Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU (27351 Views)

SSANU Warns Against ‘unjust’ Sharing Of N40bn Earned Allowances / FUTA Staff Demand N8b Earned Allowances From FG / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

If this news is really, then I applaud the committee who made this possible.

Kudos!!!!

EndSars
Endswat
Endbuhari

No committee made anything happen. They are weighing their options on #Endsars and will do anything to save face. You think this would have been possible without the protest ?
They want to inadvertently reduce the number of protesters using ASUU as a willing tool.

And If i were a student, I would rally with my colleagues and make it known to ASUU that in the next 10-15 years we don’t want to hear Fimm from them as we assume they have been dully settled. Bunch of holigans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2020
Misleading Headline.
Before you celebrate, read the whole article. Obviously the FG wants the strike to linger on.
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Arizonaz: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
Wicked government
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by AAAUWALMHD(m): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
is very nice
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by jmaine: 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
All these are bullshit promises.. The strike continues..

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by edogu(m): 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
jmaine:
All these are bullshit promises.. The strike continues..
Well, the ASUU that I know will make sure those promises are met before suspending the strike.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by edogu(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
BigBrother9ja:
30 Billi gang

Bad news for NAAT, SAANU AND NASU who didn't join ASUU in the strike.

It seems the University truly belongs to ASUU members alone.

Anytime ASUU wails on any issue for long, government ends up releasing billions to them.
And other union will only get less than 10% from the money, even though they have more population than ASUU members.

This bully, discrepancy, intimidations and disparities is everywhere.
Even among health workers. Doctors vs. nurses, pharmacists etc.
In life, if you want peace, you got to prepare for war. I'm not in support of this. But then how do you expect ASUU to consider them when the fight for revitalization and earned allowance were fought by ASUU alone. In case you don't know, those lecturers who enrolled into IPPIS, may not be considered when it comes to disbursement of earned allowance. It happened in UNIZIK and nothing happened. If you are not a member of ASUU, no earned allowance for you. The union will always tell you that the earned allowances were due to collective efforts. If you want yours go to Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by edogu(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
Ibegtodiffer:
Misleading Headline.
Before you celebrate, read the whole article. Obviously the FG wants the strike to linger on.
Not when the government thinks the strike contributes in fueling the #endsars protest.
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by geewean(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Kudos!!!!

EndSars
Endswat
Endbuhari
. It's not about any committees capacity to douse the tension between both parties.Its believed that majority of those protesting are youths and more of them are from the University.If schools were on going there would be no reason for them to be on the streets.

The sudden approval to release the fund is a calculated attempt to stop the protest it's not that the government have the welfare of Nigerian education at heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
0taPiaPia:

No committee made anything happen. They are weighing their options on #Endsars and will do anything to save face. You think this would have been possible without the protest ?
They want to inadvertently reduce the number of protesters.

I kinda agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
geewean:
. It's not about any committees capacity to douse the tension between both parties.Its believed that majority of those protesting are youths and more of them are from the University.If schools were on going there would be no reason for them to be on the streets.

The sudden approval to release the fund is a calculated attempt to stop the protest it's not that the government have the welfare of Nigerian education at heart.

Nice one, I grab your point.
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by jmaine: 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
edogu:

Well, the ASUU that I know will make sure those promises are met before suspending the strike.

Hopefully this time.. Once Bitten, Twice Shy..

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Okoroawusa: 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2020
nwizy:
But I read earlier that the meeting is inconclusive and prosponed to 21 October
From Saharareporters right?

Na their way...
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by lorhema(f): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
Karlifate:
All these
FG to...
FG will...
FG shall...
is just a manipulative way to let ASUU call off the strike without giving them a dime.
What's delaying the FG from paying these allowances ASAP.

I agree.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by vickydevoka(m): 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
Davido come see your 30billion de wan take give dis people
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
grin
Bros this news is a Big scam
If they release this money to ASUU I will finish one gallon of Palm wine
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Kudos!!!!

EndSars
Endswat
Endbuhari
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by edogu(m): 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
SmilingScorpion:
grin
Bros this news is a Big scam
If they release this money to ASUU I will finish one gallon of Palm wine
It's not a scam. The FG was meant to release this money towards the end of 2019 and early 2020 but due to strike/lock-down, it was kept aside temporary.
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
angry
Release ke
Abi na sperm ? Make them release am na.
edogu:

It's not a scam. The FG was meant to release this money towards the end of 2019 and early 2020 but due to strike/lock-down, it was kept aside temporary.
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by inyenejo(m): 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
If u like share one billion to every Nigerian we will not back down, we move !
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Earnonline7: 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
They want students to resume by force senseless government they know most youths are the one protesting
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Earnonline7: 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
They want students to resume by force senseless government they know most youths are the one protesting !
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by MoIbrahim: 1:36am On Oct 17, 2020
This is all fake and nonsense. This matter is not about 30 billion
Re: Strike: FG To Release N30bn Earned Allowances To ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 4:57am On Oct 17, 2020
edogu:

Not when the government thinks the strike contributes in fueling the #endsars protest.

there is a caveat that presents the need for ASUU members to join IPPIS as a precondition for release of funds. Same people who refused to join IPPIS when there was no UTAS, is it now that they have UTAS that they would join IPPIS?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Student Visa / UNILORIN Mass Communication Student Is Missing (photo) / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.