Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane (9371 Views)

How To Instill The Spirit Of Performing Solah In Your Children? / COVID-19: How Can Someone Wearing PPE Perform Ablution For Solah? / Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Lukgaf(m): 6:30am On Oct 20, 2020
Can we observe Solat in a moving vehicle, bike or plane?

Praise be to Allah.

Performing prayers at the right time is a trust and an obligation, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Verily, al-Salaat (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours." [al-Nisaa' 4:103].

Delaying the prayer past its appointed time is a grave major sin, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"So woe unto those performers of salaat (prayers) (hypocrites), who delay their salaat from their stated fixed times." [al-Maa'oon 107:4-5]

Some scholars state that the person who deliberately misses one prayer and leaves it until the appointed time is over, with no excuse, is a kaafir. Claiming that one cannot find a place to pray is not a valid excuse, because either one is living on the face of the earth or not, and if one is living on the face of the earth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The (whole) earth has been made a mosque (or a place of prayer) and a means of purification for me, so wherever a man of my ummah may be when the time for prayer comes, let him pray." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 335)
According to a report narrated by Muslim, he said: "The (whole) earth has been made good for me, a means of purification and a mosque (or place of prayer); so wherever a man may be when the time for prayer comes, let him pray wherever he is." (Saheeh Muslim, no. 521)

The entire world is a suitable place to prostrate oneself; the scholars have made no exceptions except very few, such as graveyards and lavatories. Wherever a Muslim is when the time for prayer comes, he should pray: in a mosque, if possible, or else in a hallway or park, on a sidewalk or in a parking lot, or in a corner of a store. Even if one can find no other place than a church, it is permissible to pray in it.

As far as praying on board means of transportation is concerned, then it is possible to pray there so long as the necessary conditions of prayer are fulfilled, or else one can wait until one gets out of the vehicle. If waiting means that the time for the prayer will pass, then you should pray in the best way that you can. Let us assume, for example, that you are in a car or train where there is no place to pray, you cannot stop and pray at the side of the road, and the time for that prayer is running out. In such a situation, the Muslim should pray in the best way that he can, even if he is sitting in his seat and even if he is not facing the qiblah, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can" [al-Taghaabun 64:16], and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If I have commanded you to do something, do as much of it as you can." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 7288)

An exception to be above is naafil (supererogatory) prayers offered when riding a camel, which is permissible even if one cannot get down or if one is not facing the qiblah. This is known from the report of Ibn 'Umar, who said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray when travelling on his camel, no matter which direction it was facing, and he would gesture with his head to indicate the movements of the night prayer, apart from the obligatory prayers, and he would pray witr on his camel too." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 945)

Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray voluntary (nafl) prayers when riding on his camel, no matter what direction it was facing, when he came from Makkah to Madeenah." Then Ibn 'Umar recited this aayah (interpretation of the meaning): "And to Allaah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces, there is the Face of Allaah (and He is High above, over His Throne)" [al-Baqarah 2:115]

Ibn 'Umar said: "It was concerning this that this aayah was revealed." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 2883; he said, this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth)

We should not forget to point out here that Muslims living in non-Muslim countries sometimes delay or abandon their prayers for another, completely different, reason, which is that they feel too embarrassed to pray in front of the kuffaar in public or open places, or they are afraid that they will make fun of them and regard them as odd. This is a serious mistake. How can a Muslim feel embarrassed about proclaiming the truth and worshipping openly, hastening to fulfil the command of Allaah at the time when Allaah has said it is to be done?

We ask Allaah to help us all to remember Him, to be grateful to Him and to worship Him properly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/333

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Kherdija(f): 6:31am On Oct 23, 2020
Allahumma Ameen.
Oh Allah you are the one who pardons greatly and love to pardon,forgive our sins,grant us knowledge that is of benefit,a good provision and deeds that will be Accepted.

11 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2020
Shior.... Must I claim I'm a muslim before commenting...

Why?

9 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by seunak2016: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2020
hmm
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Oizee(f): 10:27am On Oct 23, 2020
Aameen
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Jikolo9: 10:29am On Oct 23, 2020
Allahumma Ameen

1 Like

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by aleeyus(m): 10:30am On Oct 23, 2020
Ask4bigneyo:

Why?
Must you comment?

wetin u won say for d thread??

9 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by abdulizom(m): 10:30am On Oct 23, 2020
Jazakumullahu khairan, may Allah bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by koolaid87: 10:30am On Oct 23, 2020
shocked
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by 2lola: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2020
May Allah continue to guide us

2 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by sunshineV(f): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2020
even on railway line
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Brayss(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2020
Kherdija:
Allahumma Ameen.
Oh Allah you are the one who pardons greatly and love to pardon,forgive our sins,grant us knowledge that is of benefit,a good provision and deeds that will be Accepted.
Ameen
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by fatymore(f): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2020
Aliamdulilahi for this piece.

What if my work doesn't permit me to pray at the requested time, can I pray on my seat?

May Allah give us jos that would be the coolness of his eyes.

Lukgaf:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Baker77: 10:37am On Oct 23, 2020
Astegfiru llah cry

1 Like

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Hier(m): 10:38am On Oct 23, 2020
Read this carefully and reevaluate

Islam and Christianity all took their root from one source which is Abraham

Moses himself wrote the Torah while the different prophets wrote their own books.

My point is, according to the Torah and the Prophet which is the book the Jews still use till date. They believe a messiah would come. They believe the messiah would die for the sins of men as written in the book they read, they believe the Messiah shall be called the Almighty God, evidently, God is a Spirit and that was why the Messiah was born through the power of the Holy Spirit so He would be who He was said to be. Do your findings?
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2020
may God make easy..
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by fatymore(f): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2020
fatymore:
Aliamdulilahi for this piece.

What if my work doesn't permit me to pray at the requested time, can I pray on my seat?

May Allah give us jobs that would be the coolness of his eyes.

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:54am On Oct 23, 2020
Even You can make solat on HIGHWAYS, just face the moving trucks.. Islam is easy to practise

2 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by ukeleh: 11:02am On Oct 23, 2020
I think there should be exemption to all these, for instance you're in a vehicle without ablution and the vehicle can't stop for you to perform ablution, how then can you perform the salat?
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Myer(m): 11:43am On Oct 23, 2020
Lukgaf:

Of course you can. Rest assured if you die in the process your will make it to Al Jana.

But the more important question is this,

How does religion keep turning full grown adults into this though?

Very soon they will tell you to kill unbelievers and you will do it to please your god right?

2 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by BrainRider: 11:56am On Oct 23, 2020
Thanks Op
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by FuckOsuPigs: 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
Ask4bigneyo:

Why?

Must you comment? Why?
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Akhirastriver(m): 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
Ask4bigneyo:

Why?
Did u comment anything sensible

1 Like

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by peppermint7(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
Lukgaf:

i accepted the claims only to come here and tell you that am no fucking Muslim
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by aspabay(m): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
You need special preparation just to talk with God. Nawaaa ooo.

And your Allah choose a special times to have you pray to him. Any prayer outside such times is O.Y.O.

I hail.

2 Likes

Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
aspabay:

Any prayer outside such times is O.Y.O.

Now where did you get this information from?
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by Reish(m): 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
Salam, what if we are not in the state of purity?
Re: Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane by DasaintHope(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2020
Punk Ass Religion of piss

(1) (Reply)

Does Islam Come From The Decendants Of Ishmael The First Son Of Abraham / Can A Person Be Possessed By The Jinn When He Is Keeping Up With Adhkaar? / Why We Fast On 9th And 10th Muharram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.