Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian (55226 Views)

Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities / Elections: ONSA Says There's No Plan To Shut Down Internet / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by 1vid(m): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
The biggest mumu talk of the year.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Sleekfingers: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
If dem born dem well make dem try am.....yeye government......
Those idiots know the power of internet......fear don catch dem .....una never see anything......
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Psalmistproject: 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
Rossinky:

Roast them how? Other countries have done it before, including Chad and Sudan, and nothing happened. Abeg go siddon.

Naija govt will shut it down and nothing will happen.

Even all these ones here typing that the heavens will fall, will sit at home and not do jack.

If at all you understand international politics you wouldn't believe the news to be true in the first place.
Do you know the implications of shutting down cyber space?
It means you can't assess google and web access. Banks will not function, any institutions that depends on data research will be shut down.
Then countries like US and UK even China that wants to be daily updated on their investment and the nature and atmosphere they are dealing with in the country will not be able to access web networks.

More over, this may also instigate Telecom companies to back off the country. Low assess to data means great loss.

I can name the dire consequences of such moves which I still believe it's fake news. But if it's true then I will be happy as this will speed up the break up process.

Sad enough how can you compare Nigeria with a country like Chad or Sudan? I will believe you if you actually think there's nothing different between Nigeria and Chad or Sudan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by DaBullIT(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2020
nengibo:

No be isp you dey connect through

True but FG or NCC can't shut down all internet, they can only block specific sites

When no NITEL dey give me internet

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

J.martins At Peter Obi Rally Today - Photos / Breaking News Ijaw Militants Are Attacking Aladja In Warri Right Now / Obasanjo Donates A Chimpanzee ‘Patience’ To A Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.