Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God (2692 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by Joagbaje(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ephesians 3:20-21
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

God can do anything, He is the Lord, the God of all flesh, and there’s nothing impossible with Him. His power is unlimited. Yet, many short-circuit that power and make it ineffective in their own lives because of doubt and unbelief. Some others try to “help” God by dictating to Him how they want Him to do what they want Him to do.

I’ll explain with this example: Let’s take it that you want the Lord to give you a house, a car or any other thing in the physical realm and you know its monetary value. When you pray, don’t ask Him for the money; rather specifically ask for what you want. You might think, “But I can’t get it without money!” But who told you that? God isn’t limited by your situation or any circumstance. When you tell Him what you want, He’ll give it to you.

Many don’t get their prayers answered because they ask amiss (James 4:3); not knowing the Word of God. To get the right results, you must ask according to God’s Word. Some people will pray, “O God, use so and so to help me…” Such prayer will limit the influence and power of God on your life. Always remember that God is your help, not man. The psalmist said, “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1-2).

Of course God will use people to bless and help you but He doesn’t have to do it through a particular person as you have it in your mind. He doesn’t want your attention to be on any man! He can use anybody and anything to fulfill His Word in your life. Many people have God all figured out. They pray but nothing happens, meanwhile they’re responsible for limiting God in their lives. Once they expect things to happen a certain way, all their attention and focus is toward that direction, which mostly is away from God and His Word. Don’t be that way.

Quit looking up to man for help, look to the Lord; for your help is in the Name of the LORD!

Confession
For the Lord my God is great and greatly to be praised, and my face have I set towards Him, my eternal Helper. In you O Lord have I put my trust, confident that you’re able to do today, exceeding, and abundantly above all that my heart can fathom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Psalm 33:20-22
Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by EarsWide(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2011
So why do the prosperity preachers always tell us to give first ? Why do they insist on poor africans tithing ?
These preachers are doing damage to many people and turning people away from christianity.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by Zikkyy(m): 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2011
Nice sermon. Oyaks don dey try smiley

Joagbaje:

Some others try to “help” God by dictating to Him how they want Him to do what they want Him to do.

Very true talk smiley but na you pastors dey cause am. You peeps are the one misleading the congregation angry

Joagbaje:

Always remember that God is your help not man. The psalmist said, “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1-2).

Of course God will use people to bless and help you but He doesn’t have to do it through a particular person as you have it in your mind. He doesn’t want your attention to be on any man! He can use anybody and anything to fulfill His Word in your life.

Finally!! somebody agrees receiving blessing is not based on the degree of anointing cheesy God can use your pastor same way he can use the man/woman next door. So if you keep surrendering your money to your pastor thinking thats where your blessing will be coming from, you are on your own ooo smiley It is not by anoiting (that is assuming the pastor is truly anointed) smiley

Joagbaje:

Many people have God all figured out. They pray but nothing happens, meanwhile they’re responsible for limiting God in their lives. Once they expect things to happen a certain way, all their attention and focus is toward that direction, which mostly is away from God and His Word.

An example is the rendering of a 10% to your pastor smiley some people so much believe their blessing is going to come from giving 10% to their pastor, when God has other plans for them. So for some of you the 'get rich sharp-sharp or tithe trying' approach will not work ooo grin

Joagbaje:

Quit looking up to man for help, look to the Lord; for your help is in the Name of the LORD!

You talk true my brother. Good one, clap for yourself grin
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
Bah !! Its all just marketing - let them join in first and the poison will be administered. On truths above, give him 48 hours & he'll be back preaching the MOG is the "ONE" gospel
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by Zikkyy(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
nuclearboy:

Bah !! Its all just marketing - let them join in first and the poison will be administered. On truths above, give him 48 hours & he'll be back preaching the MOG is the "ONE" gospel

e fit be say the man dey visit NL oo grin maybe after reading joagbaje status report (the man fit dey debrief joagbaje on a periodic basis), he decides to change tactics grin Anyways, dat na big gamble cos he could lose some customers in the process smiley
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2011
You think "Chairman" will sit at the same table with this "tape recorder"? I doubt it. Chairman is intelligent to have cornered such a market and must be ashamed of honcho's capability but pride makes it difficult to recall him and send him back to Sunday school to learn a bit more about the Bible so he could at least present partly intelligent rebuttals each time he is discovered foot in mouth (almost daily, it seems).

"Debrief"? grin How do you debrief the mental equivalent of a painting or a piece of flotsam? tongue
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by Joagbaje(m): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2011
Zikkyy:

Nice sermon. Oyaks don dey try smiley

nuclearboy:

Bah !! Its all just marketing -

Dude and dudes,
These exhortations are  excerpts from the rhapsody you Erroneously criticised without reading it. See what I mean?.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2011
And who is praising the rhapsody of errors now?
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by Enigma(m): 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^ He is not clever enough to understand Zikky's post.

Let me spell one example for him: if the post says "it doesnt have to be through any particular person" --- then why all the adverts for the Oyakhilome the spiritual vagabond? Why all the advert for "Night of bliss" etc. As with example in the following link "night of appointment with destiny" and other nonsense: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-616552.0.html
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2011
grin

He's likely on the phone furiously calling for reinforcements to come and share testimonies of how many lives his fellow "gods" delivered and souls they saved hopping from okada to Molues all over the country so we keep quiet. Rich blessed Okada hoppers! cheesy

That is the extent of his scholarship - thuggery, noise, distraction and of course, avarice
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by newmi(m): 7:57am On Mar 08, 2011
nuclearboy:

And who is praising the rhapsody of errors now?
Well who needs the praise of a successfull failure. lolll
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by SirJohn(m): 8:31am On Mar 08, 2011
nuclearboy:

grin

He's likely on the phone furiously calling for reinforcements to come and share testimonies of how many lives his fellow "gods" delivered and souls they saved hopping from okada to Molues all over the country so we keep quiet. Rich blessed Okada hoppers! cheesy

That is the extent of his scholarship - thuggery, noise, distraction and of course, avarice

Oh ma gosh!! I think you better soften your punch here, you go wound person o grin
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2011
@SirJohn:

Don't mind me abeg. Just pointing out how the god of pastor chris has SO rebuked the devourer for them and blessed them that only the MoG and other tithe collectors drive cars whist the magas like the mumu above are waiting for their own "pastorates" but currently enjoying okadas. At least we have seen newmumu and azibigmouth boast of being able to pay okada drivers - devourer don die for their lives true true. Daft Sharp people with their heads in the sand.

[
newmi:

Well who needs the praise of a [size=18pt]successfull failure[/size]. lolll

successfull failures?  grin Check out amazing grammatical constructs from our okada success.

Dude, Okadas have replaced your braincells with hot air.

And it was your not-clever marketing manager that daftly felt Zikky was praising the "sermon". Apparently, Zikky's (and the praise of man) praise matters more than truth and God's Word to your ilk. Best of all though, Zikky actually spoke tongue in cheek. But brains are not synonymous with you people so he missed it just as you missed that it was your oga that wanted praise - the praise of a "[size=14pt]successfull failure[/size]"
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by KunleOshob(m): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2011
When would Joagbaje stop embarassing himself and his oga on nairaland
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by Enigma(m): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2011
The other day it was even somebody not particularly claiming to be a Christian that pointed out that the Joagbaje was marketing a man, i.e. Oyakhilome, instead of God. Whereas God calls people to be his children some choose to be slaves of a man ---- a fake in everything including hair and "PhD" charlatan man at that! Pathetic!
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 10:22am On Mar 08, 2011
@Enigma:

In defense of Joagbaje, you seem to forget that God REQUIRES people who wish to eat to work. Apostles like Peter fished. Paul made Tents. Even Christ was a Carpenter. BUT lazy people don't like to work and Oyakilome gave Jo an easy way out - "kiss my bleached jeri-curled bottom always and I'll give you a percentage of returns".

Since Jo's treasure is his tummy, Oyaks pays him more than God ergo his choice of Oyaks. But God has this funny thing - Holiness is never enough for someone searching for it. And so it is with money - it never satisfies those who worship it. Plus there is a day of reckoning and when that day comes, all the money will disappear (here on earth) and hunger will take over. At that point, lazy idol-worshiping manipulators will understand why the Preacher said "Vanity upon vanity, All is vanity"
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by Enigma(m): 10:28am On Mar 08, 2011
^^ Indeed, indeed and it is really sad!
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 10:51am On Mar 08, 2011
God bless you Jo. Great thread.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2011
Small people will always talk about great people doing great things, because they are frustrated in their lowness. Look at the number of viewers and only some haters posting nonsense. Anything about pastor chris they see as a threat to them, after how many years of posting nonsense he is moving forward from glory to glory by the spirit of God at work in him. Reaching the ends of the earth with the gospel of Jesus christ. Continue talking since that is the only thing you can achieve in life.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2011
^^ Another wasted brain!

You people think success is measured in numbers and cash? So Abacha was a success, Ehn? And CNN is godly since they too have billions of viewers, right?

You're all a travesty of existence
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 11:16am On Mar 08, 2011
Frustration wan kill you, na your generation be wasted brain, since nobody know anything about you, you cant stand success. Wetin be your papa name? Think what your children will remember you for, you are here typing nonsense about pple. Useless idiot.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 11:28am On Mar 08, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^ Another wasted brain!

You people think success is measured in numbers and cash? So Abacha was a success, Ehn? And CNN is godly since they too have billions of viewers, right?

You're all a travesty of existence

This guy is a fool, comparing people that has nothing to do with christ to his body. The world loves his own, it takes the holy ghost for people to respond to the things of God. While its natural to watch CNN its not natural for unbelievers to attend a crusade unless God brings them.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2011
grin

What's this above? "wasted brains" is feeling funky and practicing grammar? Okoro binoko? Trust a Yaks follower to insult family & call people " fools" - lack of home training is so obvious in you, dude and so are the values you people imbibe from ole jeri'curls - "fool" comes from his dictionary, ehn? Folly is you. You only prove you don't use your head with your response - what have you said? Where is your defense, scriptural or existential for the rubbish above? You just flailed away stupidly & emotionally showing your lack of breeding and rabid amorality.

Better leave the cybercafe before EFCC picks you up - Yaks prayers will not get you a mugun today. Go find a construction site and help offload cement. Since your brain has atrophied, you might at least use your muscles
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 11:46am On Mar 08, 2011
^^^

Call me anyname you like, the truth is your father dont have a name. And e dey pain you badly. I am not a member of CE, though my folks are and i listen to the man. Nuclearboy what is your fathers name? What are you doing so your children can boast of, when you die. Apart from the fool you are known for in nl.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2011
Nonsense everyday pastor chris this pastor chris that, na him send you poor? How is it is fault you dont have a say even in your father's house, talk of the world.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by nuclearboy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
^ "my father's name"? This dude is just proving his brainlessness.

Let me give you names - Adolf Hitler, Attila the Hun, Idi Amin and lest I forget your own father - Lawrence Anini. All famous JUST as your desire is just for a known name.

I'm sure you will love your Yaks inclusion into their ranks, right? At least they have names.

And again this just shows the mindset you people have - shallow myopic and brainless.

Truly suited for the brainwashing you've had which SHOWS in your inability to respond once. Messages get through your thick head very very slowly. Pele, slow brain

Time to go do something better than responding to a wasted life.

Cheers.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^^^
Otondo. What did your father achieve- you are typing silly things for me.

There is nobody more brainless than you old fool.

Years have come and gone, everyday i will, i will , i will. Nothing has been attached to your name. You are here fronting to be intelligent.

If you like dont think about your life, before making so much noise about the mistakes you feel pastor chris has done. Atleast he is doing something with his life.

Some will remember him for good others may not, i will remember him for good because he has influenced my life. He is one person i listen to if not maybe i would have become the biggest robber in Nigeria. If you dont like him, no wahala, but dont crucify him for me because i need him alive.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by mabell: 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2011
kenpaam:

Frustration wan kill you, na your generation be wasted brain, since nobody know anything about you, you cant stand success. Wetin be your papa name? Think what your children will remember you for, you are here typing nonsense about pple. Useless .

They will remember him for being an anti- Christ follower
Fighting against the gospel of Jesus
What a legacy indeed!
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
@ Mabel

How are you? What happened to your ROR thread?
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by mabell: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2011
I dey gidigba,
about the Rhapsody thread, it never died o!
i had a little challenge from where i was getting it but i've gotten another source now.
It will be up soon, thnks wink
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2011
Alright Mabell. Welldone.

God will reward you for the great work you are doing.
Re: Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God by kenpaam: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
How do i participate in the Night of Bliss? My brother told me it will be shown live, it is through tv or the internet?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Satanic Devices To Hold You Down In Bondage / Can The Occult Make Me Rich? I Want To Get Rich Overnight / I Think I'm Going To Die By Being Beheaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.