Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC (30471 Views)

No Enough Crude For P/harcourt Refinery, Others – Minister / Dangote Refinery, Others To End 40.1 Billion Naira Daily Fuel Subsidy / Nigeria Earned $206bn From Oil In Five Years – OPEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2020
grin
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by miclef86(m): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
Good news for Dangote but it's going to cause more harm than good in most OPEC's exporting countries.
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by chamboy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
Yahksbiz:
who is enemy sef
white people.
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
It actually making more sense in that axis everyday. Buy land at Ibeju-Lekki now and key into ongoing opportunities.

Not just to buy land, but to be strategically positioned in an axis with greater potential and opportunities. That's life time investment.

Ibeju-Lekki top real estate investment destination for investors.

Bricks Garden Estate 700k per plot

Buy 5 plots and get 1 free.

Hopewell Estate - 2.5m per plot

Five Oaks Estate, located at Eleko Junction, Lekki Epe Express Way - 13m per plot.

For inspection and enquiry: 07011333155
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by SAMBARRY: 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
There was a country lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Bloggersp: 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
Hmmm,
i doubt if anything good will come out from naija/Africa as a whole
.Dangote refinery
.eko Atlantic city e.t.c will end up like ajaokuta
cause it will affect some people's economy
if you know u know
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2020
FarahAideed:
I pray Dangote refinery doesn't turn into another Ajaokuta

Do you know that Dangote refinery is privately owned like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
FarahAideed:

Go school, you no gree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by arsenal33: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
FarahAideed:
IT IS PRIVATELY OWNED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by FarahAideed: 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
Golan007:

Go school, you no gree.

Wetin concern school with this talk ... Refinery that was supposed be ready by 2018 is stuck now with lack of finance and uncertainty and you are here telling about school..I eat and breathe business strategy for living ..Trust me Dangote refinery might end up being another Ajaokuta if care is not taken ..Read in between the line of what this OPEC projection us saying
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by FarahAideed: 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
arsenal33:
IT IS PRIVATELY OWNED

So ? At many points wasn't Ajaokuta handed over to many private people including steel giant Mittal ?
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
FarahAideed:

Wetin concern school with this talk ... Refinery that was supposed be ready by 2018 is stuck now with lack of finance and uncertainty and you are here telling about school..I eat and breathe business strategy for living ..Trust me Dangote refinery might end up being another Ajaokuta if care is not taken ..Read in between the line of what this OPEC projection us saying

Shut up.

Dangote's refinery has no financial hindrance.

Business strategy my foot.

No project of such magnitude that isn't indmenified and indeed backed by various financial powerhouses - local and international.

It is in their best interest to see the project come to fruition as their funds are tied down.

By the way, It is well known on this forum that you have never wished the country well.

Whatever measure of hope and positivity found in this nation you are always willing to decry it.

Would you die if you see positive news?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
seanfer:

This is a private business. It will surely not end like Ajaokuta.
There are huge loans attached to it, so do not bank on it
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Contango(m): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
The commissioning of Dangote refinery will mark the begining of the strengthening of the naira. I can't wait!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
FarahAideed:

So ? At many points wasn't Ajaokuta handed over to many private people including steel giant Mittal ?

You skipped too many classes, not to mention that your use of commonsense leaves much to be desired.

How can you compare an Ajaokuta that is government's brainchild, riddled with bureaucratic bottlenecks, various interests including the host community, politicians, fly-by-night business persons with the vision of one man, with a large proportion of the work already done?

You've been off this forum for quite a while, perhaps you were engaged in Big Brother Nigeria issues.

Maybe another of such distraction might be welcomed, considering the level of your contribution on more serious issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
Golan007:

Shut up.

Dangote's refinery has no financial hindrance.

Business strategy my foot.

No project of such magnitude isn't indmenified and indeed backed by various financial powerhouses - local and international.

It is in their best interest to see the project come to fruition as their funds are tied down.

By the way, It is well known on this forum that you have never wished the country well.

Whatever measure of hope and positivity found in this nation you are always willing to decry it.

Would you die if you see positive news?

Bross chill small, this whole project is based onOIl and the loans are based at the going price of oil and the greenback, if oil crashes, he wont meet up.As we speak there is nowhere he is going to secure money to invest i n the Oil sector cos of the almost No market for produce,Already establishe refinary are struggling to keep thier books,Sometimes we have to look straight at reality and take it on.We do not know how long this covid wahala is going to linger however if 20221 and 2022 looks anything like 2020 then I am afraid the beliefs will move in cos loans needs paid back!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by rhythyson: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nbotee:
The plants dat d govt have succeeded in making comatose

Say what you know mumu
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by slivertongue: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
OK but let it come on first...
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
Contango:
The commissioning of Dangote refinery marks the begining of the strengthening of the naira. I can't wait!
I will disagree on this one, ask yourself this, is the Endproduct going internation to fetch Dollars or is it for local mkt then naira
the answer will give you and insight to you initial thought!
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
ULSHERLAN:

Do you know that Dangote refinery is privately owned like this
well by loads of people!dont forget its a group of which he is the chairman!
he owns 85%
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
Same refineries obj sold and yar adua reversed the sale
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
erico2k2:
Bross chill small, this whole project is based onOIl and the loans are based at the going price of oil and the greenback, if oil crashes, he wont meet up.As we speak there is nowhere he is going to secure money to invest i n the Oil sector cos of the almost No market for produce,Already establishe refinary are struggling to keep thier books,Sometimes we have to look straight at reality and take it on.We do not know how long this covid wahala is going to linger however if 20221 and 2022 looks anything like 2020 then I am afraid the beliefs will move in cos loans needs paid back!

I insist, it is in the best interest of his backers to continue with support for the project.

Can you point to any document which suggests this refinery and its profitability is based on a given price per barrel?

Absolutely none.

There is demand for energy locally and in the sub region.

Claiming that Covid-19 or general drop in price of the feedstock has nothing to do with the project.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by optimus106(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
They don't want to fix our refineries so they can continue to enrich dangote.

It is well ooo
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2020
erico2k2:

I will disagree on this one, ask yourself this, is the Endproduct going internation to fetch Dollars or is it for local mkt then naira
the answer will give you and insight to you initial thought!

Did you attend the same institution as FarahAideed?

You sure sound a lot like him.

How can you even suggest the vast reduction in need for dollars to import a product we consume in billions daily, would not have a commensurate impact on the sliding of our local currency?

Is positivity anathema to you guys?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
Golan007:

I insist, it is in the best interest of his backers to continue with support for the project.

Can you point to any document which suggests this refinery and its profitability is based on a given price per barrel?

Absolutely none.

There is demand for energy locally and in the sub region.

Claiming that Covid-19 or general drop in price of the feedstock has nothing to do with the project.
wel you are saying backers, I call that investors/Creditors,(meaning they cant lose cos he has to pay back.He has been taking money from creditors at current interest %, Don't 4get the creditors are mostly not Nigerians so man no man here.The interest rate varies as per world trade and the price of crude plays a significant role to his means of securing credit as the sole reason he now has to borrow is to build a refinary of whice crude is a primary raw material. Investors a no longer kin to credit the crude oil sector as its way to volatile as at today, my STAy is if 2021 and 2020 continues it will be near imposible for him to secure credit to continue.The #1 cunsumer of crud are the Airlines and they are almost all grounded.
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
Abouwaza:
There was never a refinery in the first place
You think Nigeria is ready to have a refinery?
Wetin our masters (US and UK) go chop?
Who told you there was never a refinery in the first place, are you aware Port Harcourt refinery, one of Nigeria refinery was owned by the British sold to the Nigerian government? When they say there is corruption, if a refinery could be sold to the Nigerian government since the exist of the British colonist then Nigeria is in a big problem.
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
erico2k2:

wel you are saying backers, I call that investors/Creditors,(meaning they cant lose cos he has to pay back.He has been taking money from creditors at current interest %, Don't 4get the creditors are mostly not Nigerians so man no man here.The interest rate varies as per world trade and the price of crude plays a significant role to his means of securing credit as the sole reason he now has to borrow is to build a refinary of whice crude is a primary raw material. Investors a no longer kin to credit the crude oil sector as its way to volatile as at today, my STAy is if 2021 and 2020 continues it will be near imposible for him to secure credit to continue.The #1 cunsumer of crud are the Airlines and they are almost all grounded.

The number 1 consumers of crude are not airlines.

The common man on the road in Nigeria , day in and day out consumes more fuel than all the airplanes in west Africa.
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Golan007:

Did you attend the same institution as FarahAideed?

You sure sound a lot like him.

How can you even suggest the vast reduction in need for dollars to import a product we consume in billions daily, would not have a commensurate impact on the sliding of our local currency?

Is positivity anathema to you guys?

you seem to forget outright that the Naira strength is based solely o n US as Nigerians selling our crude not us buying petrol! right?
or are you confusing yourself witht the availibility of forex and the actual streghnt of the naira?
talking about positivity I laugh, that sounds like something from the school of thought of those who see building a flyover as an achievement I swear down.
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
Golan007:

The number 1 consumers of crude are not airlines.

The common man on the road in Nigeria , day in and day out consumes more fuel than all the airplanes in west Africa.

You have got no clue, so you are telling me the reason teh Oil industry is crashed right about now is cos the common man on the street stopped driving right? grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by erico2k2(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
onyechez:

Who told you there was never a refinery in the first place, are you aware Port Harcourt refinery, one of Nigeria refinery was owned by the British sold to the Nigerian government? When they say there is corruption, if a refinery could be sold to the Nigerian government since the exist of the British colonist then Nigeria is in a big problem.
realy? when did the British build the PH refinary?
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
erico2k2:

you seem to forget outright that the Naira strength is based solely o n US as Nigerians selling our crude not us buying petrol! right?
or are you confusing yourself witht the availibility of forex and the actual streghnt of the naira?
talking about positivity I laugh, that sounds like something from the school of thought of those who see building a flyover as an achievement I swear down.

Just writing gibberish with confidence.

Do you even understand the basics of supply and demand?

If Mr. A goes to Ouagadougou to buy batik to sell in Ariaria market but suddenly finds he can purchase same quantity and quality of tomatoes in Umuahia:

What would happen to his general income?

Would he save on:

Going to Mompha to buy CFA?

Would he save on travelling to Bobo dialaso for meetings and contract signing?

What happens to Mompha's dollar sale when his big customer no longer shows up?

Would he sell the dollar he had been preserving at the same rate knowing his big customer was coming to mop it up, or would he look to make quick business selling at the lowest but profitable price he can see?

Would Mr. A require dollars for conveyance, landing, even bribing?
Re: Dangote Refinery, Others Threaten Existing Plants – OPEC by Golan007: 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
erico2k2:

You have got no clue, so you are telling me the reason teh Oil industry is crashed right about now is cos the common man on the street stopped driving right? grin grin grin

You surely attended the same institution as FarahAideed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Visits APC Chieftain, Olumilua (Photos) / Niger Delta Avengers Will Regret Their Actions - Military / Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.