Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:49 PM

Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) (41051 Views)

Ibadan Muslims Defy Sultan’s Directive, Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayer On Wednesday / How To Observe The Eid Prayer At Home / Man Causes Distraction With His Leg During Jumat Prayer, Today, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by IMAliyu(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Now that its trending, you people are supporting abi?
But before you be pro sars
Sorry, but I represent myself and not every northerner.

You can easily go through my posts on NL.
Never once have I been pro SARS.

2 Likes

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by ModestGal(f): 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
IMAliyu:

Sorry, but I represent myself and not every northerner.

You can easily go through my posts on NL.
Never once have I been pro SARS.
Which North are you? You must be from Kaduna, you can never be from Sokoto, the home of Tribal bigots
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by IMAliyu(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Which North are you? You must be from Kaduna, you can never be from Sokoto, the home of Tribal bigots

If you're asking which state I'm from, it's Adamawa.

2 Likes

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by tosin4lyf: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
matthew080:
Hmm, This people and their ignorance, Praying jumua in the act of kufru (disbelieve). Muslims protesting??!!! Something Allah and is beloved prophet prohibits during is life time,
I pray they find peace
. Bleep you

1 Like

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by Dreyton36: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
That guy on dyed hair werey they disguise make him fit chop one Muslim girl Sara
Soro soke werey grin

May Almighty Allah answer all our prayers ameen
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by ModestGal(f): 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2020
IMAliyu:

If you're asking which state I'm from, it's Adamawa.
Alright, Adamawa people are not Hausa's right? I had a friend from there and I think he told me something like that
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by Olumba2020: 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
Together we win.
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by Celebsnews2: 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
IMAliyu:

Something I don't think you guys understand is the SARS in the North are practically docile.

While we may sympathize with and support our counterparts in the south with endsars because it could equally had been us getting harassed, we don't really have the same personal experience on the matter.

You’ve said it all. I lived in Kano for three years. I had friends with Dread and tattoos. Never for once were they harassed for their looks.
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by Kinikini: 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2020
You assumed the Muslims there are northerners. They are southerners most likely.

quote author=MajesticKris post=95002229]Sometime's I wonder if the Muslim YOUTHS, In the North' Dont Have a family member, or friend who These SARS PEOPLE, Has done something to....

But seeing them partake bin this protest, show's CHANGE, Is around the corner grin[/quote]
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by yahmohy27: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Use your brain,don't waste it
But it's permitted to kill an innocent man because he changed to Christianity? Or because he abused prophet Muhammad.
You all are a disgrace to Islam, that is if you are in any way a Muslim
You're the one to use your brain here,because the person you are quoting is a christian
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by IMAliyu(m): 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Alright, Adamawa people are not Hausa's right? I had a friend from there and I think he told me something like that
No, there are the Fulani that have settled here since the conquest of Usman DanFodio and established the Adamawa Emirate, but the actual original indigents are not Hausa, they are the Margi, Michika and others I can't remember the names of.

The Hausa people here were traders that settled here, and don't have much of a presence.

In my case my father is ethnically Hausa who's parents settled in the part of Gongola state which is now Taraba for trade and my mother is Bura from Adamawa's mubi LGA. I won't bore you with going in too deep about my family history.

1 Like

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by 4x28: 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
[s]
TecM0:

They honestly don't

You can't do something to a Northern youth in Agege Lagos or Sabo in Ibadan as a Police because once he sees you want to cheat him, he says bisimilahi pray to Allah to guide his soul and bring out his Dagger to fight till the end,. Now imagine how brutal Northern youth are

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by dataking: 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2020
TecM0:

They honestly don't

You can't do something to a Northern youth in Agege Lagos or Sabo in Ibadan as a Police because once he sees you want to cheat him, he says bisimilahi pray to Allah to guide his soul and bring out his Dagger to fight till the end,. Now imagine how brutal Northern youth are

Rubbish. You blab too much. Fem
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by babtoundey(m): 11:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Use your brain,don't waste it
But it's permitted to kill an innocent man because he changed to Christianity? Or because he abused prophet Muhammad.
You all are a disgrace to Islam, that is if you are in anyway a Muslim

Imagine that nonsense! And people like that will still have the mind to complain about the extortionate price of fuel and foodstuffs. We should keep mute because we don't want to be like KUfru when the government victimises us. KUfru kill him there!

1 Like

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by Alfaab: 3:50am On Oct 17, 2020
matthew080:
Hmm,
This people and their ignorance,
Praying jumua in the act of kufru (disbelieve).
Muslims protesting??!!!
Something Allah and is beloved prophet prohibits during is life time,

I pray they find peace
If there happens to be injustice,it is allowed to call the govt to order.Quranic principles of standing up against injustice, even were it to be from one’s own family are numerous in the Quran and there are widely known prophetic narrations, such as: “Whosoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart—and that is the weakest of faith”....that also allows for us to call govt to order without violence or being rebels of course.
Some scholars believe we can protest peacefully just to call our leaders to order.More so,Nigeria is a secular country according to Nigeria's constitution. May Allah forgive us all.
We are but sinners in this world.As salaam alekum..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by ogbenimax007: 5:05am On Oct 17, 2020
matthew080:
Hmm,
This people and their ignorance,
Praying jumua in the act of kufru (disbelieve).
Muslims protesting??!!!
Something Allah and is beloved prophet prohibits during is life time,

I pray they find peace
and ur name na Matthew abeg try get sense even if na once
Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by ModestGal(f): 5:43am On Oct 17, 2020
IMAliyu:

No, there are the Fulani that have settled here since the conquest of Usman DanFodio and established the Adamawa Emirate, but the actual original indigents are not Hausa, they are the Margi, Michika and others I can't remember the names of.

The Hausa people here were traders that settled here, and don't have much of a presence.

In my case my father is ethnically Hausa who's parents settled in the part of Gongola state which is now Taraba for trade and my mother is Bura from Adamawa's mubi LGA. I won't bore you with going in too deep about my family history.
No no, I'm not bored, I love knowing more about Nigerian tribes, I love all tribes, though Hausa people's corruption and bad ways of marrying little girls and justifying such nonsense has made me dislike Northerners so much, but originally I loved them.
Why I dislike Northerners is because of how they all have one voice in supporting evils, in the west, there will always be people to condemn bad acts, but in the North, they all support each other whether its on a good thing or bad thing.
I'm a Westerns, and I have always criticize many things we do. I will never support evil even if it done by my own parents/family/bestfriends. And I'm always against mistreating of other tribes and I fight for them in situation of injustice, we have many people like me here but in the North, you will never see anyone that will stand up for you in situation of injustice, even an idiot that call you his friend will be the first to betray you.

We treat Igbos, Hausas better here, and that is why we have many successful people from other tribes, but our people in your towns are treated unjustly and no one will come out for them among your people.

1 Like

Re: Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) by IMAliyu(m): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2020
ModestGal:

No no, I'm not bored, I love knowing more about Nigerian tribes, I love all tribes, though Hausa people's corruption and bad ways of marrying little girls and justifying such nonsense has made me dislike Northerners so much, but originally I loved them.
Why I dislike Northerners is because of how they all have one voice in supporting evils, in the west, there will always be people to condemn bad acts, but in the North, they all support each other whether its on a good thing or bad thing.
I'm a Westerns, and I have always criticize many things we do. I will never support evil even if it done by my own parents/family/bestfriends. And I'm always against mistreating of other tribes and I fight for them in situation of injustice, we have many people like me here but in the North, you will never see anyone that will stand up for you in situation of injustice, even an idiot that call you his friend will be the first to betray you.

We treat Igbos, Hausas better here, and that is why we have many successful people from other tribes, but our people in your towns are treated unjustly and no one will come out for them among your people.
This is something I will say I've observed.
There is a large degree of conformity and submissiveness and/or sycophancy towards leaders built into Northern culture. Which is also perpetuated by a number of religious leaders.
I say this because of the number of Friday prayer preachings I've heard from a few imams which goes something along the lines of "if you're dissatisfied with your leaders, don't curse at them and don't rebel, but pray to Allah instead for justice" and the conformity aspect also has a religious flavouring to it, which makes most afraid or uninterested to oppose the loudest opinions even if they are wrong.
This kind of makes it hard for you to hear from the ones that do oppose and condemn the bad and evil acts, because their voice is more or less ignored, it's not that we all agree and think alike.

I could go into my theory of why the North is the way it is and why the problems of insecurity and child marriage, tribalism among others persists, but it is all going to lead me back to the religious undertones of it.

My personal position on a lot of things are scattered on this section of NL. Although I'm not as active as I once was, and my current positions have drifted even further.
https://www.nairaland.com/5809739/why-islam-permit-marriage-underaged#88772187

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Christian Ladies From Imo Convert To Islam (Photos) / Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar / Baby Born With Rosary In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.