Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC (30796 Views)

Tax; OPEC Reveals Reasons Why dangote Petrol Is Costly In Nigeria / Oil Companies Projected To Supply Dangote Refinery, Others 597,700 BPD Of Crude / No Enough Crude For P/harcourt Refinery, Others – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Piro18: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nice one
Golan007:

Shut up.

Dangote's refinery has no financial hindrance.

Business strategy my foot.

No project of such magnitude that isn't indmenified and indeed backed by various financial powerhouses - local and international.

It is in their best interest to see the project come to fruition as their funds are tied down.

By the way, It is well known on this forum that you have never wished the country well.

Whatever measure of hope and positivity found in this nation you are always willing to decry it.

Would you die if you see positive news?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by seanfer(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
osuulola:

Raw material in Niger Delta, refinery in Lagos. It's no different from Ajaokuta.

If Crude ca be exported to other countries from the SS, then there won’t be problem moving crude from SS to Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
QuotaSystem:

You are just deliberately being obstinate.

For goodness sake, how hard is it to understand that eliminating our daily dollar bleed importing refined Petroleum (billions of $ annually) will drastically reduce dollar demand & price? Or that the forex earned from exporting the excess will have a similar impact?

What about the forex saved from importing several petrochemicals, and the multiplier effects it will have on allied industries & the general economy?

Consider these posers rhetorical & ignore if you're unable to respond coherently as I'm not as patient as Golan007.
come bck with your real user name then we can ha e a conversation. as u must have noticed. I ain't one of them ignorant Nigerian.Its orite throwing big words around with the aim of achieving nothing.
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by femmix112(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Let’s wait and see

No offense i like your tick waist grin
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Ogunleti01: 5:13am On Oct 14, 2020
FarahAideed:
I pray Dangote refinery doesn't turn into another Ajaokuta
Nah Govt own Dangote Refinery?
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Solsix(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2020
seanfer:

It was meant to start full operation in 2021 before the COVID-19 outbreak.
I just want it to start operating so that ourNaira can rest and have some value. Because we won’t be importing fuel as much as we are doing now.
I dey tell u
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by FarahAideed: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2020
Ogunleti01:
Nah Govt own Dangote Refinery?

Must govt own something before it becomes moribund ? Was it Govt that owned his tomato paste plant that failed ?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by warliue: 10:15am On Oct 14, 2020
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2020
erico2k2:

well by loads of people!dont forget its a group of which he is the chairman!
he owns 85%

Does that takes it away from being privately owned?
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
ULSHERLAN:

Does that takes it away from being privately owned?
not at all sir however check this, as a Business man going by the way things stand would you invest your 85% of money i nto the OIL sector like yesterday??Do you think you can secure creditors for the oil sectorwont you hold your money until the uncertinty i n the oil sector blow past?
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Ogunleti01: 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2020
FarahAideed:

Must govt own something before it becomes moribund ? Was it Govt that owned his tomato paste plant that failed ?
Nah federal govt project I guess! In the wildest of imagination would anyone thinks Dangote will allow his multi-billion dollar investment go moribund! Does any link whatsoever exist between Dangote Refinery and Ajaokuta Steel Company?
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
erico2k2:

not at all sir however check this, as a Business man going by the way things stand would you invest your 85% of money i nto the OIL sector like yesterday??Do you think you can secure creditors for the oil sectorwont you hold your money until the uncertinty i n the oil sector blow past?

Even with the OPEC restriction, Nigeria still produces over 1million BBL of crude daily and I doubt Dangote's refinery can refine up to that daily.
Secondly, lets assume the refinery has a capacity to refine more than our daily crude production, do you know that neighboring oil producing countries will prefer bringing their oil here due to cheaper logistic and all than taking the product abroad?

Either ways, it is a win win situation
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
ULSHERLAN:

Even with the OPEC restriction, Nigeria still produces over 1million BBL of crude daily and I doubt Dangote's refinery can refine up to that daily.
Secondly, lets assume the refinery has a capacity to refine more than our daily crude production, do you know that neighboring oil producing countries will prefer bringing their oil here due to cheaper logistic and all than taking the product abroad?

Either ways, it is a win win situation
Ok but did you see what i asked in my last post?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Check Your INEC Voter's Registration Status / Court Of Appeal Sacks 2 Senators, 8 House Of Rep. Members / "I Didn't Give Approval For Launch Of Radio Biafra In America"– Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.