Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! (3191 Views)

20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing / Ifeanyi Ubah's Mocked Coffin Carried By Ihiala People Over Mass Rigging / APC Wants Jonathan To Apologise To Nasarawa People Over Failedimpeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by wales(m): 8:00am On Mar 08, 2011
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan on Monday said his ambition and that of Vice President Namadi Sambo did not take priority over the death of Nigerians during the stampede at the Peoples Democratic Party‘s presidential rally at the Port Harcourt stadium.

Jonathan, who spoke during the presidential campaign rally at the Uyo Township Ttadium, said any politician that advocated violence and destruction during elections did not mean well for the country.

The president emphasised high-economic development as a process of transforming the country. He explained that the Federal Government was working on policies and programmes that would facilitate jobs for the unemployed youths in the country.

Jonathan said, “If we have crisis in this country, the turbulence will get to you. So anybody, who is preaching violence and destruction does not want the good of this country. I have said it on several occasions that neither my ambition nor anybody’s ambition is worth the blood of Nigerians.

“Neither my ambition nor that of my deputy, Namadi Sambo, worth the your blood. So, say no to violence. You must vote and protect your vote. By the INEC regulations, you have to stay at the polling units and protect your votes.

“Make sure nobody have the opportunity to rig elections. We are emphasising one man one vote during the poll. Stay at the polling station until votes are counted. It is only when your agents get the results that you are free to leave the polling units.

“Nobody is praying for violence, when violence comes, it will consume a lot of us.

Jonathan also reiterated the commitment of his government towards giving the country uninterrupted power supply in the next four years.

He said, “We must think of what to do to create jobs for the youths and not how to kill them. We will make sure that in the next four years, Nigerians will have power instead of darkness. We will all be guilty if after four years Nigeria is still having this kind of epileptic power supply.”

“If we cannot stabilise power, we cannot talk about small and medium scale industries; these are the industries that provide jobs for the people.”

The President reasoned that what drove most of the Asian Tiger economies were the small and medium scale enterprises, adding that the Federal Government would centre its development plan on this strategy in order to serve the interest of the people.

Jonathan added that the government would allocate adequate fund to the agriculture sector as engine of growth and development.

On the petroleum sector, he said the need to refine the products had been the major problem of the country, saying that in the next four years, the government would go beyond refining.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103084514078
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2011
I beg chatap there
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by omo9ja1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2011
[s]The president emphasised high-economic development as a process of transforming the country. He explained that the Federal Government was working on policies and programmes that would facilitate jobs for the unemployed youths in the country[/s]

We need you to resign now and stop promising nothing, your party is a Dump to Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 08, 2011
see how him mouth dey smell!

Abeg make somebody tell this Dumba-dumb to go use iron brush wash mouth! angry angry angry
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2011
Mr. President has been consistent with his non violent stance on the election. That is very good, and we hope people concerned should please allow a peaceful elections, and we should just focus on persons for each position and not party voting. There are lots of good candidates from various parties and we need to vote for them. I wish all the good candidates luck, and I also pray for their success at the polls.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by chelseabmw(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2011
I support jonathan
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by asamuel: 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2011
but uncle joe kills wherever he goes to campaign. this message is just one of his empty promises. he says one thing and does another. he should tell this to clueless dame goodluck.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by deezzle(m): 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2011
Did anyone hear him say "you should not kill person"? His wife is influencing him.

As far as i am concerned, a vote for pdp is a regressive vote. he is still surrounded by the hawks who have not allowed our nation blossom. Go figure
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2011
Promises! promises!! Promises!!!

*From the stable of the Producer and Star of ''Tales by Moonlight'' & ''Stories that touch the heart'' comes the tales of lies, corruption & deceits

The promise I & II Starring GEJ & Sambo with guest appearance by IBB.

Produced & directed by OBJ.
Screenplay by Anenih
promise & fail - GRAB YA COPIES NOW!
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by bisiaet: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
I can read so many hate words against this man called GEJ in the house, well everyone is entiltle to his or her opinion But I personally see some of these post as a pure hate campaing rather than just mere party supporter or party loyalist.

I discovered Nigeria is the best abusive master in the world I had gone to so many African countries and traveled to the Western world my country is number one I mean they bagged the first class award in abusive words. Whatever any one says he or she should be ready to be insulted and well abused even some in the house abuse each other parent this is so urgly indeed

Gej has just said No violence I dont think he has said anything wrong or step on anybody's toes with that statement. I dont see reason hating this man this much he is just a human like us. I'm not his party member but I dont just hate someone who has not done me any evil or wrong me this is just my person. Violence has be in politics for long so Gej is not the the man who created it and for saying what he said I dont see why I should abuse him. No matter who GEJ is he is the president of this country and to my knowledge he is not a bad guy at all in comparison to those who has ruled this country before this is the truth.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by SkyBlue1: 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2011
omo9ja1:

[s]The president emphasised high-economic development as a process of transforming the country. He explained that the Federal Government was working on policies and programmes that would facilitate jobs for the unemployed youths in the country[/s]

We need you to resign now and stop promising nothing, your party is a Dump to Nigeria.

If Goodluck Jonathan being president of Nigeria irritates and angers you so much then you have the opportunity to rally together people and work hard towards voting him out during the elections in a couple of months. If you can't wait two months to express your displeasure through the polls then you are more than welcome to rally together people and start your own "revolution" or protest. What is no longer palatable though is people just running their mouths when they have no intention of even getting off their lethargic backsides to go and even vote. Its like whining has become a national past time. If you don't like the state of things, then do something about it and stop boring us with these rants. It is not by force to be Nigerian.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by SkyBlue1: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2011
bisiaet:

I can read so many hate words against this man called GEJ in the house, well everyone is entiltle to his or her opinion But I personally see some of these post as a pure hate campaing rather than just mere party supporter or party loyalist.

I discovered Nigeria is the best abusive master in the world I had gone to so many African countries and traveled to the Western world my country is number one I mean they bagged the first class award in abusive words. Whatever any one says he or she should be ready to be insulted and well abused even some in the house abuse each other parent this is so urgly indeed

Gej has just said No violence I dont think he has said anything wrong or step on anybody's toes with that statement. I dont see reason hating this man this much he is just a human like us. I'm not his party member but I dont just hate someone who has not done me any evil or wrong me this is just my person. Violence has be in politics for long so Gej is not the the man who created it and for saying what he said I dont see why I should abuse him. No matter who GEJ is he is the president of this country and to my knowledge he is not a bad guy at all in comparison to those who has ruled this country before this is the truth.

Discovered it a few months ago and just got turned off the politics section. It is okay to rubbish government through intellectual debates and arguments, but most of the posts and threads in the politics section of Nairaland for the past few months have really been an embarassment. There are reasonable arguments, but there also seems to be a much larger number of posts and threads driven by just plain and simple bigotry. 'Jonathan talks funny, his wife talks funny', as if that was ever a criteria used to judge a non performing Yar Adua and his wife who weren't exactly paragons of eloquence when they were in power. Have people even heard Buhari speak? There are arguments to be heard drowned in a sea of pettiness I really didn't think possible for this section (en masse for that matter and including some much touted "intelligent posters"wink.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by 1025: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
Mr. President sir,
you declared state of emergency on our power sector, 10 months on. how far? is emergency the same meaning with forever and ever?
sir, resign and save us more lives. your celebration of criminals is killing us the more.
enemies of the masses are your best friends. please, resign.
12 yrs of wickedness from pdp is enough for any man with blood in his viens to have repentance.
we have suffered poor leadership in this country especially under your party. you are no different because those who punished us are your closest friends.
a friend to our enemies is our enemy too.
u are part of the wicked generation that has denied the poor masses of this country of their natural blessings.
whatsoever sufferings the citizens pass through in ur hands will surely be visited on u, ur family and ur generations unborn.
u belong to the occultic party called pdp. u are in a blood thirsty party no wonder obasanjo wiped out two commuinities in 1999. recorded the highest number of air-misharps with uncountable number of political killings. yar adua was mild and the party killed him. ur tenure is bomb related and jos riots including uncountable accidents to supply enough blood to ur kingdom.
there is light at the end of this turnel. run or be burnt.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by 10cirenoh: 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2011
wales:

The president emphasised high-economic development as a process of transforming the country. He explained that the Federal Government was working on policies and programmes that would facilitate jobs for the unemployed youths in the country.

Policies and programs that cannot be mentioned? what are these policies and programs?
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by mrofficial(m): 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2011
asamuel:

but uncle joe kills wherever he goes to campaign. this message is just one of his empty promises. he says one thing and does another. he should tell this to clueless dame goodluck.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2011
bisiaet:

What else do you expect from the supportters of a Dictator and a preacher of Lynching,violence and bombs? What GEJ is saying here is Alien to them,the only language they understand is bloodshed
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by bisiaet: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2011
Discovered it a few months ago and just got turned off the politics section. It is okay to rubbish government through intellectual debates and arguments, but most of the posts and threads in the politics section of Nairaland for the past few months have really been an embarassment. There are reasonable arguments, but there also seems to be a much larger number of posts and threads driven by just plain and simple bigotry. 'Jonathan talks funny, his wife talks funny', as if that was ever a criteria used to judge a non performing Yar Adua and his wife who weren't exactly paragons of eloquence when they were in power. Have people even heard Buhari speak? There are arguments to be heard drowned in a sea of pettiness I really didn't think possible for this section (en masse and including some much touted "intelligent posters"wink.

You are very correct
Some time I read some thread I wll shout oh my God why all this. Some just refused to grow and talk sensibly it is so pathetic. Everything GEJ says is wrong and started raining abuseive word on him this is damn outrageous turning Nairaland to a tout site. Many left this nairaland because of all this sorts of insulting and abusive languages this is bad for real people need to grow and be sensitive.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by floriana(m): 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2011
GEJ says: " Dont kill people on my behalf. Let me enjoy the pleasure of killing them my own way" Dont rig election for me, let me do it myself and in my own way. What a hardworking man! Nincompoop.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Pharoh: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2011
bisiaet:

You are very correct
Some time I read some thread I wll shout oh my God why all this. Some just refused to grow and talk sensibly it is so pathetic. Everything GEJ says is wrong and started raining abuseive word on him this is damn outrageous turning Nairaland to a tout site. Many left this nairaland because of all this sorts of insulting and abusive languages this is bad for real people need to grow and be sensitive.

My problem is what has the management of this forum done about this ugly developments which is not very good in my opinion.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by EMANY01(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
Please what has he said that is soooOOO WRONG? I am really sorry for some people their rabid opposition to any thing GEJ would be funny if it wasnt so scary .
Scary because just when you think they have convinced THEMSELVES that their opposition is rooted in logic,their emotions errupt in the most unlikely situations/discussions to betray the lie they have been living.
Scary because should GEJ actualy win this election, they might harm themselves.
Pray tell :what is wrong with GEJ stating that his ambition is not worth the loss of any life and him publicly comming out to tell whosoever it might consern that nobody should be killed on his account in any situation and that every vote cast must count and that the people should defend their vote?!!!
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by floriana(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2011
All the jobless hack writers and pseudo-supporters of GEJ who complain that everything he says is considered wrong should by now be getting the message that despite their GEJ being an incumbent and running on a major party, he is still widely vilified by his fellow citizens simply because the man is a complete error. He says one thing and does another thing. A man who is promising to fight corruption, yet sending his minister of defence to go and represent him at the grand corruption celebration of Bode George.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by otukpo(f): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2011
Haters, u pple are just hating for nothing.

Come May 29th, GEJ would be sworn in again.

Until u pple present a better candidate, i am not doing any party voting.

ACN is as rotten as PDP and for BB team, i don't trust.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2011
1025:

Mr. President sir,
you declared state of emergency on our power sector, 10 months on. how far? is emergency the same meaning with forever and ever?
sir, resign and save us more lives. your celebration of criminals is killing us the more.
enemies of the masses are your best friends. please, resign.
12 yrs of wickedness from pdp is enough for any man with blood in his viens to have repentance.
we have suffered poor leadership in this country especially under your party. you are no different because those who punished us are your closest friends.
a friend to our enemies is our enemy too.
u are part of the wicked generation that has denied the poor masses of this country of their natural blessings.
whatsoever sufferings the citizens pass through in your hands will surely be visited on u, your family and your generations unborn.
u belong to the occultic party called pdp. u are in a blood thirsty party no wonder obasanjo wiped out two commuinities in 1999. recorded the highest number of air-misharps with uncountable number of political killings. yar adua was mild and the party killed him. your tenure is bomb related and jos riots including uncountable accidents to supply enough blood to your kingdom.
there is light at the end of this turnel. run or be burnt.

Tell'em. Louder!
''If u've chosen to rig, u've chosen to be lynched'' (to be forewarned, is to be foreharmed)
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by benoitt(f): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
Sky Blue:

If Goodluck Jonathan being president of Nigeria irritates and angers you so much then you have the opportunity to rally together people and work hard towards voting him out during the elections in a couple of months. If you can't wait two months to express your displeasure through the polls then you are more than welcome to rally together people and start your own "revolution" or protest. What is no longer palatable though is people just running their mouths when they have no intention of even getting off their lethargic backsides to go and even vote. Its like whining has become a national past time. If you don't like the state of things, then do something about it and stop boring us with these rants. It is not by force to be Nigerian.

Good talk there!

What never stops to amaze me is the constant villification of everyone who is at the seat of govt by the Nigerian Youth.its easier for people to sit in their comfortable zones,point fingers and yak.The question you ask yourself is-what can I do to make the change?Until u re able to do a self appraisal, all these innefective badmouthing cant solve a thing.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2011
otukpo:

Haters, u pple are just hating for nothing.

Come May 29th, GEJ would be sworn in again.

Until u pple present a better candidate, i am not doing any party voting.

ACN is as rotten as PDP and for BB team, i don't trust.

Likewise me,no party voting,Presidency na GEJ.Then we can look at other good candidates in other parties and vote for them too
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by jamesugo: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
Nairalanders, Stop killing urselfs over parties.As for me, am not voting for PDP am voting for GEJ.
I vote for the right person and not party.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Mcleo007(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2011
Its such a pity Jonathan is widely losing his popularity among Nigerians. As someone said earlier,come April,people should vote for individuals and not party. I like GEJ as a person; he's a good man, but then, I don't see him as the answer to the many problems of Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by bestman09(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2011
asamuel:

@asamuel
God punish your mouth! It is people like you that throws bomb at a gathering of peace loving people. Dont waste your time writing rubbish about GEJ

GOOD LUCK NIGERIA
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2011
Foools. If Kuffour of Ghana had made the same statement they would have flooded here with praise for him.

But Jonathan says the same thing and gets their abuse.

And you wonder why we have problems!
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2011
the youths of our country are begining to wake and think right . VOTE INDIVIDUALS BASED ON MERIT AND NOT PARTY AFFILIATION
Re: Don’t Kill People Over My Ambition – Jonathan ! by scatayan: 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2011
GEJ 'll certainly win, come April. But that 'll certainly be the worst thing that shall ever befall this country. The man some of you insist is a good man in a bad party. But I want to ask; what makes him good?

Let any of you who calls him a good man come out here and swear against waking up after today that he/she is not from southern part of Nigeria. A bu 'm nwafo Igbo. But I hate Jonathan because he is just one of those thieves fronted to Nigerians as a young and educated man. A puppet on OBJ's string. A hopless man leading a foolish people.

In fact we are all fools for believing this man and thier charade.

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Muhammadu Buhari's Interview With Bbc Hardtalk / Plot To Assassinate The President! / 4 years: What Wrong With You People, Bridges Built By Ondo State Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.