Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

[OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters (652 Views)

Opinion: My Permutations For Candidates For The Apc Presidential Ticket / Opinion:My Predictions For The upcoming PDP & APC Presidential Primary Elections / Patricia Amadin: #EndSARS Protesters Hail Policewoman In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:52am On Oct 18, 2020
Doyin Okupe
On Oct 16, 2020
Our dear gallant youths, you have done well and virtually the whole nation is proud of you.

You have accomplished much and you must gain maximally from this unprecedented national achievements.

I want to particularly ask you to note that in all dealings with governments and sovereignties worldwide and throughout all history, including wars, everything ends on the negotiating table. Yes, it all and always ends up on the table .
You must be ready to go to table soonest lest you lose your momentum and colossal gains and citizens support.

Please observe that the government has demonstrated ready acquiesces to virtually all your demands. Secondly, it is obvious they have also adopted a policy of non-interference with your protests. Please never for one imagine that you have cowed government. It takes much more than is happening now to do so.

For as long as they keep accepting your demands and they fail to apply force or try to stop you, very soon the threat to your continued success will not come from go government but the masses who though are with you now, but when their daily bread, existence and wellbeing begin to be threatened they will make a turnaround, and it will not be funny.

Therefore, please prepare to go to the table with the authorities who are already primed to be receptive.

To go to the table you need two things.

1. A leadership structure.

2. Well articulated compilation of your demands which must be comprehensive and address all areas where leadership and government have failed over the years.

You must categorize them into 3.

Immediate. Short time. That’s within 6 to 12 months and long term.

Also, they must include what can be achieved via legislation and through executive orders and administrative changes.

To choose leadership will be a challenge to you because I believe this was not on your menu.

I advise you to employ technology which you are quite versed in. Create a platform wherein each state, those who want to offer themselves can be registered with their CVs and biodata.

Choose a date and let all your folks who must have registered online to vote, vote for them. Pick the first 10 or 12 or any number u choose to constitute your state leaders. All state leaders so elected will come together virtually or physically and select National leaders, ensuring every state is represented.

With this team in place and your propositions at hand, you can approach the government and begin the historic talk.

Our eyes and our hopes are on you. The nation’s destiny is in your hands. You have a unique opportunity to put your names in gold in the annals of our National History if not National Treasure.

May the Almighty God guide you and bless you all with the competency of divine wisdom required for this great assignment.

Good luck.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/opinion-my-advice-to-the-endsars-protesters/

3 Likes

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by izzou(m): 9:05am On Oct 18, 2020
Anybody not benefitting from the government has suddenly joined the youths... Nonsense

But he has a point though grin

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 18, 2020
izzou:
Anybody not benefitting from the government has suddenly joined the youths... Nonsense

But he has a point though grin

He has no point. He is a fool.
What will it take to reduce the salaries of our useless politicians. It won't take 3days.
How long will it take to compensate victims of police brutality, I won't take 2days.
How long will it take to punish those demon possessed sars?
How long will it take to giveus 24hrs light?
These things don't take time.
We don't need any leader to represent us. How long does it take to equip all hospitals and build atleaast a standard hospital in each state.?

A serious government can do everything I just listed and more in 7days. But these fools want us to bring out a leader, so they can either harass him or bribe him..
The wahala affect the whole Nigerians . Address us all or shut da fuvk up!

4 Likes

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by izzou(m): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2020
DDeliverer:

What will it take to reduce the salaries of our useless politicians. It won't take 3days.
How long will it take to compensate victims of police brutality, I won't take 2days.
We don't need any leader to represent us. How long does it take to equip all hospitals and build atleaast a standard hospital in each state.?

A serious government can do everything I just listed and more in 7days. But these fools want us to bring out a leader, so they can either harass him or bribe him..

Okay sir

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 18, 2020
izzou:

Okay sir

God bless you. #Endsars. #Endbadgovernance.
Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by Ridemeapp: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2020
DDeliverer:

You want to build and equip hospitals in 7day? Some things are not just possible. You currently have protests only on Abuja and the lower half of the county. Support will start to decrease as people's means of livelihood are affected. The earlier negotiations are done, the better.

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 18, 2020
Ridemeapp:

You want to build and equip hospitals in 7day? Some things are not just possible. You currently have protests only on Abuja and the lower half of the county. Support will start to decrease as people's means of livelihood are affected. The earlier negotiations are done, the better.
If government is serious let them give us time frame ...if they they achieve it let them promise to resign simple ..the street go clear
Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2020
Why are older Nigerians insisting on leaders? You want leaders so you can bribe them and quell the protests. There are no leaders. The demands are very simple. Sars should be absolutely abolished. All erring officers must be brought to book and an independent panel set up to punish them. The hearings must be televised. Lastly all police officers salaries must be increased. What is difficult here abeg? Which kind foolish odes we get for naija?

2 Likes

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by Gerrard59(m): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2020
At first, I canvassed for some sort of representation by reputable and knowledgeable people but when I see political hacks and proteges demanding for leaders, I become wary. It's better with no leaders, the demands are quite straightforward.

- No carrying of guns in public by police officials.

- An Oputa like panel to persecute SARS personnel who have killed innocent people.

Doesn't sound like rocket science, does it?

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by ThatFairGuy1: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2020
From the sage of our time:
"All past revolutions in history succeeded against dictatorship and began the strengthening of democracy. Any successful revolution against democracy would throw society into anarchy. And we may thereafter require a dictator to manage the fallout. Leaders and followers need revolution of the mind to constantly assess the consequences of any uncontrollable anger. Biologically, every anger make a man weak, shaken and sick. If not quickly controlled, anger kills through blood pressure. Our youths might not know it yet. Good morning all"
- Bisi Akande

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by jboixxx: 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2020
They'll soon lose their relevance of care is not taken. We wait to see the end of it.
Re: [OPINION] My Advice To The #endsars Protesters by T9ksy(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
Oga Doyin, please shove your du.mb advice up your big fat back..side, jo.

Like another poster already opined, the youths protesting do not lead anybody to lead them. They all have woken up from their imposed slumber by their so-called leaders. They have been pushed to the walls and now have nothing else to lose than to stand and demand for their basic human rights, peacefully. However, the govt. have already silenced 5 of them with scores also arrested.

They (the protesters) are educated and exposed and as such do not need anyone to speak for them. As it is now, there's no leader for the federal govt. to attempt to bribe, intimidate and if all fails, exterminate.

I give kudos to the youths. Am really impressed and wish them all, more grease to their elbows. They should not relent in their struggle. The people in power and their security operatives are just a minute percentage of the population - they can't kill us all and also, the whole world is watching.

#Endsars is just the beginning, eventually it will be #endnigeria

(1) (Reply)

#ENDSARS: Another Shocking Revelation By Eyewitness - Reno Omokri / Nigeria's Debt Of 86 Billion Dollars Has Become The Highest In History / OFFA Polytechnic SUG Issued Award To Cultists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.