Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan (39786 Views)

Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden / Weekend Getaway At Niagara Falls Canada With Pictures / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by feedthenation(m): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
---Better maintenance culture is serious needed in Nigeria---
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
Lolo... U mean u went to see ur fellow monkeys in zhaa Ọza zoo!!
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by olajide21: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
Is Haruna still there?
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2020
The lions are no longer there. I read that One of the lions mauled its keeper after that experienced, they took the lions away.

Darkerberry:
There used to be two thin and starving lions there also, very large tortoise and some birds too, guess those have died of hunger now..

OP nice job anyways, you made beautiful shots of the green reserve and if you're interested there's another of such destination in ibadan, I got there for the first time weeks ago and I'm sure it will make a great addition to your list..

1 Like

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
travelwaka:
I got a little disappointed when I visited the zoo. I am not a fan of keeping an animal if you can not take care of them. The mini zoo is a no go area. There are no tour guides, You will have to figure things out on your own. The zoo looks like a deserted place. I passed the place twice without realizing that was the zoo. There was no notice no banner, nothing! To make matters worse it was covered in bushes. It was a lonely path and no one to ask so I decided to walk that lonely path and what I could describe as scary. I finally saw some hungry looking monkeys in cages and that broke my heart. Then some lean looking crocs and alligators. well obviously they were the only surviving animals present and that is because of their ruggedness to harsh condition.

I also saw some donkeys roaming freely . The zoo is a no go area. Its not worth the stress.

The Zoo animals are a true reflection of the Nigerian situation.

1 Like

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Ahmiidpk: 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
The place is awesome �

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by OyinO: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
This is why we MUST RESTRUCTURE and practice true FEDERALISM. As long as the centre and all the barren States keep sharing the crude oil proceeds, States like these will never harness the vast socioeconomic potentials and great revenue generation propensity of the tourism sector. Stoopid homopoliticus of lawless Nizooria.
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Dacaller: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
na photo shoot make agodi garden fine like did....I beg where our taxe money dey go self
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by emoney09: 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by tecnolad(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
damiloladuke:
who is in Ibadan...I wanna come for fun

I'm in Ibadan. If anyone else would be willing to hang out, we could have a little NLers hangout
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by ImaIma1(f): 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Imade fan here

but Imade was the chimpanzee at the University of Ibadan zoo not Agodi

Or is Agodi and UI same? I was UI zoo during my primary school days, I don't want to believe that's the place been describe by OP

Imade was the gorilla in UI.
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Dayveedolu(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
I was there September 12 and the zoo was practically closed no animal so how did you see this animals??
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by GoshenNLA(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Imade fan here

but Imade was the chimpanzee at the University of Ibadan zoo not Agodi

Or is Agodi and UI same? I was UI zoo during my primary school days, I don't want to believe that's the place been describe by OP
Its UI actually
I mixed it up, imade is a gorilla anyways
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by delpee(f): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
TecM0:
I hate to bring politics into this

But Late Governor Ajimobi did his best, and Concessioned Agodi Gardens, the place was well maintained and even the Managers were foriegn experts,

Seyi Makinde came on board call the concessioning corruption and gave it back to civil servants and state governments, now the place isn't looking like it used to be

It breaks my heart every time,

Agodi Gardens it truly if you like nature mixed with modern day fun activities

I remember that part of the Ajimobi/Ganduje wedding held there. The park was such a beautiful sight to behold. The swimming pool area had some water games where kids had fun. Also tgere were some small boats on the surrounding waters for short rides. The zoo wasn't this bad. I remember feeling happy that it was way better than it was when I was young and had family Easter picnics there.

GSM should try to maintain facilities in place even as he adds more. Allowing such a good place to deteriorate isn't hood for the State. This is beyond politics.
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by delpee(f): 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
Myhusband:

and I find where I can have fun all through for the 2days visit at Ibadan but couldn't get any idea

your post came late, nice view anyway

There are other places too depending on your taste and interest. There was an Ibadan thread here a while ago. Maybe that can be helpful apart from Google.
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 12:15am On Nov 13, 2020
travelwaka:
I got a little disappointed when I visited the zoo. I am not a fan of keeping an animal if you can not take care of them. The mini zoo is a no go area. There are no tour guides, You will have to figure things out on your own. The zoo looks like a deserted place. I passed the place twice without realizing that was the zoo. There was no notice no banner, nothing! To make matters worse it was covered in bushes. It was a lonely path and no one to ask so I decided to walk that lonely path and what I could describe as scary. I finally saw some hungry looking monkeys in cages and that broke my heart. Then some lean looking crocs and alligators. well obviously they were the only surviving animals present and that is because of their ruggedness to harsh condition.

I also saw some donkeys roaming freely . The zoo is a no go area. Its not worth the stress.

For me, Agodi Gardens died completely in 2015..

I miss when the place still had life.

1 Like

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Darkerberry: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2020
That is inevitable since they don't feed them properly.

travelwaka:
The lions are no longer there. I read that One of the lions mauled its keeper after that experienced, they took the lions away.

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by DEZZYDAGHZ(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
Oga travelwaka, God bless you for what you are doing. Please keep it up. I have always been a firm advocate of patronizing our tourism industry instead of spending so much outside of our borders without first exploring the many beautiful places we here in naija. Thanks for the many pictures of tourists sites. Please keep them coming. At least let's see and know these beautiful sceneries in our country. And your organization of affordable vacations, hotel, feeding and all is wonderful. Na money dey do us for now, but as God bless person I would really love to subscribe to some or all of your vacation plans. Kudos bros.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by bfn1: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Darkerberry:

Ok bro, it's the ILAJI Resorts and Sports Reserve.
Thank you. Hope to check it out.

1 Like

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by travelwaka: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thank you so much, words like this keeps us going. I am an advocate of tourism and there are so many beautiful tourist attractions in Nigeria , I wish our Government and people can embrace tourism in Nigeria.

We are dedicated to this course and expect more beautiful places in Nigeria

DEZZYDAGHZ:
Oga travelwaka, God bless you for what you are doing. Please keep it up. I have always been a firm advocate of patronizing our tourism industry instead of spending so much outside of our borders without first exploring the many beautiful places we here in naija. Thanks for the many pictures of tourists sites. Please keep them coming. At least let's see and know these beautiful sceneries in our country. And your organization of affordable vacations, hotel, feeding and all is wonderful. Na money dey do us for now, but as God bless person I would really love to subscribe to some or all of your vacation plans. Kudos bros.

1 Like

Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Darkerberry: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
bfn1:

Thank you. Hope to check it out.

Uw.. u can let us know wen u do maybe u will be able to give better analysis and review of the place.
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Myhusband(m): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
delpee:

There are other places too depending on your taste and interest. There was an Ibadan thread here a while ago. Maybe that can be helpful apart from Google.

thanks sis I'll check through. are you a resident of Ib?
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by qualitymart: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by delpee(f): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2020
Myhusband:

thanks sis I'll check through. are you a resident of Ib?

No. It's second home to me because I grew up there and still visit regularly.
Re: My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan by Myhusband(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
delpee:

No. It's second home to me because I grew up there and still visit regularly.

alright

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tajuddeen Musawa: Sokoto Lecturer, His Wife, 2 Children Die In Accident / Plane Crashes Into Car While Trying To Take-off On The Street In Russia (Video) / Nigerians In Cambodia Spraying Wads Of Cash On Their Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.