUSE these Diasporan Officers arent used to rot and corruption that our local Police Heads are used to.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by banio: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
Is bail free in any part of the world ?.

Even in advance countries, me think bail has to come through a court or something close to that.

Anyways, anybody living in Advance World can educate me.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by DedeNkem: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2020
Nigerian police is the worst in the world!
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by CoolAmbience(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2020
Thazard:

please sir explain

I just called the CP of the state and explained the situation to him; I also enquired from him if it was his directive to the Division to request money from citizens.

Na so everybody take dodge their heads leave the matter, as I insisted that if I must pay any money that it must be into a designated police account, as I wanted proof for the money I was paying.

Not that I don't appreciate the extent of corruption in the Police Force bro. However, by the same measure, Nigerians should always try to do what is right while awaiting actions by such unscrupulous officers. For instance, get and renew their driver's licenses when due, obey traffic regulations etc. Many drivers will never renew their driver's licenses from year to year; and would prefer giving policemen money on the road daily.

I don't know if you understand me. It's really a systemic thing. I mean, we, Nigerians, provided the breeding ground for the kind of police that we have.

Is it just the police? What of our universities, market task forces, vigilante groups, churches, mosques, ministries, departments, agencies, town unions, traditional institutions etc.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by bethelofficial: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
Quality Seagrass Planter
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Linda13Olson: 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
To tell the truth, I have never heard before that bail can be free. Indeed, it goes without saying that it is a commercial service and sure you will have to pay for it. Frankly speaking, I have a brother who is a bully by nature and he always gets in a different skirmish. We always take him from jail for minor violations. I don't know how and where he finds all these troubles, but we always have problems with him. Honestly, we never asked for help directly in a police station. We usually address bail bonds in Oakland. These are proven guys that resolve any problems in the shortest time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts bottles Of Codeine Syrup, illicit drugs At Onne, Abuja Ports / Suicidal Woman Rescued After She Jumped Into A River In Kogi / Mobile Police Officers Protest In Maiduguri Over Non-Payment Of Allowance (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.