Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? (21609 Views)

Police Arrest Man For Allegedly Advocating Violent Protest In Plateau State / Constituents Disown Orji Kalu For Advocating Muslim/muslim Ticket For Tinubu / APC Set To Establish Institute For Progressive Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2020
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Omezif(m): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2020
We did well as nigerians, if we had started early sars would have been forgetten for long time ago.
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by jplusnaira: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2020
We have not lost focus, if you make the protest boring how do you expect it to be appealing to the youths remember no one sat down to plan this I am sure moving forward we will advance on the gains we have made.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2020

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Juliusmomoh: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
My
Come and modify this.. I need hear the word of God today
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Maniashow: 11:41am On Oct 17, 2020
Dear Nairalanders, Get MTN DATA from me for N300/gig, 10GB @ N2700.

You can reach me on twitter @DipoOlukoya
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by FuckThaMod: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Even you born again Christian has turned to space booker. Guess you see nothing wrong with that too.
Don't mind the hypocrite...

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by GoodBoi1(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2020
Okay
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by guru90: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Even you born again Christian has turned to space booker. Guess you see nothing wrong with that too.

So u sight wetin i see as well....

We will have mercy on me because he is our Spiritual Nairaland Pastor.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Nchenches: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2020
Call it whatever you like, most important thing is that they are on the road for a mission to change the political status quo in Nigeria.

If you had set foot in Europe or America to see the revel during anti government protests.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Shadysen: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2020
STFU because all join!!!
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Obodogri: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2020
Zakzakky82:
We must not lose focus at the moment! We just just have to keep pushing. The party guys have been told to stop and donations are srill coming in, from my observation on Social media. Its just a matter of time before we see the chage we've been clamouring for.

Some people who are against the struggle could've introduced these excesses all in a bid to divert the attention of genuine protesters so they can have a tangible reason for dispersing them.
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by RexTramadol1: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2020
Drinking and partying ain’t part of protest

But since those doing that have been cautioned, no cause for alarm

Why will u be doing a thing in people’s memories and you are still going there to press yansh and bwezz

We are ending #BadGovernance and other bad stuffs the current crop of leaders are using as template to further extort us.

If we must end it, we must own it!!!

Let’s not go their way by derailing on what we set out to do

#EndsarsAlausa!
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
My
So this is how you book space to make sure you are always on first page incase any topic will hit front page.

You are simply an attention seeking fellow.
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2020
Where was your smart input when the country is daily going to shittt, now you northerners open thread after thread like you have any sense,
All your highways are deserted and opening threads to discourage people.

I think you all hate the sudden rubbing of shoulders among Southern youths, you didn't expect it, now soldiers cannot kill Igbos without the youth lending voice, so also in the Niger Delta, middle belt and the SW.

That means all that fulani massacre is going to an end, fortunately

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2020
What do you expect them to do?
Take stick and start destroying properties?
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by AAPS(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2020
We are at your service

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Nchenches: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2020
LibertyRep:
It's not in the place of anyone's who hasn't or perhaps wouldn't join the protest to castigate the protesters.

The 'Carnival' is part of those things that keep the morale high.

That's better than going violent.

Tell the poet.
It’s more than carnival when Europeans and Americans are in anti government protest.

Instead of siting down to articulate ways to effect change in the system through protest, he was writing bunkum.

He is the type that would tell those people feeling shortchanged by Nigeria’s political structure and governance system to take their grievances to the National Assembly.

Nigeria’s National Assembly is the most lopsided political assembly in the world.

Three regions formed Nigeria. After proliferation of 20 new states in the northern region, the northern region became over represented in the National Assembly. The Western and Eastern regions started to be under-represented in the National Assembly.
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by humilitypays(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2020
Whatever method the Nigerian youths can adopt to keep the fire burning till Nigeria is finally shutdown and their demands met, is highly welcome.

Anybody that doesn't like their approach should go to Aso Rock and tell Pa Buhari to resign and let Nigerian youths take over the government and lead the country, which is what Nigeria needs now.

In fact, they need to adopt some Arab Spring approach joined with Hong Kong protesters approach to drive the message home.

These old fools have ruined Nigeria so bad that it will only take youth revolution to savage what is left of Nigeria, and the time is now, nobody should criticize the youths in any way...whatever the youths do now is right!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by doctokwus: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2020
AnonPoet:
https://www.legit.ng/1374751-endsars-protests-advocating-progressive-reforms-carnivals-by-jeremiah-bassey.html

Nonsense post.
It's just like telling people to switch off their phones bcoz they are protesting.
The carnival like atmosphere is what is sustaining the protest.
When politicians go for campaigns why do u think they play music and invite some musicians to perform b4 they give their talk.
These things attract more people to the venue and even if they don't pay attention to 90% of what you say,that 10% interest and their presence is enough.
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2020
protests:
Dear Poet,

Thank you for your interest in #EndSARS. However here are some clarifications

1. They have been corrected where there were excesses
2. The story is not totally true, it wasn't as if they went totally haywire
3. We must understand the intense pressure which accompanies an occupation-protest. These ones are practically living there.
4. We should know that whatever obtains in the society will likely obtain there as we are people from different points of the society
5. Those same guys being pointed are the foundation the first ever historical candlelight in remembrance of our compatriots who lost their lives to police brutality.
6. Despite the various complaints by people, morale is high, discipline is high, order is high. That is what matters and that excesses have been addressed.

Nobody planned this in advance, and so far things have gone well.
Let nobody make mistake. #EndSARS Lekki Freedom Gate occupation protesters are right on track.

Thank you for your interest in #EndSARS

Yours in the struggle
#EndSARS 767677.

Like, focus on the whole, working perfectly well, and not on bits in a bid to criticize the movement.
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by dulux07(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2020
virginboy1:
Oga OP. All this epistles are just unnecessary grammars. Soro Soke' undecided

Speak for yourself, if you have lost forsight for the protest.
We the youths have not.
We Groove, We Mood , We Move.
With fight with our Voice .
For the records, this is one of the most Organized protest in the universe.

Even Aliens will be marvelled with the way Nigeria Youths tend to manage it and stay gallant .

Watch how other countries will emulate us. cheesy

Don't mind them, they will just be typing nonsense. Trying to make the protest loose credibility. Is it possible to get every single person to focus? Definitely not. No organisation or gathering can achieve that?.so far majority are focus it doesn't matter. This is the best protest i have seen in this country.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by yenereal(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Admonishment is that for us to attain Victory, there is Need for the Majority of People to be Focused. I say Majority because there will definitely be so Persons who are out to Cause Distractions..

The Organization Committee so Far has been Wonderful. They have been Silently Ensuring things are going Smoothly..

The France Team of Endsars, Chipped in Something I think the Nigerian Team should take advantage of. I heard them talk about " EndHighCostofGovernance.

The No Leadership Movement has proved to be Excellent! As there is no Shepherd to Strike for the Sheep to Scatter..

Whatever we do should be Guarded by Morality and Fear for GOD. We are a Nation that Fear irrespective of Religion and all that.

Do not allow Sons and Daughters of Belai to infiltrate this noble cause. There is no Room for Homosexuality/ Lgbt cause. Let's Fear God so we don't spoil and Destroy this Noble Protest.

Lastly and Most Important! We are in the Very Endtimes!
Do not be Carried away by Events and ignore the Preparation of your Soul..
HARPAZO is upon us..
The RAPTURE is upon Us..
Don't be a Careless Soul..
Be Reconciled to GOD through JESUS!
Because No Matter what we do Here on ERth!
If you Miss Heaven! You Have Wasted your Life!

U see you?
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Franzinni: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2020
It is beginning... I pray we all make it when the dust settles.

#endbackwardness
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by tolanieraheemat(f): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2020
May God blessed and continue to be always giving those protesting for the betterment of the country full of strength and courage and bravery and power to continue it till all these criminals in government change everything for good in this already drowning nation amen

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Ken91(m): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2020
#end police brutality#end bad governance

Pls help i had up to #7000 9mobile worth of airtime for sell after i mistakenly recharge it from my bank, now i don't had any money on me i want to auction it for #4000 pls if interested call me 08097460168
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by GARBAUK: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2020
our police men need to be reform
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by goldmatrix(m): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2020
Wawejo3778:
Hmm

scamer dem know you to be..

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2020
Those side things are really necessary to sustain the movement otherwise the protests will die before all the objectives are met.
We saw it happen in Egypt. Supplies were sent to protesters and they eventually got rid of the dictator in power.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by freemi(m): 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2020
LibertyRep:
It's not in the place of anyone's who hasn't or perhaps wouldn't join the protest to castigate the protesters.

The 'Carnival' is part of those things that keep the morale high.

That's better than going violent.
I don't k what der do der so long as it is violence free. D message is clear
Re: EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers? by oaugraduate1234(m): 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2020
#EndPoliceBrutality##EndSARS##.

Hello guys, kindly secure your investment and future at GText Homes by buying plots of lands in Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun and Abuja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu: At 60, I’m Too Old To Be Afraid Of Death / Thousands Of Dollars Flown Out Of Nigeria Every Hour – INTERPOL VP Africa / Presidential Screening: APC Questioned Aspirants On Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.