Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

The Four-lettered Lie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Four-lettered Lie (361 Views)

The World Is A Lie / How To Lie: Book By A Nairalander / The "All Men Cheat" Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Four-lettered Lie by Sommypan(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2020
Candlelight dinner? ✔

Kids at grandma’s? ✔

Perfume? ✔

Sexy lingerie? ✔

It's Valentine’s Day. I’m so excited. I can’t wait for my man to be back home. I start rearranging myself and my home, with a side smile; rehearsing the Kamasutra. My face is blushed and a light giggle runs past my lips as I remember some parts.

I’m rechecking dinner again. Its past 7:30pm and we planned this for 7:00pm. He’s always late, such a hard worker my man is. I adjust my thong, my dress and reapply my red lipstick, just as I’m going to the bedroom for the umpteenth time; I hear the hoots of my husband’s car at the gate.

I run like a small child towards the window and peep. It's him. Nervous chills run down my spine and I take a deep breath and walk towards the door.

All what’s going through my mind is, “Keep the pose, smile, sexy eyes, chest upward outward, butt out.”

The door slides open, and I’m caught unawares with my belly out like I’m 60 minutes pregnant, and my mouth agape like a fish’s gut opening. I quickly go into formation with the biggest smile I can muster. He looks at me with surprise and something akin to bewilderment.

“Welcome baby. How was work?” I ask as I take his work bag. He leans in to kiss me and I sniff something.

I look at him sharply, he stares back at me, with his eyes like that of a child’s. I smile like nothing is wrong and head towards our bedroom.
I’m there in record time and place the bag on the sofa. He gets in too and starts taking his clothes off, I aid him.

“Babe, go take a warm shower. I’ve got plans for us, you can’t imagine,” I whisper while unfastening belt buckles. His sharp intake of breath shows that the message was passed across.

“Okay, okay. Who are you and what did you do to my wife? But whatever it is, I like it,” he says smirking like the filthy pig he is.

I leave the room to the dinning table fuming at the mouth. How dare he? Today? I’m pacing and biting my fingers.

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/01/12/the-four-lettered-lie-a-flash-fiction-by-nkechi-analikwu/

(1) (Reply)

Sold / I Need A Brilliant Writer With Deep Knowledge Of Literature (urgent) / Stoeies: Forbidden Love – Season 1 Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.