Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? (1060 Views)

My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2020
She's not in nigeria but she want a bank account she will use to deposit money, only she will recieves the notifications and alerts.

Is it possible?
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by ojesymsym: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2020
Almost all banks now have the feature of opening your account online, let her go to the website of her choice and she will find the option for many of them. Zenith, Stanbic for one that feature
Igbosmoker:
She's not in nigeria but she want a bank account she will use to deposit money, only she will recieves the notifications and alerts.

Is it possible?
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2020
ojesymsym:
Almost all banks now have the feature of opening your account online, let her go to the website of her choice and she will find the option for many of them. Zenith, Stanbic for one that feature
so how will she see alerts and bank accounts?
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by ojesymsym: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2020
She should be able to get online access. Our banks have grown over the years and are able to accommodate a whole lot of things now a days
Hope she has BVN?
Igbosmoker:
so how will she see alerts and bank accounts?
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by kokorunna(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2020
Yes its possible, my brother abroad opened an account with FCMB through a friend contact who works there. But be very careful
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by Johnrake69: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2020
She can open a diaspora account with any of the big banks.
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by Scout60(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2020
Igbosmoker:

Is it possible?
since she is in USA, let she open PayPal account. With this she can send money to naija exchangers who in turn transfer to her naija account. She can receive alert through email
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by Johnrake69: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2020
Scout60:

since she is in USA, let she open PayPal account. With this she can send money to naija exchangers who in turn transfer to her naija account. She can receive alert through email

This is a bad idea. It's better she buys bitcoin and sell to fund the naira than PayPal funds that have a discount rate of about 20%
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by kokorunna(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2020
Scout60:

Do not open a paypal account unless you want to use it for buying, my brother is in Dallas and opened a current account a FCMB account
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2020
ojesymsym:
She should be able to get online access. Our banks have grown over the years and are able to accommodate a whole lot of things now a days
Hope she has BVN?
no that's the issue
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by ojesymsym: 10:30am On Oct 14, 2020
Oh, in that case, it may be hard.
I think they have a way of doing BVN in various embassies, no BVN no account in Nigeria again.
Igbosmoker:
no that's the issue
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by olukorede44835: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2020
:so how will she see alerts and bank accounts?
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by empete2k5(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
She can open zenith bank account online but she can only make deposits into the account she can't transact with the account until she is back to Nigeria. It is like saving your income without touching it.
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by bemagnify: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
Igbosmoker:

Is it possible?

If she has BVN, means of identification and Nigerian Utility bill, come I will, open access bank for you.
Re: How Can I Open A Bank Account For My Sister Abroad? by jamebex(m): 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2020
Your sister can open a FirstBank diaspora account which she can run like a normal account.

Since she has no BVN, she'd have to enroll for BVN first. To assist with this let her write to the Diaspora Banking Unit of bank whose email can be found on their website or simply searching for "first bank of Nigeria diaspora banking email" on Google.

They will advise her of various locations where she can enroll for BVN abroad and thereafter proceed to open the account.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help/job .My boss And her husband humiliated me / Official! Fiverr Gig Favorite,review & Other Concerns Thread 2022 / I'm Urgently In Need Of A Solar System That Can Power A Freezer, 2 Tvs & 2 Ps2s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.