Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion (25679 Views)

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Thief Rushed To Hospital With Bloodied Buttocks After Police Drilling. Photo / How Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu Died After Police Shot Her - She Was Treated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 1:18am On Sep 04, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6000284/illegal-police-extortion-harassment-nairalanders
Prior to my earlier post (link above) here about an illegal police extortion at a checkpoint, I want to state that I have been fully refunded, compensated for time wasted and apologies on behalf of the erring officers who are currently suspended and undergoing orderly room trial.

I was contacted by the DPO exactly a week after I made the post here and on twitter after ACP Markus Ishaku and the PCRU noted my post and gave me a tracking number. When I got to the station, I didn't have much to do as my video evidence already spoke for itself. I should have posted this earlier but I have been quite busy. Am very sorry for that.

I also want to use this opportunity to thank mature and sensible characters who showed interest in the case and those who also gave words of advice.
I appreciate the efforts of the mods who pushed it to front page and also
cc:Litigator
cc:dannybrasky
cc:Queenslander
cc:uboma
cc:Stephenomozzy
cc:Stallion93
cc:ehmmy11
cc:Eillyeillz
cc:hardbody
cc:Ishilove

Modified : I just confirmed from a reliable source that the rogue officers are currently in detention at force headquarters, Abuja.

203 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 04, 2020
cool
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by ibrutex(m): 1:27am On Sep 04, 2020
good! well deserved..

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by andyanders: 1:42am On Sep 04, 2020
Thank God for u on this and I pray that you will never come across these wicked souls in ur life. Also thnks for the top officers who heeded to the ethics of their profession to have saved u from the hands of the bad eggs in their mist. Congrats. It calls 4 celebration.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by TONYE001(m): 2:22am On Sep 04, 2020
Congratulations on your refund but most importantly, what happened to the officers? Were they identified, sacked and prosecuted? To me, this is the actual victory.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Whitecoal711: 2:47am On Sep 04, 2020
Hmm this really rare
very sweet story, small small we get there,
message of hope

36 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by uboma(m): 3:10am On Sep 04, 2020
@Gabaleve,

Good to hear that your case with the Nigerian Police has been resolved.

I only hope that the Nigerian Police did not put pressure on you to give this update.

Tell us please, how did they compensate you for wasting your time?

How did you come about the knowledge that the Policemen who dehumanised you have been suspended and are undergoing orderly trial?

The Nigerian Police should come out to apologize to you on Twitter and Nairaland for how it's men dehumanised you and extorted you. We want to hear and read about their public apologies.

The Nigerian Police should also tell the public what punishment they have meted out to the Police Officers who commited these crime. I hope it isnt the case of the system transferring the rogue Police Officers to another zone.

This is the only way we can be assured that we are getting sanity in the Nigerian Police system.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Newman20(m): 3:48am On Sep 04, 2020
That's good 4 u sir cheesy
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Deborah98(f): 4:25am On Sep 04, 2020
Exactly what we are craving for!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by illicit(m): 4:28am On Sep 04, 2020
The police is our friend

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Freestainworld(m): 4:49am On Sep 04, 2020
the DPO must be a good man, I highly commend his efforts in this case

11 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 04, 2020
Thank God for you bro
Police people no too get sense
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by amiibaby(f): 9:17am On Sep 04, 2020
Wow that’s good
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 04, 2020
Nice.

Others should learn from this experience. When a police man stops you, bring out your phone and start recording if you have the opportunity.

There's power in social media

7 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by austine4real(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2020
grin grin

Audio kompesason

U are under pressure to write this oga

I don't trust away 9ja police anymore

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by soundlala: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
nah wow oh
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
uboma:
@Gabaleve,

Good to hear that your case with the Nigerian Police has been resolved.

I only hope that the Nigerian Police did not put pressure on you to give this update.

Tell us please, how did they compensate you for wasting your time?

How did you come about the knowledge that the Policemen who dehumanised you have been suspended and are undergoing orderly trial?

The Nigerian Police should come out to apologize to you on Twitter and Nairaland for how it's men dehumanised you and extorted you. We want to hear and read about their public apologies.

The Nigerian Police should also tell the public what punishment they have meted out to the Police Officers who commited these crime. I hope it isnt the case of the system transferring the rogue Police Officers to another zone.

This is the only way we can be assured that we are getting sanity in the Nigerian Police system.

I understand u sir.. The system is so bad believing anything that comes from the police is difficult. If i were u sir, I'd ask the same question, but yes everything thing I wrote is true and It wasn't under duress.
Firstly, I was actually Compensated for loss time by the DPO, Every time I had to visit the station, I was paid 1500 by the DPO, according to him, 500 for feeding, 1000 for TP. The first time I visited the police station, I saw two of the officers in the cell, and the DPO actually told me they will get the others and move them to the state capital for orderly room trial.

To how I got contacted, now it seems my report and the evidence got the PCRU worried, so the DPO was under serious pressure to solve the case, till today, I didn't know how they got my number but I was contacted around 9pm that day and invited by one ACP who is actually a friend to my aunt. The DPO was with him and that was how the case began. What I observed was that the DPO kept reiterating he'd never taken a dime from those rogue officers and he is worried they might implicate him so I should make sure i state everything I heard and witnessed incase am called to act as witness.

Actually I got a call from the PCRU and I testified just the way it happened. After 5 days of visiting the station, I was paid back in cash by the DPO. I had most of the events on voice and secret video recording. Too big to post here.. I can send you the recorded phone cal conversations and those at the police station if you don't mind. I got my money long ago before making this post, i just felt its wiser to put up an update here so our people don't lose hope. Just try to gather evidence at all times, it's always very helpful.

The audio and video recordings of all conversations and how i testified are too big to be posted here. I can send you a copy privately if you want sir. I just felt posting the outcome of the case here is important to give others hope and also to remind us to always get concrete evidence.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
TONYE001:
Congratulations on your refund but most importantly, what happened to the officers? Were they identified, sacked and prosecuted? To me, this is the actual victory.

Prosecution... Yes... But i didn't know how the prosecution ended

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by ODJ124(m): 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
victory......
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by 2Ways(m): 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
please blur the phone numbers.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by epondudu: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Op is this true? do you mean Canadian police?
May be you are well connected?

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
austine4real:
grin grin

Audio kompesason

U are under pressure to write this oga

I don't trust away 9ja police anymore

Bro i understand say police don turn upside down. But som people still get lucky bro.. Maybe I'm just among the little few that got compensation.. Cos just right this evening, I heard they've been in detention at Abuja for a whole week.. There is power in social media bro.. Use it.

8 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 10:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
epondudu:
Op is this true? do you mean Canadian police?
May be you are well connected?

Bro na social media

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
2Ways:
please blur the phone numbers.
Thanks bro, I should have done that.. How can i do that nw?
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by merieam16(f): 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good news
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by 2Ways(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:

Thanks bro, I should have done that.. How can i do that nw?

using your phone photo editor, you edit the photo by writing an ink on the place you wanna blur
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by uboma(m): 7:51am On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:

I understand u sir.. The system is so bad believing anything that comes from the police is difficult. If i were u sir, I'd ask the same question, but yes everything thing I wrote is true and It wasn't under duress.
Firstly, I was actually Compensated for loss time by the DPO, Every time I had to visit the station, I was paid 1500 by the DPO, according to him, 500 for feeding, 1000 for TP. The first time I visited the police station, I saw two of the officers in the cell, and the DPO actually told me they will get the others and move them to the state capital for orderly room trial.

To how I got contacted, now it seems my report and the evidence got the PCRU worried, so the DPO was under serious pressure to solve the case, till today, I didn't know how they got my number but I was contacted around 9pm that day and invited by one ACP who is actually a friend to my aunt. The DPO was with him and that was how the case began. What I observed was that the DPO kept reiterating he'd never taken a dime from those rogue officers and he is worried they might implicate him so I should make sure i state everything I heard and witnessed incase am called to act as witness.

Actually I got a call from the PCRU and I testified just the way it happened. After 5 days of visiting the station, I was paid back in cash by the DPO. I had most of the events on voice and secret video recording. Too big to post here.. I can send you the recorded phone cal conversations and those at the police station if you don't mind. I got my money long ago before making this post, i just felt its wiser to put up an update here so our people don't lose hope. Just try to gather evidence at all times, it's always very helpful.

The audio and video recordings of all conversations and how i testified are too big to be posted here. I can send you a copy privately if you want sir. I just felt posting the outcome of the case here is important to give others hope and also to remind us to always get concrete evidence.

Thank you for the update. I am happy to hear that they contacted you to resolve the issue. I hope that the rogue Police Officers get the punishment they deserve for dehumanising

The country is no longer safe, not safe even from law enforcement agencies as there are bad eggs in the system.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by dannybrasky(m): 9:56am On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:
https://www.nairaland.com/6000284/illegal-police-extortion-harassment-nairalanders
Prior to my earlier post (link above) here about an illegal police extortion at a checkpoint, I want to state that I have been fully refunded, compensated for time wasted and apologies on behalf of the erring officers who are currently suspended and undergoing orderly room trial.

I was contacted by the DPO exactly a week after I made the post here and on twitter after ACP Markus Ishaku and the PCRU noted my post and gave me a tracking number. When I got to the station, I didn't have much to do as my video evidence already spoke for itself. I should have posted this earlier but I have been quite busy. Am very sorry for that.

I also want to use this opportunity to thank mature and sensible characters who showed interest in the case and those who also gave words of advice.
I appreciate the efforts of the mods who pushed it to front page and also
cc:Litigator
cc:dannybrasky
cc:Queenslander
cc:uboma
cc:Stephenomozzy
cc:Stallion93
cc:ehmmy11
cc:Eillyeillz
cc:hardbody
cc:Ishilove

Modified : I just confirmed from a reliable source that the rogue officers are currently in detention at force headquarters, Abuja.

Front page Cc: Lalasticlala
wink

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2020
uboma:

Thank you for the update. I am happy to hear that they contacted you to resolve the issue. I hope that the rogue Police Officers get the punishment they deserve for dehumanising

The country is no longer safe, not safe even from law enforcement agencies as there are bad eggs in the system.

Thanks sir, I had to specially copy you and host of others for your mature comments, I think the country would get better if we don't let people in authority get away with their ill manners at all times. We shouldn't let wrong things slide.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Slawormir: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Nice
Any police officers way ask to search my phone again and other extortion

Na to record am

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by janedonez(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Xerolica: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50-year-old Man Says Evil Spirit Pushed Him To Molest 2-year-old Girl / Georgia Woman Arrested For Dragging Her Child By The Hair / Soldiers Frogmarch Pupil To Death In Imo; Zamfara Teacher Flogs Student To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.