Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Share Your Police Extortion/brutality Story - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Police Extortion/brutality Story (218 Views)

Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion / Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Lockdown: Extortion, Brutality Reigns Supreme In Obiaruku (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Police Extortion/brutality Story by Weirdberg1: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2020
I have read so many stories both on Twitter and on Nairaland about the excess of the Nigeria Police. It seems like everyone in this country has had an experience of Police illegality or at least knows someone who has.

Since the beginning of the #EndSars protest, So many unsolved cases committed by the Nigerian police have been springing up almost every day. From stories of the retired CSP James Nwafor to that of Supercop Abba kyari. But these are just the popular cases that have been lucky enough to gain media attention.

I feel like the voices of everyone that have ever been victimized by the police should be heard.

If you have ever had any negative experience with the Nigerian police please share them here.

I think we should start a new hashtag on Twitter #ShareYourPoliceStory or #ShareYourSarsStory. Let's make it trend.

Go to Twitter and use the hashtag #ShareYourPoliceStory or #ShareYourSarsStory when sharing your experience on the Nigerian police

If we don't get Justice now and put an end to police brutality, we may never do, and our children will have to go through the same injustice that we had to endure.
Re: Share Your Police Extortion/brutality Story by Umaruxoxo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
e Neva happen to me before
Re: Share Your Police Extortion/brutality Story by TossTos: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2020
I stopped a police from exrtorting a friend who is a napep rider , i told the police angrily , he got no dime to give you !

He bend to look at me , i keep asking question repeatedly , he could not replied , he left us for another coming vehicle . Since then , i dont see him till now on that road again .

@tosgramm
Re: Share Your Police Extortion/brutality Story by Mopolchi: 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2020
Police brutalize me at a Lagos Police station some 6 years ago just because I tried stopping the IPO from intimidating my family member in making a wrong statement. I was given a black eye with a resounding slap. I was threatened to be wasted with their guns. And I was tasered up to 8 times. I wondered today how I was able to survive the taser shocks.

Lets #EndPoliceBrutality! #EndSARS

(1) (Reply)

Missing / Lekki Shooting :Massacre or No Massacre ,One Person Life Matters / Court Sentences Deputy Director To 14 Years Imprisonment For Defrauding Job Seek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.