Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,177 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit (89935 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Police Unit In Imo (Video, Pics) / EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP / Buhari Commissions New Police Vehicles And Police Crime Database Centre (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by wiseone28: 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
vaxx:
why does Nigeria copy Ghana tag name for their special police department ? Can't the Nigeria police force be creative ?
What does USA called theirs?
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by dederocs(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
Let us chill and give this new team a chance, abi una fit fight robbers una self?
una get guns?

1 Like

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Peace2love: 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2020
slivertongue:
SARS has been baptised SWAT

NEPA comes to mind
From NEPA to PHCN then .... Still no change.

May God help us
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
if these ones misbehave, na death go end dem lives on the spot.

boys are gingered already, do shiiit and get shiiit.

incase nonsense starts, there won't be any protest again, na full revolution.

beware.

1 Like

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by chatinent: 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
Senseless.
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Essence20(m): 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
I have no problem with the new team.
They should only ensure that members of the defunct SARS undergoes mental/psychological evaluation before joining the new team
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by slivertongue: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
Peace2love:

NEPA comes to mind
From NEPA to PHCN then .... Still no change.

May God help us

the criminals in the police force will buy their way into SWAT and continue their evil trade

1 Like

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by vaxx: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
wiseone28:
What does USA called theirs?
so that means Nigeria has to learn from the first two ?

The SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) of Ghana Police Service are highly trained paramilitary unit that tackle situations beyond the capability of other departmental units of Ghana Police. SWAT teams are called in when an incident presents significant risk to law enforcement officers or the public. These elite professionals use their advanced training in weapons, teamwork and strategy to resolve crises.

That is Ghana SWAT POLICE

2 Likes

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by letitrainnow(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
Very good, shocked
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Ola14(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
Antoeni:
In case you're wondering what they mean by Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT), Na him be dis
No the real SWAT are already in existence in Nigeria Police I saw them last year during Kogi election at Lokoja those guys are well trained.

1 Like

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Bigsunny01(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
Asholes

No be only SWAT na SWAHILI
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Judeopara(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
Maxymilliano:
SARS With Another Tactics (SWAT) undecided

“SARS Without Any Training”

2 Likes

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by seanjy4konji: 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2020
Pure garbage.

I was with a head of police force and he told us in a beer palor that this is hogwash and when this settled that this new team will deal mercilessly with people..

This is scam people..pure scam.

We need to let this people know that no form of harrasmment would be tolerated. No form of public harrasmebt and home invasion and rubbish would be accepted..

Or else let fight to be armed.

Let's arm ourselves.
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by HandsomeBlack: 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2020
dederocs:
Let us chill and give this new team a chance, abi una fit fight robbers una self?
una get guns?

Algold:
Let's support them in this... We can't continue to pretend that armed robbers and cyber criminals are not lurking around in other to take advantage of the #Endsars matter.
We need to fight for each other when we smell oppression or extortion from the new squad.
Let's give them the element of doubt

Well said
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Sheriman(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
sammy329:
This is nice smiley smiley smiley

Kudos to IGP and to our father, president Buhari smiley
Oga Who is your Father?? Buhari know in children oooo. E be like say make I tear you slap from where I dey right now.
Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by yultater: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2020
m165:

E-COMMERCE, BUSINESS, SCHOOL OR CUSTOM WEBSITES
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12507886_y75re67t5f5r65_jpeg98bb0a888279702084371e912f4f7852
CLICK HERE TO REACH OUT TO US

fraudster
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by seanjy4konji: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
Sheriman:

Oga Who is your Father?? Buhari know in children oooo. E be like say make I tear you slap from where I dey right now.
Nonsense!!
na bastatd .
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by iammolise(m): 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
nextstep:

Men, you took the words right out of my mouth... that's why I said we will soon be crying SWAT instead of SARS. Na the same same. We don't want special forces. Just establish factory for these thugs so they will have jobs without access to weapons.

We like acronyms sha. Why is it we like changing names for agencies, but still nothing works?
NEPA, NAPEP, FRC, FEPA, SARS, and even PHCN were renamed... nothing changed.

The only time police will calm down in this country is if citizens are authorized to bear arms.
It will be hell let loose... Mayhem in its most emphasized form, Oblivion on the way. Uncle I take God n gods beg u no suggest am, let the sec agencies still control weapons abeg
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by wizelink(m): 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
WILL THEY (SWAT) NOT SMOKE MARIGUANA? WHAT IS THE NEED FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAMINATION? ARE THEY NOT SAME PEOPLE (SARS) THAT WILL BE ENGAGED IN THE RENAMED SWAT?
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Franking: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
I hope ex members of SARS are banned from SWAT.
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by GFELOG2018: 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
Training should be at Lagos Business school where they will learn how to properly police .

Nothing will change if the undergo training in the same schools that churn at the current police officers we have.
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Dukeolumidemans(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
#EndNigeriabeg#
#Nothingisworking#
grin grin grin tongue
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by West2019(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
oga IG dismiss those SARS or retired all.of them
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
STORY STORY STORY. I didn't even bother to read the rubbish and nonsensical garbage..... grin grin grin

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by jchioma: 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
s

I wonder where the personnel for this new unit will crop out from. Abi no bi the same police wen we know?

Naija don enter one chance!
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by olisaEze(m): 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
Whistling in Tuface Idibia’s voice; e be like say dey want to tell us another story again o.... grin

SWAT = SARS With Another Title!

We nor gree, Oga open Aso Rock gate, we want to check for something inside the clinic there. grin grin
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by SunTzu123(m): 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
SWAT teams are strictly for incidence response purposes only. No patrols, no stop and search. But I trust us; it only stops in the name like someone said somewhere on this thread; SWAT means Sars With Another Tactics
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Eteka1(m): 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2020
ismail4sure:
SARS PRO MAX = SWAT

We don enter am
SARS With Advanced Tactics (SWAT)
Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by Donpaper: 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
Maxymilliano:
SARS With Another Tactics (SWAT) undecided
humans, wetin una want?

1 Like

Re: SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit by tete7000(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
Another nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / Peter Obi's Reaction After INEC Postponed Election (photo) / Governor Abdullahi Ganduje Was Caught Receiving $5m Bribe - Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.