Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 (2026 Views)

Soldiers, Bello Abubakar & Oyediran Adedotun Kidnapped By Bandits In Borno / Just In: Awolowo’s Eldest Daughter, Tola Oyediran Dies At 79 / Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by farem: 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2020
Awolowo’s first daughter, Tola Oyediran, dies at 79
Published October 16, 2020

Wale Oyewale, Ibadan

A director with The Nigerian Tribune, Chief Mrs Tola Oyediran (nee Awolowo) is dead.

The eldest daughter of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, fondly called Mama Ibadan, passed on a few hours ago.

Revd Oyediran, the eldest child of the late politician and lawyer, was to celebrate her 80th birthday on December 1.

Until her passage, she was the Chairman, Board of Directors of African Newspapers of Nigeria Plc., publishers of Tribune titles.

A family source said she did not show any signs of illness. She was said to have been hale and hearty as of last night (Thursday, 15th October).

The former Nigerian Tribune chairman, who was married to Prof. A. B. O. O. Oyediran, former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, reportedly died in her sleep.

With her passage, Dr Olatokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu is the only surviving child of the Awolowo dynasty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/awolowos-first-daughter-tola-oyediran-dies-at-79/%3famp=1

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by SLAP44: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
Daughter of a great man.
May her soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by XXLMANDIGO: 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
Rest in Peace daughter of a sage...

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by babyfaceafrica: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
This is sad

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by Karlovich: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
Did she take rat poison like the great Awo?

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by EzzyCarter: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
Karlovich:

Indeed, people like you deserve to be immortalized when you die. Such extreme folly and arrant stupidity isn't so common nowadays lol...

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
Awo's grandma daughter lived long to see that Biafra haven't still come to pass,and with no future in sight. Tell your great papa it is indeed dead and buried.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by PresidentJosh20(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
This is so sad!My deepest sympathy to the bereaved family.May God preserve the last scion of the Awolowo dynasty for many years.Indeed,a good name is better than silver and gold.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by ERockson: 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
Rip in peace Ma
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by Danzakidakura(m): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Awo's grandma daughter lived long to see that Biafra haven't still come to pass,and with no future in site. Tell your great papa it is indeed dead and buried.
did you find out if she took � Rat poison too. Like the awo the coward.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by Epstein(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2020
So? angry
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by naija4life247: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
Karlovich:

The one your father took? Has anyone in your generation lived up yo this woman's age? I doubt it and the way you too are growing up irresponsibly, I doubt you will half this woman's age

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by frankyychiji(f): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
This is sad
It is well!

Rest in peace Mama!
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by frankyychiji(f): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Rest in Peace daughter of a sage...
BTW, how's the XXL business Mandingo?
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by XXLMANDIGO: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2020

wink

At 9" + it's throbbing good, looking strong willed and veiny.

In short , the dude is doing well...

frankyychiji:
BTW, how's the XXL business Mandingo?
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
farem:
Awolowo’s first daughter, Tola Oyediran, dies at 79
Published October 16, 2020

Wale Oyewale, Ibadan

A director with The Nigerian Tribune, Chief Mrs Tola Oyediran (nee Awolowo) is dead.

The eldest daughter of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, fondly called Mama Ibadan, passed on a few hours ago.

Revd Oyediran, the eldest child of the late politician and lawyer, was to celebrate her 80th birthday on December 1.

Until her passage, she was the Chairman, Board of Directors of African Newspapers of Nigeria Plc., publishers of Tribune titles.

A family source said she did not show any signs of illness. She was said to have been hale and hearty as of last night (Thursday, 15th October).

The former Nigerian Tribune chairman, who was married to Prof. A. B. O. O. Oyediran, former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, reportedly died in her sleep.

With her passage, Dr Olatokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu is the only surviving child of the Awolowo dynasty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/awolowos-first-daughter-tola-oyediran-dies-at-79/%3famp=1

Is this not second Lady's mother?
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
May her soul rest in peace.
Tell your father when you see him yoruba people have messed up the legacy he left them. They have turned to afonja, sold western nigeria to fulani just like in old days.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by frankyychiji(f): 11:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

wink

At 9" + it's throbbing good, looking strong willed and veiny.

In short , the dude is doing well...

grin
Mandingo God forbid bad tin for you. @,9"+ you say it's throbbing good.

I can't breathe
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by tope777(m): 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Is this not second Lady's mother?

Second lady mother is her younger sister.
She dies several years back.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by XXLMANDIGO: 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
grin

Did you get a tape rule?
Well it isn't just throbbing good. It's healthy, veiny, looks very pretty and with a lot of ego.

I wanted to show you but I don't want you drooling. I can be very shy too. cheesy tongue

frankyychiji:
grin
Mandingo God forbid bad tin for you. @,9"+ you say it's throbbing good.

I can't breathe
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by tope777(m): 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2020
RIP Mummy Oyediran.

I was worried too as all my WhatsApp messages showing you're not receiving them and call not going through since last few weeks, we talk last middle of August.
I could remember how you reminded me of your 79 birthday Last year and how am preparing for your 80th birthday by December 1st.

Continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord.

I will surely miss your prayers, advise and word of encouragement.

R.I.P Ma.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by Access003(m): 12:05am On Oct 17, 2020
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by frankyychiji(f): 12:06am On Oct 17, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

grin

Did you get a tape rule?
Well it isn't just throbbing good. It's healthy, veiny, looks very pretty and with a lot of ego.

I wanted to show you but I don't want you drooling. I can be very shy too. cheesy tongue

Chai! Oga Mandingo, you just got me lolling so hard grin

I would love to see tho..

But only in a mirror, thank you.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:05am On Oct 17, 2020
tope777:

Second lady mother is her younger sister.
She dies several years back.

Kai, this your english fit ressurect her from grave. Please let dead people rest in peace. Lol.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:12am On Oct 17, 2020
tope777:
RIP Mummy Oyediran.

I was worried too as all my WhatsApp messages showing you're not receiving them and call not going through since last few weeks, we talk last middle of August.
I could remember how you reminded me of your 79 birthday Last year and how am preparing for your 80th birthday by December 1st.

Continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord.

I will surely miss your prayers, advise and word of encouragement.

R.I.P Ma.
Amen!

You are Awo family? May the souls of departed ones rest in peace. My ccondolenc to you and your relatives.

Do me a favor and warn your people to shape up. Fulani does not believe in following Muhammed. All their muslim faith is fake. Tell yoruba muric to stop selling Awo legacy. Very soon futajalon will be more developed than ibadan. Tell that afonja professor to relocate to north and stop causing trouble here.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by XXLMANDIGO: 2:22am On Oct 17, 2020

I am a Crazy Cute Guy too. Fluent, Calm, Spontaneous, adventurous,an Ambivert. 5:8" etcetera

Yeah and single too
tongue

frankyychiji:
Chai! Oga Mandingo, you just got me lolling so hard grin

I would love to see tho..

But only in a mirror, thank you.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:46am On Oct 17, 2020
May her soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by adegbenga80592: 5:07am On Oct 17, 2020
:Second lady mother is her younger sister..She dies several years back.Kai, this your english fit ressurect her from grave. Please let dead people rest in peace. Lol.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by Mindlog: 5:11am On Oct 17, 2020
Karlovich:

Your family is probably still living in denial of your diminishing mental health status.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by frankyychiji(f): 5:54am On Oct 17, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

I am a Crazy Cute Guy too. Fluent, Calm, Spontaneous, adventurous,an Ambivert. 5:8" etcetera

Yeah and single too
tongue

Chai o! grin grin

If you be land, you dey for good location.
Re: Awolowo’s First Daughter, Tola Oyediran, Dies At 79 by frankyychiji(f): 5:59am On Oct 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Awo's grandma daughter lived long to see that Biafra haven't still come to pass,and with no future in sight. Tell your great papa it is indeed dead and buried.
Be looking idiot all over, Simp!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason Why Nigeria Belongs To Igbos / Breaking .. 6 die as Airforce VIP Aircraft Crashes In Abuja / Aba Bye-election: "I Am Sorry", OUK Apologises To Ikpeazu...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.