Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,490 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths (47788 Views)

Segalinks To Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Your Lawyers Have Been Served" / Bashir El-Rufai Calls Segalinks An Idiot And A Midget / Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:05am On Oct 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

Calm down

SARS once stopped me because I didn't have my laptop receipt.

You see, sometimes, the issue of SARS has to do with pride from us the civilians. They wanted to search me, and I allowed them.

Why should I be worried when I had to skeleton in my closet?

One of the officers insisted on taking my laptop to the station because I didn't have the receipt.

I asked him the station they were taking it to so that I could present my receipt later and pick up my computer.

The guy gave me back my laptop at once and asked me to appreciate them with something.

I gave him #1k grin

You see, sometimes, you need to understand that these guys are doing their job. You don't have to be boastful or arrogant when they interrogate you.

Like their boss once said, the way SARS treats you chiefly depends on how you respond to their questions.

I concur because I have had a first-hand experience.

If you don't see anything wrong with your experience, then it's obvious that the problem starts with you. Stop excusing rubbish.

In no sane part of the world would a police officer do any of the things you narrated.

3 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Tremple8v: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2020
Abi this guy don collect money ni?

3 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SLAP44: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

End what doesn't exist? Have you seen any SWAT on your street? Have you been harassed, beaten or wounded by SWAT?.

Or, we can wait till the new SWAT start shooting people and hauling more innocent youths into secret detention centres, we should wait till they kill about a thousand, then the dead ones should start protesting, the ones lucky to be maimed will be protesting on wheelchairs. grin

People are wicked o.

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 9:05am On Oct 14, 2020
Na WA oo
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Proeast3: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
Segalink the founder of EndSARS agitation has hands off on any protest going further, after alleging that politicians and commercial criminals have hijacked the protest for their selfish end....

In series of tweets this morning, he warned the youth , that are endangering their lives, if the insist on protesting after the government has agreed to all their demands...

See tweets...

This is the symbol of the cult group that wants to hijack the genuine advocacy targeted to objectively engage Govt on behalf of the people to fix our 90years old institutions and save the lives of our youth. They want to own it & weaponize it against the state.
@PoliceNG

We have strictly maintained that the #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG advocacy is not a protest even while we maintained that citizens have the rights as empowered by the constitution to demonstrate their discontent. It is obvious that once protest is ignited hijackers will infiltrate.

Since we started the advocacy in 2017 until 2020 before they hatched the protest, no Nigerian has died based on the #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG advocacy but since the Protest started we have been recording deaths and this hurts as we’ve never exposed citizens to undue risk.

We made progress with the PoliceReform Bill and the Police Trust Fund bill without seeking Governors and billionaires. It was organic, transparent and objective. There were no sinister plans to weaponize anything against anyone. But for these ones, the lives mean nothing.

Our organization remains committed to the people without strings attached. We remain self funded and seek no grants. We will not sell our soul and risk human lives because of greed and lust after power. I’m not interested in 2023. Be careful out there. This is a Game.

We have played our role and done the needful. SARS has been ended as demanded and the Police Reform is in gear beginning with the assent to the Police Bills as facilitated. Some of the demands however activated will take time to materialize. Don’t be kept on the streets unduly.

We remain on course. Our dialogue of years with the authorities can’t be derailed and the movement can not be hijacked no matter how much they try. Your genuine need to express discontent via protest is being exploited now. This is why they want to keep you in harm’s way.

I hope at this point the authorities will do the needful and make a believer of the people so as not to allow these opportunists endanger more lives even after demands are met. These headlines could have been fine if the issues were not exploited by these lots.
@MBuhari

Businesses need not bleed while we agitate for better policing. The people don’t need to suffer more. This should end now. The exploitation of the idleness of Nigerian youth is an assault on their dignity with the commercialization of this protest. This is not Nation Building.

The hands of Nigerian “George Soros” is all over this and I implore Nigerians to be mindful. This is no longer an Organic protest and you deserve to be kept safe. You have been used once before and they are trying again. Another concert is brewing. Be wary.

This is not about any individual but your safety is paramount. My warnings may fall into dead ears again but at least I tried. Protest is your right but you should know when you are being used. The struggle continues and Govt will be held to account without any ulterior motive.

There are a thousands of hashtags groups and organizations can deploy to launch their protest but if you must use anything relating to #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG it must be in compliance with the vision of the platform as spelt out by
@SIAF_NG
. We protect lives not endanger them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/segalink/status/1316235431185444864
[s][/s]

Rubbish
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SmartPolician: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If you don't see anything wrong with your experience, then it's obvious that the problem starts with you. Stop excusing rubbish.

In no sane part of the world would a police officer do any of the things you narrated.

Stop displaying your ignorance

Even the police in the US stop and search people

I maintain: Most of us fall victim to SARS maltreatment because we are unruly and arrogant

Most Nigerians have terrible characters.

5 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Rugaria: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2020
ibedun:

IPOB! Spotted
Good..
How's your day going?
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SLAP44: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

So we should copy that and implement it immediately.

The police in the US also stop crimes, when are the police in Nigeria ever going to learn that?

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by michoim(m): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
End SARS - Ended
SARS Must Go - Gone
SARS Must End - Ended
Buhari Must Speak To Us - Spoken
Release All Protesters Arrested - Done

What are the new demands?
End SARS
SARS Must Go
SARS Must End

This is how a just cause looses CREDIBILITY.....
Correct talk
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by mushystuff: 9:12am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:

So blocking the roads and preventing people from going to source for a living is peaceful to you?

That is the nature of public protests because it draws the attention of the government to take real action not just platitudes! Na for inside house or just one corner you expect protest to hold effectively?

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 14, 2020
sammy329:
The protest is not needed again, the government has listened to their demands.

So no more #Endsars protest, how can you end what does not exist again.

We aint stupid or dumb ! we've lived long enough to know when the govt is playing us ... the protest was about the officiers not the name. its an insult to nigerians the govt made it about the name, same officiers new brand nothing as changed.
Imagine rename a brutal force to special weapon; sound more glorifying to sars than an atonement, these as further shown govt have no iota of respect for nigeria they claim to serve. #ENDSWAT how about that.

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Wisefellow(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2020
Segalink is not in charge and does not dictate to the youths. The Nigerian youths decided to protest out of their free will to seek justice, reforms and good governance.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2020
It's high time all well-meaning and law-abiding Nigerians withdrew from the protest.. It's long been hijacked by criminal elements and opposition forces...

May God help Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by NGpatriot: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2020
[s]
SLAP44:

Or, we can wait till the new SWAT start shooting people and hauling more innocent youths into secret detention centres, we should wait till they kill about a thousand, then the dead ones should start protesting, the ones lucky to be maimed will be protesting on wheelchairs. grin

People are wicked o.

[/s]

Stop quoting me with your rubbish nonsense, I'm not interested, find other people to bore with your rubbish.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by duality(m): 9:21am On Oct 14, 2020
Segun has spoken the truth. I already told people what's up.

Serious manipulation is happening. Too bad.

Humans have become so weak and unable to see beyond their noses

5 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SmartPolician: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2020
SLAP44:

So we should copy that and implement it immediately.

The police in the US also stop crimes, when are the police in Nigeria ever going to learn that?

Huncle, that question is for the IGP. grin

My point is that the youths have sent a strong-worded message

It's time to back down on the protests.

Besides, it's only reasonable we give the police authorities the chance to implement the reforms they have promised.

It's wrong to assume that SWAT is the same as SARS when we have not seen the former in operation before.

Please we shouldn't make this protest a joke like Sowore's #RevolutionNow

2 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Proeast3: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2020
Wisefellow:
Segalink is not in charge and does not dictate to the youths. The Nigerian youths decided to protest out of their free will to seek justice, reforms and good governance.

The fool wanted to cash out and feel important over something that is beyond him.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Yujin(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]
We must have 24 hours electricity! Undone
We must have good governance! Undone
Nigeria must be restructured! Undone
University strikes must end! Undone

A call for end is bullshît

This protest is not just about SARS.

The protest is greatly bigger than anyone who thinks he started it.
Segalink should stfu!
Your protest was tagged 'ENDSARS' and your government has responded. Give them sometime to implement the reform and judge them few months from now. This is how reasonable people behave.
We warned that the protest shouldn't only be about ending SARS but some of you refused. Now you've seen what we were saying. You have no case to continue the protest so fall back and wait for them to fail in the implementation because they will. Only a strong earth shaken protest aim for the head of a corrupt change will dismantle the excesses of security agents and criminal politicians alike. You can't just jump into multitude of demands after the few you presented have been 'addressed'.
Meanwhile, we're monitoring.

2 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by magnetic20: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:

It seems you are the only on that Lekki toll gate ... grin grin I just past there now......and no single soul is there....Angry ipob yoots... grin
Must you give every opposing view(s) ethnic colouration? Be civil in your utterances

3 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

I maintain: Most of us fall victim to SARS maltreatment because we are unruly and arrogant

Most Nigerians have terrible characters.

Not without warrants or permission of person, unless it's a crime scene or the policeman has reason to believe a crime may be about to go down.

Stop displaying your ignorance. This is my last reply to you.

3 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

Huncle, that question is for the IGP. grin

My point is that the youths have sent a strong-worded message

It's time to back down on the protests.

Besides, it's only reasonable we give the police authorities the chance to implement the reforms they have promised.

It's wrong to assume that SWAT is the same as SARS when we have not seen the former in operation before.

Please we shouldn't make this protest a joke like Sowore's #RevolutionNow

Except that SWAT isn't even a new unit at all.

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by omenka(m): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:

It seems you are the only on that Lekki toll gate ... grin grin I just past there now......and no single soul is there....Angry ipob yoots... grin
See one of his his comments below. Someone who is probably tending to his business thousands of miles from Lagos. And to think they were those saying none of their brethren should participate in the protest, and any of them who does is an "efulefu".

I'm sure they were extremely disappointed how popular the protest grew and now want to hijack it to further their political aspirations.

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by LaReinaa(f): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

You don't judge a unit of police that you have never seen in operation before.

It's unfair and irrational, to say the least
Unfair and irrational? Really

WHO WILL ACCOUNT FOR THE INNOCENT LIVES LOST DURING THE PROTEST
I AM TALKING ABOUT THE UNARMED YOUTHS THAT WERE MALICIOUSLY/GRUESOMELY MURDERED BY THESAME SARS EVEN AFTER THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE DESOLVED THE UNIT!!

Instead of them to address the issue and bring the murderers to justice, they're lying that no life was lost, even with all the videos circulating online..

Now, who is being unfair and irrational

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by AdetayoNL(m): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2020
We are our self's enemy... Segalink, Sowore are obviously pained that this protest does not center around them. I thought the country have hope
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SmartPolician: 9:28am On Oct 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Not without warrants or permission of person, unless it's a crime scene or the policeman has reason to believe a crime may be about to go down.

Stop displaying your ignorance. This is my last reply to you.

Veryyyyyyyy funny.

Just don't go out there and waste your life for nothing

Even if you don't care about your life, care about those who do.

Every life matters.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by omenka(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2020
Maxymilliano:
EndSars is just a trigger!

Good that people have realized the power they have, very soon it will be 'end bad leadership'.

Starting from Buhari and his rubber stamp legislature.
A trigger to install pdp in Aso Rock? You guys are jokes.

This thing is fast losing its taste because of the infusion of political jobbers like you people. You're the ones Sagalink is talking about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by TemmyT002(m): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2020
He has deleted it
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Tovino: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2020
The Nigerian Bar Association has joined the ENDSARS movement. They want to prosecute SARS personnel that committed attrocities. This is the official Nigerian Bar Association provided by NBA for the public to write what they suffered in the hands of SARS.
publicinterest@ nigerianbar .org. ng

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SmartPolician: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2020
LaReinaa:

Unfair and irrational? Really

WHO WILL ACCOUNT FOR THE INNOCENT LIVES LOST DURING THE PROTEST
I AM TALKING ABOUT THE UNARMED YOUTHS THAT WERE MALICIOUSLY/GRUESOMELY MURDERED BY THESAME SARS EVEN AFTER THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE DESOLVED THE UNIT!!

Instead of them to address the issue and bring the murderers to justice, they're lying that no life was lost, even with all the videos circulating online..

Now, who is being unfair and irrational

The IGP has ordered all the SARS operatives to report to Abuja to be debriefed.

Just make sure that you don't go out there to protest for nothing.

Many people, including myself, gave up on Nigeria a long time ago.

Even if your life does not mean a thing to you, you should care about the trauma people who love you will pass through if something happens to you.

Nigeria will never change.

Let's stop the pretence

4 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by omenka(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2020
ngadaAwo:
I think everyone should retreat now and get ready for the next protest.

at least terrorist buhari have seen that the youths still gat this country.

everyone should retreat now. celebrities should tweet and call the masses to order

if SWAT is what they introduce no problem we are ok with it.
there's no nation without its tactical force but they're disciplined and can only be seen when needed.

things I expect IGP to do
release a hotline for Nigerians so they'll report any illegal road blocking by the new swat
xsquad should be on every day routine check to curb these crooks called police.
swat should only be called on high profile criminal cases that normal police can't handle like bank robbery or kidnapping etc.
for no reason should they meddle in civil acts and minor cases.

the masses in return should in no hesitation lynch any bastard that kills any youth illegally.
blood for blood.

for now let's retreat and plan ahead
Nigerians should retreat and start planning the next phase, which in my opinion should be a protest against state governments corruption!

Real change begins at the grassroots. If you want to kill a tree, that's the best way to do it, from its roots. You may remove all its leaves and new ones will still sprout.

Let us protest in our respective domains against our assembly members being rubber stamps to the governor, against our local government chairman going cap in hand to beg the governor for release of funds due them, let us protest against the state governor giving himself billions in security votes yearly. Let us protest against the state government allowing pensioners to die in poverty due to non payment of their entitlements, let us protest against VIPs driving recklessly and endangering the lives of those they swore to protect, Etc.

When were done with this, we can beam our searchlights on Abuja, and with what we might have achieved locally, they'd have no choice than to grant us our demands, even if it is a sovereign national conference we seek.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by UbaGwele: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Lavisha:

The new demand is EndSwat and #EndBuhari.

Water don enter pipeline.

Next week, We are starting our own in Kogi State.

Una think say una mad abi?

Una never see anything.

Kogi? Venue please...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth / Abdulazeez Abubakar Malami Called To Bar (Pictures) / Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.