Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million (683 Views)

Lambda School X Paystack Bootcamp / How To Build Paystack Like System / [Tutorial Post] How To Integrate Paystack Payment System With PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by Karleb(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2020
Somebody help me, I can't feel my legs. cry
Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by codeigniter(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
haaa, shola fumbled though the money is much and stripe has been supporting them from onset, but not everything is money. paystack is no longer Nigerian owned
Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by Karleb(m): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
codeigniter:
haaa, shola fumbled though the money is much and stripe has been supporting them from onset, but not everything is money. paystack is no longer Nigerian owned

It's easy to say this when you're not in his shoes. cheesy

Stripe is Paystack's number 1 benefactor.

I don't really think Stripe is taking over like that , he'll still be in charge of the company but he now works for the oga at the top as an important stakeholder/shareholder.

It'll be like what Microsoft did with Github.

1 Like

Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by codeigniter(m): 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2020
Karleb:

It's easy to say this when you're not in his shoes. cheesy

Stripe is Paystack's number 1 benefactor.

I don't really think Stripe is taking over like that , he'll still be in charge of the company but he now works for the oga at the top as an important stakeholder/shareholder.

It'll be like what Microsoft did with Github.

I get ur point if he doesn't sell he might lose eventually, now he is free to move on. good for him bad for Africa

1 Like

Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by trytillmake(m): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
codeigniter:

Fumble ke, oga whora u saying do u know the worth of $200 million, do u know hw many more viable ideas he can push with that.
The guy cashed out big time to move to other things besides he will still be running the firm.
Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by codeigniter(m): 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2020
trytillmake:

Fumble ke, oga whora u saying do u know the worth of $200 million, do u know hw many more viable ideas he can push with that.
The guy cashed out big time to move to other things besides he will still be running the firm.
I didn't say it wasn't good for him to receive the money, after all zuck was offer $1b for fb and he declined. u think it is good if how money is move in the country is controlled by a us company, if that keeps happening I doubt if we have a chance.
Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by Karleb(m): 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
codeigniter:

I didn't say it wasn't good for him to receive the money, after all zuck was offer $1b for fb and he declined. u think it is good if how money is move in the country is controlled by a us company, if that keeps happening I doubt if we have a chance.

Don't blame the guy.

YouTube founder sold it.
Whatsapp founder sold it.
Github founders sold it.
And many more.

Local millionaires and billionaires are not ready to invest. Just imagine if Dangote or Adenuga or Otedola had invested in paystack, you think he'll sell?

What if stripe now come to Nigeria to compete with paystack, you think paystack will stand a chance?

4 Likes

Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by codeigniter(m): 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2020
Karleb:

Don't blame the guy.

YouTube founder sold it.
Github founders sold it.
And many more.

Local millionaires and billionaires are not ready to invest. Just imagine if Dangote or Adenuga or Otedola had invested in paystack, you think he'll sell?

What if stripe now come to Nigeria to compete with paystack, you think paystack will stand a chance?

I agree with u, but all I am saying is we have no chance, if u solve a problem for ur country eventually it will be owned by foriegners
Re: Paystack Sold For Over $200 Million by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2020
Karleb:

Don't blame the guy.

YouTube founder sold it.
Github founders sold it.
And many more.

Exactly not to mention that CBN can come with a weird policy now this is Stripe's Headache Shola can relax and focus on the next thing. But I just hope it means opening the door for Nigerians, I like to see how receiving of dollars can be made possible with ease. That's one thing I feel can help Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All You Should Know About The Hacktivist Group: Anonymous / Why Do I Need Programming And What Application Can I Use For It? / How To Network As A Full Stack Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.