Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k (63914 Views)

Peter Obi Gave N5M At One Event, While I Gave N4M - Datti / The Gift Udom Emmanuel Gave To Ooni Of Ife At Government House, Akwa Ibom / Boy Who Got N500K From Akpabio After Removing His Shirt For Him Goes Shopping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Benesis: 8:25am On Oct 18, 2020
Kufre Carter one of the protest organizer went back to get the money the uyo protesters rejected, this is to show nigerians that uyo people are united in the fight against police brutality, that its just 4 to 5 people ensnared in this and not the whole uyo protest ring.

Kufre Carter, a journalist, has taken to his Facebook page to explain what happened. He wrote:
Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen.

A lot has been said about me following the End SARS protests on Tuesday. I've been inundated with calls from responsible people to ask about the whereabouts of 4million naira reportedly given to me by the Governor for the Tuesday protests. The rest have resorted to online bickering and name calling.

Well, I want to state the facts about the money categorically thus:

1. Half an hour after the governor finished addressing the protesters, I got a call from the SSA on Youth Matters to come to Eni Stores with two(2) people from the protest ground. I obliged.

2. On arrival, I was informed that His Excellency has given the sum of four(4) million naira and explained the sharing formula: (i) 2 million for "Uyo Youths" and 2 million for four (4) blocs of protest organisers (which he knew I was one of those who organised the said protest).

3. I was handed five hundred thousand naira (500,000) with specific instructions on how to share which I disbursed accordingly to five people.

4. With this money, came a caveat that the information should be as discreet as possible and I agreed hence the reason for my initial denial which I've grossly regretted.

5. Two days after, I kept getting threats from even my friends asking me to produce 4m given by the governor. I kept wondering where they got the information that I received 4m when in actual fact I received 500,000.

6. I've managed to build a reputation around my name that I would rather die than let anything or anybody put a dent on it. Nobody is indispensable when it comes to protecting my name and reputation.

7. I hereby apologize to everybody who I've disappointed by my actions on Tuesday. This is a first for me and I've surely learnt my lessons. I'm really sorry.

8. For the people who've wasted no time in throwing tantrums, I deserve it and I hold nothing against you. If anything, this incidence has proven to me that nobody cares about you. They're only interested in what you offer them. Nobody has friends�.

9. Once again, I'm sorry for disappointing y'all and if I went back in time, I would surely have acted differently but it's too late for that, isn't it?

10. To my friends who've been through hell defending me, and opting to listen to my own side of the story, I thank you and I appreciate the goodwill.

On this note, I hereby state that I never received 4m from anybody for whatever purpose and I stand by that. Thank you

I digress!

#EndSARS
#EndPoliceBrutality

Virgin Kufre Carter

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2946416135459355&id=100002729926954

7 Likes

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by peacekante: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2020
Hijacked

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Benesis: 8:29am On Oct 18, 2020
Caveat.
The whole uyo protest was not political.
We where given the money and we rejected it, like judas some went back to collect money

We reject the action, and we all have rebuked the actors, we are all still very united on the front for a Nigeria where the people we pay to guard and protect us wont be the people to rob and kill us.
Its a kufreCarter thing and not an uyo thing.

#EndSars #endpolicebrutality #aNewNigeria

448 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Officialgarri: 8:31am On Oct 18, 2020
This one is just small thing compared to the media crisis that is coming up soon
Officialgarri:
In weeks or maybe days to come, twitter will be on fire due to revelations that will be made about how some influencers were paid to continue the protest even when there's nothing to protest against.

People who are paid just to ensure there is tension, thereby endangering the lives of the senseless people who have been killed and will be killed in the course of this protest are not better than Boko Haram.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by donbachi(m): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2020
In nigeria...e get lies wey dey be like truth.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 18, 2020
You have lost good will go 4 million ..your share fit no reach 1 million even ...money that would finish before this year runs out ....

People are just small minded n u wonder why leaders don't take us serious

Just 4 million u acted like this what would u do when 4 billion is offered

276 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Baawaa(m): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2020
Nigeria my country, traitors here and there because of money you sold your tomorrow

162 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 18, 2020
Officialgarri:
This one is just small thing compared to the media crisis that is coming up soon
That's what your failed generation wants ....
You guys failed to understand that this protest have absolutely no leader , there is no leader that would pull out that would affect this protest

The youths are not looking up to anyone , everything done is done for free n for better tomorrow

Government can waste billions bribing people that they think would help , segalink left protest grew ...who else can u bribe

Nsiramarly backed out yet it grew , ...runtown has slowed down yet it continued

Bros understand that there has never been a protest like this in Nigeria

367 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Benesis: 8:40am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:
You have lost good will go 4 million ..your share fit no reach 1 million even ...money that would finish before this year runs out ....

People are just small minded n u wonder why leaders don't take us serious

Just 4 million u acted like this what would u do when 4 billion is offered

Na #500k o...
Nigerian youths need to know that the political elite are slways willing to buy us out.
They bought out NLC
they bought out Naira Marley.

We need to be willing to say No, no matter how much the offer, the money go still finish

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by omenka(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2020
Funny people. I pity all those still making themselves available to be used by these political jobbers to cash out.

The protest has been turned into a political means and a money making initiative. Thousands out there are grossly ignorant of this fact.

In Benue state as well, the government gave money to the organizers, and the money went missing. Cries of betrayal and embezzlement everywhere.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Benesis: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:

You guys failed to understand that this protest have absolutely no leader , there is no leader that would pull out that would affect this protest

The youths are not looking up to anyone , everything done is done for free n for better tomorrow

Government can waste billions bribing people that they think would help , segalink left protest grew ...who else can u bribe

Truth, an organic protest with no leader is the key to a revolution, even if aisha yesufu gets compromised, the protest will still rage on

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Benesis: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2020
peacekante:
Hijacked

We are still focus, the guy that was distracted with money has been treated as a pariah.

#EndSars #endpolicebrutality #endjamesnwafor #endbogussalary
These are our demands

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Officialgarri: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:

Life didn't just start in 2015 bro.

Even if you are still very young, run a google search on occupynaija 2012
Then also ask an older person about June 12 protest of 1993.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by obyrich(m): 9:19am On Oct 18, 2020
omenka:
Funny people. I pity all those still making themselves available to be used by these political jobbers to cash out.

The protest has been turned into a political means and a money making initiative. Thousands out there are grossly ignorant of this fact.

In Benue state as well, the government gave money to the organizers, and the money went missing. Cries of betrayal and embezzlement everywhere.
Do you pity them when Political jobbers use them during rallies to pull fake crowds?

Do you pity them when Political jobbers use them to pull fake solidarity campaigns?

Do you pity them when political jobbers use them to snatch ballot boxes in exchange for 774000 jobs at less than $50 monthly salary?

Don't pity them. Pity yourself who sees everything from the prism of APC.

These youths have been so demeaned that they know not the difference between life and death.

Don't run the government as a cult. Even in military regime, there were opposition. Don't call for war on peaceful protesters demanding for things to be done right for all.

This is beyond PDP and APC.

You should pity yourself for failing to contribute your voice in bringing the change which aided your ascendancy to power.

Don't pity a dead man. Pity the living.

You have killed the youth with all manners of extortion.

Go to the thread for Federal Civil Servce Jobs on Nairaland and see how jobs are sold for millions of naira.

If you love APC or Nigeria, take up a fight against this institutional wickedness or remain silent forever.

Enough of your noise! Nigeria is not your fathers estate.

168 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by masui(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2020
Udom PAs use my guy head. Gave him 500k, told the guy to keep the deal secret. Turn around to cast the guy say him collect 4 million.

The same guy that had issues with the government over social media post during lockdown down period. They have used this pocket money finish my guy patata.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 18, 2020
Officialgarri:

Life didn't just start in 2015 bro.

Even if you are still very young, run a google search on occupynaija 2012
Then also ask an older person about June 12 protest of 1993.

Occupy Nigeria was an apc lead protest ....what did I protest against and what are the same government u support doing now

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 18, 2020
Benesis:

Na #500k o...
Nigerian youths need to know that the political elite are slways willing to buy us out.
They bought out NLC
they bought out Naira Marley.

We need to be willing to say No, no matter how much the offer, the money go still finish
This protest has no leader absolutely no leader ...buy any one u want the protest continues

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2020
Officialgarri:

Na ur useless government dey throw money as usual

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by helinues: 9:30am On Oct 18, 2020
But why should the governor bribed the protesters

Udom too dey fall person hand if the story is true

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by adaragbotemi: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2020
Why na
Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:53am On Oct 18, 2020
obyrich:
Do you pity them when Political jobbers use them during rallies to pull fake crowds?

Do you pity them when Political jobbers use them to pull fake solidarity campaigns?

Do you pity them when political jobbers use them to snatch ballot boxes in exchange for 774000 jobs at less than $50 monthly salary?

Don't pity them. Pity yourself who sees everything from the prism of APC.

These youths have been so demeaned that they know not the difference between life and death.

Don't run the government as a cult. Even in military regime, there were opposition. Don't call for war on peaceful protesters demanding for things to be done right for all.

This is beyond PDP and APC.

You should pity yourself for failing to contribute your voice in bringing the change which aided your ascendancy to power.

Don't pity a dead man. Pity the living.

You have killed the youth with all manners of extortion.

Go to the thread for Federal Civil Servce Jobs on Nairaland and see how jobs are sold for millions of naira.

If you love APC or Nigeria, take up a fight against this institutional wickedness or remain silent forever.

Enough of your noise! Nigeria is not your fathers estate.

So apt!!

30 Likes

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Stateoforigin: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2020
An average Nigerian is a wicked, evil and corrupt classist.

Even if Nigeria breaks into 36 countries, nothing will change. There's something wrong with our mentality and I blame our founding fathers.

They didn't learn anything from the colonial masters. They were just more interested in getting freedom. After getting the freedom, they couldn't inculcate good values on the citizens because they didnt learn it. This continued for years until the Igbo people decided to use the military to worsen everything, the result is what we are seeing today (coups and counter coups)

Just look at this guy? His first shot at leadership and he already failed. Sadly, 98% of Nigerian youths will fail.

How many youths protesting today will restructure the country if given the chance? We are talking about reducing the powers of the president by almost 50%.

We have a warped mentality as a people. That's why an influencial Nigerian wouldn't want to join a queue here but will humbly do so in another country.

Again, I blame our founding fathers, they learnt nothing.

#reshapeourmentality

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Afamed: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2020
When I said the youths are pathetic and worse than the current looters. We don't just carry talk.
Leaders of tomorrow my foot
They have started revealing their colours more revelation to come

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by chamboy(m): 11:15am On Oct 18, 2020
Stateoforigin:

Even if Nigeria breaks into 36 countries, nothing will change. There's something wrong with our mentality and I blame our founding fathers.

They didn't learn anything from the colonial masters. They were just more interested in getting freedom. After getting the freedom, they couldn't inculcate good values on the citizens because they didnt learn it. This continued for years until the Igbo people decided to use the military to worsen everything, the result is what we are seeing today (coups and counter coups)

Just look at this guy? His first shot at leadership and he already failed. Sadly, 98% of Nigerian youths will fail.

How many youths protesting today will restructure the country if given the chance? We are talking about reducing the powers of the president by almost 50%.

We have a warped mentality as a people. That's why an influencial Nigerian wouldn'7t want to join a queue here but will humbly do so in another country.

#reshapeourmentality
the only few ones with me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Fahdiga(m): 11:20am On Oct 18, 2020
Udom is a thief. we the youths are united this time around. all we are demanding is good governance. let's keep it up

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Afamed: 11:20am On Oct 18, 2020
Stateoforigin:

We have a warped mentality as a people. That's why an influencial Nigerian wouldn't want to join a queue here but will humbly do so in another country.

#reshapeourmentality
The slowpoke who short-changed NEPA for close to 7 months without paying Kobo before his activity was revealed is presently at the rally ground. With Nigeria youth, who doesn't take responsibility for his own failure, I greatly fear for this country

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Passionate888: 11:21am On Oct 18, 2020
Akwa Ibom people and betrayal na like 5&6, na so friend na blow him friend wife steady, woman go snatch her friend husband on a steady, girls go use 'special' leave cook soup for you every get dry fish, when you chop am, your own don finish be that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k by Afamed: 11:25am On Oct 18, 2020
Passionate888:
Akwa Ibom people and betrayal na like 5&6, na so friend na blow him friend wife steady, woman go snatch her friend husband on a steady, girls go use 'special' leave cook soup for you every get dry fish, when you chop am, your own don finish be that.
I am not from Akwa Ibom. The crooks are everywhere

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / Oyingbo Market Traders Protest Against Folashade Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.