Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,917 members, 7,956,449 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy (954 Views)

Russia Would Provide Weapons To Sudan In Return For Red Sea Navy Base / President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries / Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by heniford2: 4:09am On Oct 20, 2020
Trump says Sudan will be dropped from state sponsors of terrorism if it pays $335 million to terror victims
The designation of Sudan as a state sponsor of terrorism dates back to the 1990s, when Sudan hosted Osama bin Laden and other wanted militants.
By Bradford Betz | Fox News
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Comments
Print
Email
Fox News Flash top headlines for October 19Video
Fox News Flash top headlines for October 19
Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com

President Donald Trump on Monday said Sudan will be lifted from the list of state sponsors of terrorism once it pays $335 million to U.S. terror victims and their families.

“GREAT news! New government of Sudan, which is making great progress, agreed to pay $335 MILLION to U.S. terror victims and families,” Trump tweeted. “Once deposited, I will lift Sudan from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. At long last, JUSTICE for the American people and BIG step for Sudan!”

The move from Sudan would open the door for the African country to get international loans and aid needed to revive its battered economy and rescue the country's transition to democracy.

President Donald Trump talks to reporters at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Monday, Oct. 19, 2020, in Phoenix.
President Donald Trump talks to reporters at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Monday, Oct. 19, 2020, in Phoenix. (AP)

Sudan has agreed to pay compensation for victims of the 1998 bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, attacks conducted by Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network while bin Laden was living in Sudan.

TRUMP CAMPAIGN REJECTS TALIBAN SUPPORT FOR 2020 REELECTION

Once the compensation money has been deposited, Trump is to sign an order removing Sudan from the terrorism list, on which it has languished under heavy American sanctions for 27 years.

Congress is then expected to act to restore Sudan's sovereign immunity, which would effectively stop future compensation claims from being filed against it in U.S. courts.

Sudanese officials have been negotiating the terms of removing the country from the list for more than a year, but the U.S. effort to repair relations with Sudan dates to the end of President Barack Obama's administration, which initiated the process in January 2017.

The designation of Sudan as a state sponsor of terrorism dates back to the 1990s, when Sudan briefly hosted bin Laden and other wanted militants. Sudan was also believed to have served as a pipeline for Iran to supply weapons to Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Bradford Betz is an editor for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @bradford_betz.
Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by heniford2: 4:14am On Oct 20, 2020
when will Nigeria grow like this

1 Like

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by orisa37: 4:28am On Oct 20, 2020
SUDAN SHOULD PAY TO SHOW REMORSE AND REPENTANCE.
Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by juman(m): 4:37am On Oct 20, 2020
America is the greatest terrorist country in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by ehinmowo: 5:06am On Oct 20, 2020
juman:

Una no won just get sense. Remove America from the world today and see how children of Mohammed decapitate you in the name of their god.

America is not saint. She is bound to do somethings that are not so good. But her vision is clear. So STFU!

3 Likes

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 20, 2020
juman:

See this dirty aboki
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:23am On Oct 20, 2020
Trump Trump
Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Iceberg3: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2020
orisa37:
SUDAN SHOULD PAY TO SHOW REMORSE AND REPENTANCE.

Sudan is still far better than the shhhhthol
Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by orisa37: 5:44am On Oct 20, 2020
Iceberg3:

Sudan is still far better than the shhhhthol

THEY'RE BOTH IN HELL
Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Jones4190(m): 5:45am On Oct 20, 2020
Nightstalker:

See this dirty aboki
Smh
the guy make sense more that you that claim to know all.
The United States has at various times in recent history provided support to terrorist and
paramilitary organizations around the world. It has also provided assistance to numerous authoritarian regimes that have used state terrorism as a tool of repression.
United States support for non-state terrorists has been prominent in Latin America , the Middle East , and Southern Africa . From 1981 to 1991, the United States provided weapons, training, and extensive financial and logistical support to the Contra rebels in Nicaragua, who used terror tactics in their fight against the Nicaraguan government. At various points the United States also provided training, arms, and funds to terrorists among Cuban exiles, such as
Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles .
The Years of Lead was a period of socio-political turmoil in Italy that lasted from the late 1960s into the early 1980s. This period was marked by a wave of terrorism carried out by both right- and left-wing paramilitary groups. It was concluded that the former were supported by the United States as a strategy of tension .
Before you rush to called him aboki, ask yourself this question, why did USA refuse to sell arms to Nigeria under jonathan to help fight boko haram?

3 Likes

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 20, 2020
[s]
Jones4190:

the guy make sense more that you that claim to know all.
The United States has at various times in recent history provided support to terrorist and
paramilitary organizations around the world. It has also provided assistance to numerous authoritarian regimes that have used state terrorism as a tool of repression.
United States support for non-state terrorists has been prominent in Latin America , the Middle East , and Southern Africa . From 1981 to 1991, the United States provided weapons, training, and extensive financial and logistical support to the Contra rebels in Nicaragua, who used terror tactics in their fight against the Nicaraguan government. At various points the United States also provided training, arms, and funds to terrorists among Cuban exiles, such as
Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles .
The Years of Lead was a period of socio-political turmoil in Italy that lasted from the late 1960s into the early 1980s. This period was marked by a wave of terrorism carried out by both right- and left-wing paramilitary groups. It was concluded that the former were supported by the United States as a strategy of tension .
Before you rush to called him aboki, ask yourself this question, why did USA refuse to sell arms to Nigeria under jonathan to help fight boko haram?
[/s]

Drug addict I didn't read the nonsense you typed

4 Likes

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Jones4190(m): 6:02am On Oct 20, 2020
Nightstalker:
[s][/s]
Drug addict I didn't read the nonsense you typed
I know you as an illiterate, you can't read
Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 20, 2020
[s]
Jones4190:

I know you as an illiterate, you can't read

[/s]

I am still not going to read whatever you type not because I know it s rubbish but because I don't respect you as a human being. I follow your posts here and they are always nonsense

I want to ask you a question, are you on any medication?

1 Like

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Jones4190(m): 6:10am On Oct 20, 2020
Nightstalker:

I am still not going to read whatever you type not because I know it s rubbish but because I don't respect you as a human being. I follow your posts here and they are always nonsense

I want to ask you a question, are you on any medication?
I'm on medication to help fox like you.
free yourself from mental slavery bros

1 Like

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by Iceberg3: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2020
orisa37:

THEY'RE BOTH IN HELL

But Sudan is still better. They don't suffer power outages. They have valuable currency and Nigerians hustle there in their numbers... Nigerians play football in the Sudanese league.

How many African countries citizens hustle in Nigeria? That's to show you how ugly naija is

1 Like

Re: Trump To Sudan Government Pay Us To Left Up Ban On Your Economy by orisa37: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
Iceberg3:

But Sudan is still better. They don't suffer power outages. They have valuable currency and Nigerians hustle there in their numbers... Nigerians play football in the Sudanese league.

How many African countries citizens hustle in Nigeria? That's to show you how ugly naija is

Yes they are both in Hell in a Cell Sudan is Sound in Hell. Naija is insane in Hell.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Photographer Enters Guiness Book Of Record for World Largest photobook / CNN Apologizes To China / Drone Strikes Damage Buildings In Moscow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.