Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian (55266 Views)

Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities / Elections: ONSA Says There's No Plan To Shut Down Internet / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by King44(m): 12:05am On Oct 15, 2020
MyMouth:
Many of us are home reading updates on the internet, take it away and we all pour out to the streets!
someone like me
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by sircatherine45(m): 12:09am On Oct 15, 2020
weyreypey:
Soro Soke...
Werey....
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by ciencee(m): 12:32am On Oct 15, 2020
AlexBells:

When they really decide to shutdown the internet, your VPN will be useless, not shutdown a particular website but internet all they need do is tell your internet service provider to discontinue service case closed
will the internet service provider now pack and go back to their country?
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Nwalicha: 12:43am On Oct 15, 2020
nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by MartinsD12(m): 1:08am On Oct 15, 2020
weyreypey:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigeria-may-shut-down-internet-as-endsars-protests-continue/
FG should enjoy the change they are having being dishing out to Nigerians since last five years, let them not try any thing stupid shutting down the internet nothing will stop this revolution.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Tonytonex(m): 1:10am On Oct 15, 2020
make them try am nau. na that time their eyes go clear. fools at hem of affairs.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Tonytonex(m): 1:11am On Oct 15, 2020
make them try am nau. na that time their eyes go clear. fools at hem of affairs.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Tonytonex(m): 1:20am On Oct 15, 2020
that would be the greatest mistake of this senseless and clueless government.
shutting down the internet means shutting down the economy. nothing will work. no banking services. ATM won't work. POS won't work. crypto, betting etc. won't work.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by aspiring44: 1:38am On Oct 15, 2020
SLAP44:
Time to stop talking on computers and start talking with hands.

He is definitely on drugs. Who are the advisers in government ?. They are all mentally unstable if they should think of shutting down the stairs internet .
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by AFONJACOW(m): 1:44am On Oct 15, 2020
If they block it , just make sure u download justvpn , botcharger VPN , India VPN and so many others just to bypass their rubbish... They think they get sense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Lordapson23(m): 2:26am On Oct 15, 2020
BIGKemsey:
Let's then shift to a higher ground. ENDBUHAri should start trending ASAP.

Oyel Dey ya head bros grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Eddicated: 2:52am On Oct 15, 2020
i don't know is anyone is thinking what am thinking.. for 9ja.. block internet. you go see people selling internet for street.. no be 9ja we dye ? we die here!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by AdelaLee(f): 3:00am On Oct 15, 2020
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Vulcan24(m): 3:10am On Oct 15, 2020
As a peace loving Nigeria, FG wants to provoke me
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Spidermon: 3:20am On Oct 15, 2020
Forget!!
Nigerian Government won't dare.
The effects on the economy would be worse than Corona and youths who require the internet to survive will enter street.

From there, o maa di woro sii woro.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by zoedew: 3:32am On Oct 15, 2020
It’ll worsen the situation
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Oritsewhandey(m): 4:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Kingnutts:

leave d old man let him make another mistake.. shebi he never SHOCK reach
Buhari don enter GAWUU.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Oritsewhandey(m): 4:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Kingnutts:

leave d old man let him make another mistake.. shebi he never SHOCK reach
Buhari don enter GAWUU!
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by juniorstar(m): 4:28am On Oct 15, 2020
if the govt is dumb they should try it, its going be d last straw that would break the camels back
1 it would show insincerity on the part of the govt to heed to the demands of the people
2 a full blown revolution
dem think say ppl we dey do protest no get sense, let dem find out d caliber of ppl organizing this protest, dia brain no be abacus brain na super computer brain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Spray(m): 5:25am On Oct 15, 2020
mascot87:
Someone or some group of people need to start orientating us on how to access the internet if the FG decide to shot the internet
now that you have access to internet. go to PlayStore download openvpn
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by ayenale1(m): 5:40am On Oct 15, 2020
It will turn to bloody intrawar if FG decides to shut down the internet and bubu should prepare to resign or get it forcefully...
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Burgerlomo: 5:48am On Oct 15, 2020
sinkhole:
Wike banned protest and then the protest actually happened and he himself had to join!
This government should learn embarassed

Wike's case is a case of if you can beat them you join them, the nigga gat no choice. grin
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Gptins(m): 6:01am On Oct 15, 2020
AllTheWayUp:
grin grin grin
This government is confused

The moment they shutdown internet, the massive protests that will erupt all over the country will lead to full blown revolution.
Make Dem try am first....
Them go know say na youth get the country and not those God forsaken old bastards
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2020
hardbody:

Bros i hail oo. If that happens, me sef go enter street, because there is nothing else i will be doing at home

That makes 2 of us cheesy
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by weyreypey: 6:59am On Oct 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

That makes 2 of us cheesy
Hmmm anyways let's have long life oils so we can take after soldiers catch you.

On a more serious note: it will be a grave mistake shutting down the internet or deploying soldiers...
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by sylve11: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2020
sodiqapril:
These people are idiots ...the youths organised protested, made arrangements for food and drinks, raincoats in case it rains, sleeping bags, medicals attention, there is free legal services for anyone arrested illegally for peaceful protests..the federal government blocked the account for the protest, within 24 hrs, a bitcoin account was opened and it already has over 1m..they probably think we are in the stone age if they block internet, we will use VPN and it will surely end it tears for them...our demands are not much stop attacking innocent protesters, sack the IG, compensate the family of everyone that died at the hands of animals I'm uniform, prosecute erring officers, let them stop moving around unidentified with AK-47 we no Dy Syria, lastly improve the welfare of the Police also..they are peoples families also..if not
cool
correct talk.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12am On Oct 15, 2020
weyreypey:

Hmmm anyways let's have long life oils so we can take after soldiers catch you.

On a more serious note: it will be a grave mistake shutting down the internet or deploying soldiers...

Not Me sir, not even my shadow sir, I am very gallant sir, I cannot loose guard sir.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Sesughray: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Wrong advice, they won't like the outcome.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by weyreypey: 7:29am On Oct 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Not Me sir, not even my shadow sir, I am very gallant sir, I cannot loose guard sir.

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2020
mascot87:
Someone or some group of people need to start orientating us on how to access the internet if the FG decide to shot the internet

proxy, torrent, VPN.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by chatinent: 10:30am On Oct 15, 2020
They plan to shut down the internet and punish us.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Worksunlimited: 11:43am On Oct 15, 2020
weyreypey:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigeria-may-shut-down-internet-as-endsars-protests-continue/

They are mad.. The same Internet that brought them to power....

I dey wait.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graphic Photo Of The Kano State Female Sucide Bomber. (viewer's Discretion) / 21 Released Chibok Girls On Their Way To Maiduguri (Photo) / Omisore Tells Supporters Whom To Vote For At Osun Governorship Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.