Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,806 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

5 Do It Yourself Tips To Stop Snoring - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Do It Yourself Tips To Stop Snoring (491 Views)

5 Do’s And Don’ts To Raising Emotionally Confident Children / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging / Husband Calls Police Emergency Line To Report His Wife's Loud Snoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Do It Yourself Tips To Stop Snoring by Y4all: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2020
Do you know Kåre Walkert? She holds the Guinness book of record for the loudest snore in the world, with a peak level of 93decibel. Interestingly, research has shown that 45% of adults snore occasionally while 25% are habitual snorers. Snoring is that unpleasant sound or noise we make while sleeping. Sometimes we are the culprits and in other cases we have had the experience of sharing the same bed \room with a snoring partner or family member; that unpleasant sound can distort your peaceful slumber and may even keep you awake all through the night.

Funny enough, you may think your snoring partner is enjoying a beauty sleep while ours is distorted, this is not correct. People who snore do not sleep comfortably as they often experience- daytime sleepiness, tiredness, lack of concentration and moodiness.

Most individuals who sleep or live alone are unaware they snore; this is where the Sleep like Android app comes handy. While for some who are aware, it’s so disgusting and embarrassing that they seek a solution to it. There are conditions that necessitate snoring, these include; sleeping on your back, drinking excess alcohol before sleep time, weight gain, too much stress, stuffy nose, or sleep loss.

While snoring associated to a medical  condition known as obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), a sleep disorder that causes breathing to repeatedly cease and start, is more chronic, a condition that requires the doctors evaluation for treatment, however, not everyone snores as a result of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

These tips will help those who snore not as a result of obstructive sleep Apnea (OSA) but due to conditions listed above:

Change Your Sleep Position
You are most likely to snore loud and even often if you sleep on your back. This is because when you sleep on your back; your airways are narrowed, preventing the free flow of air resulting in obstruction in breathing. To help prevent snoring, practice sleeping on your side henceforth. This will allow the free flow of air.

Practice a Healthy Lifestyle
If you really crave for a change, it’s time to change your habits. How about reducing your intake of alcohol, quit smoking and curtail late night feeding and excess food before bedtime if you are a culprit. Alcohol, smoking and other unhealthy habits causes the tissues in your throat to relax, resulting in the blockage of your airway. This will make you forcefully reach out for air and in the process make unpleasant sounds. Ensure you drink enough water and eat well balanced diets  everyday.

Exercise
Engaging in regular exercise amongst many health benefits helps control weight gain. Snoring is often a result of weight gain or obesity. Sometimes, when we gain weight, excess fat is deposited in the region around our neck and throat, resulting in snoring. Set up an exercise routine: daily walk out, jogging, skipping or enroll in a fitness and wellness class. The goal is to reduce accumulated fat in your throat.

Get an Elevated Support for your Head
You can support your head with a firm pillow that properly aligns your neck and head, or raise your bed a recommended 4inches high. These will allow an uninterrupted passage of air through your lungs and reduce snoring.

ALSO READ: ALSO READ: https://www.wincofoam.com/6-things-to-consider-when-purchasing-a-student-mattress/

Sleep well

Not only does inadequate sleep make you snore, it also has an adverse effect on your wellbeing. When you are sleep deprived, you are most likely to snore loudly and frequently, this is because as you try to make up for lost sleep, your throat muscles may excessively relax.  Have a sleep schedule and ensure you follow it strictly.

SOURCE: https://www.wincofoam.com/blog/

Re: 5 Do It Yourself Tips To Stop Snoring by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
Jumoke come in here

That record holder dey learn where jumoke own dey
Jumoke snore be like apala music
I kid you not the snore don sound like "opon apala ti sun finally"
Where her own bust my brain be say she be ventriloquist
She go dey snore near me I go dey hear am for the next room.
In all I ignore the snore oooo. No one lovely pass jumoke.
To tackle am na to nack senseless. If exhausted I dey pass out till morning. Else na to host night vigil support the snore with praise and worship

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Paid My Boyfriend House Rent Last Year And This Year, See What He Did To Me / How To Save My Marriage / Trending Video Of Nigerian Couple Who Turn Wedding Reception To A Prayer Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.