Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders (3554 Views)

Swiss Govt Amends Bankng Law To Expose Illicit Accounts Of Corrupt Naija Leaders / Swiss Govt Amends Bankng Law To Expose Illicit Accounts Of Corrupt Naija Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 1:57pm On Mar 08, 2011
Yapa Yapa South Africa is the real giant of Africa, "Who said that? we've been having it" grin grin grin grin
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by saintneo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2011
retarded adverts for retarded people.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by ekubear1: 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2011
Those commercials are actually pretty funny.

But not really clear to me how it references naija leaders? Haven't been led by military since '99
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2011
eku_bear:

Those commercials are actually pretty funny.

But not really clear to me how it references naija leaders? Haven't been led by military since '99

The connection is the tendency of Nigerians to always be right,No one can argue with a Nigerian and win the argument.They're the most biggest,educated,intelligent and every thing.

If you come up with some ting new they'll tell you that 'we've been having it' grin grin grin grin
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by Ikengawo: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2011
i don't see what any of these have to do with nigeria. it looks like a generic african dictator with servants that don't have nigerian names dress nigerian or speak a nigerian language.

funny commercials though
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by ekubear1: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
RSA:

The connection is the tendency of Nigerians to always be right,No one can argue with a Nigerian and win the argument.They're the most biggest,educated,intelligent and every thing.

If you come up with some ting new they'll tell you that 'we've been having it' grin grin grin grin

Interesting. So is it just SA blacks who are so resentful of Nigerians? I assume white/indians/asians/etc there don't have this complex?
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by Udevex: 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2011
RSA:

Thats quite true actually, thats why our men don't go after kids and goats in the folorn hope the sex with a virgin can cure AID's. Its also why you will never read in the press that a Nigerian had their bath to wash away AID's after violating another mans wife. You're right.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by isalegan2: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
RSA:

U de vex?:

Thats quite true actually, thats why our men don't go after kids and goats in the folorn hope the sex with a virgin can cure AID's. Its also why you will never read in the press that a Nigerian had their bath to wash away AID's after violating another mans wife. You're right.

grin

One Nigeria!

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1vDejXnbgR8L77I5F_Tlcp3CHe5BO8yNjh59hepBANd1xX4hD[/img]
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
U de vex?:

Nigeria 'has been having it'

Ritual killings

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-351126.0.html

Zamfara state Senator marries a 13 years old
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-420566.128.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-234259.0.html
The return of Kidnappers

Aids in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-52429.0.html

We've been having it grin
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by kodewrita(m): 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2011
watched it before . Its depicting central african dictators. Nigerian dictators wore agbada (native wear) to look less like dictators. only central african dictators (idi amin and the like) had a lust for medals. So its definitely central african not nigerian.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by ekubear1: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2011
smh @ this dude comparing aids or crime in Nigeria to that of SA. . .

RSA: Abeg, let this not descend into something ugly. I can very, very easily roast SA and its leadership, if you want. . .

Up to you how we play this game.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by Akanbiedu(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
eku_bear:

smh @ this dude comparing aids or crime in Nigeria to that of SA. . .

RSA: Abeg, let this not descend into something ugly. I can very, very easily roast SA and its leadership, if you want. . .

Up to you how we play this game.

Something bash you, you still dey ask whether you should bash back or not. Thought you would be reminding "it" about how "you have been having" their black asses when the yellow people were dealing with them.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by Gbawe: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2011
@RSA

These ads don't mention Nigeria and does not mirror our ways and behaviour at all. That you still go out of your way to state that these series of ad are about us is flattering . It means you South Africans have nothing better to do than obssess about Nigerians all day. Nigerians are usually tech savvy and up to date with latest gizmos, technology, cars, fashion , bling etc . The ad is therefore oxymoronic as far as depicting Nigerians . The ads are probably a parody of Swaziland .
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by apoti(m): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2011
@ RSA, don't start what you can't finish, my simple advice undecided
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 8:08am On Mar 15, 2011
apoti:

@ RSA, don't start what you can't finish, my simple advice undecided

grin grin grin

Are you gonna throw your punch now,or you want me to throw the third and the fourth? grin grin grin
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by ekubear1: 8:16am On Mar 15, 2011
Can you imagine a dude from SA taking shots at Nigeria or Nigerians?

The same SA that you guys are ruining today and are in danger of destroying?  undecided

The same SA that has had flat economic growth for a decade now. . . coincidentally corresponding with them taking over?

No wonder there is no unity in Africa.

It is like a lazy drunkard's winning the lotto and feeling happy, and then mocking his middle-income cousin.

Within a short period of time you'll piss away the lotto money anyways. So what are you feeling so cocky about, asshat?
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by RSA(m): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2011
^Ouch grin

eku_bear:

The same SA that you guys are ruining today and are in danger of destroying? undecided

South Africa is developing,maturing and becoming a force in the world not just Africa,your Nigeria is divided,the future looks bleak,who knows in the next ten years it might not even exist,or there might be a civil wars there.I see three or four counties in that place called Nigeria.Lets wait for the election,I think all hell will break loose.

eku_bear:

The same SA that has had flat economic growth for a decade now. . . coincidentally corresponding with them taking over?

Which South Africa are you talking about,yes we don’t have 6-8% growth as compared to other Africa countries including Nigeria because those countries where extremely underdeveloped,South Africa is still growing steadily at 3 to 4% annually just like most developed countries,we all have to agree that more could be done,the potential is there.And now as a member of the five strongest emerging markets known as BRICS(Brasil,Russia,China,India,South Africa) we have an opportunity to grow even faster and bigger.The future of South Africa looks bright,the country is positioning itself to be one of the major forces in the world economy and politics.watch this space

eku_bear:

No wonder there is no unity in Africa.

It is funny you scream unity when it suits you guys,and beside no one will respect a brother who cannot even bath himself.Learn to bath yourself before you could start calling yourself Africas big brother.

eku_bear:

It is like a lazy drunkard's winning the lotto and feeling happy, and then mocking his middle-income cousin.
Within a short period of time you'll piss away the lotto money anyways. So what are you feeling so cocky about, asshat?

In this instance Nigeria is the lazy drunkard,and we all know that they’re boasting about nothing.A country of 200 thousand million people cramped in overpopulated,undeveloped,no infrustruture,unhygienic,corrupt and unlivable country yet they still have guts to say South Africa is no match for them?
When we talk about crime,HIV or any of ills we base this on facts,statistics that are scientifically proven.In Nigeria this information is not there,which makes me belief that Nigeria’s Aids AND crime cases might be bigger than South Africa.

You should all use South Africa as a role model on how to have a successful African nation.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by ekubear1: 9:05am On Mar 15, 2011
RSA:

You should all use South Africa as a role model on how to have a successful African nation.

In other words. . . turn over the country to whites, Indians and Asians, let them build it up to a first-world nation, then kick them out and run it down?  grin

If this is the only way to build a successful African nation, then count me out.

Which South Africa are you talking about,yes we don’t have 6-8% growth as compared to other Africa countries including Nigeria because those countries where extremely  underdeveloped,South Africa is still growing steadily at 3 to 4% annually just like most developed countries,
This isn't enough, though. Small pockets of your country are first-world, large swathes of it are 3rd world. Unemployment is what, 30%+? 3-4% economic growth simply will not cut it.

It is funny you scream unity when it suits you guys,and beside no one will respect a brother who cannot even bath himself.Learn to bath yourself before you could start calling yourself Africas big brother.
When on earth did you bathe yourself? Julius Malema is bathing himself?

In this instance Nigeria is the lazy drunkard,and we all know that they’re boasting about nothing.A country of 200 thousand million people cramped in overpopulated,undeveloped,no infrustruture,unhygienic,corrupt and unlivable country yet they still have guts to say South Africa is no match for them?
Lol. "200 thousand million people"? Illiteracy is still an issue, it appears.

When we talk about crime,HIV or any of ills we base this on facts,statistics that are scientifically proven.In Nigeria this information is not there,which makes me belief that Nigeria’s Aids AND crime cases might be bigger than South Africa.
Rofl. You are certainly entitled to your own beliefs, but not your own facts.

Anyway, it is what it is. I don't think Nigeria will necessarily make it intact. . . but I don't see why some dudes in a country built by the white man have bragging rights, at all.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by ekubear1: 9:14am On Mar 15, 2011

South Africa is a land of contrasts. It has fabulous mineral wealth, with 90% of the world’s known platinum reserves, 80% of its manganese, 70% of its chrome and 40% of its gold, as well as rich coal deposits; yet 43% of its population live on less than $2 a day.
http://www.economist.com/node/16248589

Damn. And I think we both know which segment of the population this 43% is. . . don't we?

So like I said. . . be very careful who you start taking shots at.

We can leave it at that, or I can dig deeper. Up to you how we play this game.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by gidson12(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2011
good smileyi see both the igbos and the yorubas on a joint attack here, it takes external force to bring these tribes together in Nland,
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by Ikengawo: 6:22am On Mar 16, 2011
In the end of the day you can't compare Nigeria to South Africa because  south africa's 'development' belongs to less then 10% of it's population, when the rest are poorer then the average Nigerian.

Mind you our super rich are richer then your super rich. the top 10% of nigeria can buy south africa, and the whole country  is growing at 7-8% annually, double south africa's stagnate growth.

SA is only #1 in Aids
wealth disparity
crime
and having white people.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2011
Another Nigeria vs. SA thread?

This topic has been thrashed out before.

But just to put in my two cents.

SA has people that speak with tongue clicks. Sorry to say it because I really have nothing against southern Africans, but that sh1t is just comical.

That's far more embarrassing to Africans than the most loud, colorful, overconfident and obnoxious Nigerian anywhere.

Compare the pre-European history of SA with the pre-European history of Nigeria. Some bad aspects and some good aspects in both, of course, but overall Nigeria's is actually worth writing about.

Compare the traditional clothing, compare the average education levels among the black populations, compare the art, compare the impact of the music (with the exception of Miriam Makeba, does anybody outside of SA listen to any other SA music?), etc. . . it goes on and on.

The irony of RSA's (the poster) contempt and hatred for Nigeria is that when Mandela was running from the SA government in 1961, it was Nigeria that kept him safe and hosted him, until he decided to go on the run again and then enter SA in disguise.

"In 1961, the racist government of South Africa and British Intelligence were furiously looking for Nelson Mandela. He was obliged to take refuge in Nigeria, and Zik, the Governor_General, assigned him to live with me at Ikoyi. I was the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Information.

Mandela lived with me at No.5 Okotie -Eboh Street, Ikoyi for more than four months. About the fifth month, Mandela soliloquized openly to my hearing, "for how long must I continue in this hide and seek game. I'd better go back to South Africa to give leadership to the people; if they kill me, my death will inspire the other nationalists to continue the struggle until total victory is won".

That was how he decided to return to South Africa where he was shortly arrested and imprisoned for life." - Mbazulike Amechi

http://allafrica.com/stories/201005171084.html
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by mkohagwu(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2011
Really funny commercial 40 comments already on my fb
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by slap1(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2011
RSA:

grin grin grin

Are you gonna throw your punch now,or you want me to throw the third and the fourth? grin grin grin
You can, but you will easily run out of punches . . . you can never compare the backwardness of SA with that of Naija . . . you guys are backwardly awesome: president's wife doing it with a body guard, president having unprotected s ex with a HIV positive lady, condoms distributed in large quantity during world cup to place an embargo on your largest export good (AIDS) . . . need I mention the broad day r ap)e? The drug ring? There are African countries I dream of going to, someday, but SA is certainly NOT AMONG them!
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by ekubear1: 7:56am On Mar 16, 2011
@slap1 and everyone else:

Let's leave it be. . . I think the point has been made. It isn't good to bash other African countries unless absolutely forced to.
Re: South African Vodacom Advert,making Fun Of Naija Leaders by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:03am On Mar 16, 2011
^^^
True.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ECOWAS Donates $382,000 To Nigeria’s Flood Victims. / Cnn Rejects FG Advert On GEJ Visit To China / Permanent Voters Card (PVC) Collection In Lagos. Report Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.