Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. (527 Views)

Jeremiah Johnson: '12-Year-Old' Football Player's Look Shocks Social Media Users / Ighalo Makes Man United Shirt Revelation, Opens Up On Childhood Support / Sadio Mane's Phone With Cracked Screen Shocks Fans (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. by vanida6: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2020
The forward was recently awarded an MBE for his work to help underprivileged children across the UK.

Marcus Rashford has spoken out on his fight against childhood hunger, saying he is shocked every day by what he's seen in the UK.

The Manchester United and England striker was recently awarded an MBE in recognition for his campaign to help vulnerable children during the coronavirus pandemic.

Among Rashford's recent accomplishments was his success in getting the UK government to make a U-turn and continue free school mealsfor around 1.3 million disadvantaged children.

*The 22-year-old has also formed a task force with England's food brand giantsto combat child poverty across the country.
Rashford has said that it is "mind-blowing" to see the amount of suffering in the UK, which spurs him on to continue his fight.

"Every single day it shocks me," Rashford said. "It’s not until people see the numbers and I’ve had the chance to visit some of the families I’ve managed to help and hear how it’s affected them and changed their lives.

"It’s just mind-blowing the amount of people who are suffering and the amount of people who don’t know where to get the help.

"There’s a lot of things that would shock a lot of people if they knew the facts about the issue. For me not enough people do know the facts, as I was one of them.

"For me, personally, it's just sad to know it's still going on, and I obviously was in that position when I was younger, and some of the families are in much worse positions than what I was in, so I can only imagine what it feels like for the parents and the children who just want the best for one another, so it's difficult to really say one thing that somebody said to me that sticks out, because for me they're all as important as each other."

Rashford has seen himself thrust into the spotlight over his off-field work as well as his contributions on the pitch for England and Man Utd. Having made his professional debut at 18 for one of the world's best-known clubs, Rashford said he has become comfortable with the limelight.

"I think playing for United and England at a young age, it helped me mature a lot quicker than I would’ve expected to," Rashford said.

"I’m grateful for those opportunities and very happy I was put in those positions. I do feel like I’ve matured a lot. I feel like I’m free to speak on things I feel strongly about. It’s because of those experiences in the past that make me feel so comfortable doing that."

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/every-single-day-it-shocks-me-man-utd-and-england-star/10telpff20xmr157sch2m7qdtr

lalasticlala
mynd44

1 Like

Re: 'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. by Hoojay(f): 6:48am On Oct 14, 2020
Yea it is not until ppl see the number
Re: 'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. by chatinent: 6:48am On Oct 14, 2020
cry
Re: 'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. by vanida6: 6:56am On Oct 14, 2020
May God countinue to bless dis guy wit his good work sad

3 Likes

Re: 'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. by Freestainworld(m): 6:58am On Oct 14, 2020
So Buhari is not the only shock absorber, even Rashford
Re: 'Every Single Day It Shocks Me' - Rashford On Childhood Hunger Fight. by Ajibade123(m): 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
what an inspiration... I believe in You on and off the pitch

Do you wish to work or study in countries like Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Dubai, Germany, Cyprus, Malaysia, Turkey check my signature for my contact

(1) (Reply)

See Reasons Why Dortmund Manager Was Sacked. / Cristiano Ronaldo: The Last Man Standing. / Messi Equals Ronaldo's Freekick Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.