Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Almost Pretty +18 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Pretty +18 (4623 Views)

Pretty Jenny. Spoken Word Poetry / Lies From Pretty Lips / Lies From Pretty Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 8:22am On Oct 16, 2020
The clouds were gathering, the call of the wind was comforting and the gentle breeze calmed all of her fears as she stood by the streets of Alistair.
‘Get out of the way girl, a heavy rain is coming’ a man screamed at her and she quickly rushed out of the road.
She was now an orphan, with her mother gone, she needed to take care of herself; it wasn’t such a novel thing to her. Her mother had battled with cancer of the blood for a long time before giving up, and during those times she’d been the one working and paying the bills.
She grew up fending for herself and her mother, working her ass of as a bartender, librarian, housekeeper e.t.c she was prepared to do anything provided it was honest, one of the things her late mother had taught her.
Tuesdays were beautiful, nothing as formal like mean old Monday; she had read an advert in the paper that Roseau Soft wares, a software creation and selling Company was hiring; that had kicked her spirits off as she was already worn out working as a librarian. The job was boring; you could imagine spending a whole day in a dusty old library with books with ancient looking designs as your only company and pay that could get you something like Coffee and doughnuts.
‘I can do this; I need to do this’ she inhaled deeply as she reached the entrance of the enormous building.
She had no friends, her whole life had been centered on her mother, she was alone now; whenever she was getting interviewed for a new job, her mother would be there to whisper words of encouragement; words that would lift her inferiority complex.
“I’m Ugly Ma, nobody could ever pick me” Jane would whisper as she stared at the mirror.
“Nobody is ugly baby girl, we all just need money” her mother would say and they’d burst out laughing.

‘Who you looking for’? She stopped at the security checkpoint, it was obvious she didn’t belong to Roseau Softwares.
‘Goodmorning, I am Jane Atkins, I’m here for the job’ she stuttered as the blonde middle-aged man stared right at her, why was he so unfriendly?
‘What job?’ he frowned and focused on her face.
‘The post of a Personal assistant’ she shifted nervously, why was he looking at her like that?
‘What are you up to buddy’? A younger man joined him in the glass cubicle.
‘I don’t know, Brunette here says she came here for a job, heard of that’? The older man asked.
‘A job? No way, what’s she here for anyway’? The younger man asked.
‘Personal assistant’
‘Where did you get that from’? The younger man winked at her.
‘Reach-out Daily’ Jane dipped a hand into her shaggy brown bag and presented the paper to the men.
‘Oh darling, these papers lie a lot, I don’t really think we’ll need a personal assistant here, you can be on your way now’ he squeezed the paper and threw it into a trash bin next to him.
‘How could you do that? You should’ve given it back’ Jane felt hurt, why were people so mean?
‘Do you mind getting out of here Miss Ugly Clothes’? The older man teased and they burst out laughing
‘My clothes aren’t ugly’ blood tweaked her cheeks.
‘Yes they are, go get a fashion designer’ the younger man winked and the laughter increased.
She had never felt so embarrassed in her twenty-four years on earth, tears blurred her eyes as she stared at the two men; tiny droplets fell on her yellow Jacket and stained her green boots. She just couldn’t leave, she didn’t have the courage to walk away, so she stood there and cried.
‘Brunette is such a softy’ the older man mimicked her and the sniggering increased.
The Roseau Mansion was a three-story building; well-embellished balusters, a large flower garden where roses grew wildly, magnolias blossomed and a beautiful pool of blue water rested in the middle. Tall Palms were planted all over the mansion and their leaves provided shade whenever the sun chose to run mad.
‘Good morning father’ Kira rushed with her buttons as she neared the dining table.
‘Morning honey, where are your brothers’? Her dad asked.
‘Here I am’ Ryan joined them at the table.
‘Where’s Ivan’? The man rested his eyes on his younger son.
‘I don’t know, maybe he’s still sleeping’ Ryan shrugged.
‘Or had a rough night’ Kira’s eyes twinkled mischievously.
Ivan Roseau, their half-brother, and C.E.O of Roseau Soft wares was the eldest son of Thomas Roseau; Ivan’s mother had dumped him with Thomas when he was just a baby, for her lover, the man she cheated on with his dad.
‘If you’re bent on gossiping about me, you should do so with grace’ Ivan stepped out of his room and joined the trio.
‘Well then, breakfast is ready’ Pam his stepmother smiled charmingly and walked in with a tray that contained their breakfast.
‘Sorry Pam, we don’t have time for this, there’s an important meeting at the Company, we’ll have lunch at the office’ he worked on his tie.
‘Oh Ivan, at least eat something, besides Kira and Ryan may be hungry’ she pawed at her stepson.
‘We are not hungry, we’ll be fine’ his siblings hurried out of the dining.
‘Do you always have to be this moody and domineering’? Thomas clicked his tongue.
‘Maybe I am following your footsteps’ Ivan snarled at his dad.
He was a fireball, his temper was quick and he had so much resentment in his heart; first his mother had abandoned him for her stupid lover and his father had practically forced him to take over the company.
He had always wanted to be a painter but the man threatened to disinherit him if he refused to get schooled at Harvard; he had been young and had no choice, who could stand against a tyrant like Thomas Roseau?
‘It’s too early for you two’ Pam stepped into the situation.
‘He started it, he should stay out of my business’ Ivan grumbled and walked out on them.
‘I don’t know what to do with him, I’ve tried everything but his hatred for me grows by the day’ Thomas was getting frustrated.
He’d ignored Ivan’s non- challant behavior towards him as a child, he’d hoped his first son would come around one day, but as the years grew, he had lost hope in earning Ivan’s love.
‘I am sorry darling, I wish I could help’ she rubbed his hands.
‘He hates me, for his mother, for forcing the company on him but I only did what I thought was best’
‘It’s okay dear, all he needs is love. Once he finds the right person, he’d be healed’ Pam kissed her husband.
‘So what do you suggest I do’? He peered at her confused.
‘Let’s put a little fire up his ass’ she winked, she had a plan and was quite sure would work on her stepson.

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2020
part 2
Let’s put a little fire up his ass’ she winked, she had a plan and was quite sure would work on her stepson.
‘Do you always have to be that angry Ivan? You ruined breakfast’ his younger brother ignited the car engine.
‘I never told you guys to leave your food’ he shrugged.
‘Well, if we didn’t agree to join you in your little hunger strike episode; you’d drive off without us’ Kira chipped in.
‘We Roseaus are very rich, you could’ve used another car’ Ivan replied.
‘And miss our driving pleasure? Hell no,’ Ryan winked at his elder bro.
‘Good thing you know this. I am not in a good mood, woke up on the wrong side of bed’ Ivan blurted out.
He loved his siblings, Kira and Ryan were his friends and he cherished them very much. He was quite open with them, though they still feared him, everyone feared that dark part of him and he knew this; he used that to exercise control over the workers in the company.
‘What happened? Wasn’t the sex good’? Kira rolled her eyes. Though her brother was cold-hearted and impassive, he had a penchant for the finer things of life, things like beautiful, voluptuous blonde women and he wasn’t ashamed about that weakness.
‘Kira!’ Ryan called her name.
‘No, she is right, I sacked Samantha, the sex wasn’t good enough’ he replied.
‘Oh no Ivan, that would be the fourth personal Assistant you’d be sacking, haven’t you heard? Mixing business and pleasure don’t go well at all’ Ryan came for him.
‘Well, you know your job Kira, find me a new personal assistant’ he said in a commanding tone.
‘So you’ll sleep with her and sack her after a month? No way, I am tired of your immaturity’ she clicked her tongue.
‘Seriously? Why do you make your elder bro the devil, I am not Lucifer honey, most times these girls seduce me, they cannot resist my hotness’ he wore the face of an angel.
‘And my sweet bro here finds it very hard to say “No”, especially when she is hot’ Ryan joined.
‘Funny. I am not getting you any personal assistant; I’ll play that part till you’re ready to change. You’re thirty-two Henry, should be getting married to a nice woman, have a bunch of kids, make a father proud’ she advised.
‘Thanks, baby, but I don’t plan to get married ever. So you better get me an assistant else I’ll sack you’ his voice dropped to a deadly tone, humor wasn’t in it.
‘Sack me? Roseau is family business, I am a full-blooded Roseau’ she fired back.
‘And I am still your boss’ he replied.
‘Fine! I’ll get you an assistant. A personal assistant you want, a Personal assistant you shall get’ she hissed loudly.
She had something mischievous up her sleeves, she’ll get a man as a personal assistant, that would get him more pissed.
‘What the hell is going on here?’ Ryan watched the struggle between a poorly dressed brunette and the security men.
‘Let’s go find out’ Ivan muttered.
‘Is it just me? Or are those clothes plain ugly, who dresses like that’? Kira was amazed one could be so poor at choosing colors.
‘What’s going on here’? Ivan’s sharp voice brought the struggle to an end.
‘Good morning sir, Brunette here says she came for a job interview, what’s the post again buddy’? the older man asked his partner who was shivering like he’d seen a ghost; Ivan Roseau naturally inspired fear in people.
‘Um, Personal driver…’ he stuttered.

‘Personal assistant’ he quickly corrected himself.
Jane was stuck; her eyes focused on the handsome man in the car. He was blonde with tanned skin; a sea of blue eyes, a sharp nose and a pair of sensuous lips. He was every bit adorable, his eyes were his most arresting figure, they reminded her of the men she saw on the cover of Magazines.
‘Interesting, what’s your name young lady’? Kira jumped out of the car, this is the kind of assistant Ivan deserved for threatening her.
‘Get back in the car Kira’ Ivan commanded coolly, what the hell was she doing? He couldn’t imagine being in an office with the human scarecrow that gaped at him. Hadn’t she seen a man before? Her gaze unsettled him and he pulled on his sunshades.
‘It isn’t sunny bro, why the shades’? Ryan teased, he’d been watching the scene closely.
‘Mind your d–n business’ Ivan scowled.
‘Jane Atkins, I assure you, ma’am, I am very experienced, I have worked as a librarian, housekeeper’ she dug a hand into her purse and fetched the envelop that contained her Curriculum Vitae.
‘Wow, nice resume Jane, you know what? You have the job’ Kira patted her shoulder.
‘Really? Thank you very much’ Jane couldn’t control her excitement; she hugged Kira tightly and released her after she recovered from the shock of getting a job at such a huge company.
‘You’re welcome, meet me inside, let me brief you’ Kira smiled politely and returned to the car.
‘What do you think you have done Kira?’ Ivan slid off the shades and faced her.
‘I just got the boss a new personal assistant. Touché!’ she winked.
Jane found it strange the way she reacted at the sight of the handsome guy; she had never had a boyfriend or any admirer for that matter but it never bothered her. All she ever wanted was food on the table for herself and her mother and money to pay the bills; she had never craved for any man’s attention up until now.
‘So Jane, you’ll be working here with the Chief Executive Officer, Mr Ivan Roseau’ Kira showed her round the company and did a few introductions.
‘Um, who is Mr. Ivan please’? She asked as they passed several offices.
‘We’ll meet him soon’ Kira replied and stepped into the elevator.
Jane joined her immediately; sweat broke out on her forehead, her hands felt like jelly as she stared at the unfriendly faces of other workers; they all dressed formally. The men did justice to their ties and suits or an Italian shirt and nice trousers to go with it, the women did same; they all looked formal and neat, expensive wouldn’t be left out of this description.
‘Are you okay’? Kira observed the new girl, she seemed nervous and scared.
‘Yes I am, just slightly claustrophobic’ she stammered. That wasn’t the reason she was all sweaty, she had never been around sophisticated people like this and she felt totally out of place.
‘Good thing we’re here’ Kira pressed a button and they both stepped down to the Twentieth floor, the peak of Lancaster Soft wares where her elder brother resided.
‘Yes…’ Jane nodded and trailed behind Kira.
She noticed a slight resemblance between her and the handsome guy she’d seen in the car, she wondered if they were related briefly.
‘Wait here for me, I’ll be back’ Kira offered her a seat outside Ivan’s office. From the look she’d seen on his face, he wasn’t pleased with her choice of a personal assistant that was the reason she needed to speak with him first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by KelvinCoaster(m): 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2020
Nice storyline but what's that photo up there for?
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
part 3

Wait here for me, I’ll be back’ Kira offered her a seat outside Ivan’s office. From the look she’d seen on his face, he wasn’t pleased with her choice of a personal assistant that was the reason she needed to speak with him first
‘Knock knock’ she pushed the door open without waiting for his reply.
Ivan ignored her, he ran his fingers through the files on his desk; he chewed on a pen; he did that whenever he was stressed out or upset about something.
‘Are you going to sit there pretending that you haven’t seen me’? Kira rubbed her hands on her skirt, preparing for a face-off.
‘What do you want me to say Kira’? Ivan’s piercing blue eyes focused on hers.
‘I brought the girl, she is ready to start work’ Kira informed him.
‘No problem, bring her in’ Ivan rose to his feet, poured himself a drink and readied himself for this game. He could read his siblings like a book. Ryan was easy going and was scared of him but he had problems instilling that same fear in Kira, she got him vexed most of the time.
‘So you accept her? you like her’? Kira poked her head to a side. She had expected her brother to be mad at her, to complain and lash her with his tongue, but he acted cool. What was his plan?
‘Sure, I needed a personal assistant, you gave me one’ Ivan flashed a smile. He knew she had purposely hired someone so unattractive to work with him because he threatened her, well, he would still carry out his threats for the craziness.
‘Alright then, let me bring her in’ Kira was confused, another problem she had with Ivan, he was like a serpent in a green grass, very much unpredictable.
‘You may come in dear’ Kira parted the door and beckoned her in.
‘Thank you Madam’ Jane bowed her head slightly and stepped into the office.
‘Welcome, I’ll leave you two now’ Kira left to see Ryan, if Ivan planned on dealing with her, her younger brother would know about it.
She seemed calm on the outside, but an inferno of anxiety consumed her on the inside and unsettled her. Her eyes danced nervously as she stared into his face, how would she cope with a boss this hot?
‘Got a name’? Ivan poured himself another glass of scotch.
‘Jane Atkins’ she replied.
‘Have you worked as a Personal assistant before’? He asked then turned his back and faced the window.
‘Yes,’ she gave a brief history of her working experience.
‘Good. Take the day off, you’ll resume tomorrow’ he replied sternly and swirled around.
‘Thank you sir’ she smiled and rushed out of the office.
‘Good riddance’ he muttered under his breath.
A smile curved on his sensuous lips as he thought of the best way to get Kira pissed off
‘I got the job’ Jane rushed out of the office excitedly. She would use the day to get her clothes from the dry-cleaners. She needed to get herself prepared for what was to come, she knew this job was a big one and she wasn’t ready to take her chances.
‘Hello Brunette’ a voice called to her but she ignored it.
‘Excuse me’ the voice trailed behind.
‘Can I help you’? She turned and faced the young security man that had taunted her earlier.
‘What do you want? Are you here to sneer at me’? She kissed her teeth.
‘Um, I am sorry for what happened earlier, I was just having fun, nothing personal, I wish you’d understood that’ he replied.
‘Sorry? For humiliating me? Well, I didn’t get that particular joke, now I have to be on my way’ she hissed loudly and resumed working.
‘Hey brunette, I mean it, I am sorry. Call me Wale; I hope we could be friends’ he ran after her.

‘Back off loser, go back to your comedy’ she increased her footsteps.
‘Will be seeing ya’ he stood hands akimbo and watched as she walked away.
‘I wonder how long it will take before our boss starts to shag her’ his partner joined him.
‘I doubt he’ll f–k her, she’s not really his type’ Wale shrugged.
‘How so? Wanna bet’? His partner asked.
‘Pod, you dirty old man, well let’s do it if he bleeps her, I’ll give you five hundred bucks and if he doesn’t you’ll do me the favor. Deal’? He reached out his hand.
‘Sure Wale’ Pod took his hands.
The day had faded off like a candle whose flame had melted all of its wax; they had returned home; the drive wasn’t very exciting as it was a quiet one.
‘Get me the documents from the advertising department’ Ivan instructed Ryan and slid out of the car.
‘Geez, why the tense environment? Did you quarrel with him’? Ryan faced Kira who wore a blank expression.
‘I don’t know, but I have a feeling Ivan is upset with me, he isn’t showing it for a reason’ Kira chewed her lip.
‘I bet I would be double-crossed if you hired for me such an ugly Personal assistant’ Ryan scoffed.
‘Well, I did the right thing, if she was a bimbo Blondie, he’d waste no time taking her down, don’t you see? I want the best for Ivan’ Kira replied.
‘Well, you guys should sought your issues out, don’t involve me’ Ryan warned.
‘Welcome my lovely babies, dinner in a bit’ their mother had already set the table.
‘Good evening Ma, what are we having’? Kira kissed her.
‘Spaghetti and meatballs honeycomb for dessert’ she arranged the table.
‘Hmmm, yummy, where’s dad’? Ryan asked.
‘In his study, do you mind fetching your brother for him’? Pamela asked.
‘Why me? Ivan is pissed off at me, I don’t wanna face him now’ Kira declined.
‘Why can’t dad just call him’? She continued.
‘Because everyone except I is scared of him’ Ryan winked and left to fetch his brother.
Ivan loosened his tie and slumped on his California sized king bed; he was tired after such a long day at work.
He closed his eyes briefly and went over the day’s events; everything came and passed except for the face of his new personal assistant.
The girl was hardly a beauty; he had not really had the time to stare at her, why would Kira hire such a person?
‘Open the door Ryan’ he grunted.
‘Dad’s looking for you in his study seems important’ Ryan relayed the message.
‘Alright, let me see him now’ Ivan rose to his feet. What did the old man want now?
‘Are you and Kira fighting’? Ryan asked.
‘No, mind your business’ Ivan spanked his back lightly and left for the study.
Turquoise Roseau was not just a Computer engineer; he was a lover of books and an avid reader; he established a library for himself and hid there most afternoons.
He waited patiently for his son, Ivan, the one who hated him. Pamela had put him up to this and he hoped it worked out; he really needed to have a relationship with his son.
‘I’m here’ Ivan stepped into the study; it smelt of old rosewood and rum.
‘Come, sit’ his father beckoned to him.
‘How old are you Ivan’? He began
‘Excuse me? What’s this about’? Ivan quickly rose to his feet
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by KelvinCoaster(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2020
Good one!
Keep the updates frequent!
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 7:50am On Oct 17, 2020
part 4
‘How old are you Ivan’? He began
‘Excuse me? What’s this about’? Ivan quickly rose to his feet.
‘Always impulsive, you’ve not learned boy’ Turquoise dropped an envelope before him.
‘I need you to sign these papers, part of my will. Hurry, I need to give them to my lawyers’ Turquoise fetched the documents from it.
‘Okay…’ Ivan signed where the space for signature was provided.
‘You know why I asked your age’? A mischievous smile colored hi dad’s aging face.
‘Why’? Ivan pushed the papers away.
‘Well, that’s because you’re old enough to get married and start your own family’ he replied his son. He prayed this worked out, if it failed, Ivan’s hatred for him would totally vanish.
‘I don’t ever plan to get married, told you that severally. Apparently, you haven’t been listening, I have to go now. See ya’ he rose to his feet and left for the door.
‘Ah, but you just signed an agreement that you’ll get married before your thirty-third birthday’ his dad’s smile was crooked.
‘I don’t understand, what you are talking about’ he paused and faced his father.
‘Well, your angry nature clouded your sense of judgment and you signed these documents without reading through. You just signed, that you’ll get married before you’re thirty-three else you’ll be disinherited’ Turquoise read from the document.
‘No, you cannot do this; you cannot ruin my life, what sort of monster are you’? Ivan felt defeated. How could his father do this to him?
‘I am not a monster Ivan, all I want is your happiness’ the man rose to his feet.
‘Well, I am not getting married. Period’ he banged the door loudly and stormed out of the study.
The clouds had gathered again, it was evening and a heavy rain would fall. Jane tugged herself neatly underneath her duvet and two pillows; she had a light dinner, a sweet tooth she was. Who ate muffins and drank milk to bed?
‘A new day’s coming, gotta be prepared for it’ she yawned and closed her eyes, but sleep seemed to wander off.
She went through the day’s events, from the guards that had humiliated her, to her being offered a job at Roseau Soft Wares, that was a miracle.
‘God works miracles’ her mother would say. The woman had been very pious and had this unmovable faith in the divine.
She slid off bed reluctantly and moved to the table close to her little bed; she caressed the picture frame, it housed her mother’s picture while she was still healthy.

What would her mother say now that she got such a big job at Roseau?
‘I’ll make you proud Ma’ a tear slipped down her cheeks.
Her thoughts moved to her handsome boss, Ivan Roseau, never had she seen a man like that; she imagined him kissing her and blushed immediately at her own folly.
Her lips gave way into a smile and she jumped into bed; she couldn’t wait for the next day!
He had not had much sleep at night; his father had tricked him into signing some papers that would ruin his whole life, how could one sleep at the thought of that?
He stepped into the shower, turned it on and let the coldness of the water soothe his anger.
He had sacrificed his dreams just to serve that of his father; all he wanted as a young man was to be a painter, leave a mark on the earth surface like Leornado Da Vinci; he’d worked hard for it, before his father dumped him at Harvard, he’d been enrolling in online painting classes. But he gave up all that to please the old man, and now he had grown to love his job as a computer engineer, as a boss, he’d fallen in love with dominion, how would he give that up?
He paused as his reflection spoke to him; it was all over him, the distress he felt; knowing his father too well, he would carry out his threats if he refused to comply.
He had grown up without the love of a mother and that was a very painful experience on its own. How could she abandon him for a man? Her own child? It closed up all possibilities of him ever loving somebody or trusting his heart with them. One of the reasons he vowed never to get married, but now he had signed the papers, that could change his life forever.
He needed to do something, speaking with his siblings would do the magic, he decided to forgive Kira for hiring the scarecrow of a personal assistant; he needed her help for now.
‘I am ready guys’ Ivan appeared in the dining room. All suited up, hair well brushed, no strand was out of place, he looked magnificent.
‘No breakfast’? Pamela asked with a disappointed look on her face.
‘Thanks, Pam, I’ll pass’ he replied.
His siblings weren’t there, neither was his devil of a father, they must have been waiting in the car for him, so he trotted out.
‘Bye Ivan’ his stepmother waved at him.
‘Darling? I made him sign the papers, are you sure this would work’ her husband later showed up.
‘I am confident Ivan would find love, I believe so’ she pecked him sweetly.
The car seemed like a graveyard, it was obvious he wasn’t happy about something; and whenever he was that was, his siblings would keep off of him.
‘Is it cold in here or is it just me’? Kira whistled. She had tried getting words from Ryan concerning Ivan’s plan to sack her but he had refused to comply. She needed to be on the good side of her elder brother, she needed to pacify him in some kind of way.
‘Shut up Lisa, silence is golden’ replied.
‘I don’t like golden, I love it when it’s hot in here’ she gaped at Ivan hoping to get his attention.
‘Dad wants me to get married before my next birthday else he would disinherit me’ Ivan blurted out, he was tired of keeping it all in.
‘What’? Ryan and Kira exchanged glares.
‘He tricked me into signing some papers, I need your help guys, now more than ever’ he explained what had transpired between him and their father.
‘That’s insane, why would dad do such a thing? Marriage is by choice’ Ryan wasn’t too happy with the news.
‘Yea, he should respect Ivan’s wishes’ Kira chipped in, though she enjoyed this little game, she didn’t dare show it.
‘So what’s your plan big bro? Are you going through with the marriage thing? Should I start bride searching’? Kira asked.
He didn’t answer, he looked at her sternly, was she enjoying this?
‘Okay, honestly, I want you to get married; don’t look at me that way. it’s going to be a great celebration’ Kira grinned.
‘Really?’ Ivan snorted.
‘What’s your plan, Ivan’? He turned to his brother.
‘I don’t know, I don’t have a plan, maybe I would ignore father…’ Ivan realized the best way to get the old man pissed off was to ignore him.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by idmicheal20: 9:31am On Oct 17, 2020
Following ya story back to back wink
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by KelvinCoaster(m): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2020
This story can be better if you seperate each character's point-of-view with a line!
Keep the updates coming!
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Ann2012(f): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2020
Following
Keep the updates coming
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 7:28am On Oct 18, 2020
part 5

‘I don’t know, I don’t have a plan, maybe I would ignore father…’ Ivan realized the best way to get the old man pissed off was to ignore him.
‘Are you sure that’s a good idea? He forced you to get schooled at Harvard remember’? Kira raised a brow.
‘Yes, I don’t have amnesia but that was then. I don’t know what he wants to prove, but I will not play along, he needs me to run Roseau Soft wares, but if he forces my hand, I’d resign and go to some painting school’ Henry smiled as he crafted the perfect plan.
He knew deep down, his younger brother wasn’t that efficient when it came to running such an enormous organization, that left his father with nobody, what exactly was the old man planning? He needed to find out.
‘I was pretty mad at you darling sister for hiring Jane Atkins’ he started.
‘Jane the rainbow’ Ryan scoffed as he remembered Ivan’s new personal assistant.
‘Yes? Are you saying you have forgiven me and you wouldn’t do anything to harm me in any way considering you’re related to the devil’? Kira asked wide-eyed.
‘Sure honey, I just need you to do me a favor’ he replied.
‘What could that be Ivan’? She asked sweetly.
‘Dad adores you, Pam loves you, get closer to them, find out what dad is up to. Find out why he wants me to get married before I am thirty-three’ Ivan patted her head and slid out of the car as Ryan brought it to a halt.
‘What the “H”? How am I supposed to do that’? Ivan had put her in a very tight corner.
‘Well, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep your job, remember’? he winked and left his office.
‘Did you see that Ryan, he is blackmailing me? That’s payback, he has not forgiven me’ she pointed at his figure.
‘Well, you brought it on yourself, Ivan likes Pretty girls and you failed in your assessment of Jane ’ Ryan replied.
‘I can’t believe you’re on his side, what was I supposed to do? The way I see it, that girl needed help. I just did what my mind told me’ she fired back.
‘Well, your mind better tell you how to get Ivan answers, till then, good luck sweet pea’ Ryan kissed her face and left.
‘I am doomed, so doomed’ she sighed.
They were on a beach, running wild like little children, burrowing in the clean hot sand of it and playing with each other.
She wore a pink bikini and a straw hat; her lean body curled against his and she inhaled the fragrance of him, it was drugged, its scent was beautiful.
‘Kiss me, baby, you’re so beautiful’ he caressed her face.
She moved closer to him and was ready to receive his mouth in a hot kiss when the alarm clock cried shrilly and woke her up from sleep.

‘Shit!’ Jane jumped out of bed.
‘No, no, I am so late’ she checked her time and realized the clock was an hour late.
How on earth could the stupid clock do this to her? this was her first day at work and it would totally ruin it.
‘Help me dear lord’ she hurried into the bathroom.
Five minutes later she was out, thankfully she had set out the clothes she would wear to work the next day. For her first day, she had chosen a pleated red skirt and a flowery blouse to go with it. She didn’t wear make-up, she just brushed her thick mane of brownness, fetched her only brown bag from where it hung and dashed out of the house.
‘8: 30, get out of my way people’ she burrowed into the crowd, she was supposed to resume at 7.
‘Hello sweetheart, where are you off to’? An old cab driver beckoned to her.
‘Roseau Softwares’ she spoke hurriedly.
‘Chatter’? He asked.
‘No, yes’ she was confused; she didn’t have enough money on her for chatter.
‘Better make up your mind girl, I got other places to be’ he mumbled.
‘Hey Brunette!, come over here’ a familiar voice yelled and she followed the direction of it and found the face of the person she hated most.
‘Are you coming in or not’? She heard the cabman ask but she wasn’t paying much attention, so he drove away.
‘Come Brunette, from the look of it, you’re already late, Boss gonna be mad at you’ he called to her.
‘Okay’ she decided to join him, she had no choice.
‘Morning’ she muttered under her breath and slid into the car.
‘Good morning Sweetheart’ Wale regarded her steadily, his eyes strayed to her large skirt, didn’t she have friends at all?
‘What! Why are you staring at me’? she shifted uncomfortably.
‘Just so you know, I am not a Perv’ he chuckled but she didn’t share his humour.
‘I am really sorry Brunette for hurting you like that; I want us to be good friends. I have a lot to offer you know’ he winked.
‘Really? What can you offer me’? She mocked him with her gaze.
Wale was a young man, maybe in his mid or late twenties; he was tall and lean with a pointed nose, thin lips, and blonde hair. He was biracial.
‘Fashion tips’ Wale replied.
‘Excuse me? Are you saying I don’t dress well’? Jane felt offended.
‘Honey, I am not saying that, but you could be more than this, you are such a pretty person but you’re covering it up with ugly baggy clothes. You’re tall, slender, perky breasts, full lips, dimpled cheeks, freckled face, nice hair, you’re hotness personified, but you don’t know how to wear it’ he pulled over as they reached.
‘You’re so stupid and full of yourself. Stay away from me and it’s Jane not Brunette’ she banged the door angrily after she stepped out.
‘Wow, Brunette’s got a temper’ he chuckled softly, he knew people like her, she’d come back running to him once she realized he had said the truth.
‘Kira!’ Ivan yelled angrily, he had arrived an hour earlier than his personal assistant, his files were scattered everywhere and she wasn’t in the office.
‘Be patient bro, I tried her number, let me fix this’ Kira tried to arrange his office.
‘I told you, that scarecrow girl isn’t worth it, I’m sacking her. Samantha was never this late, I got meetings to attend and I thought I could trust her to handle things well around here’ he grumbled. Ivan was a very principled man and hated it when anyone or anything stood in the way of those principles.
‘Patience is a virtue bro, just handle it’ Kira replied coolly. She didn’t regret hiring the girl, there was something in her, and she had potential.
‘Come on in’ Kira called to the person knocking as Henry had turned his back on her, he was facing the window now.
‘Good morning Miss Atkins’ Jane stepped into the office gingerly.
‘Jane, you should take over’ Kira left the office shortly and she was left facing the back of her new boss.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 7:31am On Oct 18, 2020
part 6

Jane, you should take over’ Kira left the office shortly and she was left facing the back of her new boss.
‘Good morning sir…’ Jane stuttered. Her hands were sweaty, her legs had grown soft, what would he do to her?
‘What is the time’? Ivan turned round and faced her. Her combination of colors s—-d and that infuriated him the more, even a fifth grader could do better.
‘9 o’clock’ she swallowed.
‘You’re such a dummy, a recluse, scarecrow’ he bit his lip as the words rushed out.
Jane felt glued to the spot, it seemed her whole world had been brought to a halt. No one had ever spoken such words to her and here he was releasing profanity on her.
‘Now, go to the coffee shop opposite Roseau Soft Wares and get me coffee’ he gave her some dollar notes.
‘Alright sir’ she left his office immediately.
Tears stung her eyes as his words kept finding their way deeper into her; was she dumb? She wondered as she rushed out of his office.
He’d call her a scarecrow, what did that have to do with her coming late? Did he have anything personal against her?
‘I wonder where she is going, that one’ Pod stifled a laugh at her large skirt.
‘To buy coffee, of course, I did that sometimes for Samantha, but she still chose the boss over me’ Wale winked.
Jane was too focused on what had transpired in the office, to take note of the two men.
‘Hello Brunette, I could help with the coffee’ Wale ran towards her.
‘Get out of my way Perv’ she yelled at him, he was surprised at her reaction.
‘He likes it black’! Wale called after her.
‘You know what Wale ’? Pod gritted his teeth.
‘What’s that’? Wale returned to the cubicle.
‘I take back the bet, I don’t think Ivan would ever f–k that, she’s too ugly and dull, who wears such baggy clothes?’ Old Pod chuckled.
‘Not funny. A brunette is a pretty person, but she doesn’t know how to pull pretty off’ Wale explained, he was sure about this.
‘Well, let’s see how it goes for her’ Pod replied.
Suddenly, the scales of infatuation fell from her eyes and she realized whom she was dealing with; Ivan Roseau wasn’t a nice person at all. Why hadn’t he asked her for the reason she reported late? Not that she had any good answer to offer.
‘Yes, Ma’am, how do you like your coffee’? a waitress asked her.
‘With cream, lots of cream’ she ignored Wale’s advise, who was that punk anyway?
Ivan looked like a cream person; he sure would love a creamy coffee to help with his anger issues.
‘Thanks’ she whispered and trudged back to the company.
She had stepped out of the house feeling self-confident, now she had so many questions, ones that fought with her self-esteem. She needed to know why he used “Scarecrow” on her.
‘Are you back already’? Wale tried to make conversation but she ignored him totally.

‘Sit your ass down boy, Brunette doesn’t love ya’ Pod sneered.
‘I think Ivan’s got to her, his temper is foul’ Wale observed she wasn’t in a good mood. He didn’t like his boss much because he was one of those rich and spoilt kids that believed they could do anything they felt like and get away with it.
She climbed the elevator hurriedly, she could feel the warmness of the coffee, she prayed he liked it; she needed her first day to be perfect.
‘Can I come in’? She knocked on his door with her free hand.
He didn’t answer, so she made for the door herself.
She dropped it on his table; he stood beside the window and backed her.
‘So this wasn’t father’s plan? Pam influenced him’? Ivan was surprised at the turnout of events. Unknown to him, Kira had taken the car home and she had used that opportunity to carry out his request.
‘Yes, don’t sweat it, they want you to fall in love and be happy. They love you, Ivan, can’t you see’? Pam asked.
‘I don’t believe in love Pam. You should be on your way now, thanks. I owe you one’ he broke the call and sighed with relief.
His father had nothing against him from what Pam had said. He didn’t believe true love existed and even if it did, he would never fall for it.
His eyes strayed to the table then to her face; he realized this would be the first time he would be looking at her.
Her skin was soft and pale and she seemed young but her fashion sense was old; Jane was tall and slender, her neck was long like that of a swan bird. She was lean in a sexually attractive way, even her baggy clothes couldn’t hide that fact.
Ivan tore his eyes away from her and moved towards the table for his coffee, he loved to start his day with caffeine, he was an addict; an unrepentant one.
‘You bought me Cream’? His voice rose.
‘Yes, I… thought you’d like it’ Jane smiled weakly.
‘Shit!, you’re so dumb, I told you I like it when it’s black, get the hell out of my sight and you’re fired’ he launched the plastic cup at her. The thick creamy liquid spilled on her blouse.
Jane couldn’t believe what just happened. Why was he this mean to her?
Tears flowed freely out of her eyes and she ran out of his office.
‘D–n, I shouldn’t have done that’ Ivan sank into his swivel chair. He felt bad for the words he’d spoken to her, for launching the cup at her. Nobody deserved to be treated that way, no matter their misgivings.
‘Jane ’! He rushed out of his office, he needed to find her and apologize. He rarely apologized to people he wronged, but something in her beautiful brown eyes called out to him and he felt very guilty.
‘Jane? Please wait’ he trailed behind her but she wouldn’t stop.
‘Wait, listen to me’ he pulled her towards him.
Her brown orbs sparkled like a blazing inferno, emotions ran wild, he could see a line of tears on her face, but that wasn’t what he focused on. He suddenly realized she wasn’t ugly like she had seemed. Her Oval face and the features that graced it were very beautiful, but she didn’t know how to carry herself.
Jane wondered why he stared at her that way; his hands were tight against her and she wasn’t ready to struggle, she returned his gaze. His piercing blue eyes seemed dangerous as the waves of the sea, turbulent like a coming storm and yet soft and sincere like that of a baby’s. Why was he staring at her?
‘I am sorry; I shouldn’t have spoken those words to you. I was just in a bad place, you can have your job back; you’re not fired’ he spoke in a rush, afraid that she may disappear from him.
Jane was lost in his eyes, she realized his lips were moving, but she couldn’t make meaning of the words that came out from them.
Without hesitating, she tore herself from his arms and ran far from him.
‘Jane’! He yelled, but she was far away from him.
‘What’s going on bro’? Kira moved closer to him, she had returned.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by bigbauer(m): 11:17am On Oct 18, 2020
@ann2012 @repogirl @silver1996 @kimberlie y'all should come see this cc Divepen1

1 Like

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Ann2012(f): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
bigbauer:
@ann2012 @repogirl @silver1996 @kimberlie y'all should come see this cc Divepen1

I dey here already, pls pass the Ciroc
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 7:56am On Oct 19, 2020
part 7

Jane’! He yelled, but she was far away from him.
‘What’s going on bro’? Kira moved closer to him, she had returned.
Her vision was blurry as she moved towards the gate; her clothing was stained with coffee; he’d humiliated her greatly.
‘Jane? Are you okay’? Wale spotted her from his cubicle and ran towards her.
‘Can you please stay away from me? Now isn’t a good time’ she wiped her face with the back of her hand.
‘I can’t, you don’t look good, what happened’? He insisted
‘Nothing’ she licked her lips nervously, wondering on the next action to take. She didn’t even understand herself anymore. Ivan had asked her to take the job back; she now understood what he meant. Before now, she had been captured by his aura, his cuteness, the smell of his perfume; now she felt better, her cheeks reddened as she imagined what he’d think of her.
‘Sure?’ Wale was uncertain.
‘Sure, you know what? Just take me home’ she replied.
‘Gladly, I’ll do anything for you’ he fetched his car keys and they both moved towards his Sedan.
Going home was the best thing that came to her mind, she needed a breath of fresh air, she needed to relax and think about the words Ivan had spoken to her.
‘What does it mean for a human to be called scarecrow’ she asked Wale as he ignited the engine.
‘Well darling, it could mean a lot of things, but a human scarecrow would be someone who doesn’t know how to mix colors’ Wale took a glance at her face. She was beautiful no doubt, her eyes were red, had she been crying? She seemed to fit the perfect description of a scarecrow.
‘Did somebody call you that’? He asked.
Jane stifled a soft cry, she couldn’t break down in front of Wale; she fought so hard with the tears but they conquered her and poured down her cheeks.
‘Oh, honey, why would someone do that? Why would they say something so mean’? He felt bad for her.
‘My boss did, I should’ve listened to you, I should’ve bought him coffee black’ she said.
‘Hey, it’s okay, you were just doing what you thought was best’ he gave her hand a tiny squeeze.
‘He said I am dumb, I’m so scared of working with him, he made me feel worthless and not good enough; but I need the money though’ she wiped her face.
‘You’re not dumb honey, you got that job because you’re an intelligent young woman, you know what? I know what to do to boost your confidence’ he brought the car to a halt.
There was a beauty shop a few miles away, it was trek able.
‘Where are we going’? Jane stepped out of the car reluctantly, what was he up to?
‘Boosting your confidence, I know just how to make you feel good’ he winked.

‘Are you going to buy me ice cream? Because that makes me feel good’ a smile curled on her lips.
‘Something better than ice cream, it would bring out the best in you’ he took her hand in his as they both stepped into the beauty shop.
‘What happened? Why is the floor this messy’? Kira joined her brother in his office.
‘I don’t know’ he ignored her and poured himself a drink.
‘Ivan? Did you try forcing yourself on her’? Kira wondered.
‘Shut up Kira, how can you even accuse me of rape? That’s the last thing I could ever do to any woman, it’s a heartless thing to do’ he swallowed his drink.
‘Then what happened? Why is Jane not here to clean up this mess’? She asked.
‘I lost control, threw the cup at her and called her names’ he replied curtly.
‘D–n Ivan, you need to keep your emotions in check’ she didn’t approve of his behavior.
‘I guess it’s because I haven’t had sex in a long time’ he replied and rubbed his belly.
‘Disgusting. I have to go now’ Kira walked towards the door.
‘Thank you’ he retorted.
That did it, had she heard well or had the egoistic Ivan made a mistake?
‘I mean it, Kira, thanks for checking dad for me’ he raised a glass up.
‘Welcome bro, why do I have a feeling you want to ask for another favor’? She stared at him.
‘I need your help, Kira, find me Jane’s address, I need to see her and apologize. I feel bad for what I did’ he replied.
‘This isn’t happening, so you actually have a conscience eh’? She was surprised at him.
‘I don’t but I need to make amends, I even fired her but I told her she could have her job back, I guess she didn’t hear me clearly. I think you were right, she really needs help’
‘Well then, I’d do anything to make you happy’ Kira shrugged.
‘Thanks, Little Princess’ he winked and poured himself another drink; he was never good with apologies, but he had to be this time, he had wronged her.
She was nervous and excited about the whole shopping spree; Wale had bought her a complete make-up kit and even some new clothes; this was all new for her.
‘So Brunette, we’ll start your first makeup class together’ he joined her on the bed.
Her apartment was little; there wasn’t any living room, just the place where she slept and her bathroom.
‘Wale, are you sure about this? I don’t have money to repay you back, Ivan sacked me’? She ran her fingers through the clothes. They were of fine quality and she knew deep down, she couldn’t afford it.
‘I never asked you to pay me back, all I need is for you to be happy and confident in yourself’ Wale scanned her room. From what he observed, Jane was not a fan of Fashion.
Her dressing table was graced by a vial of lotion; a long brown comb and a mirror.
‘So why are you doing this? Why are you helping me’? She was confused, was he planning to ask her out?
‘Cause I like you and I want you to forgive me for the way I treated you the first day we met’ he managed to drag his eyes off the dull colored clothes that hung on the wardrobe.
‘Okay, thanks, Wale, but I am not too sure about this, I’ve never worn makeup my whole life’ she bit her lip nervously.
‘How old are you honey’? Wale turned sharply and faced her.
‘24’ she replied.
‘Do you have a boyfriend’? He arched a brow.
‘No, never’ she answered; why was he asking her all these?
‘Good. I see why you’ve never had a boyfriend, I’m going to turn you into a Vogue cover girl’ Wale fetched his scissors.
‘Vogue Cover girl? What’s a Vogue’? Jane wondered.
‘When I am done with you, you’ll be the definition of Vogue’ he pulled her closer to him.
‘What are you doing with that’? She turned and faced him.
‘Your hair needs some trimming’ he made a clicking sound with his tongue.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2020
part 8

Your hair needs some trimming’ he made a clicking sound with his tongue.
The house was usually quiet except when their children returned from work; Turquoise was past his youthful days, the reason he’d put his son Henry in charge of everything. Henry was more than capable and he trusted him completely with the company.
‘What’s on your mind’? Pam had set the table for dinner; soon their kids would be home.
‘He is going to hate me’ he replied coolly.
‘I am sorry Turquoise, Kira asked me a question and I told her everything about the plan; what choice did I have when she made mention of Ivan’s threat to sack her if she refused to comply’? Pam frowned.
Kira had showed up looking all tearful and hurt, the reason being Ivan. He had sent her to find answers to their father’s prank; seeing Kira that way broke her and knowing who Ivan was, she couldn’t hold back.
‘That boy is stronger than I thought. He just wiggled out of my grip’ Turquoise sighed.
‘I am sorry; it was all a stupid plan. I influenced you to do it’ she apologized.
‘You don’t have to be sorry; I’ve decided to stay out of Ivan’s life. One day he’ll come around but I still have to enjoy my good old age’ a mischievous smile dangled across his lips.
‘What’s your plan honey? I know that look’ Pam moved closer to him.
‘A vacation. Let’s live the kids for some time, have our privacy and love each other up’ he pecked her forehead.
‘Oh darling, that would be so perfect’ she hugged him.
‘Guess were we‘ll be going’? Turquoise winked, he loved to see her happy.
‘I don’t know, not really well at guessing’ she pulled away from him; her eyes danced with expectation as she looked into the eyes of the man she had grown to love.
‘United Arab Emirate’ he fetched two tickets from his pocket.
‘Oh honey, you know how much I love the Arabian world. I love you, darling, this means so much to me’ she warmed him with another hug.
‘I love you two’ he embraced her. His first wife, Ivan’s mother had cheated on him and later dumped himself and Henry for her lover; he had been broken, devastated and felt he would never find love again but Pam found him in that broken place and their love soured like an eagle unbeatable.
‘Home Sweet Home, here we come, Roseau Mansion’ Kira was the first to jump out of the car.
‘Hey you two, what’s going on’? Ryan noticed his siblings were unusually chatty. Had they made up?
‘Nothing bro’ Ivan grinned and left for inside.
‘Seriously? You think I’m that dumb? Now spit it! what happened’ he dragged Kira back.
‘Chill Ryan, nothing happened. What’s with you man’? Kira feigned ignorance.

‘I feel like I am missing out on something like there’s a big part and I am not fitting in’ Ryan expressed his feelings.
‘Okay, I am sorry but Ivan made me promise I shouldn’t tell anyone about it’ Kira replied.
They’d spoken at the office and he’d asked for her help. She had found Jane’s address from the paperwork department; they planned to go over there later in the evening.
‘Let me hear it’ he released her.
‘Well, you know his trademark. Angry outburst, bossy attitude, and tantrums, his new personal assistant was a victim of that today; she ran out of his office in tears’ Kira detailed him.
That’s nothing, we’re used to that’ Ryan shrugged.
‘No there’s something to this Ryan, I think he likes her’ Kira voiced out her thoughts.
‘Are you f—–g kidding me? I know Ivan, his type is a Taylor Swift but with Beyonce’s butt’ Ryan had a good laugh.
‘I am serious Ryan, I could see it in his eyes, and he felt sorry for what happened. Have you ever seen Ivan apologize to anyone’? She asked.
‘Well, thanks for your time, that was a hell of a joke’ he walked away laughing.
‘Crazy ass’ Kira hissed and trailed behind him.
‘You two should get a room will you’? Ivan walked in on Pam and Turquoise smooching.
‘Sorry Honies, we didn’t know you were back’ Pam pulled away from her husband.
‘Good evening father’ Ivan dropped his briefcase and sat at the table.
‘Evening Ivan’ his father replied.
‘Wow, somebody is hungry today, had a bad day’? Pam served him, she could read him like a book.
‘I’m fine’ he replied and tore his eyes away from her. This woman had tried so hard to be a part of his life; she had yearned to replace the hollowness his wayward mother had left behind but he wouldn’t let her.
‘We’re going for a vacation’ Turquoise announce as his other children joined him at the table.
‘Wow, can I come’? Kira was happy for them.
‘No, it’s just for your mother and I’ Turquoise winked at his daughter.
‘Two lovebirds’ Ryan muttered.
‘I see you two plan to run off since your plan failed’ Ivan gulped some water. He would ruin dinner for his father for trying to light a fire up his ass.
‘Excuse me’? Turquoise frowned.
‘Ivan’ Kira called his name sternly.
‘You heard me, lucky, I don’t have time for this, and we’ll do this once you return from your absconding. Get up Kira, it’s time’ he had been checking his watch the whole time.
‘But I am not done’ she hadn’t eaten half of the food.
‘No arguments, I need to see her’ he replied and rushed outside.
‘I told you, he’d hate me more, this vacation would help us’ Turquoise pushed his plate away, he’d lost his appetite.
‘Honey, please eat your food. Ivan will find peace someday’ Pam caressed his forehead.
‘Peace? When I look into his eyes, all I see is war, a fire’ he replied.
‘Well dad, don’t give up hope. From what my sister tells me, Ivan is about to find love’ Ryan grinned.
‘Are you sure about this’? Their faces lit with hope.
‘A hundred percent’ he nodded.
‘I can’t believe you didn’t let me finish my food’ Kira tried to catch up with him, he seemed to be in a hurry.
‘Sorry Kira, I want to do this and get over with it’ Ivan replied.
‘What’s your plan anyway, you just walk into her apartment and make a good apology speech eh’? Kira rolled her eyes.
‘Not really, I don’t have a plan. I just want to say the S word, launching that cup at her wasn’t nice and I feel bad’ Ivan was being honest.
‘Okay, do you like her’? Kira winked.
‘Who’? Ivan raised a brow.
‘Jane of course, your personal assistant’ she said.
‘Nah, She isn’t my type’ he fired the engine.
Jane and Wale had conversed for more than an hour; she came to realize that they shared so many things in common; they weren’t that far apart. It felt like she had known Wale all her life which was totally ironical since they’d just started speaking to each other.
‘So, for this friendship to move to the next level, we have to share secrets’ Wale worked on her hair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by aprilwise(m): 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nice one. Henry would be angry for seeing Wale and Jane together.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
part 9
So, for this friendship to move to the next level, we have to share secrets’ Wale worked on her hair.
Secrets? Well, I don’t have any’ she shrugged; she loved the idea just that she had been raised by a very pious woman and had not the time to indulge in mundane things.
‘Come on Brunette, you should have one, give me something’ Wale smiled satisfactorily as he stared down her hair.
‘Okay, I have a crush on our boss’ she bit her lip as she admitted her feelings for the first time.
Wale didn’t say a word in return, he simply added more gloss to her hair and brushed it very gently.
‘Say something Wale’
‘I knew you liked him from the first day you set your eyes on him but I knew you’d get heartbroken’ Wale didn’t want to be the one to launch Ivan’s womanizing behavior at her.
‘Heartbroken? How’? She was curious to know more about her crush.
‘Let’s end it here, time to hear my own secrets’ he rubbed his hands nervously.
‘What’s stopping you? Please don’t tell me you murdered someone’? Jane swirled and faced him; he seemed unsure of himself.
‘I’ll tell you later’ he winked. He was in love with someone and she didn’t feel the same way for him.
‘Okay then, friends’? He reached for her hand.
‘Friends’ she nodded.
‘Good, now look at the mirror’ he felt proud of his work; her long and untamed mane had now taken shape; it framed her oval face perfectly and gave life to her beautiful and well-carved features.
‘Oh my God, I look different Wale’ she caressed her head, he had transformed her totally.
‘I told you baby girl, I could transform you into a Vogue cover girl’ he winked.
‘I love this Wale, I look beautiful’ she smiled and a dimple pricked her cheeks.
‘Good, now get into these clothes, start with this one’ he offered her hip clinging denim and a crop top.
‘I wasn’t expecting anyone’ she paused as she heard the door bell ring.
‘Get into your clothes, I’ll check that out’ Wale rushed towards the door.
‘Vogue cover girl’ she muttered to herself.
Ivan wasn’t too comfortable with the part of Town they’d entered; the streets looked unkempt, meant for members of the lower class.
‘I can’t believe she comes to work from here’ Kira slammed the car door and joined her brother who’d already punched the doorbell.
‘Good evening Sir’ Wale was stunned to see his boss standing right before him.
‘Where’s Jane’? Ivan’s arrogance had not left him completely. He recognized the security guard; what was he doing at Jane’s house? Were they dating?
‘I’ll go get her’ he retreated into the house and called her name.
‘How’s it going bro’? Kira stood by his side.
‘Perfect’ he replied curtly.
His eyes wandered to a shapely brown haired girl that followed Wale closely, the blue jean clung to her honeyed hips and that was very sexy. The polka dot crop top she wore exposed a clean and healthy looking skin; her hair was beautiful.
‘Is that Jane’? Kira was equally confused.
‘I think not, the rainbow is her sister’ his eyes raked this beauty that surfaced.
‘Good evening sir’ Jane came forward to meet him; for a minute their eyes locked together; Blue against brown; surprise and confusion merged into one and increased the heat in the shared gazing.
‘Resume your duty tomorrow by 8, don’t keep me waiting’ Ivan blurted out and left for his car.

‘Okay….’ Jane tried to regain her balance. He had stared at her for so long, she felt lost in his beautiful blue eyes, but something hurt her; he seemed not to care about her new look.
‘You really like him’ Wale’s voice crept on her.
‘I don’t know, maybe I am stupid. Maybe I should just forget this job’ she pouted. She wondered if that was the only reason that brought Ivan to her house.
‘Well, I think he likes you too. I could see it in his eyes’ Wale had observed the way Ivan had stared at Jane; one of admiration and wonder.
‘Why? I doubt it, I won’t work there anymore’ she shrugged.
‘Well, you need the money. You can keep your feelings aside, but if you must keep this new look of yours, you need money Brunette. Money makes a woman glow’ he pecked her softly.
‘I need to go home now, we’ll continue tomorrow’ Wale said.
‘What about these? What do I do with these’? She lifted the clothes up.
‘To get Ivan, wear them’ he winked.
He had slept lightly; her almond-shaped brown orbs haunted him and her slender figure which was enhanced by the denim; what had happened to the scarecrow?
He had gone to her house so he could apologize to her but seeing her looking that cute threw him off balance and returned him to his old self; his plans of apologizing would have been easier if she was ugly; he didn’t understand it, maybe he was an egomaniac.
Why was he even thinking about her anyway? Jane was a different girl and he wasn’t drawn to her like the way he’d been drawn to the others; there was this halo of purity and naivety surrounding her, and he was afraid to break that.
He had prepared very early for work, his parents would be traveling later in the day; he needed to be alone, he needed to have a rethink about his whole life.
‘Where are you off to Ivan? Are you sneaking around now’? Kira stood in his way.
‘I have an important meeting to get to, do you mind stepping aside’? He sneered.
‘So, you forced me to leave my dinner and take you to Jane’s, only for you to chicken out. I thought you’d changed Ivan, but it seems you’re still your old self’ she wouldn’t let it go.
‘I had my reasons for doing that’ he tried to push her away but he resisted.
‘No you don’t have any reason; I saw the way you looked at her, I saw the way she gazed at you and it scared you’ Kira said.
‘Scared me? Ivan Roseau fears no one’ he bragged.
‘But you’re scared of yourself, you’re scared of opening your heart to someone’ Kira chipped in.
‘That’s different sis, Loving somebody is scary’ he admitted his fears. How could one fall in love and not get hurt?
‘Well, dad and my mother got it good’ Kira made an example hoping to convince him.
‘The rules don’t apply to everyone, they got lucky’ he replied.
‘No Ivan, I saw the spark in your eyes when you looked at Jane; even before her make over, there was something beneath her scarecrow exterior that you liked about her; that’s why you felt bad that you hurt her. I know you well Bro, if you care deeply about someone, that’s the only time you’d apologize’ Kira explained.
‘I don’t know what to say Kira, I can’t deny it either. But how does that happen? People don’t just fall in love like a flash of lightning’? He asked

1 Like

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nice updates!
Xandercage101,you've got a good storyline.
Keep the updates frequent.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 6:47am On Oct 20, 2020
part 10

‘I don’t know what to say Kira, I can’t deny it either. But how does that happen? People don’t just fall in love like a flash of lightning’? He asked
‘You’re right, Love is a seed; it’s only when you plant it, that it’ll grow’
‘Okay kid sis, get out of my way now, I am late’ his alarm buzzed.
‘Think about Jane, she looks nice and looks like she could use your help’ Kira waved at him.
‘Whatever’ he winked, he felt better after speaking with his sister.
Her hands shook as she applied the rouge lip wear on her lush lips; the make-up and change of clothes was all new for her but she liked it; she relished it. She wanted to look good, she wanted to be noticed by Ivan.
A shy smile appeared on her lips at the thought of his name. What kind of arrogant person was that? The way he’d spoken to her, it was like a master to his slave.
‘Done’ she smacked her lips and rushed out of the house; she didn’t want to have any more problems with Ivan.
‘Alistair’ she slid into a cab, feeling all confident.
‘You are very pretty ma’m’ the cab driver dished out compliments in a British accent.
‘Thanks’ she crimsoned. She noticed something different about her, people stared at her in a way she never understood. Wale had done it, he had worked his magic on her.
‘Thanks a bunch’ she offered him some dollar notes.
‘Keep it, seeing your pretty face is enough for me’ the young man winked and zoomed off.
‘Whoa, interesting’ she straightened, her new look not only gained her attention but free rides.
‘What the hell happened’? Pod’s mouth widened as Jane approached.
‘I did tell you she was a hottie’ Wale waved at her as she passed their cubicle.
‘Will be back for ya’ she blew him a kiss and hurried to meet her boss.
‘D–n Wale, you got a hand of gold’ Pod couldn’t tear his eyes off of her.
‘Thanks, man, I just wanted to be on her good side’ Wale replied.
‘Now, I have a feeling Ivan would want to f–k her’ Pod fingered his chin.
‘Just like he did Samantha’ Vince replied with a sad voice.
He’d been facing his window as usual when he spotted her alighting from the cab. He’d loosened his tie to take in this new Jane Atkins; he wondered how long he would last having such a beautiful woman in his office?
Then he’d caught her blowing Wale a kiss; a slight ache filled his chest, he felt jealous.
‘Good morning sir’ Jane stepped into the office gingerly.
‘You’re late’ Ivan replied curtly and turned to face her.
He took in her Pencil skirt and silky Blue top which suited her to a second skin. Her hips was lean and her legs were full; Jane’s lips shone a bright red, he felt like kissing her.
‘Late’? She checked her wristwatch in shock, she realized she was three minutes late.

‘I am sorry sir’ she bowed her head.
‘Here’s a list of what I want you to do for me, good luck’ he handed her a piece of paper and stormed out of the office.
‘Alright’ she accepted it, her heart fell, Ivan wasn’t moved by her looks, she could see it in his eyes; how stupid she was, a man like Henry must have had numerous girlfriends, why would he want a newbie like her.
He’d purposely walked out of the office; being around her had an effect on him and he needed to focus. He was drawn to her on a different kind of level, not the type that led to steamy sheets, no; this feeling was alien to him.
All he yearned for was her admiration for him; he remembered the way she had gaped at him the first time, he had felt irritated now, but he’d do anything to have her look at him that way.
‘Way to go brother mine, why did you leave without us’? Kira’s sharp voice broke into his thoughts.
‘I told you why’ he replied.
‘Where’s Ryan’? Henry asked.
‘Flu’ Kira raised a hand.
‘So what are you up to’? Kira joined him for a walk.
‘Nothing, meeting’s over, maybe I should return home’ Ivan suggested.
‘Return home? By this time? Are you kidding’? She raised a brow; she knew how much of a workaholic her brother was.
‘Yes,’ he nodded as he saw her stepping out of the office.
‘Wait, is that ’? Lisa’s eyes widened.
‘The very same’ Ivan offered with a nod.
‘Oh, you like her! That’s why you’re running because you like her’ Kira slapped him on the shoulder.
‘I don’t hate people’ a coy smile formed on his sensuous lips; once again, his sister had read his thoughts.
‘So what are you gonna do? Please don’t sleep with her and sack her after’ She begged.
‘I wouldn’t, I can’t do that to her, I feel different for her’ he grimaced.
‘Then let’s plan, ask her out’ Kira said.
‘She has a boyfriend, that security guard guy, I saw her kiss him this morning’ he felt jealous.
‘Wait, Wale, are you sure she kissed Wale’? Kira held a laugh, unlike her brother she had the time for office gossips.
‘Yes, what’s funny’? He saw the look on her face.
‘I think Jane likes you’ she replied.
‘Good. So ask her out or I could help you do it. Seems you’re shy’ she rolled her eyes.
‘No! I’ll do it myself. I have a plan’ his eyes twinkled mischievously.
She didn’t enjoy being in his huge office alone; she checked the list he’d given to her and realized she had fulfilled all of his requirements.
He’d not taken a second glance at her, he was one of the reasons she had taken time to dress up but he didn’t give a d–n about her.
‘You’ve been such a fool’ she fetched her mirror and gazed at herself.
She was bored, Wale wasn’t at his station so she was stuck here; she got curious and moved to where he usually stood, by the window.
‘Wow’ she breathed in awe, the view was scintillating.
Suddenly the door bust wide open and she felt like sinking into the ground, she froze where she stood. Surely he wouldn’t approve of her standing by the window.
‘Welcome sir’ she swallowed hard, expecting him to yell or call her more names.
‘Afternoon, come and have some’ he handed her a bag.
‘Thanks’ she blushed. How could he guess she was a sweet tooth? He’d bought her doughnuts.
‘Welcome’ he settled into his chair and watched her closely; he hoped he was doing the right thing.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 6:49am On Oct 20, 2020
part 11
Welcome’ he settled into his chair and watched her closely; he hoped he was doing the right thing.
She blushed the whole time as she chewed the doughnuts; they seemed to be from a very classy restaurant as she had never eaten something so delicious before.
A smile curved on her lips as she remembered the conversation she had with Wale her friend; she had told him she had a crush on the boss but he had warned her to be careful as they boss was a heartbreaker.
She stole a glance at Ivan Roseau, his head was buried in the files that he worked on; he wasn’t paying any attention to her.
Why would her boss buy her doughnuts? Why would he care?
‘I’ll like to take some air outside’ she announced and rose to her feet.
‘Oh, go ahead, you’re free’ Ivan managed a smile.
Her heart stopped as she stared into his face, he looked more handsome when he smiled; his smile brought light to the rest of his features and made him more appealing.
‘You’re free’ Ivan repeated, it seemed she had not heard him.
He had that feeling again that she desired him strongly from the way she stared at him.
‘Thank you Sir’ she crimsoned and rushed out of the office.
Ivan watched as she walked out of the office, he loved the view of her back; she wasn’t too big there, but she had a neat and firm bottom that sat on a pair of incredibly sexy legs.
‘We have a problem Ivan’ his sister, Kira burst into the office minutes after Jane was gone.
‘Can’t I have peace for once’? Ivan rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair.
His blue eyes ran over his sister recklessly, what was happening?
‘We have a huge problem, something that may affect the company, your reputation and everything we have suffered to build and this is all your fault’ she dropped a magazine on his table.
‘I don’t understand you, what are you talking about’? Ivan grabbed the magazine and flipped through the pages.
His name was plastered in red at the tenth page and that made him more curious.
‘Samantha, she is such a terrible liar, I never harassed her sexually’ he threw the magazine on the table.
‘Tell that to the court, she is planning to sue us and you know d–n right that she would milk a lot of money from us, should she take this to the court’ Kira replied.
It wasn’t a secret that her brother had the habit of sleeping with his personal assistants and firing them after he’d grown weary of them. Samantha wasn’t the type to be joked with, she was ambitious and greedy and would do anything to get money from Ivan.
‘So what are we going to do’? Ivan asked. He was confused and infuriated that Samantha would tell the “Reach out Daily” that he had harassed her sexually.
‘You. What are you going to do? You brought this upon yourself Ivan and you need to fix this’ Kira replied.
‘All what she wants is money, maybe we should give her that, it could stop her from going to the court’ Ryan strolled into the office and joined his siblings.
‘But you both know I did not harass her, what we had was consensual, I don’t understand why she would tell lies about me’ Ivan replied.
‘I believe you bro, but the court wouldn’t believe you. Just get her some cash and make this disappear’ Ryan raised the magazine up.
‘And about your new Personal assistant, I think you should put a hold on the feelings you have for her, till all these is over. I don’t even think you should date her, it could cause more trouble. She looks like a broke ass and may want to manipulate you. So quench any feeling that you may have for her’ Kira advised.

Ivan thought he had not heard his sister well, he couldn’t deny his feelings for Jane anymore; she was nice and humble and he’d grown to like her, coupled with her new look.
‘I can’t’ he replied curtly.
‘What do you mean you can’t’? Kira’s eyes blazed. It seemed her brother did not understand the impact Samantha’s interview with the magazine would cost the company.
‘I sort of asked her out’ Ivan replied.
‘How did you do that’? Ryan raised his brow.
‘I slipped in a note in a bag containing the doughnuts that I bought her’ he sank into his chair.
‘Doesn’t matter, if she knows it’s from you, you can just deny you weren’t the one. If you ask me, it’s not a big deal’ Kira suggested.
‘But that would mean humiliating her’ he said.
‘Doesn’t matter, she would get over it’ Kira replied and walked away.
‘What do you think bro’? Ivan stared at his younger brother.
‘I think Kira is right. It’s for the good of the company’ Ryan said.
‘But what about my own happiness? I would find a way to fix Samantha’s case but I would never let go of something this important, I have never felt this way for any other woman before. I have feelings for her and I am not going to quench it simply because you two asked’ Ivan wouldn’t be cowered into killing his feelings for Jane.
He was going to pursue it to the very end.
‘I guess I have no option but to support you’ Ryan winked.
‘Hey Pod, have you seen Wale’? She asked.
‘Yes, he’s been acting really funny though’ Pod replied in a gruff voice.
‘Funny? I don’t understand’ she raised a brow.
‘Here he comes, you could ask him’ Pod returned the paper he was reading.
‘Hey brunette, how are you’? Wale winked and placed a peck on her face.
‘I am fine, are you okay’? She noticed a sad expression in his eyes.
‘Yes…I think I am’ he forced a smile, which didn’t go unnoticed by her.
‘Wow, you are such a terrible liar, can we talk? I have a lot to tell you’ she winked excitedly.
‘Let’s go to the coffee shop then, I could really use a drink’ he suggested.
Minutes later they were seated in a coffee shop which was a stone throw from the company.
‘What’s that glint in your eyes’? Wale smiled and winked. Jane looked very beautiful whenever she smiled, something was up.
‘Care for some doughnuts’? She handed him the bag.
‘Sure’ he snatched the bag from her and dipped his hand into it.
‘Where did you get this from? Looks kind of expensive’ he asked.
‘Take a bite first and I will tell you’.
He felt something light brush his fingers, he quickly fetched it out and noticed it was a piece of paper.
‘What now’? He stared at it.
‘What’s that’? She stretched her palm for the paper.
‘I think the someone just asked you out’ blood drained from his face as he read the note aloud.
‘Are you serious’? She quickly snatched the paper from him.
I want you to be my girlfriend, what do you say?
‘Who got you these doughnuts’? Wale asked after taking a bite.
‘Ivan’ she murmured her boss’ name.

1 Like

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by aprilwise(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 8:31am On Oct 21, 2020
part 12

Who got you these doughnuts’? Wale asked after taking a bite.
‘Ivan’ she murmured her boss’ name.
Wale quickly spat the pieces of flaked doughnut from his mouth.
‘Are you okay’? She noticed he now wore a frown.
‘Yes I am’ he quickly gulped down some water.
‘But there’s no name on it, it may not be from him’ Jane felt really excited and was hoping Ivan had really asked her out.
‘Honey, this note is from him. You need to keep your distance from that guy, he is bad news. I don’t want to see you hurt’ Wale quickly tore the note to shreds.
‘How could you do that? Why would you tear the note’? She snapped at him.
‘Because I know Ivan Roseau, I know the way he acts around pretty women like you; he doesn’t like you Brunette, he just wants to get into your pants and you will be a fool to let him’ Wale snorted.
‘I don’t like the way you’re speaking to me. What makes you think I am like the other girls? I am special you know, you told me that and maybe Ivan sees this too, I like him, I really do’ she pushed the rest of the doughnuts aside suddenly losing her appetite.
Wale was about to say more; he wanted to tell her about how Ivan had slept with all his personal assistants and dumped their ass; he wanted to tell her about the bet he made with Pod and how everyone in the company was expecting her to fall for his charms but he wouldn’t; he couldn’t.
He knew what it meant to like somebody. Love blinded people and that was what it was doing to Brunette.
‘Okay, I am just trying to look out for you’ he shrugged. He had been distracted a few minutes from his own personal problems. But the hollowness and the pain he felt had returned.
‘I know you are worried about me, but I can take of myself’ she was defiant.
‘Okay okay, can we go now’? He asked.
‘No. Talk to me Wale, what’s wrong with you’? Jane asked, her brown eyes dancing all over him.
Wale was a cheerful guy, he made her laugh most of the time they spent together but now, he was the dull one and it bothered her.
‘My girlfriend broke up with me’ He replied.
‘Oh, I am so sorry about that, I thought…I’ she stuttered.
‘That I am gay? Why does everyone think that’? Wale scoffed.
‘Well, you know a lot about fashion and make-up’ she shrugged.
‘That’s not enough reason to make you think I am gay. I am a 100% straight and the woman I loved most just broke my heart, I feel horrible’ he was dead inside, only Brunette’s smile gave him a reason to be happy.
‘I am so sorry, what was the reason for the break-up’? She asked.
‘She is into rich guys and I am just the Security man’ he shrugged and beckoned on the waiter.
‘Whoa, that’s really hard and cruel to her, she doesn’t know just how amazing you are’ Jane reached out for his hands and gave it a comforting squeeze.
‘Thanks, Jane, promise me you will be careful with our boss’ Wale stared into her beautiful eyes, he hated Ivan with everything in him and hoped Jane wouldn’t fall prey to his ways.
‘I promise, what do you really have against Ivan’? She asked.
‘Nothing’ Wale replied and released a breath.
How could he tell her that he had been dating Samantha? He had helped her get a job as Ivan’s personal assistant and immediately she got the job she started sleeping with him.
He had forgiven her and continued with their relationship; he was deeply in love with her and was ready to overlook all her shortcomings including her cheating ways but she had ended their relationship that day.
She called him a punk and a loser who is unwilling to make cool money and get rich.
‘So, what do I do about this note because I have a strong feeling my boss just asked me out’ she jiggled and jumped on her feet feeling very excited her dreams had come to pass.
‘Ask him’ Wale replied curtly.
‘Are you kidding me’? She laughed.

‘You need to be sure the note is from him, don’t raise your hopes only to get it dashed. Okay, take for instance, let’s say he was trying to woo another lady and she rejected his doughnuts and he brought them to you, what do you think about that’?
She was silent for a while as she pondered on Wale’s line of thought; he helped her to see clearly.
She had been so excited and her love for Ivan shielded her eyes from seeing the truth.
‘I have been so stupid Wale’ she released a breath.
‘No, you are not stupid. Liking him does not make you stupid, don’t ever say that’ he curled his arms round her shoulders.
‘I just really like him, from the first day I set eyes on him, something stopped inside of me. I guess you are right, I am not even his spec. I am not pretty enough like the girls on Vogue magazine, why would he want me’? Her confidence dropped to a zero degree.
‘Honey, trust me, you are more beautiful than all the models combined together on the Vogue or the Elle, but I don’t think Ivan is the right man for you’ Wale repeated.
‘Can you stop saying that? I feel worse whenever you do’ she rolled her eyes.
‘Sure, I need to take this’ he quickly took his hands off her and fetched his buzzing phone, Samantha was calling.
His heart raced as he imagined she had called him to mend their broken relationship.
The day was over and he’d driven his siblings back to the mansion; the car had been very silent as no one was in the mood to talk.
Kira busied herself with plans on how takedown Samantha, her brothers’ ex who was bent on tarnishing the image of the company.
Ryan was torn between his elder brother and Kira, whose side was he going to take?
He loved Ivan very much and wanted him to be happy but Kira was seeing beyond love, she was being realistic and practical; she knew what would be best for everyone.
‘So Ivan, how do you plan to handle Samantha’? Kira asked.
‘You don’t need to worry, I can work my magic on her’ he replied coolly, his sister was starting to get on his nerves. She didn’t have to act like she owned the company and everything Samantha would launch would fall on her. He was deeply involved in this mess more than the rest of his family.
‘You should really be happy dad and mum went on their vacation, the more reason you should act fast before the news spreads globally’ she added.
‘Alright, I have had enough of your attitude, what’s this? You’re so judgy and insensitive. I don’t have time for this’ he turned off the car once they arrived home and rushed out of it.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 8:34am On Oct 21, 2020
part 13
Alright, I have had enough of your attitude, what’s this? You’re so judgy and insensitive. I don’t have time for this’ he turned off the car once they arrived home and rushed out of the car..
Jane was on his mind the whole time; he wondered if she had seen the note inside the bag; would she yes? Obviously, she liked him, so she was going to say “yes”. Samantha could rot in hell for all he cared, he knew what she needed. As long as she didn’t have any proof of him harassing her, there was no case.
‘Did you just see that? He walked out on me’ Kira hissed.
‘Hey, you’re getting ahead of yourself, we’re all in this together, we’re one big happy family’ Ryan made for the door but Kira held his shirt tightly.
‘Are we’? Kira raised her brow.
‘You’ve been acting really strange lately, are you okay sister’? He sat back in the car and glanced at her.
‘Ivan is not really our brother, he is a “half” brother and we don’t owe him anything’ she started.
‘Whoa, slow down, where is this coming from’? Ryan couldn’t believe his ears.
‘I found a document in dad’s room, remember Ivan had asked me to look up and see what was going on with dad and mum…I found his will and he willed the company and a lot of money to Ivan. Ours is just 10% of the will, it made me realize something’ she licked her lips nervously.
‘Realize what’? Ryan still couldn’t believe his ears.
‘That Ivan has been given more than enough, more than he deserves; we work harder than he does and we are more responsible, why does he have to get the biggest share out of everything’? Kira sighed hoping Ryan would feel the way she felt.
‘He is our brother, my brother, we are blood, Kira. If father decided to will everything to him, then its best for us. He had his reasons why. Ivan may have his shortcomings when it comes to women but he is more hardworking, he gave Roseau Softwares her name, don’t you forget that. And I am done having this conversation with you’ he was irritated Kira would even reason that way.
‘I heard you two back in his office, he wants to go ahead with his new personal assistant. He wouldn’t kill his feelings for her Kira observed, she had overheard her brothers right after she’d walked out of the office.
‘Is that a bad thing? Honestly, I have never seen Ivan like somebody this much; it’s rare and I feel this is real. Leave him alone, we could sort Samantha out ourselves’ Ryan warned.
‘Yes, and that is why we must work together, you and me’ she had a plan.
‘We could meet up with Samantha and ask her to go to court, that way the company’s name would be smeared and dad would blame Ivan for everything, that way, he would be cut off from the will. What do you think’?
Ryan scoffed, maybe he had not heard her well.
‘Are you asking me to betray my brother, our brother? I am really amazed, you’re greedy’ he pushed open the car door.
‘I have a little assignment for you, find Samantha and encourage her to go to court, offer her money and tape that conversation so we would have leverage over her for future purpose’ she said in a commanding tone.
‘I think you’re sick in the head, excuse me’ Ryan ignored her and stepped out from the car but his exit was not complete before she dropped the last arrow.

‘If you don’t, I’ll tell Ivan your secret, the secret that I have kept for so long’ Kira smiled a mischievous smile.
‘Are you blackmailing me now’?
‘It is what it is. That’s your job, mine is to destroy his relationship with Jane’ she sighed and jumped out of the car.
He let the coldness of the water run down his back; the chill droplets calmed all his fears of being rejected, his anger for his sister and his budding hate for Samantha.
He stepped out of the Shower and stared himself in the mirror.
‘I am hot and irresistible, she cannot say no’ he winked at his reflection.
His skin was refreshed; his blonde strands were scattered and his blue eyes pierced the mirror.
He had never been the type to get scared while wooing a woman, but he wasn’t that confident when it came to Jane, he didn’t know why.
Even after he had found her eyes on him in a desiring fashion, he still felt scared of being rejected by her or maybe it was because he had seen her hanging out with the security guy.
He released a sigh and stepped out from the bathroom.
When she had returned to the office, she had not said a word to him apart from: “Good afternoon sir”.
He had replied with a smile hoping that she had gotten the note he slipped into her doughnuts.
“Did you like the doughnuts”? He had asked and she replied with a nod, followed by her beautiful smile.
‘I hope I did the right thing, else I’d feel so stupid’ he grunted and slipped into his clothes.
He fetched his phone and scanned it briefly, Samantha was yet to hit the internet; he knew how to handle her, but Jane was more important now.
He decided to take the bull by the horn, he dialed her number and placed the phone against his left ear.
‘Hello, Ivan Roseau on the line’ he pursed his lips, waiting for a reply, he wondered what her phone voice would be like.
‘Hello, honey, you have a call’.
That was it, that was enough to make him drop the call, a storm of jealousy raged through him as he imagined her with another man.
The male voice had called her “honey”, he had been such a fool to think she was a single woman.
‘Shit happens’ he threw the phone carelessly on his bed.
He felt hurt that he had even made an effort but he also felt better he had not included his name on the note so he had not humiliated himself in any way.
‘I was so stupid’ he groaned and climbed his bed.
Jealousy poured upon him like rain as he imagined all kind of scenes in his head; he imagined her with her lover kissing and making love; he found it hard to sleep as sleep had eluded him and left him void with nothing to think about except her beautiful face and her long brown hair.
‘I am going to get over you’ he muttered to himself.
Now he had not gotten a favorable answer from her, he sank into a bad mood and decided that this would be the best time to see Samantha.
He fetched his car key and rushed out of his room, he met his sister in the parlor but he ignored her totally.
‘Where are you off to’? She glanced at him briefly.
‘None of your business’ he scowled and continued towards the door.
‘We shall see’ she bit her lip and watched him walk away.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 8:36am On Oct 21, 2020
part 14

‘None of your business’ he scowled and continued towards the door.
‘We shall see’ she bit her lip and watched him walk away.
All she needed was Ryan on her side to win this battle and there was no stopping her.
‘Have you decided to work with me or against me’? She rose to her feet as Troy walked into the living room.
‘I’ll work with you, but swear you’ll never tell Ivan about what happened that night’ Ryan swallowed the pain that built inside him, he couldn’t believe his sister would betray him like this.
‘Hands on my chest, I swear Ryan, I would not do anything to jeopardize your relationship with your brother’ she smiled.
‘Good. I need Samantha’s address’ Ryan asked.
He didn’t feel right working against his brother but he had no choice, if Kira told Ivan about his secret, it would create a large rift between them forever and he didn’t want that.
He cherished the relationship he had with his brother but wasn’t he still on the road to ruining that relationship by working against him?
‘Here, I got her files from the Records Department, here is everything you need. Just record your conversation with her and ask her to take the matter to court. All clear’? She needed to be sure.
‘All good’ he replied in a weak voice, still shocked that his sister would betray him.
‘I am doing this for us Ryan, for our family. I know you hate me and feel very disappointed, but we are doing the right thing. Dad would be so proud of us’ she placed a light peck on his face.
‘Can I ask for just one favor from you’?
‘Sure, what’s it’? She turned to him.
‘Can you stay out of Ivan’s love life? He is really happy about Jane, I feel you should let him be considering the amount of pain we’re about to inflict on him’ Ryan begged.
‘I may consider that, now run along, you don’t have much time on your hands’ she pushed him towards the door.
‘Brunette! You have a call’ Wale dropped her phone on the bed.
‘Really? Who? Maybe he called’ she rushed into the room to see it.
‘Your boss called, said to remind you of work, the company would be a beehive tomorrow, so he wants you to be prepared’ Wale lied.
He knew Ivan had dropped the fall once he heard a male voice and he wasn’t sorry about taking it; Ivan had destroyed his relationship with Samantha and he wasn’t going to let him destroy his relationship with Jane.
More importantly, he wasn’t going to let him hurt her.
‘Really’? Her heart fell as she stared at the phone.
‘I am sorry Jane, I told you not to get your hopes up, that guy is a real douche bag’ he put his arms around her.
‘I was so eager, I thought he would call. He even asked me how the doughnuts tasted’ she pulled away from him.
She felt disappointed that Ivan would call to talk about work; she had expected him to mention stuff about the note; tell her about his feelings and ask her out in person.
‘Maybe he just felt like buying you doughnuts, you read too much meaning, I am sorry you feel disappointed’ he smoothened her hair.
‘Do you think he noticed my makeover? Maybe I should dress sexier, you know, reveal my curves or show cleavage? Maybe he would get drawn to that’ she was really desperate for his attention.

‘Hey, you don’t have to do that. Ivan doesn’t deserve you, you’ll find Mr. Right soon enough, okay’?
‘I always feel better talking to you Wale, thanks’ she smiled and hugged him.
She had invited him over to teach her how to draw her brows perfectly and to spend some time with him so he could get over his ex. She knew what losing someone you really loved could feel like; she had lost her parents and that pain had left a huge void in her heart.
‘I have to leave now Brunette, you need to get some sleep, like your boss said, it’s going to be a beehive tomorrow’ he winked and planted a soft kiss on her hair.
‘Thanks’ she waved at him.
‘Excuse me, I need to take this call’ his phone buzzed, Samantha was calling again.
He couldn’t believe what she had said the first time and so he’d cut the call on her, but now Ivan had decided to pursue his friend Jane, and he knew very well the story wasn’t going to end well, why couldn’t he do a little mischief to him?
‘Hello Samantha, I am in’ he replied curtly and turned off his phone as Jane returned.
‘Who was that’? She asked.
‘Just a friend, I need to go now honey, see you later’ he blew her a kiss and rushed out of the house.
‘Bye’ she waved. She noticed Wale had avoided her eyes and she found it really strange, like he was hiding something from her.
‘Samantha’ she repeated the name she had heard.
A smile played on her lips, was Wale getting over his ex already? She couldn’t wait to find out his secret.
The sadness she felt quickly returned as she stared at the bag that contained the doughnuts, she fought hard to control the tears that had welled up in her eyes but the tears prevailed and she sobbed herself to sleep not knowing how she would face him the next day.
He had come up with a perfect plan that would dissuade Samantha from going to the court; he knew he was innocent and he equally knew that the court had convicted a lot of innocent people for crimes they didn’t commit.
His love affair with Samantha could be read as a form of sexual manipulation and that would affect the image of his company badly.
He stepped out of the car with a bouquet of flowers and scented candles in the other hand, he knew she loved scented candles and that’s why he had brought it to cajole her.
He hoped he was doing the right thing, he rapped on the door twice patiently waiting for her to answer.
‘Who’s there’? He could see her eyes from the peephole, but he deiced to answer anyway.
‘Ivan’ he replied.
‘You finally came’ her sapphire eyes were dim with seduction as she stared into the eyes of the man that she had always desired.
‘Come on in’ she widened the door.
‘How are you, Sam? I came bearing gifts’ he smiled and showed the bouquet and the candles to her.
‘Aw, you know my favorite’ she inhaled the scent of the aromatic candles, it was Jasmine and rose.
‘What can I offer you’? She asked.
‘Nothing. I came here to talk’ he decided to go straight to the point, there was no point beating around the bush.
‘Talk shall we’ she sat cross-legged and waited for him to speak.
‘I know you spoke to a local magazine and you told them lies; why did you have to lie baby? I thought you enjoyed our relationship while it lasted’ he laced his tongue with honey; this was the only way to get her.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by aprilwise(m): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2020
Enemies from within. Am wondering what kinda secret resulting to blackmail.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
Part 15

I know you spoke to a local magazine and you told them lies; why did you have to lie baby? I thought you enjoyed our relationship while it lasted’ he laced his tongue with honey; this was the only way to get her.
‘Are you kidding me? Do you think that line would work? You’re more shallow than I thought’ she rose to her feet and walked towards her cellar, fetched herself a glass and a bottle of scotch.
‘What do you want from me, Sam’? He scoffed, this was going to be more difficult than he thought.
‘You used and dumped me like I didn’t matter; I thought I was different from the rest of the women that you slept with; I felt like a princess favored by her prince charming; I even dumped my boyfriend because of you. I want you to suffer for humiliating me’ she gulped the hot liquid down her throat.
‘And I want money too, lots of it’ she quickly added.
‘I could arrange for that’ Ivan exhaled; he knew her type, easy to get or silence with money.
‘Is that all you’re going to say? Aren’t you even sorry for dumping me and treating me like trash’? She couldn’t believe him.
‘What do you want me to say, Samantha? If I told you that I am a changed man, that I have realized the value of others; that I no longer sleep around, would that make a difference? If I told you that I am sorry for hurting you, would it make a difference? Tell me, Samantha, would it’? He rose to his feet and walked towards her.
She had never seen him this way; something had changed in him.
‘I am truly sorry for the way I treated you, but you shouldn’t tell lies about me; you know my reputation would me smeared along with the company’s, please don’t let me lose everything. Everything we did was consensual, have a rethink Sam’ he begged.
She said nothing. Silent and surprise numbed her lips. Who could believe that the great Ivan Roseau could apologize?
‘I’ll talk to the magazine to take off the interview and I promise not to go to court’ she swallowed the last remains of her drink.
‘Oh my God thanks so much’ he felt relieved.
‘Don’t thank me yet, I have not forgiven you totally, I want us to be in love again. I want us to go back to the way we used to be’ her eyes were dreamy as she spoke.
Ivan’s euphoria swam away in the water of reality as her words registered.
‘I can’t do what you’re asking’ he replied without thinking.
‘Why’? She narrowed her brows.
‘Nothing. Just forget me Sam, take the money I would offer and leave’ he replied.
This was totally unlike Ivan. How could he expect her to let go of him that easily? How could he tell her to forget the passionate way he had kissed her or the way he made love to her like no man had ever?
‘I am sorry Sam, but I am not that man anymore’ he sighed. He truly regretted his past; his feelings for Jane had bought him a new conscience and a new mind.
‘What is that look in your eyes’? She couldn’t miss it. It was the look of a man in love.
‘You’re in love with someone else and that is why you are repulsed by the idea of us being together’ she observed.
‘Yes, I am’ Ivan replied and rushed out of her house.
She felt greatly enraged as his cologne faded from her house; she had thought of granting him a pardon, but now, she would visit Ivan with full force.
How could he fall in love with another woman after all the things they had shared?
She poured another glass of scotch and settled herself on her sofa ready to drown in the liquor when she heard a knock on her door.

She had called him earlier so they could work together; her eyes strayed briefly to the clock that hung on the wall; it had to be him.
Without an alibi, someone to stand by her, she wasn’t going to win this case against Ivan; she had thought about it deeply and had approached him.
‘You came’ her lips twitched as she stared into his face.
‘You look beautiful tonight…’ he stuttered as he took her lovely eyes and her golden brown hair.
‘Come on in Wale, we have a lot to talk about’ Sam winked.
Wale had always been an ardent admirer of blondes and brunette; from the very first time he had set eyes on Samantha, he developed a crush on her but she did not feel the same.
She had been sleeping with Ivan at the time and that really bruised his ego.
‘I would do it’ he said curtly.
Ivan deserved to be sued and milked dry of millions, he was the reason he had lost his darling Samantha and he was about doing the same thing to Jane. He needed to be taught a lesson.
‘Wow darling and here I was thinking you didn’t have guts, apparently you’re the kind of man I should be looking for’ Samantha felt pleased that he had agreed to work with her.
‘What I am about doing is dangerous, I need something from you’ Wale rubbed his hands nervously as he raked his eyes all over her.
‘And that would be? Name your price, I could write you a check’ she dropped her glass and swiftly rose to her feet.
‘No, I don’t want money, I want more’ Wale joined her standing.
‘What do you want Wale’? She rolled her eyes.
She felt irritated that he would crave for her; she liked men that were made like Ivan; made and polished and not some Security man with a cheap salary.
‘You’ Ivan replied.
‘You cannot have me’ she replied bluntly.
‘Why’? Her words flayed his flesh once again.
‘I am not in the dating market right now’ Samantha lied smoothly; she needed his help to bring Ivan down.
‘Alright. Then I am not helping you’ he shrugged and quickly turned towards the door.
‘Wait’! She called after him, she couldn’t lose Wale now.
‘Once we win the case, we’ll go on a date’.
‘Are you sure about that or you’re just trying to act smart’? He scanned her carefully.
‘I promise’ she crossed her heart.
‘I guess I am in, when do I get to testify’? Wale couldn’t wait to tell the court how Ivan was sexually harassing Sam.
‘In two days time’ her eyes glowed with confidence and determination.
Ryan had stood a few miles away from Sam’s house. He watched as his brother left and he was more astonished when he saw Wale, one of the security guards at Roseau Softwares stepping out of Samantha’s house.
‘What the’? He fetched his phone and took snapshots, something was fishy.
He pondered on Kira’s assignment, how could he walk in there and tell Samantha to file the case to court; an action that he knew would ruin his brother’s life and damage his career forever.

#ENDSARS
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY
#GIVEUSNEWNIGERIA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Ann2012(f): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2020
Thanks for the update OP
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2020
This story is getting interesting!
Who is Henry? Who is Troy?
I think some mix-up!
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2020
part 16

He pondered on Kira’s assignment, how could he walk in there and tell Samantha to file the case to court; an action that he knew would ruin his brother’s life and damage his career forever.
He thought of how nice and kind of a big brother Ivan had been to him.
Though he was hot-tempered and could get very controlling at times, he loved his brother dearly and wouldn’t do anything to betray him.
But would Ivan ever forgive him if he found out about the past?
He had seen the determination in Kira’s eyes as she threatened him, she had thought it all out and now she was using him as a pawn.
‘I am sorry Ivan, I have to do this’ he shut his car and strolled towards Sam. He didn’t have a choice, Kira couldn’t let his secret out, Ivan was going to hate him forever.
He drew a deep breath and rung the doorbell.
‘Anybody home’? He yelled.
It took him a few more ringing before the door fell open and he found Sam standing in her Lingerie.
‘What do you want Ryan? Did your brother send you to cajole me? Tell him I am moving forward. I will tell the world how he harassed me and fired me when I rebuffed his sexual advances’ she poked a finger at his face.
‘No Sam, I am here for something else’ Ryan exhaled sharply, betraying his brother was difficult.
‘What could that be’? She lifted a brow.
‘I want you to file the case, take Ivan to court. I and my sister Kira are solidly behind you’ Ryan said.
He could feel her suspicious eyes scrutinizing every angle on his face.
‘Are you trying to set me up? What’s your plan’ she moved backward afraid he may hurt her?
‘No. Not all’ he raised his hands up.
‘Then why would you turn against your own brother’? Samantha wouldn’t be patronized.
‘Because he is a d–k and I want to screw him over; I want Ivan to pay for the way he has been treating me all these years. I want him to suffer humiliation and disgrace’ Ryan replied.
‘Hmm, sounds tough. I’ll sleep on it, let’s talk later’ she decided she didn’t trust him just yet.
‘Thanks for your time, I promise you, working with me and Kira would be the best decision you have ever taken.
‘Goodnight Ryan’ she whispered and watched as he walked away, confused and torn between decisions, what had she gotten herself into?
‘He bought me doughnuts’ she muttered as she worked on her face, in preparation for work.
‘But doughnuts mean nothing’ she reminded herself.
She felt really disappointed that the note she had found in the bag wasn’t Ivan’s.
Wale kept telling her to be careful and everything, but it just wasn’t easy. She couldn’t lie to herself anymore, she was in love with her boss but of what use was one-sided love?
She slipped on a cashmere sweater on top a blue denim and strode out of the house; her make-up had been light, she didn’t want to dress and kill today.
‘Roseau Softwares’ she waved a cab down and jumped in.
As the car passed the streets, a cool breeze roused her hair which had been perfectly asleep; she was eager to see him again; she was eager to look into his stunning eyes and inhale the drugging scent of his perfume.
‘You really have beautiful hair’ the cab driver said to her.
‘Why, thank you sir’ she offered the older man a smile and quickly fetched her phone.
She checked her long brown strands to see if this were true; before she met Wale, her best friend, she had never received compliments like this one.
‘You don’t need to stare at the mirror, I am not lying’ the old man replied.
‘I got it’ she grinned and flipped her phone.
‘You know, I have a son; he is partial to brunettes’ the old man winked.
She hardly spoke to strangers but this man had her cracking up.

‘I am sorry, I am taken’ she laughed.
‘Are you’? The old man’s tone was mocking.
‘Yes’ she reassured him but deep down she felt hollow, not even her lies could help her through the love that she felt for him.
‘Then why are you blushing’? He pulled the car in front of the company and she jumped out.
‘Thanks’ she paid the man and was about walking into the massive building when he stopped her.
‘Hey! If you’re heartbroken it’s too bad, I guess that guy doesn’t know your value. Don’t let anybody hurt you beauty. You’re amazing and perfect’ he sounded his horn and drove off.
‘Thank you’ a wide smile split her narrow face as she watched him go.
His words haunted her like a bad dream, maybe this was all she needed.
Why was she killing herself in thoughts and fantasies for a man who hardly noticed her.
‘I am amazing and special’ she murmured confidently and stormed towards her boss’ office.
Today was going to be a very different day, she wouldn’t smile or attempt jokes; she was going to be a 100% professional and nothing would stop her.
‘Hey Jane’! Pod, Wale’s partner waved at her.
She thought it weird, she never liked the man and the feeling was mutual.
‘Hey Pod, I am really late, so later’ she was about leaving but stopped when she noticed he was running towards her.
‘Have you seen Wale today? He is usually early’ he asked after his partner.
‘No’ Jane replied calmly.
‘He has really been acting off these days; doesn’t talk much to me, avoids eye contact; keeps to himself’ he complained.
“Well that’s because he isn’t your age range,” Jane thought in her heart but said this instead: ‘That’s too bad, maybe you should talk to him about it’ she suggested.
Then she paused, Wale was going through heartbreak trauma, maybe he was still hurting and that was the reason he couldn’t come to work.
‘Let me call him’ she fetched her phone and dialed his number. It rang thrice but there was no answer, this got her worried.
‘His heart is really broken, this must be the problem’ she sighed.
‘Heartbreak’? The older man raised his brow. He knew Wale was not seeing anybody, he had been stuck on Samantha, Ivan’s former personal assistant for some time.
‘Yes,’ Jane sensed the scoffing in his voice.
‘I don’t know about that but Wale was not seeing anybody. I guess I’ll have to wait for him’ he patted her shoulder and returned to his cubicle.
‘Whoa, that’s strange’ she watched as the man disappeared. It didn’t seem like he was lying.
Wale didn’t seem like the type to lie or was she all wrong about it?
She pushed the thoughts aside and decided to head for Ivan’s office; her heart pulsated; her breathing increased as she neared his office.
‘Come in’ his baritone sounded so commanding and she was lost in it.
‘Good morning sir’ she greeted as she steps in.
As usual, his back was to her while he stared down the streets.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2020
part 17

Good morning sir’ she greeted as she steps in.
As usual, his back was to her while he stared down the streets.
‘You are late’ Ivan replied coolly.
While he stood there, he fought hard for control, resisting all his desire to pin her down his chest and kiss the daylight out of her.
He had been watching her from high up; he had seen her when she stepped out from the cab; when she had stopped to converse with the other security men. Yes, he couldn’t keep his eyes off her but he reminded himself that he was Ivan Roseau and he always kept everything in check.
‘I…I am sorry’ Jane glanced at her watch.
‘What’s your excuse’ he swirled around and faced her.
All his control fled; the walls of defenses he had built were torn down; she was breathtaking in her ensemble; simply dressed but entrapping.
His eyes took in her slender neck and the bones that defined it; it moved to her perky breasts that shot out in the cashmere sweater and traveled back upwards.
First, to her clear brown eyes and then to her lips which were mildly colored.
‘I..am sorry’ she stuttered and stared at him.
There was chemistry in the air; a strong scent of desire and wanting to plague her and she wondered if it plagued him too.
‘Sorry’? Ivan walked towards her, one step at a time, he couldn’t hold himself back.
‘Yes…’ heat rose up her cheeks as he neared her. What was he going to do? Was he going to kiss her?
He stopped right before her. They were just an inch apart but he could feel her hot breath on his face; he could smell her feminine fragrance and as he stood before her, he couldn’t miss the desire than danced in her mahogany eyes.
Did she want him too? This was confusing.
She licked her lips nervously, waiting to kiss him.
He moved closer to her and she closed her eyes, it was time for her first kiss.
‘You have lipstick on your face’ he whispered instead and stormed out of his office.
Ryan brought his car to a halt; he had driven up to meet Samantha at the designated venue. He paused and took a deep breath and decided he was not going back.
He took out his phone briefly and stared at the picture of the security guard that had left Sam’s house; there was something definitely fishy about the way he had left her apartment.
He noticed his phone was buzzing, he had just received a message from Sam:
“I can see you, come into the restaurant”.
‘B—h’ he muttered under his breath and slid out of the car towards the Chinese restaurant that was crowded with people.
‘It’s a little noisy in here if you ask me’ He started as he spotted her inside the glassy building.
‘Ideal place for a meeting with someone you don’t trust’ she scoffed.
‘I am on your side, I want Ivan down as much as you do’ Ryan tried to convince her.
‘Really? Why? How do I believe you’re not trying to set me up and then sell me out later’ she beckoned to one of the waiters.
‘Our father’s will…’ he paused briefly and gave his order.
‘What about your father’s will’? Sam was getting interested.
‘He is giving everything to Ivan including the company and it’s so unfair’ Ryan sighed, he was actually speaking for Kira and not himself.

Samantha drummed her fingers on the table impatiently waiting for him to drop the point; she paused as she heard him mention a will.
‘So you want to paint Ivan black before your dad in order for the will to get augmented’? She relaxed against the chair and cast a long glance at him; she was trying to read him; trying to see if he was playing her.
‘Something like that, I’ve put in a lot into the company too’ Ryan said.
‘I see, but why don’t you tell your brother this instead of plotting behind his back’? Sam took another angle, she was playing him.
A slow smile crept on his face, he knew she was testing him; he was no fool and he would play right along.
‘We both know Ivan, he is selfish and controlling, he loves power. I know he is my brother but he wouldn’t listen’ Ryan stated.
Samantha couldn’t agree less, she had dated Ivan for a couple of months before he fired her; she would never forget that humiliating experience.
She had found her answer, she was going ahead with her plan. With Wale to testify against him and his siblings to back her up, she was going to milk Ivan dry.
‘Excuse me, I need to text someone badly’ she fetched her phone and sent a message to Wale.
‘Done’ she grinned and focused on Ryan.
‘So, what’s your plan exactly’? Ryan asked. He needed to know what she had in store for his brother.
‘Someone from the company would stand as a witness, telling the court of
How he had seen your brother harassing me severally’ she replied.
‘Oh? Can I meet this person’? Ryan was quite sure it was Wale, why else had he visited her.
‘No. Not so fast. Let’s take it slow’ she offered him her prettiest smile.
‘Okay,’ he shrugged and relaxed against the chair not knowing the next step to take.
Sam was no fool, Ryan seemed too curious for his own good and that was when it hit her that she had been tricked and she had a strong feeling that Ivan knew nothing about this.
“There is lipstick on your face” his voice reechoed in her brain as she stared at the mirror.
Heat crept up from her neck to her cheeks as she had been so sure he was going to kiss her.
‘I was so stupid, now I made a mess of myself’ she stared at her reflection. Her boss’ reaction was startling as there was no lipstick stain on her face.
She wondered if she would have the strength to face him the rest of the day; she was ashamed for expecting a kiss, what was she thinking?
‘I’ll be fine’ she reassured herself, followed by few minutes of a deep breath.
Her eyes strayed to a colorful book that lay in one of the bathroom shanks; someone must have forgotten the book there, she thought to herself.
She moved towards it and picked it up. It was a magazine.
She smiled faintly as she remembered Wale who always told her she could be a Vogue cover girl or an Elle cover girl.
Her smile vanished swiftly as she spotted Ivan’s name with this caption: “Software Billionaire harasses Personal assistant”.
She flipped through the pages till she found the spot where the said personal assistant was being interviewed. She found it hard to believe all what the girl said about Ivan, her boss.
She knew he had a temper but he didn’t look like a perverted person, why hadn’t he made advances towards her? He apologized for yelling at her once and he bought her doughnuts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by aprilwise(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Enemies from within.. Thanks for the update
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Ann2012(f): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? / Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy / Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 402
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.