Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,126 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff (19088 Views)

IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / Paternity Fraud: Now Is The Appropriate Time To Criminalize This Fraudulent Act / How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by missyojo(f): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2020
Kemmy210:

My sender drove to the Western Union office again where they confirmed that it was received at the bank where I went to.I don't want to go alone,do am waiting for my sister now,we would go there in the next 5mins.They would see the real madness.
The guy left his seat when he saw me with the manager,what does that mean?

Ensure you create a scene there too. What nonsense!!
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 10:13am On Oct 15, 2020
Acrobatics01:
op, are you sure it wasn't you that picked the money? Like very sure?
If you really sure you didn't pick the money, then you will get it. The money is small to engage police or the rest cos they will charge you so if really u mean that the cashier took your own money, then the cashier will go in for it.
They will give you details of when the cash was picked up and the branch that paid. The bank should show you the cctv footage.
Tell the manager all these if he isn't responding, tell him you're sending email to the HQ.

Carry us along a u do this. I'm interested in this case. Nigeria has gone past this sh*t.
Thanks so much, I am going with my elder sister to the bank now.
What will it take me to say simple thank you to the sender after receiving it,immediately she sent the money to me on my first thread,I quickly edit the post meaning am no longer in need of help from others.Her own is more than enough,so does it mean I wanted to collect twice? Capital NO
This will be my 3rd day of going this week.If anyone is in ikorodu,he/she can confirm the story.The guy confirmed to the manager on Tuesday that truly he collected the slip from me,but since I didn't provide the sender's name,he returned it likewise the person beside him said he saw me when I came on Monday
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2020
missyojo:

Ensure you create a scene there too. What nonsense!!
Thanks
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Chapter1vs6(m): 10:33am On Oct 15, 2020
Kemmy210:
Thanks
what's the name of the branch in ikorodu and bank?
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by signature2012(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2020
Kemmy210:

Thanks so much, I am going with my elder sister to the bank now.
What will it take me to say simple thank you to the sender after receiving it,immediately she sent the money to me on my first thread,I quickly edit the post meaning am no longer in need of help from others.Her own is more than enough,so does it mean I wanted to collect twice? Capital NO
This will be my 3rd day of going this week.If anyone is in ikorodu,he/she can confirm the story.The guy confirmed to the manager on Tuesday that truly he collected the slip from me,but since [b]I didn't provide the sender's name[/b]he returned it likewise the person beside him said he saw me when I came on Monday

At bolded was the first fault from the sender.Why was she hiding the her name?Well,best reasons known to her.

Go there again,this time do some kolomentalist madness for them and if possible,video the scenario.
The bank must pull or provide where the money was picked and by who.They have access to this.

3 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Chapter1vs6(m): 10:58am On Oct 15, 2020
seborrhic:
Why would a bank staff jeopardize his job over 21k when he knows it's very easy these days to detect a fraudulent transaction.
I am suspecting the op collected the money and is here telling stories .
you may not be far from the truth
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
Chapter1vs6:
what's the name of the branch in ikorodu and bank?
Union bank,
82,isawo road.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
oluplus:
There's what we call force payment. Force payment will apply when an operator (bank staff in this case) views a western union transaction but unable to pay it out due to incorrect info provided by the beneficiary. . The funds should not be made available for payment again. Force payment simply means fund will be sent back to the originator so nobody can access it. It is expected that the sender should resend when the beneficiary now has the correct info about the transfer.
This is to protect the operator in case of dispute (your case is a perfect example).

So pls go back and ask if they returned the money when you didn't supply the sender's name. If they did not, they have a case to answer.

I just came back from there now, i went with my sister.The manager said nothing like that has happened in the bank before that she is still shocked.She gave me a sheet of paper to write everything that happened which I did,that she want to scan it to their headquarter.She later come for the mtcn that they want to use it to track who and where they collect the money.So she asked me to drop my number that she will call me,my sister also collected her(manager) number before we left

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2020
oluplus:

Something is not right. The branch can contact the W/U dept in head office to check the Payment terminal. It will show the office(bank or any other W/U payment point), location, date, time and the ID of the operator that paid.
If the branch is guilty, then won't do it.

Op can write directly to their head office.

I was waiting for sender's reply yesterday that's why I didn't go to the bank yesterday.I was there today and they are already tracking it.I was told to drop my contact after I was told to write everything that happened down.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2020
Femsyn:

In as much as the help is appreciated, calling Nigerians scammers and thieves is completely out of line. Also, note that, it's your prerogative to stop helping on nairaland, but that will never stop others from helping sincere people in need.

Pele o, bosslady.

Back to topic, this is the easiest case to unravel. Go to the bank, make a scene. The documents used in processing the funds must be provided.
I was in the bank this morning,they have started tracking it,I hope the person behind this is revealed.
I never pray for this experience in this life.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by oluplus(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kemmy210:

I just came back from there now, i went with my sister.The manager said nothing like that has happened in the bank before that she is still shocked.She gave me a sheet of paper to write everything that happened which I did,that she want to scan it to their headquarter.She later come for the mtcn that they want to use it to track who and where they collect the money.So she asked me to drop my number that she will call me,my sister also collected her(manager) number before we left

OK. Did you collect an acknowledgment copy of your letter?
Give them like a week. If nothing is forth coming, you will escalate them to appropriate authorities

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2020
oluplus:

OK. Did you collect an acknowledgment copy of your letter?
Give them like a week. If nothing is forth coming, you will escalate them to appropriate authorities
No,she only collected the letter from me and confirmed that they are already tracking it.My sister called another Union bank manager who spoke with the manager we met,so am sure they will work on it.I don't mind if they return the money to the sender,I need my name to protect here.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Klass99(f): 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2020

5 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
Klass99:

Why would she do that? I don't think she is lying at all, after going through 2 pages of this thread and seeing her narrative.

Kemmy210, I hope this issue is resolved in your favour. Goodluck

Thanks, they are tracking it already
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by lilachiever(m): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kemmy210:

Union bank,
82,isawo road.

Wow. I know the bank, kinda close to Echo Microfinance bank and Mechanic village.

That branch is so small, you should have gone to a bigger one. There's one at Ikorodu garage
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
lilachiever:

Wow. I know the bank, kinda close to Echo Microfinance bank and Mechanic village.

That branch is so small, you should have gone to a bigger one. There's one at Ikorodu garage
Yes, opposite mechanic village.I only searched location of their agents on Western Union website and decided to go to the one close to me.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by chii8(f): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
Calling Nigerians names because of an issue with op isn't fair at all oooo.Hopefully, the money will be tracked down.There are still genuine and sincere people in Nigeria,Biko. I'm believing God for a better and greater tomorrow for Nigeria and every Nigerian.

God no go shame us cry cry cry

7 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kemmy210:

Thanks, they are tracking it already
I hope they do, retrieve it from the guy, and give it to you.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
I really wish bankers could actually confirm if it's impossible to receive money without sender's name and if it is then it is so wrong for our sweet helper to tag everyone of us and call us thieves for a case that can be investigated.

I'm going to do my research and come back here. We must get to the root of this.

Our name have been smeared more than enough that's it's now so easy to put one person's sin on 200 million people. If the OP was from somewhere else, the first thought won't definitely be a scam, instead finding a way to solve the issue will come first.

One day soon sha, Our name will be held in high esteem again.

8 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2020
From this it shows that senders name is actually important. Kenny, you should have done enough research before going to the bank and the cashier just exploited your innocence thinking you won't notice early and then forget his face.

Don't wait a week, Nigerian banks will do nothing. Go there again tomorrow with a male and move to their headquarters if they don't do something serious. It takes a simple search on their database to fish out who received your money, they telling you to call the sender and ask that day is very fishy. If you need money for transport, send me a pm and I'll send you something. We must get to the bottom of this.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2020
elantraceey:
I really wish bankers could actually confirm if it's impossible to receive money without sender's name and if it is then it is so wrong for our sweet helper to tag everyone of us and call us thieves for a case that can be investigated.

I'm going to do my research and come back here. We must get to the root of this.

Our name have been smeared more than enough that's it's now so easy to put one person's sin on 200 million people. If the OP was from somewhere else, the first thought won't definitely be a scam, instead finding a way to solve the issue will come first.

One day soon sha, Our name will be held in high esteem again.
Nigerians are scammers and thieves. There, I've said it again. If that's what some of y'all are so bent on, then, too bad. It's called freedom of speech. I sent money to someone two years ago to do some work for me in Nigeria only for him to block me on Whatsapp after he got the money. And oh, he got it without me giving him my name at all. The first name I used in communicating with him was my middle name and I never gave him my last name, but he gave me his names and banking information for the money and was able to get it. Idk how he did it but all I did was give him the MTCN #. Remind me what your argument here is again? I had to find someone else here to do the work for me. I had asked him simply because I was trying to patronize a Nigerian. Foolish me. One of my siblings sent $6000 to someone in Nigeria for a project last year and not only did she refuse to do it but she called my brother insulting him that the money he had sent wasn't enough. Meanwhile no one knows what she did with the $6000. I can go on. Nigerians are fraudulent by nature; it's nothing new under the sun. If you're offended by me calling Nigerians scammers and thieves, then, if the shoes fits...

*Regarding OP needing my name, she said she had found out how to get the money without my name that day (Monday) but by that time she did the money had been received/picked up. How is me not giving her my name the cause of a BANK STAFF stealing it, redirecting it to his account or whatever method he used? That is, assuming her story is true - because all I'm going by is what she says. I am not responsible for anyone's lack of ethics to steal what didn't belong to them (if the staff did indeed take the money).
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kemmy210, create an account on twitter if you don't have one already and tell this story and tag both union bank, western union and CBN and you'll be amazed how fast they could respond.

2 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2020
Glaciered:
Nigerians are scammers and thieves. There, I've said it again. If that's what some of y'all are so bent on, then, too bad. It's called freedom of speech. I sent money to someone two years ago to do some work for me in Nigeria only for him to block me on Whatsapp after he got the money. And oh, he got it without me giving him my name at all. The first name I used in communicating with him was my middle name and I never gave him my last name, but he gave me his name and banking information for the money and was able to get it. Idk how he did it but all I did was give him the mtcn #. Remind me what your argument is again? I had to find someone else here to do the work for me. I had asked him simply because I was trying to patronize a Nigerian. Foolish me. One of my siblings sent $6000 to someone in Nigeria for a project last year and not only did she refuse to do it but she called my brother insulting him that the money he had sent wasn't enough. Meanwhile no one knows what she did with the $6000. I can go on. Nigerians are fraudulent by nature; it's nothing new under the sun. If you're offended by me calling Nigerians scammers and thieves, then, if the shoes fits...

*Regarding OP needing my name, she said she found out how to get it without my name that day (Monday) but by that time the found out the money has been received/picked up. How is me not giving her my name the cause of a BANK STAFF stealing it, redirecting it? Assuming her story is true because all I'm going by is what she says). I'm not responsible for anyone's lack of ethics.

You're free to say whatever you like, that's totally your business. I have friends who work on fiver and Upwork and they deliver their projects on time and excellently. Some of them even have stories of some foreigners not paying as planned or not paying at all, does that make all of them fraudsters? There are these kind of people in every community, thieves, scammers, fraudsters, kidnappers, etc. I'm a Nigerian and I've never scammed or defrauded anyone and there are millions of people like me over here. You can keep your sentiments to your damn self.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2020
Glaciered:

[i]*Regarding OP needing my name, she said she had found out how to get the money without my name that day (Monday) but by that time she did the money had been received/picked up. How is me not giving her my name the cause of a BANK STAFF stealing it, redirecting it to his account or whatever method he used? That is, assuming her story is true - because all I'm going by is what she says. I am not responsible for anyone's lack of ethics to steal what didn't belong to them (if the staff did indeed take the money).

No one is holding you responsible ma'am, no one at all. I personally appreciate your kind gesture and I really hope this case is not a fraud.

Kemmy210 can you verify the bolded and tell us the method you intended to use without the sender's name?

2 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
elantraceey:

You're free to say whatever you like, that's totally your business. I have friends who work on fiver and Upwork and they deliver their projects on time and excellently. Some of them even have stories of some foreigners not paying as planned or not paying at all, does that make all of them fraudsters? There are these kind of people in every community, thieves, scammers, fraudsters, kidnappers, etc. I'm a Nigerian and I've never scammed or defrauded anyone and there are millions of people like me over here. You can keep your sentiments to your damn self.
Whoooaaaa. We've been communicating peacefully before you came in here. Don't be a tout. But you should likewise mind your own damn business because I don't even know what you're doing in this thread getting worked up over what doesn't concern you.

Nigerians are scammers and thieves. There.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 11:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
Glaciered:

And you should mind your own damn business because I don't even know what you're doing in this thread getting worked up over what doesn't concern you. Nigerians are scammers and thieves. There.

You're the one getting worked up and it's totally understandable. And yes it does concern me because I'm a Nigerian and you've dragged all of us into it. I have no issues with you ma'am. My issues is with Kemi, either her or the bank will have to answer to this. Simple hashtags will fish out both the bank manager and the cashier because it looks like a planned work to me.

I'm sorry if it'll displease you but I'm here till the end.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
Glaciered:

Whoooaaaa. We've been communicating peacefully before you came in here. Don't be a tout. But you should likewise mind your own damn business because I don't even know what you're doing in this thread getting worked up over what doesn't concern you.

Nigerians are scammers and thieves. There.

Why do you keep editing your posts? Why are you tensed? What's stressing you up? You need to calm down ma'am.

7 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 16, 2020
Chai, how am I the one getting worked up when you came in here and the only point you could pick was me saying Nigerians are scammers and thieves and I should keep my damn sentiments to myself? The shoes obviously fits lipsrsealed, hence your aggression.

elantraceey:

You're the one getting worked up and it's totally understandable. And yes it does concern me because I'm a Nigerian and you've dragged all of us into it. I have no issues with you ma'am. My issues is with Kemi, either her or the bank will have to answer to this. Simple hashtags will fish out both the bank manager and the cashier because it looks like a planned work to me.

I'm sorry if it'll displease you but I'm here till the end.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 12:03am On Oct 16, 2020
Glaciered:
Chai, how am I the one getting worked up when you came in here and the only point you could pick was me saying Nigerians are scammers and thieves and I should keep my damn sentiments to myself? The shoes obviously fits lipsrsealed, hence your aggression.

Nigerians are scammers and thieves.

If that's all you noticed and you didn't see all the advice I gave her then it's sad.

9 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 16, 2020
You're free to stay wherever you want. The same way I'm free to say whatever I want and express myself: Nigerians are scammers and thief. I'm sorry if the shoes fits, boo. It obviously does.

elantraceey:

If that's all you noticed and you didn't see all the advice I gave her then it's sad.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by elantraceey(f): 12:16am On Oct 16, 2020
Glaciered:

You're free to stay wherever you want. The same way I'm free to say whatever I want and express myself: Nigerians are scammers and thief. I'm sorry if the shoes fits, boo. It obviously does.

Ehya, they must have really hurt you bad, please take heart, okay? God will replenish your pocket and triple whatsoever you must have lost.

I'm going to stop responding because this isn't about me but about a woman like myself whose image is been dragged here and I pray and hope she's able to exonerate herself if she's telling the truth which from all indications she is. There's only a doubt because she's a 'Nigerian'.

Have a nice day ma'am.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 16, 2020
Yawn, keep your sorry prayer to yourself. You need it more. Nigerians will continue to have problems with people like you in it.

Idk who here's dragging her. Whether she's lying or telling the truth, that's her own. I'm not worried over that because I've done my part to help a stranger. I've told her over email that if the guy did indeed take the money, then she should try and report him to the bank, as I don't see it as my own money but hers and the guy shouldn't get away with this because someone like him can steal even bigger money, if opportuned. Assuming her story is true, that is.

elantraceey:

Ehya, they must have really hurt you bad, please take heart, okay? God will replenish your pocket and triple whatsoever you must have lost.

I'm going to stop responding because this isn't about me but about a woman like myself whose image is been dragged here and I pray and hope she's able to exonerate herself if she's telling the truth which from all indications she is. There's only a doubt because she's a 'Nigerian'.

Have a nice day ma'am.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Hilarious Things You Did As A Kid? / Violence: Again The Double Standards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.