Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths (47743 Views)

Segalinks To Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Your Lawyers Have Been Served" / Bashir El-Rufai Calls Segalinks An Idiot And A Midget / Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SmartPolician: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Just shut up abeg. If you're not willing to do something about your society, let those who are willing, do so.

Hide your head in shame; your mates are out there putting their lives on the line, you're here talking rubbish.

I thought you said you would never reply me again grin

Anyways, carry on, bro

My prayers and thoughts are with you and the rest.

As for me and my household, we gave up on Nigeria a long time ago.

In any case, you guys are my hero!

But make sure you apply some sense while at it because life has no duplicate!
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by DexterousOne(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

No true.

Wait until you see how SWAT operates before you judge.

Please we need to be reasonable about this protest so it doesn't become another Sowore's #RevolutionNow

So this is your concern.....

No wonder!
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by DexterousOne(m): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If you don't see anything wrong with your experience, then it's obvious that the problem starts with you. Stop excusing rubbish.

In no sane part of the world would a police officer do any of the things you narrated.

You can see that from his mentality

He is not fit to live in a 21st century civilised society
Look at a young Nigerian endorsing illegal searching lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by DexterousOne(m): 10:26am On Oct 14, 2020
SLAP44:

Or, we can wait till the new SWAT start shooting people and hauling more innocent youths into secret detention centres, we should wait till they kill about a thousand, then the dead ones should start protesting, the ones lucky to be maimed will be protesting on wheelchairs. grin

People are wicked o.

Dont mind them
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:26am On Oct 14, 2020
I wish all protesters should retreat now and leave protest since the demands have been met by the government.

it is enough joyful to see that #EndSars protest came out positively, as there was immediate dissolution of SARS after consistent protests all over the country. it shows that we have conquered.

other demands are progressing.

let's retreat now and respect ourselves.

let's wait and see what happens the coming days about the SWAT.

if things don't change, there would be a mass revolution (for sure).

anyone or any group that still hit the streets to protest must be a criminal/cultist (fact).
anything you get, you are on ur own.

we have done a lot and we have seen the changes taking place.

let's be guided.

any shiiit from SWAT will trigger mass revolution.

we move. ✌

2 Likes

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by SmartPolician: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

No wonder!

Unlike this current protest that is currently sweeping across the country, Nigeria and Nigerians consider #RevolutionNow a big joke!

You cannot lose an election, and then mobilize the youths to protest.

That makes no sense!

Sowore should have maintained the path of activism
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:30am On Oct 14, 2020
Davash222:
Segalinks is not in the position to tell us to end the protest.

Segalinks is the initiator of #EndSARS. He is right, the protest has achieved its aim to a large extent, what is happening on the streets right now is clout chasing.

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
End SARS - Ended
SARS Must Go - Gone
SARS Must End - Ended
Buhari Must Speak To Us - Spoken
Release All Protesters Arrested - Done

What are the new demands?
End SARS
SARS Must Go
SARS Must End

This is how a just cause looses CREDIBILITY.....

SWAT/SARS both are the same. The thing is, protesters have already printed banners for End SARS they can not afford to start all over with a new synonym. undecided

So when they say SARS know that they mean SWAT (the new synonym).
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2020
Davash222:

don't worry live amination will settle una case permanently ok. .........
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by DontBullshitMe: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

No wonder!
My brother from Treasury bills thread. . . grin

Yes. I think he needs to be concerned about that. The last thing is for the protest to metamorphose into any political agitation capable of causing political and socioeconomic instability in the country.

It's barely 2-3 months since we came out of a nationwide lockdown. Economy is barely on its feet and the last thing we should do is to crush its legs.

Plus Revolution hardly fixes anything. It only changes the ruling class and the cycle remains the same.

Regards. grin
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Annie001: 10:35am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
I think anybody still protesting after all the govt has done...should be treated as a criminal...
What did the government do? Or you think you are wiser than us who knows for sure they are lying
You are mad
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by easyzworld: 10:37am On Oct 14, 2020
The protest should pulse abeg.

Let’s retreat and prepare for a better demand.

The youth of this country needs to organize themselves so as to organize the nation because it’s obvious only the youth can move this country forward.

Let’s demand for better leadership.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Nonsoco80(m): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:

It seems you are the only on that Lekki toll gate ... grin grin I just past there now......and no single soul is there....Angry ipob yoots... grin
Idiot. So he is now an IPOB youth. You always yarn dust
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by pacespot(m): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2020
While I agree in part with some people calling for the protest to end, it must be noted that the protest of this magnitude takes some time to die down completely. Why did it take people taking to the streets before the government listen to their agitation to end police brutality, AKA SARS?

This agitation has been going on for years with countless lives lost. It took some years of frustration and discontentment for the people to lay bare their agitation in the magnitude of this protest, so you don't just expect them to end everything by the tick of a clock or just as if you are pressing a "Pause" button on a playing video.

Since it takes some time to mobilize protest up this level, so it will take some time to end it completely. I will suggest government to give people about a week or two to completely calm down their frayed tensions and the state governors should also play their parts in calling their people to order.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by pacespot(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2020
While I agree in part with some people calling for the protest to end, it must be noted that the protest of this magnitude takes some time to die down completely. Why did it take people taking to the streets before the government listen to their voices to end police brutality, AKA SARS?

This agitation has been going on for years with countless lives lost. It took some years of frustration and suffering for the people to lay bare their discontentment to the magnitude of this protest, so you don't just expect them to end everything by the tick of a clock or just as if you are pressing a "Pause" button on a playing video.

Since it takes some time to mobilize protest of this magnitude, it will take some time to end it completely. I will suggest government to give people about a week or two to completely calm down their frayed tensions and the state governors should also play their parts in calling their people to order.

While we are awaiting how they want to implement their police reforms in the coming days
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Empress5678: 10:53am On Oct 14, 2020
With the recent tweet of Segalink about call to end sars shows he has been bribed.Its disgusting but that's who Nigerians are.Selfish and corrupt.Remember Aisha Yesufu comments that she refused to be bribed to end the struggle and she stated that sega link was present at the meeting.Shame ,what a wasted struggle.No wonder Nigeria can never be great cos of saboteurs.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Hoojay(f): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2020
wonder233:
You can't deliver, the roads are blocked

Text ur location to me on WhatsApp
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
[s]End SARS - Ended
SARS Must Go - Gone
SARS Must End - Ended

End SARS
SARS Must Go
SARS Must End

[/s]
Still talking nonsense.
The protest is still on because a cancer called SARS has been redesigned as SWAT.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by April4th(m): 11:13am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
End SARS - Ended
SARS Must Go - Gone
SARS Must End - Ended

End SARS
SARS Must Go
SARS Must End

What about the protesters still held in Panti and Benin?
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Truthteller2020: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
End SARS - Ended
SARS Must Go - Gone
SARS Must End - Ended

End SARS
SARS Must Go
SARS Must End

justice for the victims.. though I think the protest should end..

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Truthteller2020: 11:28am On Oct 14, 2020
Davash222:

But what do you want again?
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by ElValiente(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2020
F**k you dude. Revolution is the goal.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by adekS1(m): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2020
Pls let the new demands be....

#ENDBADGOVERNANCE
#ENDSWAT
#ENDJUMBOPAYFORANYPOLITICIAN
#ENDJUMBOPAYFORLAWMAKERS
#ENDDARKNESS
#ENDCORRUPTION

For credibility
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by luluman: 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2020
Davash222:

You are the typical zombie that doesn't know when to start or stop anything.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Akpan01: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2020
It's alright my People. I wonder why the Police Force dey so fast on creating SWAT.
Na so Naija be o my people. Government dey fast to bring wetin go kill the youth than wetin go bring Growth.
Now Sadiya end NPower wey dey employ the unemployed youth of about 900000 youths with Sound brain and Sane mind. But dey in a Rush to create SWAT to reabsorb SARS.
It's a Deceptive Government afterall. My Prayer is that may God open Canadian gate for me on Earth so that I go with my Family. And leave this asSARSination kontry for good.
Meet me on my way to Ghana for now. Because what we now have is Naija, not Nigeria.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by EgusiShankly: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
Segalink the founder of EndSARS agitation has hands off on any protest going further, after alleging that politicians and commercial criminals have hijacked the protest for their selfish end....

In series of tweets this morning, he warned the youth , that are endangering their lives, if the insist on protesting after the government has agreed to all their demands...

See tweets...

This is the symbol of the cult group that wants to hijack the genuine advocacy targeted to objectively engage Govt on behalf of the people to fix our 90years old institutions and save the lives of our youth. They want to own it & weaponize it against the state.
@PoliceNG

We have strictly maintained that the #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG advocacy is not a protest even while we maintained that citizens have the rights as empowered by the constitution to demonstrate their discontent. It is obvious that once protest is ignited hijackers will infiltrate.

Since we started the advocacy in 2017 until 2020 before they hatched the protest, no Nigerian has died based on the #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG advocacy but since the Protest started we have been recording deaths and this hurts as we’ve never exposed citizens to undue risk.

We made progress with the PoliceReform Bill and the Police Trust Fund bill without seeking Governors and billionaires. It was organic, transparent and objective. There were no sinister plans to weaponize anything against anyone. But for these ones, the lives mean nothing.

Our organization remains committed to the people without strings attached. We remain self funded and seek no grants. We will not sell our soul and risk human lives because of greed and lust after power. I’m not interested in 2023. Be careful out there. This is a Game.

We have played our role and done the needful. SARS has been ended as demanded and the Police Reform is in gear beginning with the assent to the Police Bills as facilitated. Some of the demands however activated will take time to materialize. Don’t be kept on the streets unduly.

We remain on course. Our dialogue of years with the authorities can’t be derailed and the movement can not be hijacked no matter how much they try. Your genuine need to express discontent via protest is being exploited now. This is why they want to keep you in harm’s way.

I hope at this point the authorities will do the needful and make a believer of the people so as not to allow these opportunists endanger more lives even after demands are met. These headlines could have been fine if the issues were not exploited by these lots.
@MBuhari

Businesses need not bleed while we agitate for better policing. The people don’t need to suffer more. This should end now. The exploitation of the idleness of Nigerian youth is an assault on their dignity with the commercialization of this protest. This is not Nation Building.

The hands of Nigerian “George Soros” is all over this and I implore Nigerians to be mindful. This is no longer an Organic protest and you deserve to be kept safe. You have been used once before and they are trying again. Another concert is brewing. Be wary.

This is not about any individual but your safety is paramount. My warnings may fall into dead ears again but at least I tried. Protest is your right but you should know when you are being used. The struggle continues and Govt will be held to account without any ulterior motive.

There are a thousands of hashtags groups and organizations can deploy to launch their protest but if you must use anything relating to #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG it must be in compliance with the vision of the platform as spelt out by
@SIAF_NG
. We protect lives not endanger them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/segalink/status/1316235431185444864
Who's the Nigerian George soros?
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Munzy14(m): 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2020
CilicMarin:
I think anybody still protesting after all the govt has done...should be treated as a criminal...
APC online soldier....cheesy keep wailing even buhari ones lead a protest as opposition...

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2020
Rugaria:
If the poverty was not so suffocating and the maladministration so glaring, the socalled "Nigerian George sorros" won't find the hungry millions to do their bidding... The problem with typical Nigerian politicians and the so called influencers is that any cause they are not DIRECTLY in charge is always seen as a challenge that needs to be ridiculed and derided. .. Obviously, though he was amongst the initial leaders of the cry against sarz, more popular voices have emerged and he is struggling to accept this humbling reality..

These social media celebrities can do anything to be in the light.

Does he really think he has capacity to call off a protest that most governors like Sanwo Olu and Wike were unable to call off ?

Like you aptly put it, other celebrities are in the spotlight so he feels he needs his own spotlight too.

1 Like

Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by Awoo88: 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
omenka:
Sagalink did not start it?

Smh.

These are the kind of people that makes one understand nairaland has gone to the dogs. Super ignorant, yet so proud about it.
Ignorant will kill you. This protest was started by no one in particular. It was organics. That he is being fighting SARS abuses does not make automatic leader or convener.
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by gbemishile: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2020
Na beginning we dey know
We no dey know when e dey end
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by seanjy4konji: 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
Government done pump money out..it no go better for una

What's swat
Re: End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths by omenka(m): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Awoo88:

Ignorant will kill you. This protest was started by no one in particular. It was organics. That he is being fighting SARS abuses does not make automatic leader or convener.
*Ignorant* will kill you, it was *organics*, that he *is being* fighting SARS abuses... he said.

What an illiterate. No wonder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I’ll Sanction Mbaka If He’s Under My Diocese, Says Onaiyekan / Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsing Atiku / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Her 48th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.